Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Day 17

0900 - 5.5km Run:
    First km 4.15 minutes, second faster at 4.07 minutes. The second is ALWAYS faster than the first (except for yesterday); maybe it takes me a km to 'warm-up'? Anyways, I rolled my right ankle after 7.18 minutes, but that's ok; I managed to keep the pace up until the last km or so, where I dropped back to 4.26 min/km. A new fastest time for this year. It just keeps getting better!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, ~5 hours of sleep. When I woke up, though, I felt like I did when I know I need to KEEP sleeping. So I did. Woke again at 0420 and 0515 (alarms set for training and supplements; if they hadn't been still on, maybe I would have slept right through?) and 0743. That makes ~9.5 hours sleep in total. That's a lot. Maybe my body needed it? When I eventually got up (which puts my schedule a little out, but I've adjusted it accordingly) I DID consider having today OFF, but no...

Mental Alertness: Something has been bugging me since yesterday. And after I read that passage (see previous post) I knew what it was. So, wasn't as alert as I thought I was last week, LOL. Better get your game head on, girl. You can't make mistakes like that during study! So, I am alert now (I think...)

Energy: I didn't have any this morning. But I do now. It has been surprisingly good the last couple of days...

Motivation: After having my skinfolds done this morning, I was a little disappointed (although, really, what did you expect after eating the way you have for the last 2 weeks? Bulking does not mean 'go crazy'!), but it's made me REfocus (yes, AGAIN!) on what's really important to me here. I've gained enough LBM for the time being (there is plenty of time AFTER this show to get to the 47-48kg LBM that I want/need for the WNBF shows later this year), and so it's time to start focussing on getting my BF% back DOWN and into the 'comfy' (and competition) zone. It will start next week. 8 weeks to lose 4% BF; I need to lose at least 0.5% BF a week from now on!

Mood: It's still surprisingly ok

Endurance: Good.

Pump and Vascularity: Vascularity still good. Better around my hips than in my arms at the moment, but it's still early in the day...

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Pretty good. I'm getting faster, which is what I want

Body Composition and Look: Starting to see the area around my hips 'pop' (so they say) moreso than it has been.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I have serious DOMS in my arms. My triceps and biceps are VERY tender, even to the most softest of touches. My left soleus is a little 'achy' too. And I think I am walking to favour the right side of my clavicle somehow (go figure)...Push PAST ANY 'pain', girl...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Originally Posted by jhicks3301 View Post
    Still looking solid!!!!
    Thanks, J.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 17 cont.

So, I decided later on that today was going to be a 'rest' day, 'recovery' day, whatever you want to call it. That's right, if I do only ONE training session a day it's an 'easy' day from now on. I DID consider going for a second run, though, but decided against it, (better not push my luck on that ankle, since it doesn't seem to have fully recovered from its collapse late last November); and I don't want tomorrow being a repeat of this morning! Besides, school starts back tomorrow, so I HAVE to get my training done when I've scheduled it!

Mental Alertness: Did some study. Stayed alert pretty much all day.

Energy: Still a lot of it in there (which is why I wanted to do another run). There was a small lapse at 1630 for ~10 minutes, like the last couple of days, but that's all. Really loving that. I'm going to need to be an energizer bunny from now on until it's time for bed (and then I need to go to sleep FAST, please, and not spend 2-3 hours - yep, still taking me that long - 'waiting' to sleep, or staying up later because I CAN'T sleep)...

Mood: Really good all day, except for between 1800-1900. For some reason I got really pissed off, or something. Aggressive, angry, violent; it's hard to explain. Basically I just wanted to beat the crap out of something, put my fist through a wall, beat something up, hurt myself, etc. (Would have been a good time for a run, LOL). Maybe it's all the frustration?...When I get like that my flatmate compares me to a wildcat: beautiful, but wild and dangerous and very unpredictable. Good; get that aggression (or whatever) and funnel it into training.

Pump and Vascularity: It's back, and better than ever. You can see the vascularity in my quads and calves as well, now.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Now that I've 'calmed down' I'm really good. Looking forward to tomorrow a little and being REALLY busy again...Just remember to take time out every now and then, chica...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Wow...great detail!

Nice log you have going here, and it is refreshing to see a female doing a log of this stack in great depth. Anyway, I saw it was AN log so I had to check it out. AN is my fav supp company, I'm a certified APP NUT . I would say judging from your photos and the log your probably looking great right about now. Are you seeing significant definition increases so far?

Anyway, good luck to you with the remainder of the log and good luck to you when you compete.

BTW...AN is the way to go!!!
    A Lion called DILIGAFF!!!

Walk Your Own Path! Become a Disciple of pain and put your body through the hell on earth it takes to be a bodybuilder, without further ado....Bring the pain!

Originally Posted by smssambear19 View Post
    Nice log you have going here, and it is refreshing to see a female doing a log of this stack in great depth.
    Thanks, Sean. Yeah, I've only seen 1 log by a female so far; the rest are by guys. Maybe it will help the girls...I get some more IGF-2 soon, so can add that back in. BTW, I read YOUR log; that's pretty detailed, too. You make me feel like I'm doing next to nothing!

I would say judging from your photos and the log your probably looking great right about now. Are you seeing significant definition increases so far?
    I am seeing more pump/vascularity and strength and endurance, rather than definition increases, thus far. But that's only because I am a little 'soft' from all the food/CHO/water that I've been having up until now. The definition shall come when I start cutting next week! Looking forward to THAT!!!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 18

Since I did a 5.5km Run yesterday, I did yesterday's scheduled HIIT Run today, and will swap Friday and Saturday's runs around, too.

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minutes easy jogging, then 30 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy, finishing with just under 2 minutes jogging. Felt good today. Fast and strong. It passed quickly. Endurance is increasing.

0600 - Back/Hams/Glutes:
    I started off with BB BOR; weight increase here, and lifting slower than last week, so that's an improvement. WG LPD used the same weight, not as explosive as last week, so good here too. 10 minutes into my session my vision started getting blurry, and I had to shake myself to stay with it. And now we get to the point where I start to get frustrated. CG SR my 'strength' seemed to 'leave' me, and the first 8 reps of each set were ok, but after that...Had to decrease weight. I really noticed 'weakness' in the CG TR; the first 5 reps of each set were strong and I felt great, and then after that it was like all 'energy'/muscle strength just disappeared. BB RD was not great either today; my hands were slipping: a mix of sweaty grip and lack of forearm ability to 'keep' the weight. I did DB Backward Lunges instead of BBL too, today, and grip/forearms were as bad with them as they were with BB RD. I walked out of that session WASTED. Angry with myself. Where was the aggression from yesterday? I tried to find it during the CG SR, but even that didn't help me much. Well, little lady, this is your body telling you that you needed to take today 'easy'. Yeah, ok, but still, I pushed myself as hard as I could (maybe I should have tried HARDER!)...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0315, ~5.25 hours sleep. Deep and undisturbed. Dreaming again. I felt pretty shattered when I woke up. But I forced myself to get up and stay up, and after a while I started to come right.

Mental Alertness: Bit spacey, especially in the gym, which was NOT cool. Hope my head comes right before school...

Energy: Not too sure. During the gym I had it sometimes and then other moments I seemed drained. I think this is going to be one of those days that I 'force myself through'...I WAS planning on doing a 20-30 minute boxing session this afternoon sometime, just to see if I could get back into it before I start again in March, but my arms are still really sore, and not too sure if I should ask my body to start going through hell just yet...

Motivation: Strong as ever.

Mood: Good. A little 'tired' maybe. Calm, at any rate.

Endurance: Noticing the increase, particularly during my HIIT runs.

Pump and Vascularity: Vascularity great after HIIT run and in the gym. Still here. Seeing more in legs.

Strength: Hmmm...

Quality of Training: HIIT run was good. Gym session was ok; just frustrated that my body was a little knacked.

Body Composition and Look: Ok.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still got some serious DOMS in arms; even just walking around I can feel a dull ache in them. But it's good; means that Tuesday's session DID something!!!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 18 cont.

Mental Alertness: It was only a half-day today, and tomorrow an introduction to all the first semester papers, and into full swing next week. I didn't need to be particularly 'there' for today's sessions, which was ok, since I haven't been 'there' much today at all...

Energy: So, no, I didn't do anything else today. Instead I fell asleep for an hour at 1330...

Mood: I got a little depressed earlier (which caused me to do something I regret now, damnit; self control, girl!!!)...But ok now, I guess...

Pump and Vascularity: Been awesome all day, the best so far.

Body Composition and Look: Got some comments from old classmates that I was looking like I'd gained some muscle (especially in my arms) and lost fat (which I have since they last saw me, LOL).

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS still there! Not too happy with myself right now. Girl SORT YOURSELF OUT; you CAN'T KEEP GOING ON LIKE THIS!!!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-21-2008 at 02:17 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Thanks, Sean. Yeah, I've only seen 1 log by a female so far; the rest are by guys. Maybe it will help the girls...I get some more IGF-2 soon, so can add that back in. BTW, I read YOUR log; that's pretty detailed, too. You make me feel like I'm doing next to nothing!

I am seeing more pump/vascularity and strength and endurance, rather than definition increases, thus far. But that's only because I am a little 'soft' from all the food/CHO/water that I've been having up until now. The definition shall come when I start cutting next week! Looking forward to THAT!!!
    I appreciate the nice sentiment, but by all means your log is one of the better female ones I have seen on here, and it is a good detailed log in general. Generally, a lot of female logs I have seen are not that detailed. So I'm liking yours...adds a different perspective. I'm also glad to hear your seeing solid results. You really can't go wrong with AN products. They're Lipotrophin-PM is my favorite under the radar supp too...I think it should be in anyone's staple arsenal that is serious about achieving a great physique because it helps you sleep good and does help you lose weight at the same time. Of and course, you can count on me keeping on eye you and your log for the remaining duration of your log..... Keep up the hard work and dedication!
    Last edited by smssambear19; 02-20-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Walk Your Own Path! Become a Disciple of pain and put your body through the hell on earth it takes to be a bodybuilder, without further ado....Bring the pain!

Talking Mmm....???

Mental Alertness: It was only a half-day today, and tomorrow an introduction to all the first semester papers, and into full swing next week. I didn't need to be particularly 'there' for today's sessions, which was ok, since I haven't been 'there' much today at all...

Energy: So, no, I didn't do anything else today. Instead I fell asleep for an hour at 1330...

Mood: I got a little depressed earlier (which caused me to do something I regret now, damnit; self contorl, girl!!!)...But ok now, I guess...

Pump and Vascularity: Been awesome all day, the best so far.

Body Composition and Look: Got some comments from old classmates that I was looking like I'd gained some muscle (especially in my arms) and lost fat (which I have since they last saw me, LOL).

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS still there! Not too happy with myself right now. Girl SORT YOURSELF OUT; you CAN'T KEEP GOING ON LIKE THIS!!!
    Depressed? Why depressed? You have no reason to be depressed...and you did something you regret? MMM...kind of sounds self-incriminating..... "I got a little depressed earlier (which caused me to do something I regret now, damnit; self contorl, girl!!!)...But ok now, I guess..." Oh and BTW...great cliff-hanger/vague, mysterious description...

I appreciate the nice sentiment, but by all means your log is one of the better female ones I have seen on here, and it is a good detailed log in general. Generally, a lot of female logs I have seen are not that detailed. So I'm liking yours...adds a different perspective. I'm also glad to hear your seeing solid results. You really can't go wrong with AN products. They're Lipotrophin-PM is my favorite under the radar supp too...I think it should be in anyone's staple arsenal that is serious about achieving a great physique because it helps you sleep good and does help you lose weight at the same time. Of and course, you can count on me keeping on eye you and your log for the remaining duration of your log..... Keep up the hard work and dedication!
    I'm a detailed person, LOL, so this won't be too much out of character (except for this staying up so late because I can't sleep!). And it helps me write it all down; I keep a pretty detailed training diary, including sleep time and wake, diet (what, when, and quantity, etc.), water intake, training (type, session duration, what actually did - i.e. exercise, weight, rep, sets, etc.), study, work, etc., etc., so it's really nothing to write it all here.

Hmmm, I've noticed the deeper sleep, but also that it's not taking me any SOONER to get to sleep, nor am I really sleeping for that much LONGER...shrug...

And yeah, liking AN so far. Seeing a little more definition (arms, delts, and adonis belt more than anything), and definitely the vascularity has dramatically increased, which is interesting, seeing as I've been steadily GAINING FAT (as well as the desired muscle!) over the last 4 weeks (yeah, been bulking for 4 weeks - including this week, and started the week before began using AN supplements), so...

Depressed? Why depressed? You have no reason to be depressed...and you did something you regret? MMM...kind of sounds self-incriminating..... "I got a little depressed earlier (which caused me to do something I regret now, damnit; self control, girl!!!)...But ok now, I guess..." Oh and BTW...great cliff-hanger/vague, mysterious description...
    Well, there's no reason to let everyone know EVERYTHING (if it's NOT to do with training), LOL. And yeah, I can be tough on myself. But hey, SOMEONE needs to give me a beating!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Talking Thats detail!

I'm a detailed person, LOL, so this won't be too much out of character (except for this staying up so late because I can't sleep!). And it helps me write it all down; I keep a pretty detailed training diary, including sleep time and wake, diet (what, when, and quantity, etc.), water intake, training (type, session duration, what actually did - i.e. exercise, weight, rep, sets, etc.), study, work, etc., etc., so it's really nothing to write it all here.

Hmmm, I've noticed the deeper sleep, but also that it's not taking me any SOONER to get to sleep, nor am I really sleeping for that much LONGER...shrug...

And yeah, liking AN so far. Seeing a little more definition (arms, delts, and adonis belt more than anything), and definitely the vascularity has dramatically increased, which is interesting, seeing as I've been steadily GAINING FAT (as well as the desired muscle!) over the last 4 weeks (yeah, been bulking for 4 weeks - including this week, and started the week before began using AN supplements), so...

Well, there's no reason to let everyone know EVERYTHING (if it's NOT to do with training), LOL. And yeah, I can be tough on myself. But hey, SOMEONE needs to give me a beating!
    Well I would say I am just as detailed as you, but the only time I write stuff down is when it is important, or if I am doing a log. Other than that I am pretty good at keeping a training journal mentally.

Gaining fat comes with the territory when your bulking...it sucks, but hey as long as your dedicated as you are its easy to drop that extra fat off no problem. I just got done bulking so now I am cutting...I bulked up to a massive 280, but now I am aiming at cutting back down to 260 and doing everything necessary to keep the mass I put on while maintaining my strength gains and dropping a good chunk of fat....I will not rest until I make my body into a work of art!

If your liking the vascularity bulking than you are certainly in for a treat when you start cutting....

Yeah there is no need to let everyone know everything. I just like cliffhangers and just how you worded it intrigued me...I study Psychology, what do you expect? . Anyway, SOMEONE needs to give you beating?...gee, now thats what I call dedication.... I would say you've got that covered all by your lonesome no problem...lol. Then again it is nice to have someone else push you and light a fire under your ass.... Hey you can do what I do...sure I have someone...just me, myself, and I...Its a great classic song BTW...

Well I would say I am just as detailed as you, but the only time I write stuff down is when it is important, or if I am doing a log. Other than that I am pretty good at keeping a training journal mentally.

Gaining fat comes with the territory when your bulking...it sucks, but hey as long as your dedicated as you are its easy to drop that extra fat off no problem. I just got done bulking so now I am cutting...I bulked up to a massive 280, but now I am aiming at cutting back down to 260 and doing everything necessary to keep the mass I put on while maintaining my strength gains and dropping a good chunk of fat....I will not rest until I make my body into a work of art!

If your liking the vascularity bulking than you are certainly in for a treat when you start cutting....

Yeah there is no need to let everyone know everything. I just like cliffhangers and just how you worded it intrigued me...I study Psychology, what do you expect? . Anyway, SOMEONE needs to give you beating?...gee, now thats what I call dedication.... I would say you've got that covered all by your lonesome no problem...lol. Then again it is nice to have someone else push you and light a fire under your ass.... Hey you can do what I do...sure I have someone...just me, myself, and I...Its a great classic song BTW...

Yeah, well, as an athlete it was a habit I started and kept. Besides, it's always helpful to be able to look back at what you did a year, or 2, or 3, even 8 years, ago, LOL (yeah, it's been THAT long since I've kept a training diary - although only been doing weights for the last 4 - and I've still got them ALL!).

It sure does. But I eat too MUCH when 'bulking' (not that I need an EXCUSE to do THAT). And now...whew...Be glad when it's all gone, I tell ya! AND I've just found out that my competition is a week EARLIER than it originally was, which means that I have only 6 weeks now to cut. Well, better start abusing that body like hell on earth! LOL

It wasn't MEANT to be a cliffhanger. It's just how I write...

Yeah, guess I don't really NEED anyone else to keep me on the straight and narrow. Everything I do these days seems 'wrong' to my head, and I've had years of practice 'beating myself up' (mentally at least!), so no worries there.

Right, better get this log done before the next class starts
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 19

I couldn't sleep last night. Even MORE wide awake at 2200 than I had been at 0900, going to sleep was just as much of an issue as it has been for the last few months. So I stayed up a little later. Watched a few DVDs to try and 'relax', not going to bed until 2347. Usually depsite going to bed so late I will STILL wake up automatically around 0300-0315, since that's what my body clock is set at, but NOT today. When I woke up I had 23 minutes to eat, shower and get ready for and run to school, so no training done. I thought about doing it in my lunch break (obviously I'm NOT, though, since I'm doing this, LOL), and then thought no, today can be my Day Off this week. Which means that tomorrow will be Friday's scheduled training sessions and on Sunday I will do a 5.5km Run.

I found out earlier today that my competition is actually on the 12 April, and not the 19th, as I had been told, so that leaves me a total of 7 weeks, starting from today, to be precise, in which to get my BF down. Which means, really, 6 weeks to cut. Not a lot of time. But with determination and the right ingredients, it's still doable. Damn right it IS! So, no waiting until the 4 March to change my training schedule; it happens NEXT week. So does diet; complete makeover. It will be a HUGE difference, since I've just spent the last 4 weeks bulking, but hey, I'll soldier on. It's what you do, right...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0937 (waking briefly at 0555, 0650 and 0725) making ~9.5 hours sleep. NOT COOL!!! I dreamt, though: strange, disturbing dreams again.

Mental Alertness: Still a little out of sorts. Good thing I don't really need to start 'thinking' for study too much until next week.

Energy: Ok.

Motivation: Knowing that I have LESS time than I thought makes me a little bummed. But hey, I'll pull through!

Mood: I've been told that it's been like a rollercoaster since the start of the year, and even moreso over the last few weeks. It's always interesting to know how others perceive us; it's amazing how DIFFERENT it is to how we know ourselves to be. Like someone once said to me "Impressions are very different from reality." In this case, I'm not so sure...

Endurance: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Showing well.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Body Composition and Look: Grrrr. At least I don't appear to have gained any more BF this week...

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS in arms still; never been this bad before. Usually I don't get ANY after an 'Arms' session. Ah, well, got to be good for SOMETHING...Not feeling too hot today.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-21-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: 'Corrected' Sleep - Time and Quality comments
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Thumbs up 6 Weeks, no problem!

I couldn't sleep last night. Even MORE wide awake at 2200 than I had been at 0900, going to sleep was just as much of an issue as it has been for the last few months. So I stayed up a little later. Watched a few DVDs to try and 'relax', not going to bed until 2347. Usually depsite going to bed so late I will STILL wake up automatically around 0300-0315, since that's what my body clock is set at, but NOT today. When I woke up I had 23 minutes to eat, shower and get ready for and run to school, so no training done. I thought about doing it in my lunch break (obviously I'm NOT, though, since I'm doing this, LOL), and then thought no, today can be my Day Off this week. Which means that tomorrow will be Friday's scheduled training sessions and on Sunday I will do a 5.5km Run.

I found out earlier today that my competition is actually on the 12 April, and not the 19th, as I had been told, so that leaves me a total of 7 weeks, starting from today, to be precise, in which to get my BF down. Which means, really, 6 weeks to cut. Not a lot of time. But with determination and the right ingredients, it's still doable. Damn right it IS! So, no waiting until the 4 March to change my training schedule; it happens NEXT week. So does diet; complete makeover. It will be a HUGE difference, since I've just spent the last 4 weeks bulking, but hey, I'll soldier on. It's what you do, right...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0937, waking at 0650 and 0725; making ~9.5 hours sleep. NOT COOL!!! This is the LAST time this can happen, girl!

Mental Alertness: Still a little out of sorts. Good thing I don't really need to start 'thinking' for study too much until next week.

Energy: Ok.

Motivation: Knowing that I have LESS time than I thought makes me a little bummed. But hey, I'll pull through!

Mood: I've been told that it's been like a rollercoaster since the start of the year, and even moreso over the last few weeks. It's always interesting to know how others perceive us; it's amazing how DIFFERENT it is to how we know ourselves to be. Like someone once said to me "Impressions are very different from reality." In this case, I'm not so sure...

Pump and Vascularity: Showing well.

Body Composition and Look: Grrrr. At least I don't appear to have gained any more BF this week...

Overall Sense of Feeling: DOMS in arms still; never been this bad before. Usually I don't get ANY after an 'Arms' session. Ah, well, got to be good for SOMETHING...Not feeling too hot today.
    I'm pretty sure 6 weeks will be plenty of time for you to cut the unwanted fat off. Your dedication is definitely not lacking. Besides, I highly doubt you put too much on anyway.

However, If you end up looking for some other supps to help accelerate your cut, take a look at NAPALM, Lipo-Derm Ultra, DCP, and either Retain 2, or Lean Xtreme 2.0. Just some extras to throw out there for ya.

Well since you say your not accustomed to feeling DOMS after an 'Arms' session I would most likely say you have to attribute that to the bad sleep...

Now as for your cutting diet...what do you plan on doing with that? Everyone has their own style of cutting diet so I'm curious.

Oh and lastly, will you be continuing to take the AN products through your cutting phase?

I'm pretty sure 6 weeks will be plenty of time for you to cut the unwanted fat off. Your dedication is definitely not lacking. Besides, I highly doubt you put too much on anyway.
    Well, dedication is never something that's lacking. It will be getting a handle on my eating habits more than anything. I'm not too sure about the BF gain. I can still see abs and veins and hardness, so...shrug...It should come off fairly easy, though; at least, it has in the past when I want it to.

However, If you end up looking for some other supps to help accelerate your cut, take a look at NAPALM, Lipo-Derm Ultra, DCP, and either Retain 2, or Lean Xtreme 2.0. Just some extras to throw out there for ya.
    I'm NOT looking to use any other supplements, but thanks anyway. I'm not really that big on supplements (I don't think that people should 'rely' on them too heavily, because at the end of the day, unless everything else is spot on, then what's the point? Besides, even when all else is set up for maximum results, supplements are just that - supplements - and contribute only a SMALL percentage towards results).

Well since you say your not accustomed to feeling DOMS after an 'Arms' session I would most likely say you have to attribute that to the bad sleep...
    It's NOT the sleep. I've been getting better and longer sleep in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 3 YEARS, so, no, not the sleep. Maybe it was just doing different exercises and lifting heavier, or too heavy too soon, or something? There will be a reason somewhere, but it's not that important, really.

Now as for your cutting diet...what do you plan on doing with that? Everyone has their own style of cutting diet so I'm curious.
    Pretty much clean eating. Calorie cycling. NOT eating ~8000 calories a day (that's the biggest thing)! I have found that I lose fat faster when I'm having 50-100g CHO/day, so I won't be cutting out CHO or anything. Macronutrient ratios will be around the vicinity of 40:30:30 (CHO:Protein:Fat), and that will vary on a day-to-day basis.

Oh and lastly, will you be continuing to take the AN products through your cutting phase?
    Yeah, I will be using the AN products that I'm currently using now throughout it (I mentioned that in the first log, LOL). The results will happen as soon as I clean up my diet and stop eating so much (That's always what happens)!
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-22-2008 at 06:46 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 20

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minutes easy jogging, then 32 x 20-25 seconds work/5-10 seconds easy, finishing with 2 minutes jogging. Strong headwind going out.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-0315, ~3.75 hours sleep. Deep blackness.

Mental Alertness: It's still early yet...I don't really need to concentrate too much on anything until my gym session at 0900, and then again until I hit the motorway (yep, she's heading down to the 'big city' again today, LOL)...

Energy: Well, I have it. AND it has to last until ~0315 tomorrow morning! Yeah, that's right, an all-nighter tonight. It's going to be a busy day. So will be a later run tomorrow.

Motivation: There.

Mood: Smiling.

Pump and Vascularity: Intense vascularity in hands, arms, calves, and feet.

Quality of Training: HIIT run ok.

Body Composition and Look: People have been telling me that my arms have noticeably MORE muscle in them I also noticed yesterday that my quads are starting to look MORE defined than what they were when I was LEANER, which says that I've also gained muscle on my legs (not the place I WANTED it, but hey, like losing BF, it will go where it will go). The region around my ASIS is also looking leaner, but maybe so because the majority of the BF that I have gained over the last 3 weeks appears to have settled in the area inferior to my belly button, but superior to my iliac crest.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Arms' DOMS has GONE! The right side of my clavicle has been 'hurting' when I wake up over the last few days; maybe I'm sleeping on it funny? Anyways, apart from that, no aches or pains...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 20 cont.

The gym was busy this morning (since uni has started back). Lots of females taking it easy on the cardio equipment, and all the rugby boys starting their pre-season training. In a month or so, though, 90% of those people will be gone, and it will be back to the 'usual' gym crowd...

0900 - Chest/Abs/Calves:
    I made a few changes to the session from last week. So, went like this:
    1. Flat BB BP 4 x 6-8
    2. Inc DB BP 4 x 6-8
    3. Push-Ups (hands on medicine balls [m/b], feet on bench/floor)
    4. Inc DB Flyes 4 x 6-8
    5. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 10, b. swissball [s/b] jackknife x 10, c. rope crunch @ 66kg x 10]
    6. SCR 4 x 6-10
    Stronger with Flat BB BP, Inc DB BP, and Inc DB Flyes. In my second set of Flat BB BP there was a sharp pain in my left anterior deltiod; and in both the third and fourth sets of Inc DB BP, a sharp pain in my right anterior deltiod. But I 'ignored' them, pushing on, and these both passed. Usually if I do push-ups I have my feet on a bench, hands on the floor. Since these are easy now, and I think that having my hands on a s/b may be a little much to go straight to, I used m/b to make them harder. The first set I did with my feet on a bench, but they kept slipping, so I just went to the floor. Surprisingly, these were ok. At the end of it, though, my right wrist was hurting...SCR same as usual; since I'm already using the maximum weight (122 kg - i.e. 268.4 pounds) on the weight stack and adding plates and/or DB to the stack is 'not allowed', all I do here is change and/or increase my work each session. And since my legs don't really need that much working on...

Mental Alertness: Getting there...

Energy: Nothing lacking here.

Motivation:

Mood: Way better now that I've had a weights session, LOL.

Pump and Vascularity: Really noticing the vascularity in the gym, especially in my biceps now, which is cool, since before it was really coming out in my forearms with not a lot up top...

Strength: Improving.

Quality of Training: Very happy with the session!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ready to face the world...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Thumbs up Way to go!

The gym was busy this morning (since uni has started back). Lots of females taking it easy on the cardio equipment, and all the rugby boys starting their pre-season training. In a month or so, though, 90% of those people will be gone, and it will be back to the 'usual' gym crowd...

0900 - Chest/Abs/Calves:
    I made a few changes to the session from last week. So, went like this:
    1. Flat BB BP 4 x 6-8
    2. Inc DB BP 4 x 6-8
    3. Push-Ups (hands on medicine balls [m/b], feet on bench/floor)
    4. Inc DB Flyes 4 x 6-8
    5. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 10, b. swissball [s/b] jackknife x 10, c. rope crunch @ 66kg x 10]
    6. SCR 4 x 6-10
    Stronger with Flat BB BP, Inc DB BP, and Inc DB Flyes. In my second set of Flat BB BP there was a sharp pain in my left anterior deltiod; and in both the third and fourth sets of Inc DB BP, a sharp pain in my right anterior deltiod. But I 'ignored' them, pushing on, and these both passed. Usually if I do push-ups I have my feet on a bench, hands on the floor. Since these are easy now, and I think that having my hands on a s/b may be a little much to go straight to, I used m/b to make them harder. The first set I did with my feet on a bench, but they kept slipping, so I just went to the floor. Surprisingly, these were ok. At the end of it, though, my right wrist was hurting...SCR same as usual; since I'm already using the maximum weight (122 kg - i.e. 268.4 pounds) on the weight stack and adding plates and/or DB to the stack is 'not allowed', all I do here is change and/or increase my work each session. And since my legs don't really need that much working on...

Mental Alertness: Getting there...

Energy: Nothing lacking here.

Motivation:

Mood: Way better now that I've had a weights session, LOL.

Pump and Vascularity: Really noticing the vascularity in the gym, especially in my biceps now, which is cool, since before it was really coming out in my forearms with not a lot up top...

Quality of Training: Very happy with the session!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Ready to face the world...
    Way to suck it up and push on Rosie. Thats what separates the winners and the wannabe types. "Overall Sense of Feeling: Ready to face the world"- Thats what I like to hear and see. Classic! .

Now as for the competition. Some have mentioned you should bypass this one and just keep bulking instead huh? Well, from what I see your looking great and your only going to get better. So with that said...I say whatever you decide is a win-win situation. Your determination and dedication will remain strong regardless, if your log and what you have said are any indication....

Now granted I know your feelings on supplement use. However, one thing I would say you might want to add in that greatly helps is a cissus product. AN's Osteobolin-C was the first cissus product I ever used and it greatly helped my joints out a lot, especially my left knee, which I absolutely destroyed during my HS years (2 severe injuries from basketball and football in back to back years...ended my athletic career). I now just buy bulk cissus powder (god awful tasting stuff, but it works and thats all I care about...). I put my mother on cissus as well, and needless to say it has prevented her from having to have total reconstructive knee surgery.

Anyway, since you mentioned some pains here and there I just thought I'd chip in a recommendation you might like to look at that could really be of some use, not necessarily to help performance wise, but more so for keeping your joints in good health as you put yourself through the punishment necessary to achieve the goals you want.

Keep working hard and you'll definitely develop the magnificent physique you desire. Enough said!

Day 21

So, BIG night out last night/this morning Man, it has been almost 4 YEARS since I've been out clubbing with my mates. 4 hours of dancing and walking round the city streets; I'd almost forgotten what it was like. To be honest, I don't know how students can do it MULTIPLE times WEEKLY! Then again, they're not all that serious about much, though, to be realistic...LOL...But it was great to 'hang out'...I was going to go for a run when I got up, but decided to give myself another Day Off this week...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0450-1050 (waking at 0955), so ~6 hours of deep sleep. And man I NEEDED it! I DIDN'T have a nap at all yesterday, and it's been a few months since I've done 24-32 hour days! But all good.

Mental Alertness: Was ok when I woke up. On autopilot for a bit there when driving home. Couldn't stay awake during a DVD. But all fine now.

Energy: I woke up with aching calves (that's what you get for dancing for so long in heels, even small 1-inch ones, haha).

Motivation: N/A.

Mood: Good. Happy. A little frustrated. But otherwise ok.

Pump and Vascularity: And I thought the vascularity earlier in the week was all right. Well, hello to the blue wires snaking all over my feet, legs, arms, hands, and now also down the lateral sides of my torso (over my obliques)...

Body Composition and Look: Put on a little BF (see in Overview) in my abdominal region, but it's only a few MILLIMETRES, a mere pittance...My mates who I saw a month ago said that I didn't look any different to back then (when I was almost 2% BF LEANER), so that's all cool. I'm noticing definition starting to appear in my biceps. And I've definitely gained some more muscle

Overall Sense of Feeling: Yeah, good.

So ends the last week of my short 4-week 'bulk' cycle (yeah, I started a week BEFORE I started this log [and using Applied Neutriceuticals' supplements]). It's now time to start living in hell...With a SMILE...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-24-2008 at 06:39 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Way to suck it up and push on Rosie. Thats what separates the winners and the wannabe types. "Overall Sense of Feeling: Ready to face the world"- Thats what I like to hear and see. Classic! .

Now as for the competition. Some have mentioned you should bypass this one and just keep bulking instead huh? Well, from what I see your looking great and your only going to get better. So with that said...I say whatever you decide is a win-win situation. Your determination and dedication will remain strong regardless, if your log and what you have said are any indication....
    Yep, will have made my decision by tomorrow.

Now granted I know your feelings on supplement use. However, one thing I would say you might want to add in that greatly helps is a cissus product. AN's Osteobolin-C was the first cissus product I ever used and it greatly helped my joints out a lot, especially my left knee, which I absolutely destroyed during my HS years (2 severe injuries from basketball and football in back to back years...ended my athletic career). I now just buy bulk cissus powder (god awful tasting stuff, but it works and thats all I care about...). I put my mother on cissus as well, and needless to say it has prevented her from having to have total reconstructive knee surgery.

Anyway, since you mentioned some pains here and there I just thought I'd chip in a recommendation you might like to look at that could really be of some use, not necessarily to help performance wise, but more so for keeping your joints in good health as you put yourself through the punishment necessary to achieve the goals you want.

Keep working hard and you'll definitely develop the magnificent physique you desire. Enough said!
    Thanks for that, Sean; I'll consider it.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Overview of Week 3

This week was a little screwed up, which was, to some extent, to be expected, what with school starting back and time spent with friends and all...(though still not MUCH of an excuse)...

BODY STATISTICS

Body mass: 51 kg (i.e. 112.2 pounds)
    Body composition: 10.5% BF

Comments: At 50 kg and 10% BF I had 45 kg LBM and 5 kg BF. At 51 kg and 10.5% BF I have 45.645 kg LBM and 5.355 kg BF. That's an increase of 0.645 kg (i.e. 1.419 pounds) of LBM and 0.355 kg (i.e. 0.781 pounds) of BF; a ratio increase of 1.82:1 (LBM:BF) this week. Although the BF % may seem like a 'big' increase, in reality the measure that changed it was an increase of 3.2 mm on my abdominal SF, which isn't a lot considering. The most important thing is that I've continued to gain muscle, which was the main focus.

BLOOD STATISTICS

RBC: 5.9 x10E12/L (Normal range 3.9-5.5)
    Hb: 119 g/L (Normal range 115-155)

Comments: Hb is withIN 'normal' limits, and is the SECOND HIGHEST (the highest being 121 g/L) that it has been since this time in 2003!!! RBC have increased, to allow for the increase in Hb.

Creatinine: 182 umol/L (Normal Range 50-100)
    eGFR: 32 ml/min/1.73m2 (Normal Range 80-120)

Comments: Creatinine has decreased from last week, while eGFR has increased. Still not within the 'normal' limits, but they seem to be heading back that way. I think that it was just the CHANGE in the TYPE of creatine used that caused last week's outlier result, nothing ABnormal or anything to worry about.

Other Comments:
    - Iron: 10 umol/L (Normal Range 7-26). Is back down to 'normal'.
    - Iron Saturation: 14% (Normal range 20-50). This is a HUMONGOUS drop from the 41% that it was LAST week! It has never been this low before. But nothing to be too concerned with at this stage. Could just be from the harder training this week.
    - Free T3: 3.07 pmol/L (Normal Range 2.60-6.00). Is on the rise again.

RESTING HEART RATE: Down to 35 bpm. I'm getting 'fitter'.

DIET

This last week I had 3 very high CHO/calorie days, 2 high CHO days, and 2 low CHO days. There was still 'cheat' food ingested, but not to the extent that it had been. From next week diet should look closer to the 40:30:30 ratio that my body seems to 'cope' and feel best with, with 5-6 low CHO days and 1-2 moderate-high CHO days.

TRAINING

I had TWO days off this week, which is ok during a 'bulk' phase. Both endurance (each HIIT session has been more intense and better than the last; and 5.5km runs have been faster per km. Perhaps this is due in part also to an increase in Hb?) AND strength (weight increase in the gym) have continued to improve.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-24-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added in 'Blood Statistics'
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Overview of 4-week 'Bulk'

The last 4 weeks have been interesting, to say the least. Progress has definitely been made, although, not always in the areas that I would have liked. But...shrug...You can't tell your body what it's going to do ALL the time...

Yes, I have gained muscle, with the majority of it in my LEGS, quads in particular (which was NOT the objective), with a 2.95 and 0.8 inches increase in my thigh (THAT explains the new 'uncomfortability' with my body at the moment) and calf girths respectively. My upper body gained a small amount, with my shoulder girth increasing by 1.18 inches, and arms (unflexed) by 0.79 inches (which is not that much considering that they LOOK bigger).

And yes, SOME of it will be because of extra BF, with my sum of 6 SF having increased by a total of 11.6 mm over the last 4 weeks. So, I didn't manage to stay AS lean as I would have liked, or even to maintain a relative leanness. But that is entirely my own fault. 'Bulking' does NOT mean that you can go nuts with the diet, which I kinda did. But hey, in the end I added that extra muscle, so...shrug...Yes, but do it the RIGHT way, girl; at least you'll FEEL better...But the BF will come off easily and quickly enough...

Let the next round begin...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-24-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck with your cutting phase, as well as juggling your coursework
    Were all in this race together, the human race

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still impressed!
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    Still impressed!
    Did you get my e-mail, Jammie?
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitruvian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you get my e-mail, Jammie?
    Well, I got one and thought I had replied....... let me have a look.............
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance- it is the illusion of knowledge.

Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God. ~R.C. Sproul

Day 22

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minutes easy jogging, then 32 x 20-28 seconds work/2-10 seconds easy, finishing with 1.5 minutes jogging. Didn't feel as good as last week's HIIT sessions, but I managed. I'm not sure that my body was running on 'full'.

0600 - Quads/Shoulders/Abs:
    Was a really good session today. My BB FS didn't take as much out of me as they usually do. BB SP I am starting to 'enjoy', and seeing some gains there. Although today was still hard, I felt like it was a 'lazy' session; maybe this had more to do with the fact that I almost felt like I could be sleeping some of the time and was very calm and relaxed throughout the session? And for some reason my lower abs are really sore; strange, as I haven't done anything for them in a few days...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, ~5 hours of deep, dreamless, unbroken sleep. When I woke up I didn't know HOW I felt, really. But hey, I came right after 30 minutes.

Mental Alertness: I almost felt myself trying to keep my eyes awake in my third class. Not cool. But all great from 1200 on...

Energy: It's ok. I have enough.

Motivation: Focussed on success in ALL arenas!

Mood: Good. Calm. Relaxed, surprisingly enough. I will probably be bouncing off the walls tonight.

Endurance: Improving. Still.

Pump and Vascularity: Good. Awesome in the gym. I have knots in my arms, LOL.

Quality of Training: HIIT not that great. Gym session really happy with. I'm getting better at mind-muscle connection on the exercises that I'd never had much for.

Body Composition and Look: Iliac spine starting to look more prominent.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm 'easing' into things. Not going to allow myself to get 'stressed' this year. Going to 'settle' and focus, get into routine, and steam on full speed ahead, but make sure not to burn out. No more burning the candle at both ends (I wish that I would go to sleep EARLIER, though). No more 'tired' eyes. No more excuses of any kind for ANYTHING. It's going to be a GREAT year! I'm very happy right about now. Got that quiet confidence and inner peace that what I am doing is RIGHT.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-25-2008 at 10:52 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Talking Keep on Keepin on!

So, BIG night out last night/this morning Man, it has been almost 4 YEARS since I've been out clubbing with my mates. 4 hours of dancing and walking round the city streets; I'd almost forgotten what it was like. To be honest, I don't know how students can do it MULTIPLE times WEEKLY! Then again, they're not all that serious about much, though, to be realistic...LOL...But it was great to 'hang out'...I was going to go for a run when I got up, but decided to give myself another Day Off this week...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0450-1050 (waking at 0955), so ~6 hours of deep sleep. And man I NEEDED it! I DIDN'T have a nap at all yesterday, and it's been a few months since I've done 24-32 hour days! But all good.

Mental Alertness: Was ok when I woke up. On autopilot for a bit there when driving home. Couldn't stay awake during a DVD. But all fine now.

Energy: I woke up with aching calves (that's what you get for dancing for so long in heels, even small 1-inch ones, haha).

Motivation: N/A.

Mood: Good. Happy. A little frustrated. But otherwise ok.

Pump and Vascularity: And I thought the vascularity earlier in the week was all right. Well, hello to the blue wires snaking all over my feet, legs, arms, hands, and now also down the lateral sides of my torso (over my obliques)...

Body Composition and Look: Put on a little BF (see in Overview) in my abdominal region, but it's only a few MILLIMETRES, a mere pittance...My mates who I saw a month ago said that I didn't look any different to back then (when I was almost 2% BF LEANER), so that's all cool. I'm noticing definition starting to appear in my biceps. And I've definitely gained some more muscle

Overall Sense of Feeling: Yeah, good.

So ends the last week of my short 4-week 'bulk' cycle (yeah, I started a week BEFORE I started this log [and using Applied Neutriceuticals' supplements]). It's now time to start living in hell...With a SMILE...
    A big night out huh? Everyone needs those. I unfortunately am very limited there. I am allergic to smoke and I don't drink either, but I do love to dance and it just sucks there are no places close around me that have a no smoking rule. I can deal with the drunken fools...thats easy....

It was probably a good idea you decided against the run to. You have to give your body ample time to rest. Geez, its like your trying to push yourself to be borderline psychotic.... Who am I to talk though...I probably would've gone for the run...LOL...

0430 - HIIT Run:
    4 minutes easy jogging, then 32 x 20-28 seconds work/2-10 seconds easy, finishing with 1.5 minutes jogging. Didn't feel as good as last week's HIIT sessions, but I managed. I'm not sure that my body was running on 'full'.

0600 - Quads/Shoulders/Abs:
    Was a really good session today. My BB FS didn't take as much out of me as they usually do. BB SP I am starting to 'enjoy', and seeing some gains there. Although today was still hard, I felt like it was a 'lazy' session; maybe this had more to do with the fact that I almost felt like I could be sleeping some of the time and was very calm and relaxed throughout the session? And for some reason my lower abs are really sore; strange, as I haven't done anything for them in a few days...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~22150-0315, ~4 hours of deep, dreamless, unbroken sleep. When I woke up I didn't know HOW I felt, really. But hey, I came right after 30 minutes.

Mental Alertness: I almost felt myself trying to keep my eyes awake in my third class. Not cool. But all great from 1200 on...

Energy: It's ok. I have enough.

Motivation: Focussed on success in ALL arenas!

Mood: Good. Calm. Relaxed, surprisingly enough. I will probably be bouncing off the walls tonight.

Endurance: Improving. Still.

Pump and Vascularity: Good. Awesome in the gym. I have knots in my arms, LOL.

Quality of Training: HIIT not that great. Gym session really happy with. I'm getting better at mind-muscle connection on the exercises that I'd never had much for.

Body Composition and Look: Iliac spine starting to look more prominent.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm 'easing' into things. Not going to allow myself to get 'stressed' this year. Going to 'settle' and focus, get into routine, and steam on full speed ahead, but make sure not to burn out. No more burning the candle at both ends (I wish that I would go to sleep EARLIER, though). No more 'tired' eyes. No more excuses of any kind for ANYTHING. It's going to be a GREAT year! I'm very happy right about now. Got that quiet confidence and inner peace that what I am doing is RIGHT.
    Can't explain the lower ab soreness and the lack of drive/motivation laziness? It could be possible that the "BIG" night out took more out of you than you realized. Especially since you were dancing so much. Your lower abs are involved with a lot of dance movements so it does not surprise me to hear about the soreness. Another thing...you must be a super busy person because according to your sleep times 4 hours and 6 hours and such...thats not ideal for getting the rest and repair you need for your body to be anabolic. Hopefully that changes for ya. Anyway, as per the usual...great work...keep it up! You've definitely impressed me with this log of yours.

On another note, I wouldn't necessarily say your easing into things. From what I gather about you...easing into things doesn't seem to be your style, or forte.... Its awesome to hear about your confidence and that inner peace. Keep that positive flow going! 2008 is your year to shine!!!

JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    still awesome detail to your log!
    Owner of the Iron Mulisha
    www.TheIronMulisha.com
    john[@]theironmulisha.com

In for new Business opportunities.. message me or email

A big night out huh? Everyone needs those. I unfortunately am very limited there. I am allergic to smoke and I don't drink either, but I do love to dance and it just sucks there are no places close around me that have a no smoking rule. I can deal with the drunken fools...thats easy....
    Yeah, well I'm not really much for them, usually, since I have a very LOW tolerance for drunks and the silly idiots that seem to go out...But every so often I enjoy it; it makes a nice change to routine.

It was probably a good idea you decided against the run to. You have to give your body ample time to rest. Geez, its like your trying to push yourself to be borderline psychotic.... Who am I to talk though...I probably would've gone for the run...LOL...
    Rest; what's that? Yes, I know it's very important. And what I am doing right now is not a lot (for me), so I almost feel like every day is a 'rest' once I've done my morning training sessions, and it doesn't make me feel too good...

Can't explain the lower ab soreness and the lack of drive/motivation laziness? It could be possible that the "BIG" night out took more out of you than you realized. Especially since you were dancing so much. Your lower abs are involved with a lot of dance movements so it does not surprise me to hear about the soreness. Another thing...you must be a super busy person because according to your sleep times 4 hours and 6 hours and such...thats not ideal for getting the rest and repair you need for your body to be anabolic. Hopefully that changes for ya. Anyway, as per the usual...great work...keep it up! You've definitely impressed me with this log of yours.
    Maybe. I am, but I just don't sleep much is all. I've been getting MORE sleep the last few weeks than ever before! If I sleep too much more than my usual 4-5 hours I just end up sluggish for the rest of the day. Most of my BEST training sessions have been done on a lack of sleep, or after an all-nighter!...But hey, everyone works differently, so, shrug...

On another note, I wouldn't necessarily say your easing into things. From what I gather about you...easing into things doesn't seem to be your style, or forte.... Its awesome to hear about your confidence and that inner peace. Keep that positive flow going! 2008 is your year to shine!!!
    Well, to ME, it's what I would call 'easing' or being 'lazy', really. Then again, like I said, we're all different and we all think differently...
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-25-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Closed Thread