Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Congrats to my Engreesh Brahs.

Fwiw, I support Brexit.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on our economy overnight going from the 4th largest in the world to the 5th, behind France?
    Congrats on sterling being at the worst low against the dollar since 1985?
    Congrats on the prospect of facing a real chance of having to choose between the idiot Boris Johnson and the contemptible Michael Gove for PM?
    Congrats on having made Marie le Pen happy?
    Congrats on the overwhelming probability of going back into recession?

Or on something else?

I hope there will be some long term upsides to Brexit, though if there are they are most unlikely to be the upsides that the majority of the leave voters thought they were voting for. But in the short term congratulations and celebrations feel a bit premature.
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In terms of currency exchange rates, its just a global market knee jerk reaction. I'm sure things will balance themselves out after-all its going to be a the very minimum 2 years before anything really happens.

The big question is - will we will be allowed to participate in the Eurovision song contest!?
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    In terms of currency exchange rates, its just a global market knee jerk reaction. I'm sure things will balance themselves out after-all its going to be a the very minimum 2 years before anything really happens.
    Agreed. But it is the market's reflection of the fact that Brexit brings with it massive uncertainty - we basically don't actually have a real plan in place to work out wtf we are going to do next. No-one seriously though Brexit was a likely result (least of all Boris Johnson, whose personal views are very much "remain" but jumped on the Brexit wagon for political gain even though he thought he would lose), so there really any certainty of how we go about what comes next. Hell we don't even know when we ought to trigger Article 50!

Lots of doom and gloom about the long term at the moment. I personally think it is very overstated, but it is difficult to say when we don't know what we want, or how we are going to get it, or when!

We still get to participate in the Eurovision.

However we won't be able to continue in Euro 2016*

*this is not because of Brexit - it is because we are ch1t at football and will be knocked out soon.
    ☻/
    / \

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Agreed. But it is the market's reflection of the fact that Brexit brings with it massive uncertainty - we basically don't actually have a real plan in place to work out wtf we are going to do next. No-one seriously though Brexit was a likely result (least of all Boris Johnson, whose personal views are very much "remain" but jumped on the Brexit wagon for political gain even though he thought he would lose), so there really any certainty of how we go about what comes next. Hell we don't even know when we ought to trigger Article 50!

Lots of doom and gloom about the long term at the moment. I personally think it is very overstated, but it is difficult to say when we don't know what we want, or how we are going to get it, or when!

We still get to participate in the Eurovision.

However we won't be able to continue in Euro 2016*

*this is not because of Brexit - it is because we are ch1t at football and will be knocked out soon.
    Agreed, especially the part about us being s**t at football!! I hate the sport with a passion.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The US should learn a simple lesson from this re Trump. The shy, quiet voters will shock you. If the media, their friends etc call them racist, bigoted etc for the way they want to vote, they will say that they are voting left, so that people will leave them alone, but when they get in that little booth, they will vote right.

A democratic deficit was laid bare when listening to many politicians last night. A lot of people were asking if calling the referendum was a mistake. Asking the public to vote was a mistake? If people believe in democracy, asking the public to vote is never a mistake, no matter how stupid you (and I) think the electorate is. If you think that a vote shouldn't have been allowed because it gives the "wrong" result, you don't believe in democracy at all, but just use it as a cloak to hide personal quests for power.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

I think the polls got it wrong because they were telephone polls and internet polls. Most of the voting was by northerners who don't have telephones or computers...
    ☻/
    / \

DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the polls got it wrong because they were telephone polls and internet polls. Most of the voting was by northerners who don't have telephones or computers...
    Don't forget about the Welsh, who don't even have electricity. Cornwall would have been the one person in the village that can read telling the others which box to put the cross in.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Don't forget about the Welsh, who don't even have electricity. Cornwall would have been the one person in the village that can read telling the others which box to put the cross in.
    Good point. But once those tin mines re-open, we will be an economic powerhouse once again!
    ☻/
    / \

What I am finding the most shocking, besides how bitter the remain camp is, is how little preparation has been done. The government, who legislated for the referendum, have blatantly made no preparations for what would happen in the event of a leave vote, they just assumed that people would do as they were told. Where was the impact assessment, the disaster planning, the change management processes etc? FFS, the head escalation point has just resigned. We are in full blown keystone cops mode.

Anna Soubry (business minister for those who don't know) just said that project fear has become project fact. The markets aren't real, nothing has actually changed from yesterday, the markets are all about confidence and perception. A business minister going on national tv and telling the world that the economy is now fked, doesn't exactly help confidence.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think people understand the scope and uncertainty of this in regards to the world economy. The ecomonmic drag on this will last a long, long time.

English folks....was this a binding referendum?
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    I don't think people understand the scope and uncertainty of this in regards to the world economy. The ecomonmic drag on this will last a long, long time.

Advisory, it has no legal standing. If we leave by activating article 50, we file for divorce and the divorce will take 2 years. We can do that any time we want though, now, next year, the year after or whatever.

If they try and do it outside article 50, who knows. The process of somebody leaving has never actually been done before.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mates,

The global economy will tank sooner or later. The global debt is a quadrillion dollars. It is mathematically impossible to pay off.

Phukk the globalists.

Yes, they will blame Brexit, but there are people who are well aware that that EU was a creation of the US.

EU already destroyed Cyprus and Greece. Brexit was the right decision.

It's ironic how the early Americans directly told England to phukk off. Now you Brexiters indirectly told the US to phuck off right back.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

What I am finding the most shocking, besides how bitter the remain camp is, is how little preparation has been done. The government, who legislated for the referendum, have blatantly made no preparations for what would happen in the event of a leave vote, they just assumed that people would do as they were told. Where was the impact assessment, the disaster planning, the change management processes etc? FFS, the head escalation point has just resigned. We are in full blown keystone cops mode.

Anna Soubry (business minister for those who don't know) just said that project fear has become project fact. The markets aren't real, nothing has actually changed from yesterday, the markets are all about confidence and perception. A business minister going on national tv and telling the world that the economy is now fked, doesn't exactly help confidence.
    That is what I have been banging on about for the last few days. I have no problem with a Brexit vote in principle. But in practice, to engineer a Brexit vote without a plan is just insane. Its like leaving a job that you have been in for 40 years, without having a new job to go to, without having looked at the job market, and without having written a CV. Sure leave the job if it sucks, but at least make some provision for what you might do afterwards.

The response from the Remain camp has been poor though. It is all very well to think "we are so f%^&ed", and that might be right. But there is a lot of petulance from the Remain camp saying essentially - "you are idiots and you are wrong, and you are now f&*%d so f&*^ you"

Sadly most voters in the UK don't have any clue of what this means. Most of them are either voting on the basis of anti-immigration, or some vague argument about "taking control" which they don't really understand. The rich irony is that most of the people who have voted against "unelected" officialdom don't usually vote! But they are going to have to wait a little while for their "control". The UK Parliament is going to be pretty much dedicated for the next 10 years just legislating their way out of Europe, let alone doing anything else.

Outside the UK, the effects are going to be seismic. The market effect is going to be big regardless, at least in the short term. Long term, there is a real chance that it will spell the beginning of the end of the EU. And that would be a very big deal indeed, for the US as well as the rest of the world.
    ☻/
    / \

Outside the UK, the effects are going to be seismic. The market effect is going to be big regardless, at least in the short term. Long term, there is a real chance that it will spell the beginning of the end of the EU. And that would be a very big deal indeed, for the US as well as the rest of the world.
    Spain are fked. The Spanish property market tanked in the crash, but do you have any idea what will happen to tourist areas when they start to worry that Brits will stop going there on holiday and buying property? There may well be little tangible change, but the fear is going to tank property in tourist areas.

Spain are fked. The Spanish property market tanked in the crash, but do you have any idea what will happen to tourist areas when they start to worry that Brits will stop going there on holiday and buying property? There may well be little tangible change, but the fear is going to tank property in tourist areas.
    Spain are fecked for sure, but even Germany are in a grim position. They have to brutally murder us in trade negotiations in order to prevent all the rest of the dissenters from upping and leaving (as they have already threatened to do this morning), and yet doing so is going to hugely damage their own export market. Meanwhile France now have to stave off a rampant Marie le Pen who is crowing about the result, Holland similarly. Troubling times for the Eurozone.

Putin must be rubbing his hands with glee!
    ☻/
    / \

Of course, maybe everything will be fine, somehow.

☻/
    / \

Spain are fecked for sure, but even Germany are in a grim position. They have to brutally murder us in trade negotiations in order to prevent all the rest of the dissenters from upping and leaving (as they have already threatened to do this morning), and yet doing so is going to hugely damage their own export market. Meanwhile France now have to stave off a rampant Marie le Pen who is crowing about the result, Holland similarly. Troubling times for the Eurozone.

Putin must be rubbing his hands with glee!
    They should have taken us seriously then. The UK said they would leave if Europe didn't change and Europe sat there with Gallic condescension and said "those stupid English kniggits, let them eat cake". The EU never took the threat of Brexit seriously; they are used to telling countries to vote again if they vote "wrong", but we are too big to pull that crap on. With 2000 years of war (on and off) between England and mainland Europe, they should damn well know that the English are more than capable of saying "fk you" out of principle or just sheer belligerence.

They should have taken us seriously then. The UK said they would leave if Europe didn't change and Europe sat there with Gallic condescension and said "those stupid English kniggits, let them eat cake". The EU never took the threat of Brexit seriously; they are used to telling countries to vote again if they vote "wrong", but we are too big to pull that crap on. With 2000 years of war (on and off) between England and mainland Europe, they should damn well know that the English are more than capable of saying "fk you" out of principle or just sheer belligerence.
    Indeed, and I did feel a strange sort of pride this morning. It is a very British thing to do to say fk you to the rest of the world, even if it is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

PS, I enjoyed the Holy Grail reference slipped in there...
    ☻/
    / \

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Will this brexit thing delay the launch of Clarkson's new show - The Grand Tour?

cuz that would suck.

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Will this brexit thing delay the launch of Clarkson's new show - The Grand Tour?

cuz that would suck.
    No. But it's now going to be "The Grand Staying Right Here", because paperwork...
    ☻/
    / \

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No. But it's now going to be "The Grand Staying Right Here", because paperwork...
    oh damn.

oh damn.
    And there will be no fancy Italian cars. Or German ones. Just good old British cars. So, err, a rusty old Landrover and an Austin Allegro then.
    ☻/
    / \

And there will be no fancy Italian cars. Or German ones. Just good old British cars. So, err, a rusty old Landrover and an Austin Allegro then.
    Well, if you've seen one exotic supercar, I reckon you've seen them all.

Maybe they'll present one of these majestic beasts, eh

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey Chazzy, when is Canada going to Canexit from the Antarctic Union? It's about time, you know.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Advisory, it has no legal standing. If we leave by activating article 50, we file for divorce and the divorce will take 2 years. We can do that any time we want though, now, next year, the year after or whatever.

If they try and do it outside article 50, who knows. The process of somebody leaving has never actually been done before.
    Since non-binding, Britain has time to declare Article 50 than a two years to get out. Between now and declaring the article 500, they can renegioate trade agreements...correct? I suspect it will be a difficult process, there are a lot of pissed off people outside the UK right now...

Maybe they'll present one of these majestic beasts, eh
    Rolls Royce? The epitome of everything that is good about British manufacturing? Owned by the Germans I'm afraid...
    ☻/
    / \

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Hey Chazzy, when is Canada going to Canexit from the Antarctic Union? It's about time, you know.
    Antarctica is the one on the bottom, Marky. I think you mean the other Arctic on the top of the big 'ol earthball.

and we would vote to leave but it would do no good. Unless you had like a giant, mega-sized ice pick or a $hit ton of hair dryers.

Sadly most voters in the UK don't have any clue of what this means. Most of them are either voting on the basis of anti-immigration, or some vague argument about "taking control" which they don't really understand. The rich irony is that most of the people who have voted against "unelected" officialdom don't usually vote! But they are going to have to wait a little while for their "control". The UK Parliament is going to be pretty much dedicated for the next 10 years just legislating their way out of Europe, let alone doing anything else.

Yeah I read where 75%-76% of the Brits voted....holy hell that is huge. Your comment regarding anti-immigration,etc. reminds me of our current election process....lol...

Since non-binding, Britain has time to declare Article 50 than a two years to get out. Between now and declaring the article 500, they can renegioate trade agreements...correct? I suspect it will be a difficult process, there are a lot of pissed off people outside the UK right now...
    The EU have said we should declare Article 50 now, as have the opposition in the UK. That puts huge pressure on the renegotiation of any trade deal, which is of course why they both say that. The Conservatives would like to delay the Article 50 trigger as long as possible for the same reason, and yes, that would give a bit more leeway in negotiations. But there is huge pressure on the EU to be seen to punish Britain and fast, because there is already a growing clamour for further exits across Europe. So any negotiation is going to be brutal.
    ☻/
    / \