FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Still possible to run while bulking?

Hey all, not sure where this should've gone, but anyway. . .

Okay, so here's the dilemma:

I have acne. Now, a very good way to help reduce/control it is to exercise and sweat a lot because your body is able to release toxins through the sweat (and I have found it to make a difference). The only problem is that I want to gain mass, and we all know that running isn't going to help that. So, what would be the best strategy to employ in order to balance the two? Should I run some days, workout others? Or could I run at a certain time of the day without worrying about it interfering with my gains? I'd like to run sometime in the evening if possible, so what should I be eating in order to keep my muscles recovering?

Thanks a ton for any help.

Note: Fat loss is fine, I want lean mass, and it'll save me some time later on anyway (I already have some fat from bulking).
    Last edited by FiveOneNine; 11-09-2004 at 07:05 PM.
    ()))))----------()))))
    6' 3"
    202 lbs. (10-15% BF) (June 14th)
    Goal: 210 lbs by the end of summer.

"Do you kids want to be like the real UN, or do you want to just squabble and waste time!?" -Principal Skinner ;)

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do cardio on a bulk , some don't but u have to keep your heart healthy. 3x per week of cardio on a bulk would be the minimum etc, if u eat clean ona bulk u may be able to get aways with less. Each will have there own opinion on this< I put on 15 pounds do cardio 5-6x per week I was just making up for it in cals etc, clean calories. This allowed me to minimize fat gain also
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Maybe you should do a little research on acne. Do a Google on acne, retinol, vitamin A and carotene. I don't think it has much to do with sweat, cardio and gaining mass.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000) SKorn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sauna

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    running is not detrimental to bb.
    if your calories exceed calories used, you'll still grow.
    just keep the running to about 40 minutes, and not more than thrice a week - and you'll be fine.
    oh and try not to do it run before leg day, i suppose you'd be smart enough to know that
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do HIIT when cutting..and Incline Walk on Treadmill at moderate speed for 30min when bulking. Do it 3x per week.
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10) FiveOneNine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by A.FreeRadical
    Maybe you should do a little research on acne. Do a Google on acne, retinol, vitamin A and carotene. I don't think it has much to do with sweat, cardio and gaining mass.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Believe me, I've done A LOT of research on acne - I've had since I was about 10. Tried all kinds of diets, topical meds, and anti-biotics (even Accutane). From what I've been reading, Acne stems from the bodies inability to release toxins through its normal pathways (excretion, sweat etc.). The toxins interfere with absorption of certain nutrients (such as A, B's etc.) I try to identify patterns with my acne to see what irritates/controls it, and I found that while taking Phys. Ed. my acne was noticebly better. That would probably be attributed to my increased sweating, and therefore better releasing of toxins.

Originally Posted by SKorn
    Sauna
    Nah man, Sauna = Maaad dryness for me. My skin is really sensitive that way.
    Last edited by FiveOneNine; 11-10-2004 at 02:26 PM.
    ()))))----------()))))
    6' 3"
    202 lbs. (10-15% BF) (June 14th)
    Goal: 210 lbs by the end of summer.

"Do you kids want to be like the real UN, or do you want to just squabble and waste time!?" -Principal Skinner ;)

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Perspiration DEFINITELY has a positive effect on Acne sufferers, so don't buy what Freeradical is telling you. In addition to this, cardio is great for your body and heart whether bulking or cutting. If you want to gain, simply eat more, but I definitely recommend working up a sweat with 15-20 minutes of cardio during a bulk.....the positive effect on your acne is just another plus.

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I understand the importance of some cardio year round for cardiovascular health, but I don't understand the minimizing fat gains argument. Wouldnt any extra activity expending calories inhibit fat accumulation? And if you eat more to compensate for the cardio, you're back where you started, right?
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dont you sweat when you work out though? I mean if you work out intensly then you should sweat enough. If not and you do cardio then just do what the others suggested and add like 300 or so cals depending on the cardio and duration of it

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JustBrowsin
    I understand the importance of some cardio year round for cardiovascular health, but I don't understand the minimizing fat gains argument. Wouldnt any extra activity expending calories inhibit fat accumulation? And if you eat more to compensate for the cardio, you're back where you started, right?

Wrong. Doing cardio at a slow, moderate intensity burns a much higher ratio of FAT (or you can think of it in terms of FAT CALORIES). Then, you'll take in extra calories (from various sources) during the day to compensate for the calories you burned. But it won't all be stored as fat. Therefore, you have a net loss of fat in the body.