Thread: Bench, BB & DBs

waynede1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench, BB & DBs

Hello,

A 35 year old who is looking to tone up a little, and have recently gained access to a bench, BB & DBs of weights up to 50kg currently.

Some background I have always been into sports but in the last few years I have had ACL reconstruction along with breaking my foot.

I am looking to get some advice on a workout program with the above equipment to help maximise strength gains and tone up.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by waynede1986 View Post
    Hello,

A 35 year old who is looking to tone up a little, and have recently gained access to a bench, BB & DBs of weights up to 50kg currently.

Some background I have always been into sports but in the last few years I have had ACL reconstruction along with breaking my foot.

I am looking to get some advice on a workout program with the above equipment to help maximise strength gains and tone up.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Dumbbells. I've gotten the most benefit from that. I don't even do barbell bench anymore. Granted, I've acclimated to lifting heavy dumbbells, which isn't exactly recommended for someone starting out, so you'll want some barbell work. My biggest advice, would be to read up on Pavel Tsatsouline. I'm not big on Kettle-bells, but his understanding of working out is the best there is. I now use his staggering cycle, reducing weight between each lift day, before resetting to higher weights, and that's helped a lot, in strengthening ligaments and tendons. He also talks about reducing sets to 3 or 4 per workout, which also helps recover.