Closed Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    and just eat "normal" IE a hamburger. No reason to make up insane concoctions. counterproductive man

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DanTheManB View Post
    and just eat "normal" IE a hamburger. No reason to make up insane concoctions. counterproductive man
    ok, sounds good
    Ill make a chili burger tonight
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the biggest thing is to just relax about life and training. I KNOW how to do it but I let it get away from me a lot as well.

Food is good. More energy=more productive and FUN workouts. Who wants to workout having your tank at most half full?

What are your overall goals regarding training ?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    the biggest thing is to just relax about life and training. I KNOW how to do it but I let it get away from me a lot as well.

Food is good. More energy=more productive and FUN workouts. Who wants to workout having your tank at most half full?

What are your overall goals regarding training ?
    To be honest I am not sure exactly my training goals.
    I played baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis, downhill skiing, growing up. Also, in HS I got into XC and became extremely good (recruited for college). Obvioulsy I was very thin and at the very beginning of my freshma year I ended up in the hospital and haven't competed since. I kept running, lifting and training, basically spinning my wheels for years with no progress due to lack of nutrition. Overall the last few months I have made some big changes and feel great. My lifts are up and easier and I have cut back on the outrageous amount of cardio I have been doing.
    I guess my immediate goal is to gain strength/weight because I need to build up my muscle base substantially before doing anything else. However, I have always dreamed of doing some sort of triathlon or something, but that will have to take a back seat to weight gain and muscle building right now. I have always been very small (5'2") due to genetics and am always going to be smaller than most guys but I feel like I shouldn;t have to be so much weaker than they are. I am not ever going to want some bodybuilding physique but just build up a strong athletic body.
    Sorry for the long answer. I appreciate your help/ input.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey bro---lil advice for you

On an OFF day....TAKE IT OFF!!!!! No abs, no "light biking" NOTHINNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go see a movie! Read! Do daily activities but no focused workouts! Dammit.

And you can't fool me btw...those pics are extreme close ups of VERY SMALL portions....do yourself a favor and stay honest with yourself. I want to see you pull out of this
    eat less broccoli. i know that trick too..if you cant eat A POUND of freakin broccoli you would be better served to eat more eggs...or more PITA or 2 scoops casein...get it?
    QFT on everything above. Could not be said better. Your body cannot grow if you do NOT give it rest. The body grows out of the gym, not while you run and do cardio + lift all the time. Since moving from 1 to 3 off days. I have seen the best results of my life and have been eating more than ever.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    To be honest I am not sure exactly my training goals.
    I played baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis, downhill skiing, growing up. Also, in HS I got into XC and became extremely good (recruited for college). Obvioulsy I was very thin and at the very beginning of my freshma year I ended up in the hospital and haven't competed since. I kept running, lifting and training, basically spinning my wheels for years with no progress due to lack of nutrition. Overall the last few months I have made some big changes and feel great. My lifts are up and easier and I have cut back on the outrageous amount of cardio I have been doing.
    I guess my immediate goal is to gain strength/weight because I need to build up my muscle base substantially before doing anything else. However, I have always dreamed of doing some sort of triathlon or something, but that will have to take a back seat to weight gain and muscle building right now. I have always been very small (5'2") due to genetics and am always going to be smaller than most guys but I feel like I shouldn;t have to be so much weaker than they are. I am not ever going to want some bodybuilding physique but just build up a strong athletic body.
    Sorry for the long answer. I appreciate your help/ input.

The 5'2" thing is no big deal. whatever. it is what it is. You're dealing with it. Be the best YOU can be with what you're given. As long as you know that you're in good shape already.

Ok So immediate goal is to get overall healthier and stronger. Long term is to compete in a triathlon. Awesome goals.

Take what some of us say to heart. Bob (The solution) and myself have been there done that. Different stories and backrounds but the issue and illness remains the same. We are both aware of the mindsets.

If it's a ten step goal to reach your overall plans you are on step 1. This is your second job. But a fun job! Now RELAX, eat when you need to and rest when you need to (preferably two full days off imo) and when you train get work done but enjoy it and have fun. Dumb things down. Don't weigh everything out. Just eat till full.

Day 11

Chili Burger as promised

Tuna and Mexican Mash (cauliflower, salsa, Promise) Craving spicy today I guess

Today's Baking: Pancakes (white=ginger, brown=cinnamon)

Whey cake

Cottage cheese blended with blueberries

Not pic'd: jar of PB and spoon

Workout: Was planning on hitting a high in calories so I hit it hard in the gym.
    3 sets of Deads, bench, incline, military press, rows and curls.

Felt great. Lots of energy. Not trying to "save" myself for more exercise later in the day definitely allows me to lift more. Lifting again today and then taking off tomorrow and GOING TO THE NCAA TOURNEY!
    Founder of MMDELAD

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Day 11
    Not pic'd: jar of PB and spoon
    A whole jar of PB?
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

Originally Posted by Scooter4 View Post
    A whole jar of PB?
    Haha no.
    a few spoonfuls
    Founder of MMDELAD

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You make a lot of pancakes at once, haha.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) felony9071 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Omg your pancakes are awesome!!
    Look what you've become.
    A monster.

mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Might be a stupid question but u refer to the pancakes as baking...Your not actually making them in the oven right..LOL..that would be something new..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logs:
    Flex Freak and Cissus 800!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167154401

Completed
    Capsi Blast Log with Austinp55!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152151613

Originally Posted by mminguela View Post
    Might be a stupid question but u refer to the pancakes as baking...Your not actually making them in the oven right..LOL..that would be something new..
    no sorry, I use a flat top griddle (that way I can make 6 at a time rather than using a pan). I guess I just refer to anything I make with flour/baking mix as my "baking" for the day. Everyday I make some sort of bread, pancake, cake, brownies, etc. with some sort of combination of flour, mix, whey, cocoa powder, eggs, added spices/flavorings as a way to make a large batch of one thing to save time and up my intake.
    Founder of MMDELAD

eat a whole jar for gods sake. the whey cakes look fukin disgusting. cut that out. for real.

have a shake with a scoop of ice cream and 2 scoops whey

loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you going to send me those protein brownies... that picture was soo big i could taste it!

That chili burger looked awesome and BTW i love raw onions FTW, everyone thinks im weird and can't be around me, but i love em!
    I used to Eat like a Bird and Train like a Pussy... Now.... All i do is Eat, and I push my body to its limits, Again...and Again... and... Again...Cuz i CAN!
    " "clean'' bulking, its a waste. Your gonna waste all of your time counting calories. Dont be a food whore on a bulk. save it for a cut. Dirty bulk my friend. eat big to get big."
    If you are worried about your abs.... Train them harder!!!

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by loupenguin View Post
    When you going to send me those protein brownies... that picture was soo big i could taste it!

That chili burger looked awesome and BTW i love raw onions FTW, everyone thinks im weird and can't be around me, but i love em!
    I love raw onions too. Especially on gyros..
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

all u guys are doing is egging this dude on. @ 5'10 135 you need to be eating REAL food rather than making pseudo food to feed into your ED's

BTW i love raw onions FTW, everyone thinks im weird and can't be around me, but i love em!
    probably your breath afterwards
    lol
    The toppings make the burger
    To be honest I don't think there is anything fantastic about ground beef, but throw on some beans, peppers, chilis, onions and salsa (hold the ketchup please) and you got yourself some tasty eats.
    Founder of MMDELAD

all u guys are doing is egging this dude on. @ 5'10 135 you need to be eating REAL food rather than making pseudo food to feed into your ED's
    sorry if u dont like my food choices
    but the stuff I eat helps me really up the calories
    I don't do refined sugars because of hypoglycemia, so stuff like ice cream, sugary cereals, etc are out.
    Plus, eating stuff I know is healthy enables me mentally to throw down more.
    Founder of MMDELAD

If you are hyperglycemic, why not eat a big ass steak and a ton of eggs? Potatoes, Pasta, and Rice things you really lack in your diet or daily eats, and could really fuel you for the amount of cardio + lifting you do. Easy calories, cheaper, and not loaded with a ton of junk you use in your baking.

There is no defined term of Healthy, anything in moderation is fine, the body recognizes a carb as a carb, a fat as a fat, and a protein as a protein (Layne Norton will tell you that face to face) Its how the individual perceives a food in their head.

What in gods name do you put in your pancakes and whey cakes? Those look bizarre, and paper thin... If your going to make pancakes or waffles they should actually rise.... like this:

Last edited by The Solution; 03-19-2010 at 06:13 PM.

loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) loupenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

There is no defined term of Healthy, anything in moderation is fine, the body recognizes a carb as a carb, a fat as a fat, and a protein as a protein (Layne Norton will tell you that face to face) Its how the individual perceives a food in their head.
    Good Point bob, I would rep, but i have to wait/ can't.
    I used to Eat like a Bird and Train like a Pussy... Now.... All i do is Eat, and I push my body to its limits, Again...and Again... and... Again...Cuz i CAN!
    " "clean'' bulking, its a waste. Your gonna waste all of your time counting calories. Dont be a food whore on a bulk. save it for a cut. Dirty bulk my friend. eat big to get big."
    If you are worried about your abs.... Train them harder!!!

If you are hyperglycemic, why not eat a big ass steak and a ton of eggs? Potatoes, Pasta, and Rice things you really lack in your diet or daily eats, and could really fuel you for the amount of cardio + lifting you do. Easy calories, cheaper, and not loaded with a ton of junk you use in your baking.

What in gods name do you put in your pancakes and whey cakes? Those look bizarre, and paper thin... If your going to make pancakes or waffles they should actually rise.... like this:

I do eat eggs and beef (check this thread). I can't do any real starchy carbs (rice, potatoes, etc) and I really mean I CAN NOT. Well, hypothetically I could eat a few small bites but that would be pointles because getting in calories is obviously most important.
    I can get away with only small amount of fruit and I can eat beans and pea Not I don't want to, but I can't. Therefore I eat a high protein and high fat diet. Meat, eggs, whey, CC for protein (and trust me I get plenty of protein). PB, nuts, olive oil, and use carbquik, carbalose flour and flax wraps (as bread replacements) for fats.

Yes I acknowledge that I have a phobia about eating "dirty". Mainly because that is how I got started into this whole mess. And obviously as long as I eat adequate calories, everything will take care of itself (it wouldn't matter if I ate 100% clean or not, the issue is eating enough period). I am way up in calories compared to a few months ago, at an alltime high in calories for years and have had the best lifts on my life this week.
    And tomorrow I am taking the day OFF.
    Last edited by determined4000; 03-19-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD

so oats are fine but yet those are starcy carbs, and you had a white bun on your chili burger.. but you ignore potatoes rice and pasta? if you can only eat a few bites yet you take down bowls of oats? That doesnt make sense....

How much sugar free junk do you use in a daily basis, xanathan gum etc etc? like in your whey cakes, pancakes etc?

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do eat eggs and beef (check this thread). I can't do any real starchy carbs (rice, potatoes, etc) and I really mean I CAN NOT. Well, hypothetically I could eat a few small bites but that would be pointles because getting in calories is obviously most important.
    I can get away with only small amount of fruit and I can eat beans and pea Not I don't want to, but I can't. Therefore I eat a high protein and high fat diet. Meat, eggs, whey, CC for protein (and trust me I get plenty of protein). PB, nuts, olive oil, and use carbquik, carbalose flour and flax wraps (as bread replacements) for fats.

Yes I acknowledge that I have a phobia about eating "dirty". Mainly because that is how I got started into this whole mess. And obviously as long as I eat adequate calories, everything will take care of itself (it wouldn't matter if I ate 100% clean or not, the issue is eating enough period). I am way up in calories compared to a few months ago, at an alltime high in calories for years and have had the best lifts on my life this week.
    And tomorrow I am taking the day OFF.
    If your hypoglycemic why don't you stop using that carbquick crap all together and cut down on your fiber intake. How could that possibly help you UP your calories? Just eat more fats.

Also, with hypoglycemia don't you need to try to keep your glucose UP? when it gets low you eat something with carbs to raise it back up?
    Last edited by Holyspokes; 03-19-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

so oats are fine but yet those are starcy carbs, and you had a white bun on your chili burger.. but you ignore potatoes rice and pasta? if you can only eat a few bites yet you take down bowls of oats? That doesnt make sense....

How much sugar free junk do you use in a daily basis, xanathan gum etc etc? like in your whey cakes, pancakes etc?
    It says "TVP" oatmeal = soy-based
    bun I made myself
    i dont use xanthan

Look, I understand you are trying to help. But I am really finding it hard to build on the positive emotions I am feeling based on my progress because you are constantly trying to tear me down. How come you give others encouragement?
    Founder of MMDELAD

Originally Posted by Holyspokes View Post
    If your hypoglycemic why don't you stop using that carbquick crap all together and cut down on your fiber intake. How could that possibly help you UP your calories? Just eat more fats.
    carbquik has a good amount of fat (1.5cups is 27grams)
    Like I said, I also eat a good amount of PB, nuts, use oils, etc.
    Fiber helps me digest. I had a huge blockage 3 years ago and must keep fiber intake high.
    As far as the macros I am eating, I am sorry I am going to follow the advice of professionals over you.
    Founder of MMDELAD

I wish you luck my man but you're obviously still to sick to help. If you ever have any questions though please feel free to PM me

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    carbquik has a good amount of fat (1.5cups is 27grams)
    Like I said, I also eat a good amount of PB, nuts, use oils, etc.
    Fiber helps me digest. I had a huge blockage 3 years ago and must keep fiber intake high.
    As far as the macros I am eating, I am sorry I am going to follow the advice of professionals over you.
    I'm just sayin bro.. 33g of fat is nowhere near "a good amount" That's like 2 servings! C'mon man!

Professionals are telling you to eat carbquick instead of more oils/nuts/what have you?
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Originally Posted by Holyspokes View Post
    I'm just sayin bro.. 33g of fat is nowhere near "a good amount" That's like 2 servings! C'mon man!

Professionals are telling you to eat carbquick instead of more oils/nuts/what have you?
    No. I DO EAT NUTS, PEANUT BUTTER ALL THE TIME!!!!!!
    But I also would like to enjoy stuff that I normally wouldn't like sandwiches, pancakes, bread ,etc--> carbquik.
    Founder of MMDELAD

No. I DO EAT NUTS, PEANUT BUTTER ALL THE TIME!!!!!!
    But I also would like to enjoy stuff that I normally wouldn't like sandwiches, pancakes, bread ,etc--> carbquik.
    No need to get frustrated man, If I'm annoying you let me know and I'll stop posting here.. but if the point of the thread is to help you overcome your issues of food, I think it's worth pointing out some things.

I know you eat nuts all the time. The actual amount you are eating is nothing though. 33g of fat a few days ago?

Fat intake should be based on bodyweight (.4-.5g/lb is a safe MINIMUM)
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1