Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tack Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Post Workout, High-Glycemic Carbs, good or bad?

Although, I have always been taught that they are a must that is very effective in promoting protein synthesis I just read an article saying, that if anything, post-workout high-glycemic carbs can be counter-productive by forcefully shutting the window of time that your body has an insulin sensitivity due to lowered glycogen storage. The article elaborated saying that during this window of lowered glycogen storage protein synthesis and gh levels are heightened but the flood of high-glycemic carbs post workout allegedly closes this window. Does anyone have any answers about this important question, or does this idea sound as new to you as it does to me?

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have heard this before, but am not too sure on the legitimacy of it. All I know is that the insulin spike PWO has been proven unnecessary so, this should not be a problem if you take that into account.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive heard the same and read the same .. i would like to know what would be the best carb source PWO.. right now i take some dex and mix of oats.. would that be considered a good mix?

lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    ive heard the same and read the same .. i would like to know what would be the best carb source PWO.. right now i take some dex and mix of oats.. would that be considered a good mix?
    I would drop the oats bro, the fiber in them will be slowing down the digestion pwo, just go whey+ dex+ 5g's Luicene ( if you can afford it)
    ░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒
    █▓▒░ Aussie Crew░▒█
    ▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒█

((((Brazilian Massive)))) Baixaria's Avatar
    Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baixaria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hope the gurus drop in and give us a better insight! Alan er...
    "Where observation is concerned, chance favors only the prepared mind"
    Louis Pasteur

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alan responded to this by calling BS, and just saying to eat the most nutrient dense carbs you can after you workout. I.e. oats being ideal, dextrose not.

PHunHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PWO, You need High glycemic carbs to replenish glycogen. If you destroyed yourself in the gym, within 30min (my theory) of post workout, i take hi-GI carbs.

1 Bagle
    1/4 Cantalope
    3 Scoops BSN True-Mass
    3 Tbls. mixed amino-Acids containing Lucine

Thats roughly my PWO meal.
    Training is a new religion, Go to church and pay your respects... -_PHunhouse

Hit it!

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have yet to hear anyone flawlessly defend either stance on this and plan on continuing to put honey in my shake because it seems to work acceptably well and dammit it tastes good. As long as it's some combination of carbs and protein, I think you're probably ok.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lachy View Post
    I would drop the oats bro, the fiber in them will be slowing down the digestion pwo, just go whey+ dex+ 5g's Luicene ( if you can afford it)
    You are afraid of a few grams of fiber post workout?...
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PHunHouse View Post
    PWO, You need High glycemic carbs to replenish glycogen. If you destroyed yourself in the gym, within 30min (my theory) of post workout, i take hi-GI carbs.

1 Bagle
    1/4 Cantalope
    3 Scoops BSN True-Mass

but your "theory" is backed up by nothing but hearsay.

You do not need hi-GI carbs post workout, unless you're doing long duration and about to go to another exercise, or if you did not get a proper pre workout meal as you would still be getting nutrients from a proper pre workout meal.

Also, alan has said many times that you go no where near losing all glycogen from 60 minutes of weight lifting.

I believe your body can hold a few thousand calories worth of glycogen.

ISSA Certified CFT

Watch out for that dust Blane/Cope's Avatar
    Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blane/Cope will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i eat a mixture of fast/slow digsting carbs

1. Shake-oats/ff yogurt/protein powder/water

2. bagel

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah bro, lets believe a 15 yr old bro,

pwo+HIGH GI = retarded.

after an hour workout, you havent even fully digested your preWO meal if done right....
    Last edited by Tussmann57; 07-26-2007 at 01:25 PM.

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Supplement companies must love you.

Word to the wise, take everything you read in the teen section with a grain of salt
    The only time you'll ever see 'success' before 'work' is in the dictionary

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Bodybuilding is simple, not easy..

Originally Posted by BabyBodybuilder View Post
    Supplement companies must love you.
    lmao

ISSA Certified CFT

BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) BabyBodybuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    lmao
    I gots a better idea!!11 Screw digestion!!11! We needs those proteins so damnz fast... we shulds inject amino acids rightz intos our bloodz streamz!!111 now dats hardcorz!11

OGZERS, it's been 3 hours and 6 minutes since my last meal, teh biceptz are going catabawlick!!!!

Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I heard this was the best stack cocktail postworkout, by a couple of sources.

whey
    dextrose
    5g's Luicene
    creatine mono
    glutamine
    "You Must Show No Mercy..Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.. For your greatness will silence them all"

Instagram @allbusinessfitness

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeRichBuffalo

Originally Posted by Jrich54338 View Post

whey
    dextrose
    5g's Luicene
    creatine mono
    glutamine

I would love to see those sources

Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jrich54338 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no need to prove sources, i know what has to be done and i will do it
    "You Must Show No Mercy..Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.. For your greatness will silence them all"

whey
    dextrose
    5g's Luicene
    creatine mono
    glutamine
    add some celltech and you're all set

ISSA Certified CFT

hey i got my creatine mono in there lol

hey i got my creatine mono in there lol
    you taking cellmass and animal pak?

better throw in some Chromium Picolinate, it's the 10th best selling item at the store

ISSA Certified CFT

okkkkkkkkkk

PHunHouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    but your "theory" is backed up by nothing but hearsay.

You do not need hi-GI carbs post workout, unless you're doing long duration and about to go to another exercise, or if you did not get a proper pre workout meal as you would still be getting nutrients from a proper pre workout meal.

Also, alan has said many times that you go no where near losing all glycogen from 60 minutes of weight lifting.

I believe your body can hold a few thousand calories worth of glycogen.
    ok "Guy", It works for some it might not work for others. If your doing high intensity workout for example rest - pause your going to deplete yourself. my opinion.
    Training is a new religion, Go to church and pay your respects... -_PHunhouse

Hit it!

phunhouse i agree,
    If your training balls to the wall, and training 5-6 days a week our way works wonders, if your giving it a fanny pump here and there by all means go the other route either way its not your postworkout thats gonna make you grow its your intense, variation workouts that keep those muscles guessing.

ok "Guy", It works for some it might not work for others. If your doing high intensity workout for example rest - pause your going to deplete yourself. my opinion.
    lmao @ you referring to me in quotes as Guy.

phunhouse i agree,
    If your training balls to the wall, and training 5-6 days a week our way works wonders, if your giving it a fanny pump here and there by all means go the other route either way its not your postworkout thats gonna make you grow its your intense, variation workouts that keep those muscles guessing.

Here is a good read, gentleman.

ISSA Certified CFT

Whey Protein User djshortsleeve's Avatar
    djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

1 Bagle
    1/4 Cantalope
    3 Scoops BSN True-Mass

No, you dont need high GI carbs after working out. I go back and forth between just protein and protein/WMS PWO. I really dont notice a difference. Carbs are really only beneficial when you NEED to replace glycogen, like for endurance. A weight training workout doesnt last long enough, typically.
    RIP raprazant
    RIP AnthonyGoldsGym
    RIP Matt Cook AKA StephenHawking
    RIP C. Griswald

ASOT crew, AA/Sober crew, Misc Cigar crew

Positivity is liberty.

Whey Protein User djshortsleeve's Avatar
    djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

whey
    dextrose
    5g's Luicene
    creatine mono
    glutamine
    I doubt it. Whey plus Leucine/Creatine/Glutamine is a waste. You wouldnt absorb much of the aminos as they would be competing for receptors.
    RIP raprazant
    RIP AnthonyGoldsGym
    RIP Matt Cook AKA StephenHawking
    RIP C. Griswald

ASOT crew, AA/Sober crew, Misc Cigar crew

Positivity is liberty.

Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000) Johnsmatrix is just really nice. (+1000)

1 Bagle
    1/4 Cantalope
    3 Scoops BSN True-Mass

That's what I was taught in my certification studies. Your at a low sugar level after a workout so if there was ever a time to have hi-glycemic foods, post workout would be the time.

thank you johnsmatrix

thank you johnsmatrix
    selective reading lol.

ISSA Certified CFT