Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speedtre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BusyDizzyIzzy View Post
    You know, I really find it funny. Numerous people here online who actually own the F320 including myself have already commented that dumbell curls AND military presses are just fine on this bench. One poster happened to be over 6'2" and he has 0 issues doing either seated dumbell curls OR military presses on this, same with me.

SO exactly how did YOu find this to be a problem on this bench?

A typical bench like a Lamar, Powertec, Bodysolid FID bench etc will be about 20" roughly off the ground in full 90 degree upgright position. On the F320 your about 12" off the ground, or about 8" lower than your typical designed FID bench in the MILITARY upright position. While you do sit lower, your still just plenty fine doing dumbell curls. There is no knuckle dragging going on. Even military presses. Military presses are supposed to be a SHOULDER excercise right? Or am I missing something here? Does a lower seat height allow your shoulders to drag on the ground as well? I know one big advantage of a lowered seat height on military presses though. You can't use your legs or lowerbody to help cheat the weight up. Also helps to keep from over arching your lower back as well when your knees are bent up towards your torso a bit as well. So strict form is a benefit here. The lowered seat height also allows for easier spotting from a partner too if needed. If you feel the need to "cheat" weight up, you should be doing full clean and presses anyway, not seated military presses.

If your going to make a claim to the F320 as being a poor do it all FID bench, better come up with some better reasoning than what you have.
    Again, you question SOMEONE elses experiences....you just don't get it do you, people ARE different and the same piece of equipment that works for one person does not work for another. There is NO WAY you are 12 inches off the ground in it's upright position. For those of you that haven't seen one, go here and click on see adjustments and tell me if you think that the lowest point of your ass is anywhere near 12 inches off the ground when it's in it's fully upright position...I say NO WAY.

http://www.bodycraft.com/320.tpl

When I sat in the F320 in the upright position, I would touch the ground with my fingers with my arms hanging straight. Admittedly I have long arms. If you (generally speaking) are short or have short arms for your height this may not be a problem for you. The other problem, sitting with your ass practically on the ground during military presses will be that way for nearly anyone, if like me, you don't like that position for military press. I personally don't see how anyone else would....but if it doesn't bother you (again, generally speaking), it doesn't bother you and this isn't an issue. I would recommend that anyone who wants an F320 as their only bench try one before they buy it if possible. It could NEVER be an only bench for me.

Even BodyCraft realize it's not a great only bench, that is why they sell a Dumbell Bench that does not adjust that way. If their F320 was such a great all around bench for EVERYONE they would not sell another FID "Dumbell bench." Hell, they even call it a "Dumbell Bench" which is in a way acknowledging that their other FID bench is not ideal or dumbell work.

http://www.bodycraft.com/F602.tpl

I used this bench in the store as well and I could have it as my only bench (In fact it was on my short list of FID benches before I got a great deal on a different brand used FID). The F320 and F602 were both nice products, but for me (and I would think, some others), the F320 is not suitable as an only bench. Because of that, people who haven't bought it should be aware of it's (possible) limitations (depending on the user).
    Last edited by speedtre; 07-29-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sh4mike View Post
    And yet another thread derailed for arguments on IM equipment.

*starts slow clap*
    And I belive it started because of my post, I think so, lol...

Ah this is classic, yet another f320 vs super bench thread, but let's be honest it always is a fun thread...lol

That aside, yeah I did try the f602, to me it is a far better bench then the f320, if that would fit inside my power rack, I would go for that right away...but imo the IM is better than any other bench, better than the f320 for the reasons I stated in past posts, it is better than the hoist (price wise and for ab work) better then the powertec because of ab work and the fact that it is stronger...

It is a better everything bench...it is in it's own category