Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Scale + Body Fat % Calculator

Ok, So i went to walmart and bought this scale that also has a body fat % calculator. It was around $32. When i got home and tried it out, my weight was correct, but it said my body fat was 19%, which is not right, i have a regular body fat caliber which reads around 10-11%. Anybody else have one of these scales?

Master of the Dark Arts Tromboner45's Avatar
    Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm going to tell you my experience on these things.

I bought one that came out to about $60. I was really happy with it and as i was losing weight (I had a lot to lose, around 75 lbs), i saw the bf% dropping, too. I was really happy about this. However, i noticed this. When i got down to 160, i was coming up at like 15-16. I didn't think this was right and got it checked. I was actually at 11.5 or so. As i was bulking the past couple months, i got up to 180 a while ago and my scale was measuring 20% or something like that. I knew i had put on weight, but that was ridiculous. That was exactly where i was at when i was at 180 and cutting. Anyway, as i was recently going through a fitness book, i came across the BMI chart. It listed me as 25% (I was 190 at the time, same as now). This was what my "bf%" was coming out to. As i researched it a little, i found that the reason you put in your age and height and sex in it is because it finds your BMI (Body mass index: your weight in proportion to your height on the average of a healthy person), rather than your Bodyfat percentage. They are, in fact, supposed to correspond for the normal, healthy person. However, for most people they are about the same. Hope that helped. No one is gonna read all that.
    Hate is a powerful word; I, in turn, am a powerful man, borne from it. Your fear is my strength, your insecurity, my pride. All i have ever known is loathing... You toss aside my teachings to preach of love, which you know nothing of?! I know love... Let me show you the way. Hate... Hate was my first love.

The demons are sleepless and immaterial, death is at hand, and I am weak. Lord, help me; do not let Thy creature perish, for Thou carest for me in my misery.

St. Peter of Damascus

Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fury18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks bro.. so basicly they lied..

Master of the Dark Arts Tromboner45's Avatar
    Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tromboner45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah. They lied. Put Ronnie Coleman on there. i'm betting 60-70 would be popping up.
    Hate is a powerful word; I, in turn, am a powerful man, borne from it. Your fear is my strength, your insecurity, my pride. All i have ever known is loathing... You toss aside my teachings to preach of love, which you know nothing of?! I know love... Let me show you the way. Hate... Hate was my first love.

The demons are sleepless and immaterial, death is at hand, and I am weak. Lord, help me; do not let Thy creature perish, for Thou carest for me in my misery.

St. Peter of Damascus

daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) daweinah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The problem with those scales is that the only take into account your weight. A 5'10" 200lb person could either be very huge muscularly, or have a very huge belly and the machine doesn't know how to tell the difference, so it just says your fat.

As for the BMI thing, at 18 years old, 5'9" and 163 pounds, it says I'm "marginally overweight," but at 10-11% BF with a six-pack, anyone with eyes could tell you that I'm not.

Highway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah those scales are garbage. They had one at the science center in my town and my school was on a field trip there. I jumped on and I got 21% bodyfat or some crap. Some short little fat kid got 19%. It was retarded.

I guess im sticking with my body fat caliber