Page 100 of 139 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 4167
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I want to share some more info I learned from other coaches. This is how I think when I program my own training. I encourage you to do the same.

Programming Thinking Template

a. What is the issue?
    b. What the solution is based on my observation and experience until now?
    c. What is my previous experience using this exercise and how it has or has not helped.
    d. What can I tweak from this exercise to help me improve my weakness?
    e. What were the previous parameters (rep/set/rpe/tempo/etc) that I used and how can I tweak it this time to provide me with even more benefit?
    f. The pictures are clear now. What am I missing? Is this really all?
    g. What the REAL possible solution is.

Here is a real life example of MY THOUGHT PROCESS when I was trying to develop my next cycle. Yours will be different.. Do not worry about the language I use here. This is just an example.

a. What is the issue?

- I have not set a PR in the C&J in many, many months.
    I believe the reason for this is because I lack hip pop with heavier weights. I tend to cut my pull short in an effort to go down fast. I think the reason for this is because I focus too much on ‘flat footed catapult’. Also, I am so used to ‘staying on my heels’ as opposed to ‘lifting on midfoot.’ In other words, technique (or improper technique) is the culprit.

b. What have I done and what happened?

- I focused on getting my back squats up, thinking that it would help drive up my numbers. I set a 20-lb PR during the first phase of the Chinese System. My back squat PR is 335-lbs, but this did not improve my cleans.
    - I also focused on volume work on the classic lifts. Volume work improved my work capacity without a doubt. However, this did not seem to improve max lifts, because, again, I believe improper technique was the underlying issue.
    - I also attempted to add pulls and panda pulls to my routine. But I stopped doing them because they did not seem right. My movements were too ingrained with the catapult method.
    HOWEVER, just until several weeks ago, I changed my pulling style in both snatch and clean to “Lu Pull”, as introduced by Kirk. I had been focusing on pulling from mid foot. I had also been focusing on transferring power from ankles to hips. My all time best PR in the cleans is 240-lbs, which I did 1.5 years ago. I have not done 240-lbs since then. But I approached 235-lbs a week ago, just by doing the “Lu Pull.”

c. What the solution is based on my observation and experience until now?

- I just need more time to eliminate the ‘catapult’ DNA out of my system and get used to the “Lu Pull.”
    I need to do lots of drills and lifts that will encourage this movement. Lifts like snatch, cleans, and pulls will help.

d. What is my previous experience using this exercise and how it has or has not helped.

When doing any kind of pulls or panda pulls, I felt that there was no transfer over because I was so used to doing ‘catapult.’ I was so used to ‘staying on my heels’ that when I popped my hips, the movement did not look and did not feel right.

e. What is my previous experience using this exercise and how it has or has not helped.

When doing any kind of pulls or panda pulls, I felt that there was no transfer over because I was so used to doing ‘catapult.’ I was so used to ‘staying on my heels’ that when I popped my hips, the movement did not look and did not feel right.

f. What were the previous parameters (rep/set/rpe/tempo/etc) that I used and how can I tweak it this time to provide me with even more benefit?
    - I will stay with the previous parameters. I don’t think the rep / set scheme were the issue. Come to think of it, I am 100% sure the underlying issue was improper execution of the 2nd pull.

g. The pictures are clear now. What am I missing? Is this really all?

I will keep doing the classic lifts up to RPE 10, and I will keep working on volume. The only difference I will do is lifting from my midfoot, as opposed to lifting from the heels. I will also focus on power transfer from ankles to hips. Basically, I just need time to ingrain good habits.

In your case, let’s go over your thought process based on the feedback you had given me, and below is the initial skeleton template:

a. What is the issue?
    You want to improve the snatch, front squat and benchpress.

- Focus on squatting – both back and front, and focus on both volume and intensity. Make a huge pyramid.
    - Focus on benchpress.
    - Keep working on classic lifts.

c. What is my previous experience using this exercise and how it has or has not helped.
    - 5-3-1 was not helping with 1RM. Add intensity day. Add exercises that will allow carryover.

e. What were the previous parameters (rep/set/rpe/tempo/etc) that I used and how can I tweak it this time to provide me with even more benefit?

- See below..

Skeleton Template

Day 1 (Volume Day)
    5-3-1 Back Squat
    5-3-1 Bench Press
    Accessories??

Day 2 (Classic Lifts Volume Day)
    Snatch / Snatch Variation Like Hang Snatch or Block Snatch (Triples)
    Cleans Only / Clean Variation Like Hang Cleans or Block Cleans (Doubles)
    Accessories??

Day 3(Intensity Day)
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Very Light Technique Work (Snatch and / or C&J)
    Accessories??

Day 4 (Max Out Day)
    Snatch
    Clean & Jerk
    Alternate Between Snatch Grip DL and Clean Grip DL every other week (Doubles)
    Accessories??

I am recommending you do 5-3-1 Back Squat and 5-3-1 Benchpress on Day 1, when you are the freshest. Remember, the movement that is worked first is worked best.. Also, 1 day a week of benchpress should be enough because you do enough pressing on the classic lifts and you will also add pushpress.

Day 2 is volume on snatch and CLEANS ONLY. Again, you need volume to create the base. You will not do jerk this day because you do enough pressing – bench press, push press, and C&J on max day.

Day 3 is intensity day on front squat and pushpress. You will create the tip of the pyramid on this day. The front squat will carryover to the classic lifts and the back squat. Push press will carry over to jerks, snatch, and benchpress. We will also add light technique on this day (50% of 1RM), in preparation for max day on day 4.

Day 4 is max day on snatch and C&J. I would also recommend you alternate snatch grip deadlift and clean grip deadlift after maxes. You will do doubles of DL. 110% of your snatch on snatch grip DL, and 110% of you clean on clean grip DL.

Let me know what you think.. We can modify based on your feedback. Don’t be afraid to challenge me and challenge the dogma. You know yourself better than anybody else.

If you are okay with the recommendation, we can talk more about accessory lifts and the rep scheme on intensity day.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Stenn, just curious about your recommendation of eating the proteins first in the meal. What is the idea/science behind that?
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Hey Stenn, just curious about your recommendation of eating the proteins first in the meal. What is the idea/science behind that?
    I think carbs take longer to process/digest, while proteins get drawn into the body quicker.

I think. Don't quote me on that.

inb4 I get quoted. Literally.
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sawa3 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    I think carbs take longer to process/digest, while proteins get drawn into the body quicker.

I have never heard of such a thing. Most meals you want to be balanced with carbs, protein and fats. This helps to keep you feeling fuller longer.
    Carbs are generally faster digesting. They are used first as fuel for our bodies and are our main energy source.
    Maybe someone's science is saying to eat protein so you can get the aminos to build and repair muscle.
    Make sense? This is a brief explanation since I'm on phone.
    Sarah- NASM CPT

Weighed 245 LBS after having 2nd child in April 2006
    BodPod Results:
    August '09 33.7% Body Fat at 178 lbs & down to 22.9% body fat at 151 lbs in September '11

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    Im here! Phone is in the red. I will post tomorrow.

Had to say that even though I cant watch the video that im so freaking proud of yiur 50kg clean. Congratulations!!!!!

And I hope the cow is better.
    Hey Geek!! Thank you coming by! The 50 KG clean was a nice feeling of accomplishment.
    The cow didn't get better.

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    Awesome clean PR! The next training phase is sounding excellent

Sorry to hear about the cow issues but glad to hear she is improving
    Yes, I am hoping we can target the right areas and make some improvements.
    The momma was dead this am when I got up. I thought last night she would make it. Growing that big of a calf just took all she had. I called the man I bought her from and told him and he said it wasn't is fault. I told him he was a bad steward of his animals.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    I want to share some more info I learned from other coaches. This is how I think when I program my own training. I encourage you to do the same.

Programming Thinking Template

a. What is the issue?

Here is a real life example of MY THOUGHT PROCESS when I was trying to develop my next cycle. Yours will be different.. Do not worry about the language I use here. This is just an example.

a. What is the issue?

- I have not set a PR in the C&J in many, many months.
    I believe the reason for this is because I lack hip pop with heavier weights. I tend to cut my pull short in an effort to go down fast. I think the reason for this is because I focus too much on ‘flat footed catapult’. Also, I am so used to ‘staying on my heels’ as opposed to ‘lifting on midfoot.’ In other words, technique (or improper technique) is the culprit.

b. What have I done and what happened?

- I focused on getting my back squats up, thinking that it would help drive up my numbers. I set a 20-lb PR during the first phase of the Chinese System. My back squat PR is 335-lbs, but this did not improve my cleans.
    - I also focused on volume work on the classic lifts. Volume work improved my work capacity without a doubt. However, this did not seem to improve max lifts, because, again, I believe improper technique was the underlying issue.
    - I also attempted to add pulls and panda pulls to my routine. But I stopped doing them because they did not seem right. My movements were too ingrained with the catapult method.
    HOWEVER, just until several weeks ago, I changed my pulling style in both snatch and clean to “Lu Pull”, as introduced by Kirk. I had been focusing on pulling from mid foot. I had also been focusing on transferring power from ankles to hips. My all time best PR in the cleans is 240-lbs, which I did 1.5 years ago. I have not done 240-lbs since then. But I approached 235-lbs a week ago, just by doing the “Lu Pull.”

c. What the solution is based on my observation and experience until now?

- I just need more time to eliminate the ‘catapult’ DNA out of my system and get used to the “Lu Pull.”
    I need to do lots of drills and lifts that will encourage this movement. Lifts like snatch, cleans, and pulls will help.

d. What is my previous experience using this exercise and how it has or has not helped.

e. What is my previous experience using this exercise and how it has or has not helped.

f. What were the previous parameters (rep/set/rpe/tempo/etc) that I used and how can I tweak it this time to provide me with even more benefit?
    - I will stay with the previous parameters. I don’t think the rep / set scheme were the issue. Come to think of it, I am 100% sure the underlying issue was improper execution of the 2nd pull.

g. The pictures are clear now. What am I missing? Is this really all?

I will keep doing the classic lifts up to RPE 10, and I will keep working on volume. The only difference I will do is lifting from my midfoot, as opposed to lifting from the heels. I will also focus on power transfer from ankles to hips. Basically, I just need time to ingrain good habits.
    You were a catapulter? Oh that is interesting.
    Thank you for this info. I don't think I have ever put that much thought into my training program and why I do what I do.

In your case, let’s go over your thought process based on the feedback you had given me, and below is the initial skeleton template:

a. What is the issue?
    You want to improve the snatch, front squat and benchpress.

- Focus on squatting – both back and front, and focus on both volume and intensity. Make a huge pyramid.
    - Focus on benchpress.
    - Keep working on classic lifts.

- 5-3-1 was not helping with 1RM. Add intensity day. Add exercises that will allow carryover.

I think my accessory work is lagging. I am not good at picking it and there for I don't put enough work into it. So I really need to find accessory work to target getting out of the squat, and being able to press more.

I haven't really until lately given it my all in finding out a true 1rm on squats esp. I think it was a fear thing. So I think the intensity day, making me push that boundary will help physically in mentally. I am thinking I maybe should play around with tempo more and pauses more. On my extra lifts, I normally do 10's but since I am not picking them well, I doubt it is helping much.

DId I kind of get the idea here?

- See below..

Skeleton Template

Day 1 (Volume Day)
    5-3-1 Back Squat
    5-3-1 Bench Press
    Accessories??

Snatch / Snatch Variation Like Hang Snatch or Block Snatch (Triples)
    Cleans Only / Clean Variation Like Hang Cleans or Block Cleans (Doubles)
    Accessories??

Day 3(Intensity Day)
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Accessories??

Day 4 (Max Out Day)
    Snatch
    Clean & Jerk
    Alternate Between Snatch Grip DL and Clean Grip DL every other week (Doubles)
    Accessories??

I am recommending you do 5-3-1 Back Squat and 5-3-1 Benchpress on Day 1, when you are the freshest. Remember, the movement that is worked first is worked best.. Also, 1 day a week of benchpress should be enough because you do enough pressing on the classic lifts and you will also add pushpress.

Day 2 is volume on snatch and CLEANS ONLY. Again, you need volume to create the base. You will not do jerk this day because you do enough pressing – bench press, push press, and C&J on max day.

Day 3 is intensity day on front squat and pushpress. You will create the tip of the pyramid on this day. The front squat will carryover to the classic lifts and the back squat. Push press will carry over to jerks, snatch, and benchpress. We will also add light technique on this day (50% of 1RM), in preparation for max day on day 4.

Day 4 is max day on snatch and C&J. I would also recommend you alternate snatch grip deadlift and clean grip deadlift after maxes. You will do doubles of DL. 110% of your snatch on snatch grip DL, and 110% of you clean on clean grip DL.

Let me know what you think.. We can modify based on your feedback. Don’t be afraid to challenge me and challenge the dogma. You know yourself better than anybody else.

If you are okay with the recommendation, we can talk more about accessory lifts and the rep scheme on intensity day.
    I really like that outline Joel. So intensity days will be working in singles to a 10PRE? Am I getting that right. What PRE are we looking at for the volume WL days?
    On the DL, not that I am complaining but you don't think I need to do any more heavier DL?
    Also, how often to you go through this process? Or you just got by whether you are reaching your goals or you goals change?
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry for the weird reply quote. Did you know there is a character limit on posts? Who knew?

Originally Posted by Stenn View Post
    Don't mind me. I'm just sitting in the corner here, grinning like an idiot. Everything Joel said sounds good to me, even the parts I didn't understand.

I'm still available for coaching on any of this stuff. In addition to the clean, I also know a thing or two about the squat and deadlift. Drop by if you need any real-time assistance. Just don't ask me for any help with your bench press. I'm useless at bench press except as a spotter.

Regarding drinking - I drink a bit too. A drink or two a day doesn't seem to mess me up. Any more than that makes me slow and stupid the next day which is not at all conducive to productive weightlifting sessions.

Regarding diet - Uh, well, I'm actually the last person who should be giving diet advice. However, I excel at sticking my own foot into my mouth so I must know at least a little about eating, eh? If you don't want to get too technical with your dieting, here are some general rules of thumb (and fork) that have helped me over the years.

1. Drink no soft drinks.
    2. Eat no fried foods.
    3. Eat protein with every meal.
    4. Whatever you're eating, eat the protein first. (ie. Steak first, then the potato; Fish first, then the chips; Chicken first, then the dumplings; Bacon & Eggs, then the grits & toast, etc.)
    5. Prefer complex carbs over simple carbs. (ie. Oatmeal, sweet potato, veggies, etc. are good. Bread, pasta, sugar, etc. are bad.)

Finally, since you're trying to get stronger, you should probably be trying to eat more rather than less. I imagine that will be counter-intuitive to someone who is a former fat girl. Just understand this: When you were fat, the food you ate was largely useless because your body didn't need it to fuel your activity level. All it did was make you fat. Now that you're active, you need that fuel to feed the beast on the platform. You need that food to recover between workouts. You need that food to grow the muscles and tendons you'll need to lift ever greater weights. If you eat good food, and lots of it, you will grow muscle and achieve great things. And, I'll tell you a little secret: The person with the most muscle, burns the most calories during any given activity even when that activity is laying around watching television.

Just something to think about...

BTW, got any good whole-chicken recipes? I still have those birds in my freezer and all this talk about food has made me hungry.
    I think I am having DL issues. I think I am not dropping my butt low enough. I might take you up on the in real life off sometime.
    I really do kinda stick by those rules about eating. It is just in the end I think I need to track for awhile and set a goal and just eat it. I mean really. What is food? Fuel. What am I trying to do? Fuel a working body and trying to build it. I think it could make a difference if I put a little more effort into that side of things.
    Whole chickens? Do you have even grill or smoker? I do beer canned chicken every Sun. Season whole chicken however you like. Put on beer can. Cook at about 350 for 1 1/2 hrs. It make them nice and moist!!

I have no clue? Or maybe to get you full so you eat less carbs? I always eat my veggies first!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sorry about the mama cow
    Tis a shame
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry about the mama cow
    Tis a shame
    yes. yes, it is.

i'm glad you had a word with her prior owner.... this was the same cow you took in a while back who was pregnant and very young? or another from the same guy? why are people so freaking thoughtless.

what in your bench do you see or feel that needs improvement? for me, i know that skullcrushers, DB benching, high rep BB benching a la BBB post-work sets, and row row rows have helped me. all of a sudden i noticed one day that i felt actual pectoralis muscle rather than bone under my breast tissue. and my lats from deadlifts and rows grew and gave me a better bench, too. still have a long way to go obviously. no expert here.

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Originally Posted by Sawa3 View Post
    I have never heard of such a thing. Most meals you want to be balanced with carbs, protein and fats. This helps to keep you feeling fuller longer.
    Carbs are generally faster digesting. They are used first as fuel for our bodies and are our main energy source.
    Maybe someone's science is saying to eat protein so you can get the aminos to build and repair muscle.
    This is cool. I come up with a hair-brained dieting scheme and already I've created controversy. I should write a diet book.

Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Or maybe to get you full so you eat less carbs?
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! I have made the following two personal observations about the typical American's diet:

1. They eat too many carbs.
    2. The protein they eat is just fine (Assuming they're following the "No fried food" rule I mentioned.)

With this in mind, one could easily improve their diet by chowing down on the protein on their plate to take the initial edge off their appetite and then nibbling on the carbs afterwards to fill up. Besides, as weightlifters, our bodies need all the protein we can get. It would be a damned shame to fill up on diner rolls and then leave even a sliver of steak on the plate for lack of cargo space.

Think about #2. What do most people have on their plate in the way of protein? They have steak, chicken, hamburger, pork chop, eggs, fish, tunafish, shrimp, lobster, scallops, ground beef, whatever. As long as a person isn't subsisting on fried chicken and Slim Jims, their protein is probably not that bad for them. The carbs, on the other hand, tend to be atrocious. We're talking mashed potatoes, toast, pasta, chips, buns, rolls, muffins, bread sticks, crackers, and any dessert imaginable to man. Why not give the protein first crack at filling you up and leave the carbs for later after you're mostly full?

And finally, I consider it respectable to whatever animal gave its life to become my meal to not waste any portion of its flesh if I can help it. Veggies deserve no such respect. Don't believe me? Just ask any vegetarian.

Anyway, that's my hair-brained theory and I'm sticking with it.

Hi Sawa! I must have missed this earlier!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think I am having DL issues. I think I am not dropping my butt low enough. I might take you up on the in real life off sometime.
    My daughter has the same problem with keeping her butt down and I suspect for the same reason as you: Her legs are long and her arms are short. Not everyone's body shape accommodates a good, old-fashioned, butt-down, conventional deadlift start. This is why some resort to sumo stance for their deads as it gets the legs out of the way. If you drop by, we can fiddle around with your start position to see if a butt-down start is even reasonable for you.

I really do kinda stick by those rules about eating. It is just in the end I think I need to track for awhile and set a goal and just eat it. I mean really. What is food? Fuel. What am I trying to do? Fuel a working body and trying to build it. I think it could make a difference if I put a little more effort into that side of things.
    When all else fails, calorie counting and macronutrient tracking is king. However, just be aware, you can track your diet to the nano-calorie and still not be eating enough to support strength gain. Pay attention to your body and make sure that you don't get lost in dietary over-analysis.

Whole chickens? Do you have even grill or smoker? I do beer canned chicken every Sun. Season whole chicken however you like. Put on beer can. Cook at about 350 for 1 1/2 hrs. It make them nice and moist!!
    I must confess that, as a male of the species, I'm hopelessly grill-impared. Don't even own one. I do, however, have an awesome oven, a big pot, and some tinfoil. Surely there's a solution in there somewhere. Maybe I'll just cook them like I do my holiday turkeys - stuffed and slathered with butter.

sorry about the mama cow
    Tis a shame
    Yes it is a shame. She deserved to be treated better in life. Here is her little guy. Cute as can be

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    yes. yes, it is.

i'm glad you had a word with her prior owner.... this was the same cow you took in a while back who was pregnant and very young? or another from the same guy? why are people so freaking thoughtless.

what in your bench do you see or feel that needs improvement? for me, i know that skullcrushers, DB benching, high rep BB benching a la BBB post-work sets, and row row rows have helped me. all of a sudden i noticed one day that i felt actual pectoralis muscle rather than bone under my breast tissue. and my lats from deadlifts and rows grew and gave me a better bench, too. still have a long way to go obviously. no expert here.
    Yes the one I bought last week. She was just all baby. Her little guy born was a big a my 3 week old boys now.
    I will tell you a story though. This morning at first I thought walking down to the barn that she was still alive. I saw some brown in the corral and the only 2 cows I had in there were the momma and her baby. Well I quickly realized the brown was too small to be the momma. My other orphan that Rhett has taken somehow slipped through the fence and was sleeping next to the new orphan. It broke my heart and warmed it at the same time.

My bench is just weak and not really progressing. I like those exercises you gave me. I will put them on the list for accessories. Am also looking into the theory behind Westside. Hoping to hammer out a new program by next week.

This is cool. I come up with a hair-brained dieting scheme and already I've created controversy. I should write a diet book.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! I have made the following two personal observations about the typical American's diet:

1. They eat too many carbs.
    2. The protein they eat is just fine (Assuming they're following the "No fried food" rule I mentioned.)

With this in mind, one could easily improve their diet by chowing down on the protein on their plate to take the initial edge off their appetite and then nibbling on the carbs afterwards to fill up. Besides, as weightlifters, our bodies need all the protein we can get. It would be a damned shame to fill up on diner rolls and then leave even a sliver of steak on the plate for lack of cargo space.

Think about #2. What do most people have on their plate in the way of protein? They have steak, chicken, hamburger, pork chop, eggs, fish, tunafish, shrimp, lobster, scallops, ground beef, whatever. As long as a person isn't subsisting on fried chicken and Slim Jims, their protein is probably not that bad for them. The carbs, on the other hand, tend to be atrocious. We're talking mashed potatoes, toast, pasta, chips, buns, rolls, muffins, bread sticks, crackers, and any dessert imaginable to man. Why not give the protein first crack at filling you up and leave the carbs for later after you're mostly full?

And finally, I consider it respectable to whatever animal gave its life to become my meal to not waste any portion of its flesh if I can help it. Veggies deserve no such respect. Don't believe me? Just ask any vegetarian.

Anyway, that's my hair-brained theory and I'm sticking with it.
    You should write a diet book. I can't believe I guess your method right! I love the bolded part! I hear you on the protein. I am always harping on my kids to eat their meat. Don't care about the rest. Oh and drink your milk!!!

Okay, so I have been tracking the last couple days. I went form 138 to 136.4 this am. Yesterday was just under 2000 cals and today just under 2200. So will see what the scale says tomorrow. I am having some issues working with the guy I want to do my nutrition. He wants me to follow his program and it doesn't even include snatch. So I think will see if he will still work with me, but just for the food side. If he says no, I can understand, but I would rather learn to tailor a lifting plan to me.
    Also on the training plan. I am looking into accessory lifts and also thinking of pauses.

Sorry I am behind in journals. the last couple of days has been unreal. I hope to catch up tomorrow. I am going to do technique Oly day. Since I have not other real plan yet. Finish the week the way it is written. Thinking complexes for both snatch and CNJ. Plus lots of DH clean for speed.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Skeleton Template

Day 1 (Volume Day)
    5-3-1 Back Squat
    5-3-1 Bench Press
    5 x 5 Back (Make Hammie Happy!)
    Core

Snatch / Snatch Variation Like Hang Snatch or Block Snatch (Triples) – 5 x 3 (Ideally should be around 85% of snatch PR)
    Cleans Only / Clean Variation Like Hang Cleans or Block Cleans (Doubles) – 5 x 2 (Ideally should be around 90% of clean PR)
    Accessories??

Day 3(Intensity Day)
    Front Squat, Singles work up to 10 RPE, then repeat 2 more times. Then drop to 90% and do 3 sets x 2 reps, then drop to 85% and do 1 set x 3 reps.
    Push Press, Same as Front Squat scheme
    Core

Day 4 (Max Out Day)
    Snatch
    Clean & Jerk
    Alternate Between Snatch Grip DL and Clean Grip DL every other week (Doubles) 5 x 2, at least 110% of clean PR and 110% of snatch PR
    Accessories?

You go through this thought process for a cycle of 1 month. But don’t treat this template as ‘written in stone’ kinda thing. It can be tweaked out a bit during the cycle, but ideally you want to stay with the key lifts.

Also, start tracking ‘PRs in Random Places’ especially on volume days on Day 2. What do I mean by this? Let’s say you did 5 sets of 3 reps of 30kg snatch.. Great. Next week see if you can go up 31kg.. Tracking the random PRs and pushing them the way you push your competition lifts PR will assure that the bottom of the pyramid will grow.

Also on volume day 2, alternate between the full and the block version for both lifts. For example, do full snatch followed by block clean this week. Next week do block snatch followed by full cleans.

If there are any drill and / or accessory lifts you feel like adding, by all means go for it.
    This above all..

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh so sorry about your cow Jani

Any reason you want that coach for nutrition in particular?? Kimm4 is awesome She allows you to have whatever you want as long as you hit your calories/marcos.

Hope you have a good day today! Good luck with your workout!!!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So cute to find the orphan babes next to each other.

The program looks intense but good. I hope you don't plan on dropping calories much if you plan to do this kind of training.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post

The program looks intense but good. I hope you don't plan on dropping calories much if you plan to do this kind of training.
    LOL... You read my mind, Tina!

With all the chicken and cows and pigs and a bunch of organic goodies in that farm, there is NO excuse for her not to eat..
    This above all..

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I worked with a female bodybuilder here locally. I only used her for the nutrition side of things. She came up with a lifting plan, but I respectfully declined it and told her I had a trainer I really liked for the lifts. She was cool with it and we just tackled the eating side of things. If he is not cool with it, dump him. srs.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Skeleton Template

Day 1 (Volume Day)
    5-3-1 Back Squat
    5-3-1 Bench Press
    Core

Snatch / Snatch Variation Like Hang Snatch or Block Snatch (Triples) – 5 x 3 (Ideally should be around 85% of snatch PR)
    Cleans Only / Clean Variation Like Hang Cleans or Block Cleans (Doubles) – 5 x 2 (Ideally should be around 90% of clean PR)
    Accessories??

Day 3(Intensity Day)
    Front Squat, Singles work up to 10 RPE, then repeat 2 more times. Then drop to 90% and do 3 sets x 2 reps, then drop to 85% and do 1 set x 3 reps.
    Push Press, Same as Front Squat scheme
    Core

Day 4 (Max Out Day)
    Snatch
    Clean & Jerk
    Alternate Between Snatch Grip DL and Clean Grip DL every other week (Doubles) 5 x 2, at least 110% of clean PR and 110% of snatch PR
    Accessories?

You go through this thought process for a cycle of 1 month. But don’t treat this template as ‘written in stone’ kinda thing. It can be tweaked out a bit during the cycle, but ideally you want to stay with the key lifts.

Also, start tracking ‘PRs in Random Places’ especially on volume days on Day 2. What do I mean by this? Let’s say you did 5 sets of 3 reps of 30kg snatch.. Great. Next week see if you can go up 31kg.. Tracking the random PRs and pushing them the way you push your competition lifts PR will assure that the bottom of the pyramid will grow.

Also on volume day 2, alternate between the full and the block version for both lifts. For example, do full snatch followed by block clean this week. Next week do block snatch followed by full cleans.

If there are any drill and / or accessory lifts you feel like adding, by all means go for it.
    Okay I really like that. I will print it out and come up with a list of accessories. back I am think t-bars, landmines, BO rows. Need to get some SLDL on single legs or even reg and some good mornings in there. Plank and work on roll outs for core.
    Can you explain this sentence to me.

When you say repeat 2 times do you mean start from the bottom and work a=back up or do 2 more sets at 10 PRE?
    I get you on the PR's. I think I need to learn basic excel and make a table with exercises, pr's, weight tracking etc.
    Thank you Joel. I am thinking I like Max Out Monday. it gives me the weekend to recover and I am fresh. What do you think of doing Maxout Monday as scheduled for next monday then start this tues and then Mon will be max out again?
    I am so darn excited!!!!!

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Oh so sorry about your cow Jani

Any reason you want that coach for nutrition in particular?? Kimm4 is awesome She allows you to have whatever you want as long as you hit your calories/marcos.

Hope you have a good day today! Good luck with your workout!!!

Yes, it is a bum deal. I picked him because he is doing wonders for shedding fat off Woody-5 and Woody is getting stronger. But I think my goals are different. I promise to come say hi later! I miss you!!

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post

I know. 2100 is pretty low I am thinking. I don't really care what the scale says as long as I get stronger. I think I could bulk up 10# and be happy if my closes still fit.

LOL... You read my mind, Tina!

With all the chicken and cows and pigs and a bunch of organic goodies in that farm, there is NO excuse for her not to eat..
    No joke. I went and picked up the steer we had butchered. I now have a freezer full of beef!! hamburgers of peace baby!! I made bread dough this am for buns and got the bacon out!!

I worked with a female bodybuilder here locally. I only used her for the nutrition side of things. She came up with a lifting plan, but I respectfully declined it and told her I had a trainer I really liked for the lifts. She was cool with it and we just tackled the eating side of things. If he is not cool with it, dump him. srs.
    I agree. I sent him an email saying basically the program was not going to work, but will he still do the diet. if not no harm no foul! I am pretty easy going!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Good question..

Let’s say it’s Front Squat Intensity Day for me.. I’m gonna use real-life data.

Warm up
    Bar warm up
    2 – 3 reps @ 135lbs
    2 reps @185
    1 rep 225
    1 rep 245
    1 rep 275 (prolly RPE 7 by now)
    1 rep 295
    1 rep 305 (prolly RPE 9) I'm thinking "Okay. I'm almost 10 RPE."

1 rep 315 (RPE 10) – this is the first rep!
    1 rep 315 (RPE 10) – this is the second rep. I feel I’m not gonna make another 315, so
    1 rep 305 – this is third rep.. Then,

3 sets of 2 reps @ 285-lbs (90% of 1RM)

1 set of 3 res @ 270-lbs (85% of 1RM)

The way you reach your 1RM will obviously be different than mine.. But don’t be afraid to attack the weight as soon as you feel thoroughly warmed up and grooved in.
    This above all..

jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am not sure I totally get joker sets. I do sometimes try to get a 1rm PR after the AMRAP final set. And I am really trying to do the last set first always.

Clean session- I GOT 50 KG!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on the PR!!!!

A joker set is kinda like what you're doing. After your top set, if you're feeling good, add 5-10% to the bar and do another set, but just go for the minimum reps for whatever week you're on. So if you're on the 3x3 week, and you just hit 6 reps on the 3+ top set, add another 5-10% and hit another set of 3. Even if you have more, stop at the minimum, but if you're feeling even stronger, add another 5% to the bar and do another set. Personally, I love the concept, but it's real tough for me since my calories are so restricted these days, it's rare that I finish my top set and think yeah I definitely have more haha. Another variation you could do, which actually is closer to what you're doing, I think is from 5/3/1 for PL, after your top set, do some singles at your training max.

I'm still trying to catch up reading everything on this last page, but I'm excited to see where your programming goes. That concept of the Super Total sounds awesome!!!

Sorry about the cow Those babies are cute though.
    Powerlifting Log - http://tinyurl.com/jshaw5

PR's - Gym / Meet
    Squat - 510 lbs / 200 kg (441 lbs)
    Bench - 315 lbs / 125 kg (275 lbs)
    Deadlift - 515 lbs / 217.5 kg (480 lbs)
    Press - 185 lbs

"Yes, if you squat wrong it fukcs things up. If you squat correctly, those same fukced-up things will unfukc themselves.� - Rip

()---() York Barbell Club #75 (Kg) ()---()

My daughter has the same problem with keeping her butt down and I suspect for the same reason as you: Her legs are long and her arms are short. Not everyone's body shape accommodates a good, old-fashioned, butt-down, conventional deadlift start. This is why some resort to sumo stance for their deads as it gets the legs out of the way. If you drop by, we can fiddle around with your start position to see if a butt-down start is even reasonable for you.

When all else fails, calorie counting and macronutrient tracking is king. However, just be aware, you can track your diet to the nano-calorie and still not be eating enough to support strength gain. Pay attention to your body and make sure that you don't get lost in dietary over-analysis.

I must confess that, as a male of the species, I'm hopelessly grill-impared. Don't even own one. I do, however, have an awesome oven, a big pot, and some tinfoil. Surely there's a solution in there somewhere. Maybe I'll just cook them like I do my holiday turkeys - stuffed and slathered with butter.
    I think tracking is in order for awhile. it drives hubs nuts, but I can't make progress if I have no idea what is going on!
    I am sure you can beer can a chicken in the oven. Put it on a sheet pan, beer about 2/3 full. Cram chicken butt on there. Roast about 1 1/2 hrs and check!! That is crazy you do not own a grill!! And you can totally cook it like you would a turkey. What ever makes you happy!!

Steve I totally missed this!! Sorry!

Good question..

Let’s say it’s Front Squat Intensity Day for me.. I’m gonna use real-life data.

Warm up
    Bar warm up
    2 – 3 reps @ 135lbs
    2 reps @185
    1 rep 225
    1 rep 245
    1 rep 275 (prolly RPE 7 by now)
    1 rep 295
    1 rep 305 (prolly RPE 9) I'm thinking "Okay. I'm almost 10 RPE."

1 rep 315 (RPE 10) – this is the first rep!
    1 rep 315 (RPE 10) – this is the second rep. I feel I’m not gonna make another 315, so
    1 rep 305 – this is third rep.. Then,

3 sets of 2 reps @ 285-lbs (90% of 1RM)

1 set of 3 res @ 270-lbs (85% of 1RM)

The way you reach your 1RM will obviously be different than mine.. But don’t be afraid to attack the weight as soon as you feel thoroughly warmed up and grooved in.
    That was what I thought. Just making sure I understood correctly!!

Originally Posted by jshaw5 View Post
    Congrats on the PR!!!!

A joker set is kinda like what you're doing. After your top set, if you're feeling good, add 5-10% to the bar and do another set, but just go for the minimum reps for whatever week you're on. So if you're on the 3x3 week, and you just hit 6 reps on the 3+ top set, add another 5-10% and hit another set of 3. Even if you have more, stop at the minimum, but if you're feeling even stronger, add another 5% to the bar and do another set. Personally, I love the concept, but it's real tough for me since my calories are so restricted these days, it's rare that I finish my top set and think yeah I definitely have more haha. Another variation you could do, which actually is closer to what you're doing, I think is from 5/3/1 for PL, after your top set, do some singles at your training max.

I'm still trying to catch up reading everything on this last page, but I'm excited to see where your programming goes. That concept of the Super Total sounds awesome!!!

Sorry about the cow Those babies are cute though.
    Thanks on the PR. Felt good!!
    Okay, I was just doing 1 rep at a higher weight and then seeing if I got it and moving up from there. Thank you for explaining it. I am hoping to incorporate more of those, last set first and BBB in the coming training. I also love the super total concept. Would that not be an incredible fun meet!!!
    Cows are a heart ache sometimes. But that is life.

Okay, today was Oly technique.

Snatch Complex- Snatch grip DL, Snatch, hang Snatch, OHS w/ Pause
    5x25

Snatch doubles
    2x27

Clean Complex DL, Clean, FS w/ Pause, Push Press, Jerk w/ pause

Block clean triples
    2x35
    2x37

FS- I was supposed to do BS. Am tarded. WIll do them tomorrow with bench
    3x85
    3x95
    4x110
    8x85
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Excellent fronts on a back squat day
    110x4 after the oly work! Good stuff!

Love the pic of the two calves together!

JJ,

Another thing. When you start the program can you also post vids of back squat, front squat, benchpress and pushpress from time to time?

You already figured out that the reason why your classic lifts went up was because you sharpened your technique in these lifts. The accessory exercises may not be as technical as the snatch, but there is still some technique involved.

For example, you have lots of experienced powerlifters journal friends here who would be more than happy to give technical feedback on the bench, so I would take advantage of their generosity and use technology to help you.

I guess what I’m saying is don’t neglect form and technique on any of the compound lifts. Never develop the meathead mentality of ‘just muscle this $hit up.’
    This above all..

Excellent fronts on a back squat day
    110x4 after the oly work! Good stuff!

Love the pic of the two calves together!
    I swear, I just set up a spread sheet so hopefully I can get my chit straight and lift the right stuff on the right days!!! LOL!
    Thanks, those 2 are going to be buds I think.

JJ,

Another thing. When you start the program can you also post vids of back squat, front squat, benchpress and pushpress from time to time?

You already figured out that the reason why your classic lifts went up was because you sharpened your technique in these lifts. The accessory exercises may not be as technical as the snatch, but there is still some technique involved.

For example, you have lots of experienced powerlifters journal friends here who would be more than happy to give technical feedback on the bench, so I would take advantage of their generosity and use technology to help you.

I guess what I’m saying is don’t neglect form and technique on any of the compound lifts. Never develop the meathead mentality of ‘just muscle this $hit up.’
    This is true. I do have issues esp on my DL. On the push press, how far do you dip? I can start taking random vids and see what is going on! Thanks Joel!!

Okay, I am tarded and did the wrong week of 5/3/1 again. SMH. Anyway. I made a spread sheet for the new training. Will start Tues. I still want to do Max Out on Monday. Am weight this am was 135.6. So down 3# in 3 days. Not to bad. Must drink my protein shake this evening. Was not home this afternoon to drink it!!

Bench- not good today. Maybe the cal cut
    5x45
    5x65
    3x75
    3x85
    95xAMRAP got 3
    85xAMRAP got 7
    75xAMRAP got 10
    65xAMRAP got 12
    55xAMRAP got 15

BS
    5x45
    5x65
    3x85
    3x90
    3x100
    115xAMRAP got 8
    95xAMRAP got 12

Meadow rows
    10x+25
    10x+35
    8x+45

And that was it. And to prove I do do some cardio, here is me carrying the baby!! Please excuse the uber cheesy smile!!

Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

I love that pic, JJ! Very sweet..

Can you lift her overhead? You can probably grab her by the pecs and the groin area, then just split jerk her overhead.. lol..

Always think 'carryover.' So on the pushpress, the depth should be as if you are dipping..

BTW, you got a food coach yet?
    This above all..

I love that pic, JJ! Very sweet..

Can you lift her overhead? You can probably grab her by the pecs and the groin area, then just split jerk her overhead.. lol..

Always think 'carryover.' So on the pushpress, the depth should be as if you are dipping..

BTW, you got a food coach yet?
    I think jerking that calf would kill me!! He is huge! But that would make an epic picture!!
    Got you on the push press. That is how I do it on the complex. Almost like a power jerk not a push press. Know what I mean?
    Yes, I think I made him slightly mad about wanting to use your training template. But he gave me some accessory ideas after I said I would be one TERRIBLY sad girl if I could not snatch and CNJ at LEAST once a week. So I have a training outline set up. Since I messed up 5/3/1 so bad this week I will just start week1 again next week. I am losing on 2300 cals atm. So am tracking and he is going to up them next week. I am excited!! Hopefully it will all come together and I can clean those blue plates in short order!!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Killer amraps on the back squats!

10/10 pic with the calf- I love it!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Good to know you have someone helping you with nutrition.

I follow this 'Hire me, then fire me' philosophy in the real world. I don't like to cultivate the feeling that my athletes 'must rely on me or they will fail' type of feeling. That type of BS is the biggest scam in the fitness industry. I want my athletes to grow, both physically and especially mentally. I want them to become confident and independent thinkers.. This is the reason why I stop prescribing numbers of sets, reps, exercises, etc.etc.. as they bust through the beginning stage and into intermediate.. And this is the reason why I start asking for their input as they go up the next level.. Whatever knowledge I have, I give to my lifters.

I also always encourage them to learn on their own and learn from others, which is why I did not hesitate asking Steve to step in to help us both - for which I'm extremely grateful.

These are the same philosophies past coaches have taught me..

Those blue plates will go up in the overhead position in 2014.
    This above all..

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is horrible.
    Regardless of how you eat a meal if it has more than just protein with a carb or fat the overall GI Is lowered a TON. Pretty false here.

^^^ true but when eaten in a combined meal the overall GI is very low and much lower than what the GI Scale shows.

I think jerking that calf would kill me!! He is huge! But that would make an epic picture!!
    Got you on the push press. That is how I do it on the complex. Almost like a power jerk not a push press. Know what I mean?
    Yes, I think I made him slightly mad about wanting to use your training template. But he gave me some accessory ideas after I said I would be one TERRIBLY sad girl if I could not snatch and CNJ at LEAST once a week. So I have a training outline set up. Since I messed up 5/3/1 so bad this week I will just start week1 again next week. I am losing on 2300 cals atm. So am tracking and he is going to up them next week. I am excited!! Hopefully it will all come together and I can clean those blue plates in short order!!!

Where was my invitation to the party

Not making me mad at all, if you are set on a template and want to run it and refuse to change then run it, if it makes you happy. Happiness will prolong progress, if a lifter goes into the gym and ENJOYS what they do they will have more success than an individual who dreds working out of half asses their work. Think aobut the real world and people who hate their job but do it for a paycheck, then there are those who are successful because they love their job and take extra pride in what they do. Same applies to lifting.

The reason i want to see you incorporate some other forms of lifting and tempo's/lifts is beause it will aid/carry over into your compounds.

Speed work will aid Type II Muscle fibers and also aid sticking points (locking out on bench, squatting out of the hole) etc. Speed helps a ton, if you can rip the bar off the ground faster and lock your hips you will be a successful deadlifter.

I also wanted to vary your sets/reps on your 5/3/1 sets and how you do your Day 3 and day 4 of your skeelton work as we talked about with RPE and differences in schemes to help aid your PL goals.

Again if you are set on the routine above thats fine, ill chime in my 2 cents on accessory work to aid and bring up your lifts. but for now ill sit back and let you do the training because you seem so set on it, ill handle the nutrition because i dont want to make you mad or step into what you have being setup by another individual in here that is unfair to them.
    Last edited by The Solution; 11-15-2013 at 06:31 PM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^Norwich is a professor of oly lifting.

Nice squats, I know bp is down but way to stick it out for those AMRAP sets at the end. LMAO at calf pic! That calf is all "I am not amused" while JJ appears to be VERY amused. I love your pants dood!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531