Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

HoosierHardGain's Trek Into Keto

Well, this journal has been a long time coming. I've done some form of low carb or even keto at diffent times over the last few years. Now, I am bound and determined to get back into keto!

What helps is I have a high tolerence for eggs, which are easy. I usually eat 3 or so for breakfast with either cheese or sometimes some sausage. I may even start cooking extra in the morning to take to work for later meals. Aww eggs...it's a good things they are so inexpensive

Calorie wise, I'll be starting out around 2000 cals. That seems to be the edge of cutting/maintenance for my body. I currently am a bit over 200, which on my shakey knees is way to much. I will try to get in 4-6 meals a day, depending on the shedule for the day.

Workout wise, you can check out my journal in the over 35 section. Currently I lift 3 - 4 days a week, combining 2 heavy days with 2 high rep days. I do cardio when I can, but I certainly am not a big fan of cardio.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I am down 1 1/2 pounds....ya hoooo!!!! Always better than gaining 1 1/2 pounds, I say. Got a late start this morning, so all I was able to gobble down was a protein shake mixed with some olive oil. Later in the morning I grabbed some steak and eggs from Bob Evans. Had to be better than one of those Egg McMuffins from Mickey D's.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Well, another pound has melted off. Not sure were it went, as long as it gets away from me. I am eating at least 4 times a day, but I prefer 5 to 6. Sometimes, the events of the day make it so more frequent meals aren't possible. Basically, my meals are something like:

M1: 3 eggs, some cheese, sometimes some sausage.
    M2: 1 serving of protein shake with some almonds
    M3: Chicken breasts with the skin, and a salad consisting of eggs, bacon, sunflower seeds, some cheese.

M4: Almonds, protein shake.
    M5: Last night it was a 10 oz New York strip steak with some broccoli.

Downed some eggs and sausage for breakfast this morning. My 2 year old girl was a demon this morning, so I didn't get to make to the gym. Hopefully I can later on after work. Probably do another baked chicken breast for lunch, with the skin. Man, I need to start packing my lunch so I can have more variety.

So far, everything is in order. Had a pretty good weekend, diet wise. No cheating at all. Kept to the fat and protein protocal, which just a few veggies thrown in. Now waistline, I command you to shrink!

curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    geez...you are doing great.It looks like you and keto get along pretty well together! keep it coming!
    "motivation makes self control possible"

Originally Posted by curly-top318 View Post
    geez...you are doing great.It looks like you and keto get along pretty well together! keep it coming!
    Yeah, so far so good. The planning is the key, definately. This morning was a rush. Because of allergies and my 2 year old not sleeping well last night, I was late getting up. Basically no time to cook eggs. But I had a bag of frozen sausage links in the freezer as a stand by!

curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Boy do I know the feeling...my little one will be 2 next month and she is a night owl...the girl does not like to go to sleep until about 11pm. I have to get up at 4 to get to the gym by 5:00am......need sleep....
    I like to hard boil eggs on a sunday and keep them on standby in the fridge for moments like that...just chuck some in the lunch bag and you're good to go...keep up the good work.
    "motivation makes self control possible"

Originally Posted by curly-top318 View Post
    Boy do I know the feeling...my little one will be 2 next month and she is a night owl...the girl does not like to go to sleep until about 11pm. I have to get up at 4 to get to the gym by 5:00am......need sleep....
    I like to hard boil eggs on a sunday and keep them on standby in the fridge for moments like that...just chuck some in the lunch bag and you're good to go...keep up the good work.
    Our oldest, who is 8, is a night owl, like his mommy. Both of them, if they could stay up until 2am and sleep in until 10 or 11 everyday, they would be happy campers.

Diet still goes strong. Let's see if I can recount what I had yesterday:

1: 4 Sausage links
    2: Steak strips and a salad made up of eggs, bacon, ham, and some spinach.
    3: more steak strips and some almonds
    4: handfull of almonds
    5: Omlet with cheese, bacon and sausage

Wow...another 2.5 lbs for the month. That brings this months total to 7.5 lbs. All in all, I am pretty happy with that. As long as I stay focused and plan well, I should be able to keep going strong.

My first carb up will be Sunday. I decided to do a one day only carb up the first time, because knowing me if I extended it beyond that, I would be too tempted to break into the cookies and ice cream. I'll keep it pretty simple, sticking to oatmeal and berries, fruit, sweet potatoes, etc. The clean stuff, ya know.