Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In these two pics I was 185lbs roughly 8% BF, while I am pretty ripped I was small

On the list for Bannukah

machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500) machtec is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There you go, I definitely think you look better there then fat and smooth. But I get it, it’s a mind Fuch being smaller in clothes.

[QUOTE=bodyhard;1661811603]In these two pics I was 185lbs roughly 8% BF, while I am pretty ripped I was small

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by machtec View Post
    There you go, I definitely think you look better there then fat and smooth. But I get it, it’s a mind Fuch being smaller in clothes.
    Yeah when I put on clothes I look small

I would like to have a build like ID.

I think I need to do some serious "Vitamins"
    On the list for Bannukah

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I disagree on the explosive training being the may driver of myofibril hypertrophy. Just good old progressive overload with 'heavy' weight. But I can also see BH point. At this stage in the game, attempting to change this may have more negatives than positives.
    Seconded, but I would take it further to say that any resistance training where you are getting close to failure within reasonable hypertrophy rep ranges (let's say 25 reps and under to be conservative) is driving myofibrilar hypertrophy. There is just no clear evidence that certain types of training drive sarcoplasmic versus myofibrilar.

John, I'm not sure why you were surprised that many people preferred you when you were leaner. It could just be the photo angles but you had a more noticeable v-taper there where now you look like a fridge. Nothing wrong with either look depending on your goals but the leaner photos are more traditionally seen as aesthetic.

nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikonD70s has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    U look better swole op no homo. Yeah if u not gaining weight it's cuz you're not eating enough. U may think you're eating enough but you're not. Working out is easy. But eating and eating is the hardest part for me when it comes down to bodybuilding. Now that I'm in the 35+ crew. I realized my diet plays a bigger part than ever.

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    Seconded, but I would take it further to say that any resistance training where you are getting close to failure within reasonable hypertrophy rep ranges (let's say 25 reps and under to be conservative) is driving myofibrilar hypertrophy. There is just no clear evidence that certain types of training drive sarcoplasmic versus myofibrilar.

John, I'm not sure why you were surprised that many people preferred you when you were leaner. It could just be the photo angles but you had a more noticeable v-taper there where now you look like a fridge. Nothing wrong with either look depending on your goals but the leaner photos are more traditionally seen as aesthetic.
    But look how small my arms and shoulders look. Of course I like to have the V shape and eventually I'll get there, but I hate not having mass. It's hard to drop bf and keep muscle.

Originally Posted by nikonD70s View Post
    U look better swole op no homo. Yeah if u not gaining weight it's cuz you're not eating enough. U may think you're eating enough but you're not. Working out is easy. But eating and eating is the hardest part for me when it comes down to bodybuilding. Now that I'm in the 35+ crew. I realized my diet plays a bigger part than ever.
    Definitely have to continue eating everyday
    On the list for Bannukah

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I recall you having to take time off on several occasions, that doesn't help. Although you gain it back fast. In addition to the time off there is also time spent rebuilding.

I am confident that your progression would have been better and you would have gained more mass had you not had these little speed bumps in the road and been able to train consistently.
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I recall you having to take time off on several occasions, that doesn't help. Although you gain it back fast. In addition to the time off there is also time spent rebuilding.

I am confident that your progression would have been better and you would have gained more mass had you not had these little speed bumps in the road and been able to train consistently.
    Definitely

I took these pics some years ago when I was suffering from anxiety and was getting heart palpitations, (I had a heart monitor on me that is why you see I look like Frankenstein) look how skinny I was and then how I gain some size back. I was accused of using tons of steroids

On the list for Bannukah

Also I just want to make it clear, this post wasn't about complaining, just trying to reinforce the notion that nutrition (aside from AS of course) is the key factor in gaining or losing size.
    Last edited by bodyhard; 05-25-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    On the list for Bannukah