GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Werner Herzog films

Anybody else watch any Werner Herzog documentaries "Grizzly Man", "Into the Abyss" etc.? It's odd I both like and dislike them but in a way that keeps me wanting to watch them. Just curious if any one else has an opinion about his nonfiction work.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    Anybody else watch any Werner Herzog documentaries "Grizzly Man", "Into the Abyss" etc.? It's odd I both like and dislike them but in a way that keeps me wanting to watch them. Just curious if any one else has an opinion about his nonfiction work.
    Where are these usually seen? (what media/channel?). Not familiar.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lots of small theaters, History Channel has a lot of his stuff. Most are available on youtube. Wins a bunch of film festival awards type stuff. Just google Warner Herzog and some should come up. He sort of blurs the line between art film and documentary, more emotional than informative at times but gets to the humanity of stories. Big criticism is he is more about the experience than the knowledge. Check out Grizzly Man or into the Abyss or Wings of hope. There are a bunch more. They all address very dark subjects.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    Lots of small theaters, History Channel has a lot of his stuff. Most are available on youtube. Wins a bunch of film festival awards type stuff. Just google Warner Herzog and some should come up. He sort of blurs the line between art film and documentary, more emotional than informative at times but gets to the humanity of stories. Big criticism is he is more about the experience than the knowledge. Check out Grizzly Man or into the Abyss or Wings of hope. There are a bunch more. They all address very dark subjects.
    I knew some of it sounded familiar. Yeah, I know about Grizzly Man. He was a freaking idiot! . But I see (just watched a clip) that his story is narrated by someone else.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have seen a couple of his documentaries. I saw Grizzly Man and also one he did on the death penalty where he interviewed death row inmates. Both were good. Herzog is a thoughtful guy, and I love the way he weaves the elements together in a way that leaves the viewer with questions to think about....rather than beating you over the head with his own opinions. The only thing I don't like about his films is his voice. The thick accent combined with the general timbre of his voice kinda bugs me, but it is a minor complaint.

Here is one of his greatest works:

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I have seen a couple of his documentaries. I saw Grizzly Man and also one he did on the death penalty where he interviewed death row inmates. Both were good. Herzog is a thoughtful guy, and I love the way he weaves the elements together in a way that leaves the viewer with questions to think about....rather than beating you over the head with his own opinions. The only thing I don't like about his films is his voice. The thick accent combined with the general timbre of his voice kinda bugs me, but it is a minor complaint.

Here is one of his greatest works:
    SOB! I knew I recognized his voice and knew who he was. looked it up...sure enough, I nailed it. Last saw him in Jack Reacher as the crazy Czech (?) prisoner who chewed his fingers off to survive .