justinrazavi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adjustable Bench + Leg Extension + Preacher Curl

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an adjustable bench, that has options to attach leg extension and preacher curl pieces?

I am thinking of getting this one: Inspire Fitness SCS Bench (Flat - Incline - Decline) - (B00YI7TK7A on Amazon.com)

I have seen it in person and it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. However, it is a bit pricier than other options I've seen online.
    Does anyone have a bench like this they've used and can vouch for? Thank you.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are a number of people here who are fans of the Ironmaster super bench pro. I am not sure if it has preacher curls but it has a leg extension attachment.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    There are a number of people here who are fans of the Ironmaster super bench pro. I am not sure if it has preacher curls but it has a leg extension attachment.
    It does have preacher curl. Haven't used that attachment but I think the one complaint is the bar catch is pretty small. Looking at pics, I think that's a valid concern. Price seems steep to me and availability is questionable as well.

Preacher attachment aside, I really like my IM Super Bench Pro in general and give it a strong recommendation.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I also have the IM Super Bench Pro and love it. The leg extension/leg curl attachment works reasonably well, certainly well enough for me that I will not consider purchasing a separate leg extension/curl machine. I do not have the preacher attachment. I simply use dumbbells and do preachers one arm at a time with the bench itself in an incline position.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had the full iron master bench set up, the original one. The leg extension is very lightly made, and is only rated for 200lb. Loading it with 4x45s, made it feel like the 3/8”? bolt was going to shear. The preacher curl attachment is pure crap. The 6”ish catch is a good way to get hit in face with a bar.

Ironmaster’s bench stuff is the equivalent to the nicer stuff at Dick’s and the like. Their dumbbells on the other hand, seem like they come from a much higher end company.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    I had the full iron master bench set up, the original one. The leg extension is very lightly made, and is only rated for 200lb. Loading it with 4x45s, made it feel like the 3/8”? bolt was going to shear. The preacher curl attachment is pure crap. The 6”ish catch is a good way to get hit in face with a bar.

Ironmaster’s bench stuff is the equivalent to the nicer stuff at Dick’s and the like. Their dumbbells on the other hand, seem like they come from a much higher end company.
    With the super bench pro there is still a 200 pound limit but I've loaded it with 180 pounds dozens of times with no issues. It is easy enough to do them one-legged with lighter weight if needed, which I also do fairly frequently. Definitely not perfect but serviceable. The leg curl portion has the issue where the weight "unloads" at the top, so the very end of the range of motion is not resisted.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I also have the IM Super Bench Pro and love it. The leg extension/leg curl attachment works reasonably well, certainly well enough for me that I will not consider purchasing a separate leg extension/curl machine. I do not have the preacher attachment. I simply use dumbbells and do preachers one arm at a time with the bench itself in an incline position.
    Same for me. The one downfall is the leg curl attachment is rated for 200 lbs. That's definitely not an issue for leg curls but I'd like it to be able to go higher for leg extensions...can always go higher reps if need be or push it beyond but I don't have a ton of faith in the bar that has the pads for leg extensions May just be my paranoia
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got SuperBench Pro with the preacher attachment. I have a dedicated leg ext/curl machine so I doubt I'll ever get that attachment. I have no issues with preacher curl. The padding is a little thin and yes the bar holder is narrow. However I've never felt unsafe with my EZ Curl bar in there. You have to either load the plates on the ground or be sure to load them at the same time if the empty bar is in the holder. I had an older PowerTec FID with the preacher attachment and it also had a narrow holder, so I've been used to it for the last several years.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For the same price as the Ironmaster Preacher Curl attachment, I'd be more inclined to go with this:

https://abmat.com/products/preacher-pad

It's definitely expensive for a pad, but also more flexible. Plus, Adam (GamecockLifter) posts here.

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    For the same price as the Ironmaster Preacher Curl attachment, I'd be more inclined to go with this:

It's definitely expensive for a pad, but also more flexible. Plus, Adam (GamecockLifter) posts here.
    Thanks, bud!

justinrazavi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you all for the feedback! Happy Holidays!

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post

Interesting piece. Lots of versatility. The only thing I like about the IM preacher attachment is it doubles as a short back utility bench for overhead tricep movements of it you like to lean back a bit on seated military presses.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181