cacacaca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hernia question .

So ive been working out for bout 2 years . in the past 4 months , i had a wierd feeling in my lower right abdomen . i just assumed it to be a muscle sprain in the abdomen , and rested it for a month (about) . But its still recurring since the past 3 months .

I decided to finally give it a check with the doc . and after feeling about , making me cough and observing my abdomen , and fukkin loweing my shorts , he diagnosed it to be a hernia . confusing thing is , he said that i have to rest it for a a few weeks , cos its just a muscle protrusion (im little confused here , cos i thot hernias are organs protruding thru tears ) . wierd part , he said if i dont stress it , itll be gone in a few weeks after rest . i always thought any hernia always ended with surgery . Am i safe ?or is this guy a loony ? shud i consult another doc ?

weeks of not working out . its frustrating man .

TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Met a guy a few months back who was going to get operated for hernia.
    He descridbed the case as you mentioned it.
    So my opinion is more like yours.

perhaps your case is not too serious and will heal itself with time.

Since in all cases you are resting and not working out; might be worth while to get a second opinion

hope you get better soon. I can relate to how ugly it is not to work out
    RPB... Raging Pit Bull

roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roman209 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just curious but where did you exactly feel it? What were you doing when you first felt it?

thanx tt.

roman , i first had this wierd feeling in my lower rite abdomen . a slight muscular pain , but only when i do SOME movements with the legs/torso (i.e wen the abs are stressed abit) . also , whenever the waist of my pants or shorts rested on that area , i used to feel as though there is sum pressure on the right , but not on the left . wen i look at the area , there is no 'lump' . but the right part of the lower taper of the ab gets little larger than the left if i flex hard , this too only at SOME streched positons .

i just wanted to confirm bout the fact if a hernia can be detected at a very early stage and cured without surgery (?????) . i dont mind sitting about for a few weeks if it gets ok . but if im wasting time now , and then after few weeks realise that surgery is required , and then again waste sum weeks for recovery , thatll be a bummer .

last question .
    by working on my abs now , will that make things worse ?

TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I strongly advise u to get a second opinion.
    I regret today that i had not seen a doc long time ago.
    It could have saved me loads.

be on the safe side. get it checked. Hernia surgery is no big deal today (or so i have been told).

better to stop now for a few weeks than make the situation worse and have to stay of weights for much longer!

Bodybuilding is more about health than any thing else so check that first!

cheers
    RPB... Raging Pit Bull

Complex757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complex757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complex757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, go for a second opinion. There might be different stages of hernia, and you might have one where surgery isn't required.

Well i went for a scan and checkup yesterday . all the other surrounding organs are fine . the doc said its jus a swelling in the abdominal muscle ,and cud lead to a hernia if not rested . Have to take it easy for a few weeks . Relieved bout the no surgery part . but yeah , i noticed that its no big deal to go under the knife these days .

i used to workout and practice breakdancing/bboying too wen this happened .
    So im not quiet sure wat triggered it . Oh well , im glad now . jus gonna lay back for a few weeks .

Kill the Beast before it grows!

Im gald things turned out ok for you.
    get well and take it easy when you get back in the gym.

cheers
    RPB... Raging Pit Bull