Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best protein bar for protein and calories?

My 14-year-old son has just started working out, and he needs to gain some serious weight/muscle. I know that protein bars aren't exactly cheap, but I'd like to find one that doesn't break the bank and that also has a lot of protein. It doesn't need to skimp on calories, since my son is underweight.

Thanks!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Vince Gironda hormone precursor shake. Search my old posts. Cut the portions in half. It should cost about $1.75 and have about half the amount of protein he needs in a day.
    Funishe renal hoses in offeyvil Kanas for traveing wokes

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I was bulking on a budget, I eat an holy amount of peanut butter. You're better getting him a jar of that plus a good solid protein powder. Calories + protein. Protein bars are quite expensive everywhere imo.
    Currently cutting.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy a 10 lb bag of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% WHEY PROTEIN - Extreme Milk Chocolate

Buy peanut butter

Buy bananas

Tell him to drink peanut butter banana and protein shakes every day

Other than that, buy plenty of red meat, broccoli, and potatoes

Here is a gym program that will get him big and strong
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Youngearth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    When I was bulking on a budget, I eat an holy amount of peanut butter. You're better getting him a jar of that plus a good solid protein powder. Calories + protein. Protein bars are quite expensive everywhere imo.
    Thanks. Yeah, right after I wrote this, I realized that a good protein powder would cost way less. I don't think he likes peanut butter (he's a picky teen), but I'll try and encourage him.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Buy a 10 lb bag of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% WHEY PROTEIN - Extreme Milk Chocolate

Buy peanut butter

Buy bananas

Tell him to drink peanut butter banana and protein shakes every day

Other than that, buy plenty of red meat, broccoli, and potatoes

I'll check out the link. I actually think that my brother gave me some whey protein some months ago that I just stuck in my closet. I'll pull that out and look at it. Barring peanut butter in the shake, could anything be substituted?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Youngearth View Post
    Barring peanut butter in the shake, could anything be substituted?
    Raw eggs, Greek yogurt.
    Funishe renal hoses in offeyvil Kanas for traveing wokes

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Beef jerky. or any jerky. Since he needs to gain weight I'd go for whole milk though or fatty cuts of meat or eggs.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He "needs" to gain some serious weight? Or wants to?

Protein bars tend to be overpriced and a bit ridiculous in terms of their relatively poor nutrient profile.

When coaching young athletes, if they are underweight... I always recommend the basic plan.... Eat everything you normally do in a day (I am assuming three meals a day that aren't typical American junk) and add this meal for a total of 4 balanced meals.

One Peanut Butter and Jelly or Honey Sandwich on Wholewheat Bread
    250-500 ML Whole Milk
    1 Piece Fruit

This will provide a ton of calories and not break the bank. People tend to think kids need to eat way more than they actually need to.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll check out the link. I actually think that my brother gave me some whey protein some months ago that I just stuck in my closet. I'll pull that out and look at it. Barring peanut butter in the shake, could anything be substituted?
    Almond Butter

or have him drink one gallon of whole milk a day (GOMAD) in addition to his regular meals. That'll put some weight on him.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chocolate milk
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I rarely eat protein bars. Because they're yucky for the most part, and sometimes it's like eating a block of leather, and they're also expensive.

I'd prefer to make my own. But what is wrong with just eating wholesome meals made from home groceries? I.e sandwiches, meats and pasta, meats and rice, meats and veggies etc. It'll be far more cost effective and more nutritious.

Even for a PWO, my option is a shake and yes, I have peanut butter in that shake.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know that protein bars aren't exactly cheap, but I'd like to find one that doesn't break the bank and that also has a lot of protein.
    I make my own:
    - 1.5 kg of oats {you can also add wheat grain, wheat germs, other stuff}
    - 3 cups of pea protein {you can replace it with whey}
    - optional: honey/sugar/sweetener
    - optional: cocoa, cinnamon
    - optional: raisins, bananas, figs
    - water {you can replace it with milk, I guess}

Mix them.
    The consistency should be thick.
    Put them in a baking tray.
    I use a non-stick paper, and I spray some olive oil.
    Bake them for a while, until solid.

I get 16 big bars. Actually, they have a square shape.
    And they are pretty cheap and high-caloric and also have enough protein.
    Oat bran has usually more calories than other types of oats.
    Also wheat germs have more protein, from what I remember.

You can combine them with Paul's Vince Gironda hormone precursor shake made with raw eggs. If you get salmonella, it's not from my bars, by the way.
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.