Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Akd123 View Post
    Well good. I dont want it to end soon anyway after spending like 60 hours on the world map

Yeah i Remember Dollet well. Even Had the FF8 Demo disc with Brave Fencer Musashi. The music when your landing on Dollet in the demo was actually better than the game. Not sure what FF8 has to do with it though. That was a pretty linear game even by FF standards. There wasnt a lot to do when you get the Ragnarock
    I meant you have 1 more world map to do boyo lol. It's easier than cosmo and gongaga tho.

I didn't mean FF8 was more open world I just felt like it had more tense moments and the overall story has more sense of scale. In Rebirth so far there's nothing super major happening for the whole story, you're just going from place to place with your friends looking for Sephiroth. I like seeing the characters develop but it's missing set pieces and crazy chit happening that makes you feel nervous or on the edge of your seat.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post

One other comment I have about the game so far is it lacks in a huge world story. Like besides following Sephiroth around there's not many tense epic chit happening in the world.
    My understanding is that this is true to the OG for this part of the game, once you leave midgar you're just going around trying to figure chit out there's not any super big plot points for awhile.

I actually liked that vibe about it, most of the game is just a roadtrip with your friends and finding chit to do.

The robbed men are fuking hilarious to me for some reason too
    Manlet Master Race
    GigaIncel
    Fap Until Cum Blood
    NEETmaxxed
    Rudyrude Truther
    Rope 2024

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    Mirin the no life
    Mirin the patience for rehashed and samey open world concepts
    I really enjoyed it so much I wanted to do everything I could. Most of the 'samey' stuff is relatively quick and its an excuse to run around the map and keep bopping to the theme music if nothing else.
    Manlet Master Race
    GigaIncel
    Fap Until Cum Blood
    NEETmaxxed
    Rudyrude Truther
    Rope 2024

Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigBallsMcgee View Post
    My understanding is that this is true to the OG for this part of the game, once you leave midgar you're just going around trying to figure chit out there's not any super big plot points for awhile.

I actually liked that vibe about it, most of the game is just a roadtrip with your friends and finding chit to do.

I already said it before Nothing happens after Midgar until the end of the first disc in the OG and i assume thats how it is for Rebirth. I havent beat it yet so i dont know for sure

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yeah I'm not complaining too much, just being nitpicky. Story is very fun, I think I just personally like when open world involve the world a bit more. Like in Witcher 3 there's a huge war coming, then there's the Wild Hunt army destroying towns. Horizon has a major Civil War and a super advanced AI trying to destroy the world. Even FF Remake had the war with Shinra and the toppling of the plate.

Rebirth just lacks a sense of urgency imo.

Anyways date night with Tifa was great. She's the best mane, I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get her on the date. And just when I was in a really happy mood after the date I activate a new side quest that has me GO BACK TO THE SAUCER to get even higher scores on the minigames. God damn it, whyyyy. I really thought I was finally done

Also, Aerith's voice actor for her song sounded nothing like Aerith lol

awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000) awwchit2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yes welcome to a sandbox JRPG. The OG was the same.

I reached gongaga like 50 hours in. Savoring it. Doing all the intel I can.
    Look, i know i don't really know you and all, and i know you probably hear this like everyday, but your just so perfect to me. The few hours we talked were really great even if the convo was stale, your really pretty and chill, and your country thats just perfect :'D i really dont know how to explain it, but i think i have feelings for you somehow. i never felt like this with someone i just met, but i felt the need to get it off my chest. sorry for being all weird just idk how to explain it D:

Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Akd123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by awwchit2 View Post
    Yes welcome to a sandbox JRPG. The OG was the same.

I reached gongaga like 50 hours in. Savoring it. Doing all the intel I can.
    The OG was a sandbox? It sure wasnt.not even close

Man I got my ass whooped in the 2nd Gilgamesh trials. Spent some time leveling up my materia and hoping I can win tomorrow. Damn.

ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lawd idk if I have it in me for these updated minigames in ch. 12. Cleaned up everything heading into the saucer again but fuk man.
    US NAVY

Redskins/Buckeyes/Federer

I know no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark.

MAGA

Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Lawd idk if I have it in me for these updated minigames in ch. 12. Cleaned up everything heading into the saucer again but fuk man.
    I got some bad news. Hard mode minigames were extremely taxing, the chocobo races took hours. Some of the other challenges were really frustrating.

And a mini spoiler which I know you won't care about..Later on there's even a final side mission that has you return to a few of them again. Yes, AGAIN for a 3rd round of high scores. I finally finished that quest tonight. There's a few battle arena challenges and a bunch of VR ones but I'm not gonna bother. The Gilgamesh trials were rough and these last battle challenges are even worse. At least I finished all side quests, world activities and minigames.

I'm tapping out here. I had my fill of difficult challenges. Time to go on the last mission to the temple and finish out the story. 134 hours as of now. Great game but I'll look back on it in a bittersweet way imo. So many great moments, so many frustrating ones lol.

I've been thinking, my main team is Cloud, Tifa, Aerith. They are my favorite characters and I also prefer their abilities over the others. But besides Cloud, Barret is my favorite character to actually play. Why? Because I don't constantly have to be pressing square lol and compared to Aerith his bar fills up much faster.

Imo the gameplay would have been way more fun for me if holding square does the basic combo instead of having to tap it so many times. Esp when it comes to Tifa. I wish the game had a setting for that. Damn.

Man the last chapter was such a slog to get thru and wasn't fun at all. I also hated the ending with a passion. Gonna have to drop my overall score to a 7/10 and I still think that's generous and it's because I enjoyed the characters, music and I appreciate how many things they put into the game. Obviously there was alot of effort involved even though I didn't have the most fun with it.

It's been a long 150 hours but I've had enough and it's time to move on to something else tomorrow.

Thats too bad. im underwhelmed myself and im the biggest FF fan

Originally Posted by Akd123 View Post
    Thats too bad. im underwhelmed myself and im the biggest FF fan
    Yeah I guess after reviews came out I just let all the hype get to me.

I'm thinking back on it now and I think the part I had the most fun was from reaching Junon into Costa del Sol. Everything was so fresh back then.

Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    Yeah I guess after reviews came out I just let all the hype get to me.

I'm thinking back on it now and I think the part I had the most fun was from reaching Junon into Costa del Sol. Everything was so fresh back then.
    agreed. After Costa del Sol it kinda fell apart. I even paid $150 for the Deluxe Edition. Fuking scalpers
    Last edited by Akd123; Yesterday at 09:28 PM.