Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50)

R.I.P. John Defendis ( 2009 thread, not new )

Rest in peace John Defendis.

here is a sample of the kind of man John Defendis was.

Being a winner is an opportunity that we all have, but it isn?t a gift that we should be handed. We must work hard to earn the title of ?winner.?

We will never create a good society until individual excellence is once again respected and encouraged, especially for our youth.

When I say being a winner, I mean a winner in: Sports, in improving ones health, in your family life, in your work, in helping others to excel and being a winner in life in general.

Winning rests on not only an outstanding ability, but on commitment, discipline, pride, loyalty and hard work.

My friend Bill just turned 75. He is in the best shape of his life. In fact, he easily bangs out more than 100 pull-ups a day and looks great!

Bill has raised a fantastic family, helped and encouraged others to be the best that they can be and has lived an honest life with integrity. Bill is a winner, and I am so proud to call him my friend.

Here?s the truth: Life can hit you hard and you have to be prepared for it. Our losses are life?s lessons and we adapt by working harder and smarter.

I don?t live by, adhere to or believe today?s mindset of ?everybody is a winner and everybody gets a trophy.? This is the exact mindset that is ruining our youth and our society!

The truth is there are only a select few that have earned the honor of being called winners and champions. If you want to be in that class then you better be prepared to work your butt off and be the best that you can be.

Here?s my take on directing our youth and our children: How about we become strong and effective parents and mentors by walking the walk and being responsible adults with discipline and fortitude?

This means by staying fit and healthy and living a just life, a life with integrity.

We should teach our youth how to work hard and go after their dreams and goals, teach them how to handle themselves when they lose by shaking hands and then going home with a relentless pursuit to learn more, work harder, making a stronger effort and then come back and win and teach them how to be a good winner, a humble winner and one that can then use that WIN as a platform to motivate others to be their best also.

Why not put away the Nintendo, Wii and Playstation games and get these kids out there to compete in a sport, so that they can learn about work ethic, teamwork, sportsmanship, intensity and glory?

Why not teach them how to be a positive influence on others and to inspire people to go after their dreams and goals?

I ask you all to challenge some of the youth of today to dream ... to set goals and to go after those goals with a relentless pursuit.
    believe none of what you read and half of what you see.

"I do not know" is the birth of wisdom.

Will become a Natural Pro UCFBuilder's Avatar
    UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    inspirational man....what u just wrote is my current mindeset..repped

SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by roid gut View Post
    Rest in peace John Defendis.

here is a sample of the kind of man John Defendis was.
    I can find any info about John Defendis dead...
    That guy was quite young (51)

Have you any link to confirm it?
    "Everything begins when you just believe that you're the bigger, the best..."

roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50) roid gut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SpanishLEGS View Post

i don't, maybe it hasn't been reported yet but i'm going to his funeral on monday.

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    He just die? I mean what you posted looks like he wrote it yesterday?
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Seems like dude was immune to gettin' old -

What happened?
    Zeus

DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up John DeFendis Dead?

Originally Posted by SpanishLEGS View Post

I've been looking for a link to confirm it but no luck.
    But just for the record...
    The rumors of my death have been greatly exagerrated.
    Last I checked my heart rate was clocked at approximately 70 beats per minute.
    Blood pressure 120/80
    Body temperature: 98.6

Hopefully I have some time left.
    I can only ask that I make the cut when the time comes and that I am blessed with the lord's presence upon my exit from this world.

John DeFendis

IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) IwillBaMonster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol. a good one.
    Zeus

DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeFendis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=SpanishLEGS;337009401]I can find any info about John Defendis dead...

The truth be known...
    I am still alive and playing with the weights.
    Attached Images

I've never heard about you before, but you had/have very impressive physique. It's strange you are not amongst old school famous list.
    Zeus

ultrafitrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up John DeFendis is VERY MUCH ALIVE

John sent this link to his trainers in an email this morning. I am one of John's Ultra Fit Personal Trainers in Anderson SC. He is very much alive and helping people on a daily basis as always.

You can hear him on the radio every single Tuesday speaking on a variety of topics. I am about to go into the gym to make sure that the newspaper article that John wrote is placed on the counter of the gym where he manages a team of 12 trainers.

Listen to some great
    ULTRA FIT Tips
    by John DeFendis
    today and every Tuesday!!!

WHAT RADIO STATION:
    WCCP 104.9 FM
    Dan Scott's Cruise Control

Listen Online by clicking here---> WCCP 104.9 FM The Drive - All sports 24/7

DAYS & TIME:
    TODAY & EVERY TUESDAY
    from
    11:45 UNTIL 12:00 NOON

JUST WANTED TO ADD THIS IN CASE YOU ALL WANNA HEAR HIS VOICE ON TUESDAY....

It's still intensity or insanity!!!!

Ultra Fit Robin

ultrafitrobin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Homework

You guys need to do some homework. John was inducted into the fitness hall of fame along with Arnie.....he was Mr. USA and 9 time personal trainer of the year....I could go on...but sounds like ya'll need to do some studying up on Mr. DeFendis. He is recognized by all of the champions in his sport.

Check yourselves.....

UFR

Originally Posted by IwillBaMonster View Post
    I've never heard about you before, but you had/have very impressive physique. It's strange you are not amongst old school famous list.
    Your just not going back far enough my friend.
    lol
    ; )
    I was recently inducted in the Bodybuilding Hall of Fame and I have been fortunate enough to be added to the lists of legends like Arnold, Sergio Oliva, Steve Reeves, Dave Draper, etc.

You can see some of my ASK THE CHAMP posts on the Iron Age website which chronicles and highlights the Champions from the past.

Well then it's my bad. You probably just had less PR then these guys over the time..

And how the f.ck your calves are so huge??
    Zeus

Calves

Originally Posted by IwillBaMonster View Post
    Well then it's my bad. You probably just had less PR then these guys over the time..

And how the f.ck your calves are so huge??
    My Calves come from a combination of good parents and genetics + some very intense calf training finished with Mountain Climbing with a 50 pound plate strapped around my neck during the years that I was in Arizona. The gym was at the base of a mountain so I could finish a hard Calf workout, strap the 50 pound plate on and run up the mounatin on my toes.
    It would take about 20 minutes to get to the top.
    Needless to say...It worked.
    Most importantly...It's that EASY!
    ; )
    Here's another Calf pic where it is splitting when I am posing it.
    Attached Images

Holly ****, that's some serious calves. And an interesting workout.. I'll definitely will try it out in a stadium with a long stairs.
    Zeus

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That was an incredible passage you wrote John.

I myself share the exact same mentallity when it comes to today's youth that you do. I am currently training very hard to become a primary school teacher so that one day i can make a difference to the world and I am going to go in with the same attitude you expressed in that passage. I encourage confidence from an early age and challenge kids to be competitive and i think my teaching style has been extremely effective in getting that most out of them.
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

Originally Posted by Ajk_Lpool View Post
    That was an incredible passage you wrote John.

I myself share the exact same mentallity when it comes to today's youth that you do. I am currently training very hard to become a primary school teacher so that one day i can make a difference to the world and I am going to go in with the same attitude you expressed in that passage. I encourage confidence from an early age and challenge kids to be competitive and i think my teaching style has been extremely effective in getting that most out of them.
    That's AWESOME Ajk!
    We need more Leaders like you!
    We need more people who share that mentality and are willing to help others go after their goals and be the best that they can be!
    I commend you for your aspirations to be a Primary school teacher who makes a difference.
    Go for it!
    Johnny DeFendis

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    John, just gotta tell ya I've read the story many times about you taking those two goofballs through a shoulder workout and making 'em barf. What a classic!

romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DeFendis View Post
    That's AWESOME Ajk!
    We need more Leaders like you!
    We need more people who share that mentality and are willing to help others go after their goals and be the best that they can be!
    I commend you for your aspirations to be a Primary school teacher who makes a difference.
    Go for it!
    Johnny DeFendis
    lol....only 5 posts, come on...you not DeFendis

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Tom Prince's Avatar
    Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Johnny D had me on his radio show back in the mid 90's. 1996, I think.

Was definetely an extremist when it came to training and diet. He'd diet people on no carbs (Well.. not NONE.. you got half a cantalope a day... that's, what, 20 carbs? LOL.), and, he wanted you to do 30 - 50 sets per bodypart. And NO cardio.

Mind boggleing Like, from the dark ages, mind boggleing.
    IFBB Professional Bodybuilder

Originally Posted by Pro Tom Prince View Post
    Johnny D had me on his radio show back in the mid 90's. 1996, I think.

Was definetely an extremist when it came to training and diet. He'd diet people on no carbs (Well.. not NONE.. you got half a cantalope a day... that's, what, 20 carbs? LOL.), and, he wanted you to do 30 - 50 sets per bodypart. And NO cardio.

Mind boggleing Like, from the dark ages, mind boggleing.
    TOM PRINCE!
    Great to see you!
    I hope you are doing well and that you are fit and healthy.
    Yes...You could say that it is mind boggling and you can even say that it is from the dark ages...But you can't ARGUE WITH SUCCESS!
    To date I have trained over 300 Champion bodybuilders and I am proud of all of them.
    What I am most proud of is that none of them abused drugs.
    They trained their asses off and focused on strict dieting and they came in to every show in shape!
    Even more importantly...My NO CARDIO, just train hard Ultra Fit program has helped more than 200 people, (everyday people with no aspirations to compete) to lose more than 100 pounds each locally here in Greenville South Carolina!
    They are much healthier (most coming off of their blood pressure and cholesterol medications) and they are much happier.
    I am blessed to have a program and a great staff of trainers that produces results.
    What are you up to these days?
    I know that you were a National Champion in both Swimming and Bodybuilding and I was pleased to know you for the short time that I did.
    Are you still training and if so, what kind of condition are you currently in?

o0oOOo00oOoo0oOOo00o o0o0Ooo0o0Oo's Avatar
    o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i don't, maybe it hasn't been reported yet but i'm going to his funeral on monday.
    So how was his funeral? He must be posting from the grave...

The Funeral

Originally Posted by SuperFabulous View Post
    So how was his funeral?
    Being that it was a funeral for John DeFendis...
    I thought it was great because I still felt alive, I got to eat, and I got to meet all of the people that disliked me when I was younger because they were jealous that I went after my goals, while inspiring and training others and spawning more champions.
    They were excited when they heard the rumor that I died and jumped all over it!
    lol
    I told them how great it felt to accomplish those goals and how even greater it feels every day to use those goals as platforms to help others achieve their goals!
    Alot of those people were the wannabes that didn't work, tried to live off of others, looked for sponsors rather than self reliance, disrespected others and are now bouncing in strip clubs and bars at 40 and 50 years old.
    Yes...It's always good to see those people.
    Sincerely,
    Johnny DeFendis <---::: With a hint of SARCASM on his typing finger :::

o0oOOo00oOoo0oOOo00o o0o0Ooo0o0Oo's Avatar
    o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000) o0o0Ooo0o0Oo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nice...

Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gainwithfailure will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak5.htm

If you guys havent read this yet read them all. its my favorite **** ive read on this site so far....

Last edited by Gainwithfailure; 06-01-2009 at 03:39 PM.

isn't anybody(other than the first poster) going to thank me for waking you guys up to John DeFendis? i got John some well deserved recognition. you're welcome.

another MEANINGFUL post by the Distended one.

aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aj21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gainwithfailure View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak5.htm

If you guys havent read this yet read them all. its my favorite **** ive read on this site so far....

Oh man I've read his training articles so many times. That must've been one insane gym to train in.

isn't anybody(other than the first poster) going to thank me for waking you guys up to John DeFendis? i got John some well deserved recognition. you're welcome.

another MEANINGFUL post by the Distended one.
    Dude...Is that the way you "Wake People Up?"...
    By telling them that someone is Dead?
    LMAO.
    It's a good thing that I have a good sense of humor or I would be searching the internet for your name and address and I would have had a plane ticket in my hand within a couple of hours and an address to the nearest gym near you!
    You would have learned first hand what a real Intensity or Insanity Leg Workout felt like!
    And, oh...Believe me...It's alot tougher in person then it is by reading it on a blog!
    Ask the last guy who spent an hour laying in his puke in the shower fully dressed.
    His girlfriend was begging him to quit when she saw his face after the 2nd cycle of 20 reps Heavy Squats, Leg Presses and Lunges!

Anyway...Thanks for dragging me on here to tell everyone that I am quite ALIVE but I don't know about the well deserved recognition.
    I reserve that and re-direct it to our troops in Iraq and the heroes who fight for our freedom.
    Say a prayer for them when you have a moment please.
    I am just little ole Johnny D, sitting here in my little ole office, getting ready for one of my little ole workouts...
    Care to join me?
    ; )

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, John. It's gotta suck to wake up one morning feeling great only to log on to some site and find out that you're dead! That would be a bummer. Anyways carry on.
    Regards,
    Crush505