Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000) Composed is a name known to all. (+5000)

I’m socially retarded. Sales?

Working on college degree, but need something that pays more in the shorter term. (currently an assistant manager at a retail spot) I live in FL and there are tons of sales jobs.

Problem is I’m socially retarded. Worth? Also looking for general tips for going into sales. See ya.

Zealot from the housetops PaulJerome's Avatar
    PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Composed View Post
    Working on college degree, but need something that pays more in the shorter term. (currently an assistant manager at a retail spot) I live in FL and there are tons of sales jobs.

Problem is I’m socially retarded. Worth? Also looking for general tips for going into sales. See ya.
    There are three sales styles (but most are a combination of two): hard sell, soft sell, and no sell

If you are socially awkward you will never do well with the 'soft sell'. The 'no sell' is only for those at the top of their game. That leaves you with the 'hard sell'

Hard sell is basically 'every no is one no closer to a yes' - the sales style that people abhor. Constant rejection and then the occasional sale is made only because you never gave up. Most people who do this version of sales drink heavily.

Conclusion: do not do sales
    6'5" 210 lbs, 10.9% body fat

Disagree with me, fine; but before calling me a fraudster click: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=185252663

Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PaulJerome View Post
    There are three sales styles (but most are a combination of two): hard sell, soft sell, and no sell

If you are socially awkward you will never do well with the 'soft sell'. The 'no sell' is only for those at the top of their game. That leaves you with the 'hard sell'

Hard sell is basically 'every no is one no closer to a yes' - the sales style that people abhor. Constant rejection and then the occasional sale is made only because you never gave up. Most people who do this version of sales drink heavily.

Conclusion: do not do sales
    Can confirm the drinking

24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000) 24HrParking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Phuck sales. Worst job unless its a really good product, non-saturated market and you have an ego/personality of Wolf of Wall Street.

Just get into corporate, start off doing admin and climb the ladder.
    “I hope death is like being carried to your bedroom when you were a child & fell asleep on the couch during a family party. I hope you can hear the laughter from the next room.”

Australian crew
    WFH crew
    Miscer since 2008 crew

YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000) YouNeedJesusNow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sales is easy.

If you are awkward than obviously the person who needs to be sold is you on whatever product you are selling.

Start with recording your sales pitch in the mirror several times.

Once you have it down and completely memorized then the next step is to imagine you're on an auditorium centerstage and selling your product to 1500 people in the audience. Pretend you are doing a presentation to all these people and imagine a loud applause at the end.

Once you feel comfortable then if your job requires you to talk person to person, then it should be no issue.

One of the main issues in sales is presenting the solution or product too early in the presentation.

How is a customer supposed to want the product if they don't know what the problem it's supposed to solve?

You're educating the customer and presenting the problem that the customer is facing.

Tell them why this problem is happening in the first place and sympathizing with their plight.

What is the current consequence of the problem they are experiencing

Then if this problem is not corrected, the ultimate consequence of not taking action.

Then reverse engineer your product/solution.

Educate the customer on what the solution category you recommend to the customer without naming your product/solution.

Reason why they need this solution

Benefits of said solution

Ultimate positive outcome

Then close with your specific product/solution and assume every aspect of closing the sale now they want your product/solution.

Most importantly in any job is to do it honestly.

Leviticus 19:11

"Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another."
    Break Addiction Today

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=184331113

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never done it, know some who have, and they are either social naturals at it, or otherwise they're always red faced and sweaty during/after a given important call or presentation.

Probably not fair to flat out state that all socially inept or unwilling individuals can't do sales. And I think I'd listen to PaulJerome's post for that.

But if I was in a "brainstorming phase" for attempting to find a new line of work best for me, and socializing were an issue, I'd lean into something else like IT (not helpdesk, but something more technical and specialized).

I think no matter what field you choose, you will find that unwillingness for socialization will be a hindrance for how far you can climb as far as job title and pay, unless you go into a more entrepreneurial route. I've met many who are unwilling for the social challenges and responsibilities, including myself tbh, and this keeps them at below $200k/yr by and large. If you want $200k+ you gotta be willing to delve into management and its responsibilities (presentations, difficult meetings with upper management and other teams, etc.).
    i7-14700k
    360mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Maingear)
    4080 SUPER Founder's Edition
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Everything I write is NOT financial advice.