Suffer. Be made strong. sborton84's Avatar
    sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Muscle Milk Vs Light

The only difference seems to be a little less fat, more carbs, in the Light & a mere difference of 58 calories (when you look at it w/ grams instead of serving size). I laughed when I saw the scooper was half the size of the regular Anyway...I know this probably belongs on the supplement board, but who else notices a big difference in their workouts when taking this pre-workout? I LOVE it (Chocolate Milk...mmm) It gives me a major energy boost! Any one else a fan? Or do you find it too high in fat to fit into your macros?
    Let suffering be your fuel. Find myself a step ahead and achieveing more every night I go to bed with my body starving, muscles aching, eyes tired, ready-to-scream because I just want rest. Seeing yourself the next day after having gone through that torture is the reward.

-Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Never tried it...is it really worth it?

sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sborton84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    Never tried it...is it really worth it?
    You know, honestly (imo), performance wise yes. I can say that I have felt a difference w/ Muscle Milk vs. many of the isolates I've tried. I've been using it pre and post workout for about 2 weeks now and have been able to lift heavier and have enough energy at the end of the workout to get in some extra cardio. I'm not quite sure if it would fit well into a cutting diet, but from my experience, it is a great supplement for strength and energy...plus it tastes awesome (like a real milk shake) .

although it could be psycho****tic too Even so, I'm a huge fan.
    Let suffering be your fuel. Find myself a step ahead and achieveing more every night I go to bed with my body starving, muscles aching, eyes tired, ready-to-scream because I just want rest. Seeing yourself the next day after having gone through that torture is the reward.

-Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So you're talking about the powder...

I use VP2 whey isolate, have you tried that one?

So you're talking about the powder...

I use VP2 whey isolate, have you tried that one?
    I haven't! How do you like it?

Eh. It's protein, it was the first isolate I heard of, and I get it for about 10$/lb from some website, so its cheap enough. I don't know how well it works...but it seems high quality.

Protein is protein, until you start adding creatine and other supplements to it...Is muscle milk more than just protein?

Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000) Frank784 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally have no experience with light myself. I do have some experience with Cookies and Creme Muscle Milk. Wow is it amazing, just like a milkshake. I've read that its something that you should shy away from PWO because of the fat content and I believe its a casein blend; but then again something different is always being said. If you're getting good results with it, keep it up.

Registered User Death From Above's Avatar
    Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sborton84 View Post
    You know, honestly (imo), performance wise yes. I can say that I have felt a difference w/ Muscle Milk vs. many of the isolates I've tried. I've been using it pre and post workout for about 2 weeks now and have been able to lift heavier and have enough energy at the end of the workout to get in some extra cardio. I'm not quite sure if it would fit well into a cutting diet, but from my experience, it is a great supplement for strength and energy...plus it tastes awesome (like a real milk shake) .

although it could be psycho****tic too Even so, I'm a huge fan.
    definately psycho****tic. Its protein and fat. Could just be the calories giving you better energy, oh well, whatever works best for you, glad to hear its working for you.

Originally Posted by Frank784 View Post
    I personally have no experience with light myself. I do have some experience with Cookies and Creme Muscle Milk. Wow is it amazing, just like a milkshake. I've read that its something that you should shy away from PWO because of the fat content and I believe its a casein blend; but then again something different is always being said. If you're getting good results with it, keep it up.
    Yeah, it does have some casein as well as some L-glutamine, lactoferrin, peptides, aminos, etc. The medium chain triglycerides are described as "fast-burning fats" that if ingested at the proper time, are used for muscle energy vs. fat storage. According to an article here at bb.com

Consumption of medium chain triglycerides has been shown to encourage caloric thermogenesis at a rate greater than if MCT consumption had not occurred. 2, 3, 4 The body can use MCT's for a number of purposes. These include being used for muscle energy, fat burning, and for the production of adenosine triphosphate. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mct.html

Eh. It's protein, it was the first isolate I heard of, and I get it for about 10$/lb from some website, so its cheap enough. I don't know how well it works...but it seems high quality.

Protein is protein, until you start adding creatine and other supplements to it...Is muscle milk more than just protein?
    Check out cytosports website for info or google MCTs (medium chain triglycerides). I know a lot of people would not consume that much fat in their diet, but it has been working for me Fats have never been a big problem for me, carbs tend to keep the pudge on more so, so the macros of Muscle Milk really doesn't scare me.

Info for the regular

2.48 Lbs Chocolate Milk
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size2Scoops(75g)
    Servings Per Container15

Amount Per Serving

Calories 350
    Calories From Fat 160

% Daily Values*

Total Fat 18g 28%
    Saturated Fat 8g? 40%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 200mg 8%
    Potassium 850mg 24%
    Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 2g 9%
    Sugars 6g
    Protein 32g 64%

Vitamin A 33%
    Vitamin C 33%
    Vitamin D 33%
    Vitamin E 33%
    Thiamine 33%
    Riboflavin 33%
    Niacin 33%
    Vitamin B6 33%
    Folic Acid 33%
    Vitamin B12 33%
    Biotin 33%
    Pantothenic Acid 33%
    Calcium 33%
    Iron 33%
    Phosphorus 33%
    Iodine 33%
    Magnesium 33%
    Zinc 33%
    Copper 33%
    Chromium 100mcg 83%

* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    ** 80% of saturated fats are in the form of medium chain triglycerides (MCT's). MCT's are typically burned as energy and show little or no propensity for storage as body fat or as a contributor to arteriosclerosis.

Ingredients
    EvoPro?(Micellar Alpha And Beta Caseins And Caseinates, Whey Concentrates Rich In Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, L-Glutamine, Taurine, Lactoferrin), Lean Lipids?(Trans Fat Free Lipid Complex Consisting Of Canola Oil, Sunflower And/Or Safflower Oil, MCT's, L-Carnitine), Fructose, Cocoa Powder, Maltodextrin, CytoVite I? (Vitamin And Mineral Premix Consisting Of Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Folate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCL, Cyanocobalamin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Fumarate, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Oxide, Chromium Nicotinate), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin

Allergen Statement: This Product Contains Ingredients Derived From Milk And Soy. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/milk.html
    And for the Light...

1.65 Lbs. Vanilla Creme
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size2Scoops(50g)
    Servings Per Container15

Amount Per Serving

Calories 195
    Calories From Fat 50
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2.5g? 13%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 115mg 5%
    Potassium 620mg 18%
    Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 1g 9%
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 25g 50%

Vitamin A 1750IU 35%
    Vitamin C 21mg 35%
    Vitamin D 140IU 35%
    Vitamin E 11IU 37%
    Thiamine 0.5mg 33%
    Riboflavin 0.6mg 33%
    Niacin 7mg 33%
    Vitamin B6 0.7mg 33%
    Folate 140mcg 35%
    Vitamin B12 2.1mcg 35%
    Biotin 105mcg 35%
    Pantothenic Acid 4mg 40%
    Calcium 600mg 60%
    Iron 6mg 33%
    Phosphorus 350mg 35%
    Iodine 53mcg 35%
    Magnesium 140mg 35%
    Zinc 5mg 33%
    Copper 0.7mg 33%
    Chromium 108mcg 90%

* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    ** 80% of saturated fats are in the form of medium chain triglycerides (MCT's). MCT's are typically burned as energy and show little or no propensity for storage as body fat or as a contributor to arteriosclerosis.

Ingredients
    EvoPro?(Micellar Alpha And Beta Caseins And Caseinates, Whey Concentrates Rich In Alpha-Lactalbumin, Whey Isolates, Whey Peptides, L-Glutamine, Taurine, Lactoferrin), Maltodextrin, Lean Lipids?(Trans Fat Free Lipid Complex Consisting Of Canola Oil, Sunflower And/Or Safflower Oil, MCT's, L-Carnitine), CytoVite I? (Vitamin And Mineral Premix Consisting Of Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Folate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCL, Cyanocobalamin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Fumarate, Magnesium Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Oxide, Chromium Nicotinate), Fructose, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin

Allergen Statement: This Product Contains Ingredients Derived From Milk And Soy. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/light.html
    Last edited by sborton84; 07-12-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Interesting, but i'm sure it's still very psychological.

BB likes to...exaggerate their products

Interesting, but i'm sure it's still very psychological.

BB likes to...exaggerate their products
    Definately agree that bb exaggerates their products, as do all supplement companies. But still, there is some interesting research regarding MCTs, not as a weight loss agent but as an energy mechanism.

http://www.obesityresearch.org/cgi/c...tract/11/3/395
    http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...med_0172.shtml

Weird...

Are those only found supplementally? Or in certain foods

Weird...

Are those only found supplementally? Or in certain foods
    You know, I'm really not sure. I believe MCTs can be found in coconut oil. For the most part, MCTs are used as supplements.

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For some reason i highly doubt the brand of protein powder you use can affect you ability to lift weights.

Whey is whey

Casein is casein

Healthy fat is healthy fat

Complex carbs are Complex carbs

You could probably save a ton of money but just mixing whey in milk and adding some peanut butter if needed.

The supplement industry makes me furious.

Originally Posted by Tussmann57 View Post
    For some reason i highly doubt the brand of protein powder you use can affect you ability to lift weights.

Whey is whey

Casein is casein

Healthy fat is healthy fat

Complex carbs are Complex carbs

You could probably save a ton of money but just mixing whey in milk and adding some peanut butter if needed.

The supplement industry makes me furious.
    The taste is far worth it. Definately the best tasting pp I've ever tried. It's not that expensive...about the same in price as isopure or matrix. I'm not trying to tell the world that "this is the ONE SUPPLEMENT that will CHANGE your life!" Just a reliable, quality supplement that can help if you have a lack of energy IMO. Whole foods are better than supplements any day, but if you're in a pinch for time, this is something I've found to be helpful.
    Last edited by sborton84; 07-12-2007 at 03:42 PM.

Not to mention, if you think it's giving you more energy, and you get more because of that, whats the harm