mike_83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein + creatine

can it be mix together and drink?
    or is it better to take them separately?

888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 888888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its fine

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mike_83
    can it be mix together and drink?
    or is it better to take them separately?
    Its fine, might not taste to good.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockhardabbs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah the taste wouldn't be that great but you could do it.

bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbowen32006 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So, with Creatine powder - should I take it before my workout or after?
    Here is our advice - take the powder about 1 hour before your workout. Here is our reasoning...

It can take about 1 hour for the creatine to be absorbed into the bloodstream - and from that point you have about 1.5 hours to use the creatine or lose it. So, let's say you workout at 10am - here is our logic. At 9am you take the creatine powder. By 10am the creatine is in the blood stream. Your muscles are probably mostly saturated with creatine from the supplement you took the day before. So, some of the creatine you took at 9am may be absorbed into the muscles - but the rest is still in the blood. At 10am you start working out and depleting the creatine in your muscles. Your muscles then replenish their creatine supply from the creatine in the blood stream. Your workout ends at 11am (you really should not workout more than 1 hour - but that is a topic for a different day). Remember, you took creatine at 9am - but it was not absorbed into the blood stream until 10am. This means it will stay there until 11:30am (1.5 hours). So, now you have another 1/2 hour where your muscles can replenish their creatine supply if depleted. In a way you are getting the best of all worlds - you have creatine available before, during and after your workout.

What about this!
    What if I have been taking creatine after my workout?
    Don't worry you have still been getting most the benefits of creatine. What is probably happening is the creatine you take after your workout on Monday is what your body will use during your workout on Tuesday. I know - we said creatine only lasts 1.5 hours in the blood stream. However, creatine can last for days once it is trapped within your muscles. So, the creatine you take after your Monday workout is pulled into the depleted muscles where it will stay for days until you use it up. The only problem is that if you deplete your creatine stores during a workout you will not have any other creatine available. This is why we think taking it before a workout is better.

mike_83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bbowen32006
    So, with Creatine powder - should I take it before my workout or after?
    Here is our advice - take the powder about 1 hour before your workout. Here is our reasoning...

It can take about 1 hour for the creatine to be absorbed into the bloodstream - and from that point you have about 1.5 hours to use the creatine or lose it. So, let's say you workout at 10am - here is our logic. At 9am you take the creatine powder. By 10am the creatine is in the blood stream. Your muscles are probably mostly saturated with creatine from the supplement you took the day before. So, some of the creatine you took at 9am may be absorbed into the muscles - but the rest is still in the blood. At 10am you start working out and depleting the creatine in your muscles. Your muscles then replenish their creatine supply from the creatine in the blood stream. Your workout ends at 11am (you really should not workout more than 1 hour - but that is a topic for a different day). Remember, you took creatine at 9am - but it was not absorbed into the blood stream until 10am. This means it will stay there until 11:30am (1.5 hours). So, now you have another 1/2 hour where your muscles can replenish their creatine supply if depleted. In a way you are getting the best of all worlds - you have creatine available before, during and after your workout.

What about this!
    What if I have been taking creatine after my workout?
    Don't worry you have still been getting most the benefits of creatine. What is probably happening is the creatine you take after your workout on Monday is what your body will use during your workout on Tuesday. I know - we said creatine only lasts 1.5 hours in the blood stream. However, creatine can last for days once it is trapped within your muscles. So, the creatine you take after your Monday workout is pulled into the depleted muscles where it will stay for days until you use it up. The only problem is that if you deplete your creatine stores during a workout you will not have any other creatine available. This is why we think taking it before a workout is better.
    bro, u really enlighten me!
    thanks a lot. u're sure a great help.