livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gained fat on lower than usual bulking calories

43/m. 6’ 182 up from 165. Can slightly still see my upper abs but im pretty uncomfortable with the amount of fat ive gained on my lower abs. I hate to cut my bulk short. I was hoping id get to around 190 or so before having to cut. I ended cut eating 1900 calories per day and slowly over time increased to around 2600. Protein was usually around 170g-180g but carbs and fats varied. Usually was higher fat. Should i avoid eating higher fat on a bulk and stick to higher carb? Or do some carb cycling or something?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What is your ratio of R.E.M. to non R.E.M. sleep?
    Funihe renal hoses in Cofevile Kasa. Washe/drye, ful kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boiermakes, ecticians, inpecors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plat, piplie and anmal fod plat conracos.

livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    What is your ratio of R.E.M. to non R.E.M. sleep?
    Hmm. Im not sure. I get ususally 7-8 hrs per night sleep

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    Hmm. Im not sure. I get ususally 7-8 hrs per night sleep
    I'm just trying to gather some research without euthanizing and dissecting another subject that is being held captive in my basement.

But my research on sleep may be flawed. I think that being held captive without consent can interfere with normal sleeping cycles.
    Funihe renal hoses in Cofevile Kasa. Washe/drye, ful kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boiermakes, ecticians, inpecors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plat, piplie and anmal fod plat conracos.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You’re probably falling in the gym. You can play around with your macros all you want, but if you’re not getting stronger during your bulk and/or doing a crappy program, your weight gain will just be fat - there’s no guarantee of meaningful muscle gain during a “bulk”.

I have a spot for you in my basement. There are some free weights and a cot to sleep on.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You’re probably falling in the gym. You can play around with your macros all you want, but if you’re not getting stronger during your bulk and/or doing a crappy program, your weight gain will just be fat - there’s no guarantee of meaningful muscle gain during a “bulk”.
    Last year i ran a couple Mindpump programs, then did Alex Bromleys Kong routine then Geoffrey Schofields Ravage routine on boostcamp. I made strength gains on all the exercises on those routines but they didnt do anything for my 1RM on my core lifts which there was a lack of in these programs. Mainly alot of machines, cables, higher rep stuff. So my barbell strength remained pretty much stagnant but cables and various machines i got stronger (smith hack squats , leg press, hammer strength chest stuff, tricep cable work, hamstring curls, pulldowns, etc)

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Last year i ran a couple Mindpump programs, then did Alex Bromleys Kong routine then Geoffrey Schofields Ravage routine on boostcamp. I made strength gains on all the exercises on those routines but they didnt do anything for my 1RM on my core lifts which there was a lack of in these programs. Mainly alot of machines, cables, higher rep stuff. So my barbell strength remained pretty much stagnant but cables and various machines i got stronger (smith hack squats , leg press, hammer strength chest stuff, tricep cable work, hamstring curls, pulldowns, etc)
    Strength is not measured by tricep cable work and hamstring curls.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Strength is not measured by tricep cable work and hamstring curls.
    Just saying i progressed on the program on the exercises listed in the program.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some fat gain is normal in a bulk, but too much might be a sign your diet is off or your training is off.

A routine based on machines and cables for the average Joe isn't as effective as a routine focused on freeweights. I'm not saying machines are bad... but they shouldn't be the focus. I know a lot of IG/Tik Tokers are going nuts for things like hack squats or v-squats or hammer strength machines now... and a big reason is the simple fact these machines were designed for these donkeys... modern machines allow you to stack weights that cool for mass audiences.

This combined with anabolics make the average natty think this is a way too success. Sad to say, it ain't true. A basic fullbody or basic split will be the most effective for 99% of the lifting community.

But again, could be many factors... including mental. Many guys get scared when they start bulking... then immediately cut again and just stay in limbo.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Just saying i progressed on the program on the exercises listed in the program.
    Might want to check my original response and your original reply to it again, in case it helps. No worries if it doesn’t.

Originally Posted by SuicideGripMe View Post
    Some fat gain is normal in a bulk, but too much might be a sign your diet is off or your training is off.

A routine based on machines and cables for the average Joe isn't as effective as a routine focused on freeweights. I'm not saying machines are bad... but they shouldn't be the focus. I know a lot of IG/Tik Tokers are going nuts for things like hack squats or v-squats or hammer strength machines now... and a big reason is the simple fact these machines were designed for these donkeys... modern machines allow you to stack weights that cool for mass audiences.

This combined with anabolics make the average natty think this is a way too success. Sad to say, it ain't true. A basic fullbody or basic split will be the most effective for 99% of the lifting community.

But again, could be many factors... including mental. Many guys get scared when they start bulking... then immediately cut again and just stay in limbo.
    Yeah i agree. There was some barbell and db work in the programs just not to the extent that ive done in the past. There was alot more isolation stuff in these routines involving machines, cables. And some of it was due to a couple injuries not able to do a few exercises so i chose machines instead. I switched recently to an U/L split with more barbell and db work. May just go back to a full body tho or something like texas method.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you made indeterminate progress in your training and you gained an indeterminate amount of fat in your bulk. Keep on trucking.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

i'm not going make fun of you on a public forum like I normally do. But just follow the intermediate Fierce 5 program. You can modify it.

I do a full body push, full body pull, rest a day or two and repeat. Same lifts as Fierce 5 with 5 more accessory lifts.

But I'm just a 56 year old wimpy, frail, innoculate, feeble, biofinancial, skookumcakes guy with no lifting ability. My avatar backs my claims.