jacqanow is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any advice for a young female aspiring bodybuilder with an odd schedule?

Hi all,

I am a 24 year old graduate student studying part time and working full time, 4 nights a week ( 12 hour night shifts) to maintain my expenses. The days I work change each week as I am on a 4 nights on, 4 nights off rotation. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on choosing the best time to train, how often to train, and how long to train for. My schedule is ever-so changing and most of my time is spent either in class, studying at the library or at work.

Since beginning my programme two months ago, I have been living a more sedentary life, although I have made attempts at consistently training on my days off but when you're running on a sleep deficit it can be incredibly challenging- also not knowing when to sleep or feeling sleepy at the wrong time (when I plan to study or train). Moreover, this is not a rant but needless to say, this drastic lifestyle change has resulted in my physique gradually changing for the worse and feeling lethargic almost all the time.

I do not want to give up the one thing that keeps me sane and gives me confidence! I would appreciate any tips on how to juggle all of this; if anyone has any advice please do share

Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile

Hey! Balancing grad school, work, and fitness is a real challenge, but major props for staying committed! Try squeezing in shorter, intense workouts on crazy days and save longer sessions for your off days. Morning or lunchtime workouts might be your lifesaver. And seriously, prioritize quality sleep on your breaks to tackle that sleep deficit. Stay consistent, be flexible, and listen to your body. You're rocking it!