BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

First carb-up, look good?

I've got my first carb-up before my Physical Fitness Test on Wednesday. Here's what my meals are going to look like, any input or help is welcome.

Breakfast
    Bowl of oatmeal with raisins
    Cinnamon bagel
    Glass of milk

Lunch
    Sweet potato w/honey
    Glass of milk
    4oz tilapia

Snack
    Box of peanut butter girl scout cookies
    Glass of milk

Dinner
    Pizza
    Pint of ice cream

Snack
    Banana
    Protein shake

I know, I know, some dirty foods, but I haven't had anything "dirty" since Thanksgiving really, I need to reward/indulge myself.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't forget the basics..

where are your fats!!!!?
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Another question,

I ate low carb (not quite in ketosis) for 2 weeks then did a clean carb-load, since then in the last 1.5 weeks I've been drifting in and out of ketosis, never showing greater than trace on the sticks. Should I wait longer to carb up again? Or can I go ahead and do it. My carbs for the last 1.5 weeks haven't gone above 50g/day before taking out fiber. I eat a LOT of cruciferous veggies.

girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think carb loads should be lowfat. That's just what I've been told... maybe I've heard wrong. ???
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
    Matthew 22:36-40

brian5060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brian5060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brian5060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brian5060 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like that carb up, i just came off mine and had to indulge myself (ie: pizza,eclairs, a donut, etc)

this is what i followed for my carb-up:
    http://low-carb.org/faq/#Q2_35

i hope i was supposed to go 2x my maintenance and didnt overdue it :P

Originally Posted by brian5060 View Post
    i like that carb up, i just came off mine and had to indulge myself (ie: pizza,eclairs, a donut, etc)

this is what i followed for my carb-up:
    http://low-carb.org/faq/#Q2_35

i hope i was supposed to go 2x my maintenance and didnt overdue it :P
    I'm going for 500 over maintenance on mine, so about 2700-2800 calories since it's only 1 day. I'm doing the depletion workout Tuesday night, taking in just protein and a little fat in my last 2 meals that night, then carbing up starting Wednesday morning.

treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10) treerollins is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never thought I was lactose intolerant, but most of use are in varying degrees. After I had eliminated milk from my diet for some time, when I had a large bowl of cereal or pounded a glass of milk I noticed lactose intolerant-like symptoms (runny stool, bloated, etc). If you've had problems with lactose previosly, you might consider an off brand lactase enzyme supplement to use during re-feeds.

Originally Posted by treerollins View Post
    I never thought I was lactose intolerant, but most of use are in varying degrees. After I had eliminated milk from my diet for some time, when I had a large bowl of cereal or pounded a glass of milk I noticed lactose intolerant-like symptoms (runny stool, bloated, etc). If you've had problems with lactose previosly, you might consider an off brand lactase enzyme supplement to use during re-feeds.
    I never had problems with milk (thank god). I love the stuff, I've sorta missed it while low-carbing it, but the benefits outweigh the costs

MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

ONE cheat meal instead of carb-up

not to hijack a thread but what do you guys think of having a cheat meal every 1 or 2 weeks?like instead of carbing-up lets say every sunday night the LAST meal would be a cheat meal.only the last meal to avoid you from cheating the rest of the day.eat all you can of WHATEVER until you are satisfied.is this okay?got this from The Dave Palumbo Diet.

Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
    not to hijack a thread but what do you guys think of having a cheat meal every 1 or 2 weeks?like instead of carbing-up lets say every sunday night the LAST meal would be a cheat meal.only the last meal to avoid you from cheating the rest of the day.eat all you can of WHATEVER until you are satisfied.is this okay?got this from The Dave Palumbo Diet.
    Depends on how you want to work it, same difference basically. I would prefer to consume the carbs over a longer time period to avoid feeling like a blimp, but if you want 1 meal as opposed to a day, that's fine. I guess it depends on how many carbs you plan on eating. Also, you don't have to carb up. You can eat low carb by default and just take a 'cheat' whenever you need to, like a party or if you go out for dinner and decide you want pasta or something.

MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MassAppeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    Depends on how you want to work it, same difference basically. I would prefer to consume the carbs over a longer time period to avoid feeling like a blimp, but if you want 1 meal as opposed to a day, that's fine. I guess it depends on how many carbs you plan on eating. Also, you don't have to carb up. You can eat low carb by default and just take a 'cheat' whenever you need to, like a party or if you go out for dinner and decide you want pasta or something.
    you think pizza would be okay as my cheat meal? i miss papa johns man.haven't ate pizza for like 1 1/2 yrs.

Alright, here is the official menu for tomorrow . I have PT in the morning, which will be wind sprints and calisthenics, maybe a formation run. I'm going to do it fasted with Xtend and Animal Cuts in my belly, this will be in place of the depletion workout.

Breakfast:
    3 pancakes w/ sugar free syrup
    Bowl of oatmeal
    3 slices of Canadian bacon

Snack
    Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch
    Lean Cuisine deep dish pizza
    Large sweet potato

Snack
    Bowl of fat free Brownie Fantasy ice cream..... yeah buddy!
    Glass of milk

Dinner
    Tuna salad made with salsa
    Large sweet potato
    Glass of milk

Snack
    Bowl of oatmeal w/ blueberries
    1/2 scoop whey protein mixed in

Mostly clean except for the ice cream, only 32g of fat for the day, 500ish grams of carbs, 128g of protein.

Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
    you think pizza would be okay as my cheat meal? i miss papa johns man.haven't ate pizza for like 1 1/2 yrs.
    The only thing I'd worry about would be the fat, which is why I bought a lean cuisine pizza. Still getting the pizza but stays under the fat target better so I can squeeze in more carbs.