farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Static Stretching wont decrease power

That's right, you read it right. Static stretching will NOT decrease power/speed/strength done sometime before a race or power involved event.

Yes I also stand by this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...tic+stretching

That static stretching DOES lower power output.

So now you must think I'm crazy, saying it doesn't and does lower power when done before, right beside each other. Well guess what... I am right!

Static stretching when HELD will relax the muscle, but this is meant for a certain period of time. When at rest, anything is STATIC. So any period of time that we do "static" stretching is still a period of time that the position is held, therefore it is still by definition static.

What we want to do is first loosen up our muscles and increase core temperature, first thing done in a warm up... After some light leg swings can be done or whatever until you're loose. Then sit down and lets start stretching. What we are going to do here is go to FULL range of motion and hold for a moment and release.

So with the basic sit and reach on one leg, we move slowly and reach full range of motion until you can no longer reach any further, hold for a single second, release and come back up, switch legs repeat. Just one time, then do another stretch and follow same thing.

You will reach full range of motion in a muscle, then do a dynamic warm up and will be loosened up and will not have your power reduced at all. Sure you will have GREATER range of motion in a muscle by doing full static stretch, but we can easily get same level of ROM to allow for proper hip extension with a paused static stretching + dynamic warm up.

Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So what's the point of stretching when you can just do a full ROM dynamic exercise anyways? I'm not doubting you but it seems like a waste of time when you can accomplish the same thing in less time and actually warm up your muscles more anyways.

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't see how a 1 second static stretch would make a warm up that already has dynamic warm up in it any better. To me it seems pointless.

who knows

farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farzamk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DaJager_Meister View Post
    So what's the point of stretching when you can just do a full ROM dynamic exercise anyways? I'm not doubting you but it seems like a waste of time when you can accomplish the same thing in less time and actually warm up your muscles more anyways.
    You'd have to be doing ballistic stretching to reach full ROM and I meant static this way + dynamic combined allow for full ROM.

Originally Posted by olinerules87 View Post
    I don't see how a 1 second static stretch would make a warm up that already has dynamic warm up in it any better. To me it seems pointless.

who knows
    I've tried it and tried with my athletes, remember the 1 second is at full range of motion, you have a build up phase where you are getting to your max range of motion.

Waiting to Procrastinate DaJager_Meister's Avatar
    DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaJager_Meister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by farzamk View Post
    I've tried it and tried with my athletes, remember the 1 second is at full range of motion, you have a build up phase where you are getting to your max range of motion.
    So is there any published research about this or is it just your opinion?

Originally Posted by DaJager_Meister View Post
    So is there any published research about this or is it just your opinion?
    My opinion and Charlie Francis I just found out uses the same method of static stretching.

You guys wanted original content that cant be found on google, so here it is.

FullChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This would be a wonderful research option for someone out there. Heck, I may do it myself. In theory, it sounds very possible. Even though I do believe the OP I would love to see some studies.
    Chris Gooden, M.A., CSCS, USAW, NSCA-CPT