Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up Secrets to Youth and Longevity.

This gentleman has it figured out. I share many of his principles and have for decades, the only thing I could add is fishing

Speaking of which, those fish aren't going to catch themselves.

Enjoy the short video folks, keep a grin on those chops and have an awesome day!

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great and amazing man. Thanks for posting
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Great and amazing man. Thanks for posting

He is a champ for sure. 28 years ago I would see this guy Cross country skiing on a remote lake that I used to ice fish, in order for him to get there it was about 15 miles from the nearest road (the way the crow flies) One day he came over to say hi, i guessed he was probably in his 50’s. I found out that the route he was skiing was about 30 miles. That was pretty impressive considering the terrain. It shocked me to learn that he was 82. In the warmer months I would run into him again in the middle of dog fuk nowhere on a mountain bike. The guy was an absolute beast and I thought to myself, I gotta be doing this stuff when I am his age. I think the secret is being active. Not just Lifting, that isn't enough in my opinion. You need to move a lot, hiking, skiing, playing sports, something more than picking things up and putting them down in the gym.

Anyway, here's another video if anyone gives a sh!t!

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy doody weed hoppers....

Incredible human, that's for sure.
    I tend to think his biggest "secret" is his great genetics that are very enviable.
    Unfortunately, the majority of us are not blessed with said genetics.

Have a great weekend gents!
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I think the secret is being active. Not just Lifting, that isn't enough in my opinion. You need to move a lot, hiking, skiing, playing sports, something more than picking things up and putting them down in the gym.

be]

Lifting is being active if you strive to do it everyday for longer and longer periods and using the legs and not sitting around on machines.

My goal is to do several hundred reps in the squat in one set. This will take another lifetime, regardless of the weight on the fuking bar.

Strive for tough goals doing what you love and your will allows you to live longer.

I’ve done 117# for 120reps in 2022. The rep goals won’t end there. The weight may be lighter or heavier, who knows, who cares.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

"Riley [LAST NAME]............"

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Lifting is being active if you strive to do it everyday for longer and longer periods and using the legs and not sitting around on machines.

My goal is to do several hundred reps in the squat in one set. This will take another lifetime, regardless of the weight on the fuking bar.

Strive for tough goals doing what you love and your will allows you to live longer.

I’ve done 117# for 120reps in 2022. The rep goals won’t end there. The weight may be lighter or heavier, who knows, who cares.
    Lifting is indeed an activity and if that works for you, that is all that really matters. I am happy for you. I along with many others don't consider slinging steel to be enough. Perhaps it is for you but you would probably be in the minority of the people I have trained with over the years. I have always been into sports so most of those people were lifters.

My hobbies all include physical endurance to some degree and I like to do at least one of them every day, be it cycling, hiking, x country skiing, snowshoeing, volleyball, Hiking and the list goes on.(I have many) I have been doing this for decades, it's part of me. If I just need a few things from the grocery store, I will throw on a backpack and hike the round trip. Many times people stop and ask me if I want a ride and I explain to them it's my exercise. I must have told everyone because folks rarely ask me anymore. Just a big old smile, wave or thumbs up lol.

I just had my annual Physical and the doctor who is also a lifter said that my level of fitness is the reason that I have no aches, pains, joint issues etc.. and not on any medications. I can 100% guarantee you that I would not have this level of fitness with lifting alone, it wouldn't matter how hard I trained.

Running cross country, or doing a half marathon, or playing a sport is a whole different ball game than squatting, deading or benching. Lifting is in my blood, I love it but one can only spend so much time in the gym before you reach diminishing returns, so I love to do endurance stuff during my rest/recovery time, hit those, muscles, tendons and joints with something different besides lifting, it's so much fun. I just got back from a 2 hour bike ride, when people say they hate cardio. I just tell them they are doing it all wrong, it doesn't have to be work. It is fun!

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Howdy doody weed hoppers....

Incredible human, that's for sure.
    I tend to think his biggest "secret" is his great genetics that are very enviable.
    Unfortunately, the majority of us are not blessed with said genetics.

Have a great weekend gents!

Howdy Wayne thanks for chiming in my friend.

You are absolutely correct, genetics are a major contributing factor.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 05-06-2023 at 02:50 PM.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lifting is indeed an activity and if that works for you, that is all that really matters. I am happy for you. I along with many others don't consider slinging steel to be enough. Perhaps it is for you but you would probably be in the minority of the people I have trained with over the years. I have always been into sports so most of those people were lifters.

My hobbies all include physical endurance to some degree and I like to do at least one of them every day, be it cycling, hiking, x country skiing, snowshoeing, volleyball, Hiking and the list goes on.(I have many) I have been doing this for decades, it's part of me. If I just need a few things from the grocery store, I will throw on a backpack and hike the round trip. Many times people stop and ask me if I want a ride and I explain to them it's my exercise. I must have told everyone because folks rarely ask me anymore. Just a big old smile, wave or thumbs up lol.

I just had my annual Physical and the doctor who is also a lifter said that my level of fitness is the reason that I have no aches, pains, joint issues etc.. and not on any medications. I can 100% guarantee you that I would not have this level of fitness with lifting alone, it wouldn't matter how hard I trained.

Running cross country, or doing a half marathon, or playing a sport is a whole different ball game than squatting, deading or benching. Lifting is in my blood, I love it but one can only spend so much time in the gym before you reach diminishing returns, so I love to do endurance stuff during my rest/recovery time, hit those, muscles, tendons and joints with something different besides lifting, it's so much fun. I just got back from a 2 hour bike ride, when people say they hate cardio. I just tell them they are doing it all wrong, it doesn't have to be work. It is fun.

If someone wakes up every day and squats an empty bar for an hour, that’s enough if not more (it’s definitely harder) than going for a hike, ski, or volleyball game.

Your actually at a much higher risk of injury skiing which will cause pain but I still wouldn’t discourage someone from skiing if that’s their thing to stay in shape.

I’ll see you 25 years from now and still tell the same regarding squatting an empty bar. Some of us have no where to hike at.

If someone wakes up every day and squats an empty bar for an hour, that’s enough if not more (it’s definitely harder) than going for a hike, ski, or volleyball game.

Your actually at a much higher risk of injury skiing which will cause pain but I still wouldn’t discourage someone from skiing if that’s their thing to stay in shape.

I’ll see you 25 years from now and still tell the same regarding squatting an empty bar. Some of us have no where to hike at.
    Squat an empty bar for an hour X 365 days...Yeah ok. LMAO

Have you ever played beach Volley ball or cross country skied?

I am not worried about getting an injury. Not going to sit in a recliner out of fear.

Hell, I competed in Martial arts and played hockey for many years I can handle a little skiing, don't worry about me getting a boo boo. If I get hurt I'll deal with it.

Like I said, if lifting only, works for you, good for you. It's not for me though.

It's unfortunate that you don't have a place to hike.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Exercise is no doubt beneficial, but feasting on blood of the innocents could be an option as well. Just wanted to point this out in case we have some old vampires in here.
    https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...rinking-blood/

I am not worried about getting an injury. Not going to sit in a recliner out of fear.

Hell, I competed in Martial arts and played hockey for many years I can handle a little skiing, don't worry about me getting a boo boo. If I get hurt I'll deal with it.

Like I said, if lifting only, works for you, good for you. It's not for me though.

It's unfortunate that you don't have a place to hike.

I’d rather squat than walk around and hike. In my old area I walked my two dogs for at least two hours nonstop rain/snow/shine. It was no big deal compared to lots of squats.

And yeah that works great for me. Yes I’ve played beach volley ball, who hasn’t. Don’t care for it. Someone this board blew their knee out playing volleyball, not worth it!

I find it odd that you tell a story about an old man doing things that are amazing that most can’t do, then you LMAO and dis believe on squatting an empty bar for an hour, WTF, that’s why I think a joke, anyone can do that if that’s their thing.

Here you are, volley ball and sking are holier than Thou......

It’s all good stuff. I don’t even consider someone doing 100s and 100s of bar squats a “lifter” but it’s all great exercise that is the fountain of youth.

I met a 90 year old guy who break anyone’s fuking hand, he could move fast etc. he used this big spring heavy tool like a heavy duty lock cutter and told us he’d squeeze it for a 1,000 reps every day, fuker was a beast.

It’s all about what you want to do, you make it happen.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a theory that like a healthy balanced diet requires variety, so does exercise and activity...

Strength 1 rep max
    Muscle endurance
    Explosive moves
    Cardio liss
    Cardio intervals
    Flexibility
    Just keep active a LOT, jogging, rucking, walking, cycling whatever floats your boat
    Breathing exercises, slow and controlled
    Some kind of highly physically-skilled movements (martial arts, climbing, whatever)
    Some kind of highly mentally-skilled physical activity (diving, mine exploring, glider\sailplane flying, mountaineering, again... whatever floats your boat)

Can't say I'm getting it right myself, or that I'm getting enough healthy variety in diet or all the exercise and activity types above, but I aspire to this.

Everyone I know who's done remarkably well in age has covered a great many of the above types, not only one or two categories from the list. I'll let you know in another 20 years how it's going!

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I have a theory that like a healthy balanced diet requires variety, so does exercise and activity...

Strength 1 rep max
    Muscle endurance
    Explosive moves
    Cardio liss
    Cardio intervals
    Flexibility
    Just keep active a LOT, jogging, rucking, walking, cycling whatever floats your boat
    Some kind of highly physically-skilled movements (martial arts, climbing, whatever)
    Some kind of highly mentally-skilled physical activity (diving, mine exploring, glider\sailplane flying, mountaineering, again... whatever floats your boat)

Can't say I'm getting it right myself, or that I'm getting enough healthy variety in diet or all the exercise and activity types above, but I aspire to this.

Everyone I know who's done remarkably well in age has covered a great many of the above types, not only one or two categories from the list. I'll let you know in another 20 years how it's going!

You left out “building boulder statues”.

One of the guys I knew from old-time strongman (he’s like 10-15years older than me) has been while on his hikes gathering boulders and stacking them up. So you have lift them carry and stack and find ones that will stack correctly.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just make sure your arteries are clear before you try Lou's plan, or you will be in for a sudden surprise.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Just make sure your arteries are clear before you try Lou's plan, or you will be in for a sudden surprise.
    Fact ben

Firstly, I am only speaking for myself, others may have a different viewpoint.

You are totally missing the point, physical activities outside of lifting don’t necessarily have to be harder than lifting, however. they can be.

Additionally, they aren’t meant to replace lifting; they are in addition to it and In my case it’s fun stuff to increase my overall fitness level and flexibility.

So your comment about squatting being more difficult is a moot point considering we are talking about extra activities outside of lifting. Extra activities or sports may not be your thing and that’s ok. It can be demanding at times and definitely not for everyone for whatever reason. I like moving my body.

I believe the body will adapt to the same repetitive movements to a certain degree, this is why I like to mix things up a lot and my other activities help accomplish better than just lifting. I discovered crossfit over a year ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. So much diversity in exercises that promotes endurance. It is right up my alley. Crossfitters are an elite group imo and are fitter endurance wise than bodybuilders that only lift, simply because of the way they train. I even purchased a set of gymnastic rings that I can mess around with as an additional activity, those suckers are no joke.

Again, none of this stuff has ever replaced my lifting. It's a part of my life just like brushing my teeth every morning, however, I know for a fact that I am healthier with these additional activities than I would be just lifting. Will it give me longevity? Who knows, time will tell, after all I could be attacked by a moose or bear tomorrow, but I believe I am reaping some benefits from it and probably stacking the odds in my favor, and if that isn’t the case, I am still having a blast and doing what I enjoy. Today's fun activity was a 4 hour hike into a remote lake to do a little fishing. We even had a steak and baked potato cooked over an open fire. These types of activities are great for the body and mind as well as a peaceful way to spend quality time.

You mentioned getting injured in 2 recent posts. Are you that afraid of injury that it would prevent you from different sorts of activities?
    The Skiing and Beach Volleyball you mentioned are actually some of the lesser injury prone activities that I do. I stand a much bigger chance and more severe injury when ripping around on the trails on my dirt bike or mountain bike. I won’t refrain from any sport out of fear of being injured.

Maybe you can find something you can do with Bubble wrap to protect your delicate self.

Happy Squatting

100 %, variety is the spice of life

Strength 1 rep max
    Muscle endurance
    Explosive moves
    Cardio liss
    Cardio intervals
    Flexibility

Very solid post Tom and I agree with you.

Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    Exercise is no doubt beneficial, but feasting on blood of the innocents could be an option as well. Just wanted to point this out in case we have some old vampires in here.
    https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...rinking-blood/
    LOL Steffo, When I was in the arctic, the inuit would save the blood from the seals and make blood pudding. Seal meat is a super food and one of the most nutritious meats on the planet. So i'll take mine in pudding form and fried up in a cast iron pan instead of one big gulp lol

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ...blood pudding
    It's pretty common here as well (but from pig I think) - picked some up about an hour ago. We slice it up and fry it a bit, then it's much like eating a pancake. Lingonberry jam is common to put on top - got lucky and found a low sugar kind now that I'm doing keto.

It's pretty common here as well (but from pig I think) - picked some up about an hour ago. We slice it up and fry it a bit, then it's much like eating a pancake. Lingonberry jam is common to put on top - got lucky and found a low sugar kind now that I'm doing keto.

That's it lol.. My mother lived on the stuff...

Good score on the low sugar jam

That's it lol.. My mother lived on the stuff...
    Smart woman. I thought we were fairly alone in eating this stuff, lol.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Smart woman. I thought we were fairly alone in eating this stuff, lol.
    No, in UK it's called black pudding and usually a little barley is mixed into it. Not so popular in Southern England but rest of UK it's traditional, especially as part of a fried breakfast

Fact ben

Firstly, I am only speaking for myself, others may have a different viewpoint.

You are totally missing the point, physical activities outside of lifting don’t necessarily have to be harder than lifting, however. they can be.

Additionally, they aren’t meant to replace lifting; they are in addition to it and In my case it’s fun stuff to increase my overall fitness level and flexibility.

So your comment about squatting being more difficult is a moot point considering we are talking about extra activities outside of lifting. Extra activities or sports may not be your thing and that’s ok. It can be demanding at times and definitely not for everyone for whatever reason. I like moving my body.

I believe the body will adapt to the same repetitive movements to a certain degree, this is why I like to mix things up a lot and my other activities help accomplish better than just lifting. I discovered crossfit over a year ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. So much diversity in exercises that promotes endurance. It is right up my alley. Crossfitters are an elite group imo and are fitter endurance wise than bodybuilders that only lift, simply because of the way they train. I even purchased a set of gymnastic rings that I can mess around with as an additional activity, those suckers are no joke.

Again, none of this stuff has ever replaced my lifting. It's a part of my life just like brushing my teeth every morning, however, I know for a fact that I am healthier with these additional activities than I would be just lifting. Will it give me longevity? Who knows, time will tell, after all I could be attacked by a moose or bear tomorrow, but I believe I am reaping some benefits from it and probably stacking the odds in my favor, and if that isn’t the case, I am still having a blast and doing what I enjoy. Today's fun activity was a 4 hour hike into a remote lake to do a little fishing. We even had a steak and baked potato cooked over an open fire. These types of activities are great for the body and mind as well as a peaceful way to spend quality time.

You mentioned getting injured in 2 recent posts. Are you that afraid of injury that it would prevent you from different sorts of activities?
    The Skiing and Beach Volleyball you mentioned are actually some of the lesser injury prone activities that I do. I stand a much bigger chance and more severe injury when ripping around on the trails on my dirt bike or mountain bike. I won’t refrain from any sport out of fear of being injured.

WTF is it with you? Didn’t you even get what you said here was my point? Geesh.

As for getting injured, anything in life can injure you. I don’t like volleyball or sking and to me it isn’t fun at all, hence I’d rather get injured doing something I enjoy. If I blew out one knee, then I’d do one legged squats.

I don’t believe light squats will ever injure me though. So if I blew out a knee doing something I wasn’t interested in like volley ball I’d still do whatever I had to do to continue squats.

I just mentioned injures because everyone and their fuking mom gets hurt skiing (except king chit Pockets of course). Lifting weights is frowned upon and looked at as dangerous yet all the dip****s break their bones on the slopes. I’m talking in the normal world here, not Pockets world so don’t read into too much there, king chit!

Someone's not having a good day.

Don't blow an artery man.. Bubble wrap can't fix that.

Who said anything about lifting weights being frowned up?

Certainly not me. I love lifting, I am in the gym almost every morning doing my thing.

Now pick up that lip, you're being a crusty old man already, if this keeps up you won't be fit to live with by the time you're 60.

Happy Squatting, you should practice 1 legged squats, you never know.

Guys I have figured out the ultimate plan for me for longivety.

Once I retire I will treck the 50+ miles to the nearest beach and see who wants to play volleyball.

Then I will treck the 200+ miles up north to the slopes (we didn’t even get an inch of snow this year).

Maybe I will strap my bar with me on the trek.

I’m wondering how many bums and thugs I’ll hsve to kick azz on my way, that will be my martial arts workout.

Can’t wait!!!!

All in fun post, guys.

It's **** Trek**** though.. Gotta get the lingo down if you are going to walk the walk.

That's the spirit, much more fun than doing squats in a garage. Your BP will appreciate the relaxation.

I am glad you shook the crusty old man thing, that was a bad look.

It's **** Trek**** though.. Gotta get the lingo down if you are going to walk the walk.

That's the spirit, much more fun than doing squats in a garage. Your BP will appreciate the relaxation.

I am glad you shook the crusty old man thing, that was a bad look.

I did say Trek on my final typing of the word, I didn’t feel like fuking correcting it. Some people are smart enough to know what l meant.

So where does bodybuilding fit in that adventure, I still want my muscles to grow dude, there isn’t much game to hunt in some of these places and well there are regulations too that I’m not too familiar with?

Wait, maybe my muscles will grow with one meal a day and PROPER intense training!

I did say Trek on my final typing of the word, I didn’t feel like fuking correcting it. Some people are smart enough to know what l meant.

So where does bodybuilding fit in that adventure, I still want my muscles to grow dude, there isn’t much game to hunt in some of these places and well there are regulations too that I’m not too familiar with?

Wait, maybe my muscles will grow with one meal a day and PROPER intense training!

Many people do great on OMAD, there are a few here that I know of doing OMAD and they do fine. Some even claim it is a healthier approach.

I can't do it though. Because of my activity level I eat a sh!tload of calories and I find it easier to eat every few hours to meet my daily macros.

Many people do great on OMAD, there are a few here that I know of doing OMAD and they do fine. Some even claim it is a healthier approach.

I can't do it though. Because of my activity level I eat a sh!tload of calories and I find it easier to eat every few hours to meet my daily macros.

OMAD kinda contradicts this whole growth happens when eating nonsense as there is a LONG window without food.

Again I say, there is not much game or fishing in these areas how can I be sure and even predict I’d be getting enough? Come on man.........

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this whole growth happens when eating nonsense as there is a LONG window without food.

don't make up sh!t to fit your rant (I'd say argument but that would be incorrect)
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

OMAD kinda contradicts this whole growth happens when eating nonsense as there is a LONG window without food..
    You will have to talk to someone who is more knowledgeable about OMAD than me, I have no interest in doing it so I never researched it. Like I said I do know a couple of people who are doing it. They don't go long periods without food after training. They actually train towards the end of their fast, and from what I gather nutrient timing is key.

Start a thread about it, there are many up to speed on it, or just do a little research.

Again I say, there is not much game or fishing in these areas how can I be sure and even predict I’d be getting enough? Come on man........
    If you can't secure adequate protein/ carb/ fat sources, the way I see you have 3 options.

1. Pack it in
    2. go to another area
    3. do without.

This stuff isn't rocket science and It's quite obvious what you are doing. I will preface this with. I will not turn this thread into a sh!tstorm of your nonsense. You have a gazillion threads arguing these points of common knowledge, argue it over there. I will even provide links so you can click and go.

LWW's Nonsense/Troll threads

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=183439823

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=183392153

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=183406693

Today's activity will be a cross country run with a couple of friends from the gym. Rumor has it that there will be a x country race towards the end of June so I will run once a week until then. I am not a serious X country runner but I have competed a few times and enjoy the atmosphere and comradery.

Have a great morning peeps and Happy Monday!

I never researched it.

what I gather nutrient timing is key.
    !

arm chair talk.

This is something that I 100% believe in and consider to be the best exercise anyone can do to promote a healthy lifestyle. I walk a sh!t ton and always have, although I reap the benefits of walking but TBH I do it because I find it pleasurable, especially walking in the bush. Don't put me on a treadmill though, despite walking/hiking for sometimes 8 hours on longer treks on multi day hikes. I won't last 10 minutes on a treadmill. It just bores the sh!t outta me.

Any of you guys/gals walk daily?