ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Biceps questions. Reps

OK I know the key to a big looking arm is triceps but that's not what i'm here about.

I do arms bi's 2 times a week Back and Bi's monday and I do a bi's and tri's on friday.

After I work back I try and do 2 bi's to finish me off.

usually I do preacher machine curls.
    (using this machine, opinions?)

I do 3-4 sets full extensions 8-10 reps 55lb's/65lb's/70lb's If I go for a 4th I do around 45-55 for a burnout.

Then I try and hit concentration curls
    3 sets of 20-25 lb's 10 reps with full extensions.. I know some will call me weak but I really want good form and I feel like I feel the best burn when I do lighter weight and do it right.

Then onto fridays I do bi's and tri's.

On this day I try and do 3 bi's

Curl machine again, Hammer Curls, and Incline curls. and yet again I stress full extensions and good form.

I don't always do the same exercises but this is what ive been doing for the past few weeks.

here are the questions because my arms are getting bigger forsure I started 11 months ago with 12 inch arms and now im 14" but I have absolutely no bicep peak, my arms are just getting bigger and tighter.

Should I be using the bicep preacher curl machine? or just goto the preacher curl bench with a bar and weights or dumbells.

I hear the bicep is a small muscle so doing so many exercises is just burning it out. Am I just doing too few exercises? should I bump it up and do more?

Am I wasting to much time trying to do perfect form or should I bump the weight up and throw a couple cheat reps in there?

Reps currently on recharge but will rep tomorrow for serious post.

Thank you for reading guys.

mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeybrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're not really wasting your time, you're hitting them well. Good on you for practicing good form and hitting the bicep from different angles.

Biceps get hit pretty hard during your back movements so you don't have to do too much for them. Ya don't have to over do it.

Cheat reps are good, I would suggest upping the weight a bit. Form doesn't have to be perfect. Ex: Go heavy your 1st few sets with a barbell and at then end burn out with perfect form.

A couple sets with a barbell going heavy and a couple sets with dumbells is enough. Hammers curls are great one of my favorites.

It doesn't really matter what you use as long as you hit the bicep hard. I suggest sticking to free weights, preferably dumbells.

Rep ranges when going heavy with decent form, anywhere from 6-8 is fine. When really isolating the bicep 8-12 is fine. It really doesn't matter. Just hit em hard and eat!

ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShagsJX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks, yeah Ill try to bump it up some and see if the burn is better or see any results!

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you're doing a fine amount of exercise for them. However, I don't think you need a whole day for just biceps and triceps. For instance, rows work your biceps as well as your back, and benching works your triceps as well as your chest. What I do on chest day is I throw in an extra exercise for my triceps, and on back day, I throw in an extra exercise for my biceps and it works nicely.
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

Originally Posted by TheBeastTyler View Post
    I think you're doing a fine amount of exercise for them. However, I don't think you need a whole day for just biceps and triceps. For instance, rows work your biceps as well as your back, and benching works your triceps as well as your chest. What I do on chest day is I throw in an extra exercise for my triceps, and on back day, I throw in an extra exercise for my biceps and it works nicely.
    I do back and bi's Monday and Chest and tri's Tuesdays, so Fridays I do an extra arms day since its 3 day gap inbetween both of those days.

Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dawald07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your routine seems solid. I've been trying to hit my bis more lately too. But I just added in a arm day to what was my shoulder n trap day. This is right after my back and bis day and I've been seeing a lot of Gains. Try working them the day after back and bis. At least that's what worked for me.

5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 5TR0NGMAN is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I have been doing bis and tris twice a week for about a month now compared to when i just did them once a week, I do 9 sets 3 exercises for my bis and 12 sets 3 exercises for tris, since I started doing this I have seen fantastic gains, also used to go to 12 reps, but changed that to 10 reps with good form and I definitely prefer that.

Preacher machine is good, when Ive used it - it felt like my dominant arm wasn't taking over as much compared to when I use a barbell or EZ curl, but I only use dumbbells for all my bi exercises now because my left arm was lagging at one point, now its on par with my right.

NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturaLPumP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think your overtraining them. You don't need to do them after back and chest. Deads and presses will help increase the size of your arms on their own.
    2006 OCB Core Nutrition Richmond VA. Open Tall Class - 4th
    2006 OCB Iron City Classic Open Heavy Weight - 1st
    2007 OCB Core Nutrition Richmond VA. open Tall Class - 6th
    2007 OCB Iron City Classic Open Heavy Weight - 4th

TEAM DC

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ShagsJX View Post

I don't always do the same exercises but this is what ive been doing for the past few weeks.
    doing different exercise every week will not allow you to monitor your progress, I strongly recommend against this.
    Stick to some exercises, keep progressing, monitor your results keep what is working and switch what isn't working.

here are the questions because my arms are getting bigger forsure I started 11 months ago with 12 inch arms and now im 14" but I have absolutely no bicep peak, my arms are just getting bigger and tighter.

Should I be using the bicep preacher curl machine? or just goto the preacher curl bench with a bar and weights or dumbells.
    Both are good exercises, go with whichever feels more comfortable and easier to progress.

I hear the bicep is a small muscle so doing so many exercises is just burning it out. Am I just doing too few exercises? should I bump it up and do more?
    I'm not a big fan of training arms twice a week, while training the rest of body parts less. But anyway your exercises looks fine. You said it's working and your arms are getting better so keep it same way. If something changed you can either reduce or increase your volume depending on the case.

Am I wasting to much time trying to do perfect form or should I bump the weight up and throw a couple cheat reps in there?
    No you aren't. When it comes to biceps your form is suppose to be good in order to achieve the best results. You still need to progress by increasing reps/weights gradually, while maintaining the same good form.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think the focus for biceps is not on # of reps or # of exercises but instead on properly and thoroughly exhausting them during a workout -- if it only takes 8 sets to kill your biceps then stop there. you will know when you hit biceps hard because you'll have a big pump and your strength will go way down

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do back and bi's Monday and Chest and tri's Tuesdays, so Fridays I do an extra arms day since its 3 day gap inbetween both of those days.
    I'm just not really that big on training your arms twice a week if you're not training all your other muscles twice a week. I mean I train my arms twice a week too, but I also train all my other muscles twice a week.
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

cookies48151623 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For biceps i do high reps (10 sets) and then a few strength/power sets towards the end.

yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yanboulay is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don' think you waste your time but like you said after a while it's time to spice it up so vary with superset, negatives or increase intensity. as for exercises, I like the seated preacher curl with cable it really hits my bicep hard at the end of the concentric phase. I work my bi's once a week but i go intense all the time with no more than one min. rest for 15 sets of 10 reps on 5 different exercises and angle.

good luck
    BOHICA my friends

sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbritt23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im with CT Fletcher on this one. I do Bi's eveyday.