Page 197 of 242 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 7255
    JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Hot off the presses the third Pfizer vaccine will protect you from omicron. The first two “jabs”won’t, but the third certainly will, even though it is the same as the first two.
    The wording I saw this morning on the Associated Press website read the Pfizer CEO said a booster "may" protect you from the Omicron strain. Made me laugh.
    Based on evidence yet to be discovered I guess.
    Could you define ______ for me, please?

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Hot off the presses the third Pfizer vaccine will protect you from omicron. The first two “jabs”won’t, but the third certainly will, even though it is the same as the first two.
    In truth, they'd say we're going to jab you again and we aren't sure, within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, what's going to happen to you.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jbizzlechizzle View Post
    Conservatives love bringing up big cities in their arguments. I know a lot about Baltimore, I live an hour from there and have family there. The city has problems, but guess what, it's mostly a safe and reasonable place outside of a few troubled areas, just like all of the other big cities. Do you have any ideas about how to fix the situation in big cities? I'd love to hear them.

When talking about places with issues/violence, why don't we ever bring up the rural towns that have been ravaged by poverty and Oxycontin/********/Heroin addiction? Because those towns don't fit the narrative and are mostly aligned with right-leaning ideologies. Why don't we do something to fix the school shootings that have killed more children than every military conflict we've been in since the Vietnam war?

I know about rural areas with drug problems, they aren't even close to as dangerous as the city. The solution is when someone robs a store, or car jacks they must not get out on bail reform. I guess you are blind and don't see what's happening. If you think you will rid all crime and criminals, your as stupid as Mayor Scott. There are bad people and when they steal and rob, they need to be locked up, I know it's sad for them, but there is no other way.

And since you seem to luv democracy so much, I don't what's so great about majority rules? All it takes is 17 million idiots to destroy a good thing.

Fix school shooting = have a classroom of rifles, the old-time rural communities did that, guess what, it worked .

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I watch as much Fox News as I do MSNBC and I don't watch either of them much. You sound like a far right neo-liberal and everything you just stated sounds like a Tucker Carlson, OAN, or NewsMax opening rant. I actually read books, I've been studying history for a couple of years now. I don't get my news from one source. I'm a free thinker. I would like to live in a better society.

I've been doing nothing but posting truth-burgers. If you understood politics around the world, you would understand that even the most conservative countries in the world have political views more similar to the US Democratic party. Our Right-wing is so far right, it's bordering on authoritarianism (Jan 6th anyone). I'm not a Marxist. I believe in a social democracy, not a system where we completely punish and erode the middle class at all costs. Without a strong middle class and the elimination of poverty, we're doomed. Capitalism done right is ok by me, but if we're going to continue the trickle down economics thinking we're going to end up with a crazy right-wing king that will never relinquish power. Corporations have too much power politically. Remove the corporate bribery from politics and we'll get back to where we need to be politically in this country, but many are too blind to see it. Money has always been the root of all evil.

So, I assume, you think the country is just fine on it's current path? What would you do to improve society? I'm honestly curious because I haven't heard any new ideas from the right since the 80s and most of those ideas are why we're in the situation we're in today.

Anyway, back to the vaccine talk (after your response of course).
    Wrong on all accounts on me. It's not what or who you listen to. It's what you actually believe is true. You dove-tailed right into the Marxist equation and followthe super-partisan road. I am an Independent and I can agree with a democrat and I can agree with a Republican. I have liberal beliefs, as well as conservative beliefs. I have never watched OAN. But, again, it's what I watch. It is what I believe.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Fix school shooting = have a classroom of rifles, the old-time rural communities did that, guess what, it worked .

Anyone else impressed by this one?

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    Anyone else impressed by this one?
    Yes. It is logical that a punk shooter would be less likely to even bring a gun into a school if he knew a couple hundred other students could get access to weapons quickly.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll keep my houses, but thanks. I'll also continue to do the important community work that I do in the town that I live to give back. That's the best I can do for now to make sure I'm able to comfortably retire.
    Don't be disingenuous then. If you want to point out the problem but not do anything to fix it, then it's all talk.

I'm not too naive to understand that tribes have conflicts and take land from one another. Of course, this has happened throughout history. Colonialism is a different story. Can you name another situation where 1) 90 million natives were killed 2) 50 million slaves died in the slave trade, and those who survived were forced into free labor, and 3) the natives were essentially replaced by colonizers and other immigrants?
    Allow me to introduce you to the United Kingdom. Here is what they have to say about that.

India alone claims that over 1.8 billion Indians died due to deprivation, indentured servitude, etc. while they were under the control of the British.
    Last edited by GrouchyUSMC; 12-08-2021 at 11:22 PM.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Who has two thumbs and is not surprised? This guy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/h...e=articleShare

"The Coronavirus Attacks Fat Tissues, Scientists Find"

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Who has two thumbs and is not surprised? This guy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/h...e=articleShare

"The Coronavirus Attacks Fat Tissues, Scientists Find"
    We were discussing this at the medical center I worked at before the plandemic even started.

Seems like every "conspiracy theory" I've heard has turned out to be true.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Wrong on all accounts on me. It's not what or who you listen to. It's what you actually believe is true. You dove-tailed right into the Marxist equation and followthe super-partisan road. I am an Independent and I can agree with a democrat and I can agree with a Republican. I have liberal beliefs, as well as conservative beliefs. I have never watched OAN. But, again, it's what I watch. It is what I believe.
    I actually listen to a black radio talk station in baltimore, bjizz most likely knows who it is fachi or something like that, the caller base usually points to racists excuses still. Pretty sad when there is black controlled everything and they still cant see the whose stealing all the money. I always get a chuckle from callers who say they will never leave behind their people in the hood.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I watch as much Fox News as I do MSNBC and I don't watch either of them much. You sound like a far right neo-liberal and everything you just stated sounds like a Tucker Carlson, OAN, or NewsMax opening rant. I actually read books, I've been studying history for a couple of years now. I don't get my news from one source. I'm a free thinker. I would like to live in a better society.

I've been doing nothing but posting truth-burgers. If you understood politics around the world, you would understand that even the most conservative countries in the world have political views more similar to the US Democratic party. Our Right-wing is so far right, it's bordering on authoritarianism (Jan 6th anyone). I'm not a Marxist. I believe in a social democracy, not a system where we completely punish and erode the middle class at all costs. Without a strong middle class and the elimination of poverty, we're doomed. Capitalism done right is ok by me, but if we're going to continue the trickle down economics thinking we're going to end up with a crazy right-wing king that will never relinquish power. Corporations have too much power politically. Remove the corporate bribery from politics and we'll get back to where we need to be politically in this country, but many are too blind to see it. Money has always been the root of all evil.

So, I assume, you think the country is just fine on it's current path? What would you do to improve society? I'm honestly curious because I haven't heard any new ideas from the right since the 80s and most of those ideas are why we're in the situation we're in today.

Anyway, back to the vaccine talk (after your response of course).
    J, Please take the time to study below.

There is common myth that commie-nism is left while nazi-sim is right. Stalin and Hitler had many things in common. The only difference they had was their economic point-of-view. Otherwise, both were pure authoritarians who killed millions.

The real right wingers are libertarians and anarchists who just want to left alone.

I identify as a right-winger because I am Anarcho / Libertarian.

I do not trust gubmint. I do not trust democrats or republican. Republican are to the 'right' of democrats, but they are far from being right winger, just like hitler was not that far from stalin because he was NOT a right-winger.

The problem with statism is that democrats believe the blue team is the savior while republicans believe the red team is the savior.

Liberalism is often associated with communism. But this is NOT TRUE. Classical liberals and libertarians tend to fall on the right of the spectrum. The Founding Fathers would be considered right-wingers by today's standard because they were classical liberals and libertarian.

In reality, liberalism has morphed into progressivism.

Conservatism is to the right of progressives, but just like leftists, conservatives also support spending and big gubmint.

A liberal is someone who challenges the status quo. A conservative is someone who conserves the status quo. This is why the Founding Fathers were classical liberals, cuz they challenged England's status quo. Fast forward to modern day. A liberal (progressive) is someone who loves to screw things up, while conservatives love to preserve the screw ups. Hope that makes sense.

It's really easy to breakdown. One is either for freedom or for tyranny. Gubmint - no matter what color bandana they wear - is never the solution and always the problem. Gubmint is pure evil. Until Humanity wakes up and realizes that gubmint is a criminal corporation who controls the monopoly of force - both military and police - Humanity will continue to be enslaved.

https://studylib.net/doc/9941980/political-spectrum
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Yes. It is logical that a punk shooter would be less likely to even bring a gun into a school if he knew a couple hundred other students could get access to weapons quickly.
    I see you have a strong understanding of the psychology of school shooters and have put a lot of thought into operational issues involved in mitigating deaths and injuries during a school shooting by giving additional juveniles easy access to firearms they can use in an enclosed area.

On a more serious note, what do you do in the real world Mark? I'm also curious to know what LWW does if he's willing to share. Nothing specific that would identify you, just the field and role you have in that field. Clearly you guys aren't researchers in a STEM field, but knowing a little about you would be interesting to me since I'm involved in a pro 2nd project and your points of view are interesting to me.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see you have a strong understanding of the psychology of school shooters and have put a lot of thought into operational issues involved in mitigating deaths and injuries during a school shooting by giving additional juveniles easy access to firearms they can use in an enclosed area.

On a more serious note, what do you do in the real world Mark? I'm also curious to know what LWW does if he's willing to share. Nothing specific that would identify you, just the field and role you have in that field. Clearly you guys aren't researchers in a STEM field, but knowing a little about you would be interesting to me since I'm involved in a pro 2nd project and your points of view are interesting to me.
    It's easy to blame guns. But everybody ignores the fact that many violent criminals / school shooters grew up WITHOUT A FATHER FIGURE.

There is strong correlation.

Gubmint destroyed the family unit by design. Family is the most important form of gubmint. Manhood is not toxic, feminism is.

Further, welfarism encouraged single motherhood. And the current evil justice system is designed to fail the father. Just look at cases where courts almost always side with moms. No wonder male have a much higher suicide rate.

We're so addicted to blaming tools like guns. But we are too lazy to get to the root cause because the truth is scary.
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 12-09-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    This above all..

My comment was with sarcasm, as it is never a good idea to arm students. I did not and would not suggest that. I merely said that it would give a shooter second thoughts, but not a realistic solution.

I do not know the first thing to do in the real world. Not what I do.

My comment was with sarcasm, as it is never a good idea to arm students. I did not and would not suggest that. I merely said that it would give a shooter second thoughts, but not a realistic solution.

I do not know the first thing to do in the real world. Not what I do.
    We were all armed in college. Genuine M14 rifles. And the senior officers got sabers for cutting off commie nutsacks. Nothing wrong with arming students. LOL..

"Cmon man." - Brandon

This above all..

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The wording I saw this morning on the Associated Press website read the Pfizer CEO said a booster "may" protect you from the Omicron strain. Made me laugh.
    Based on evidence yet to be discovered I guess.
    Well... I've had 2 shots of AZ and today a PZ booster.
    So far - I can't feel the difference in quality, but it I come in contact with Omicron and I feel it working I'll let you know which one is doing its thing between the AZ and PZ.

Did the CEO also clarify if it also protects you from Unicron, the evil transformer because that would be really good too in case of Alien transformer invasion, presumably to happen in January

My comment was with sarcasm
    Apologies for being obtuse.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    We were all armed in college. Genuine M14 rifles. And the senior officers got sabers for cutting off commie nutsacks. Nothing wrong with arming students. LOL..

"Cmon man." - Brandon

Nothing prestigious like your University NG, but my high school still had an armoury and a range while I was there, the only remaining teacher range qualified retired just after I left and it all went, plus a historical link to a local(ish) army regiment, but they were pathetic .22 rifles, actual antiques, most were bolt but one was a BSA Martini which means it can't have been made after the late 1930s!! actually Martini Action is quite fun, if you really crank it you can ping the spent cartridge flying well behind you. Nothing as modern and effective as an M14 though, that's a serious bit of kit. With a better sight and only slight modifications you could have a cheap-rent sniper setup there.

Apologies for being obtuse.
    Not obtuse.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Nothing prestigious like your University NG, but my high school still had an armoury and a range while I was there, the only remaining teacher range qualified retired just after I left and it all went, plus a historical link to a local(ish) army regiment, but they were pathetic .22 rifles, actual antiques, most were bolt but one was a BSA Martini which means it can't have been made after the late 1930s!! actually Martini Action is quite fun, if you really crank it you can ping the spent cartridge flying well behind you. Nothing as modern and effective as an M14 though, that's a serious bit of kit. With a better sight and only slight modifications you could have a cheap-rent sniper setup there.
    You had me at guns. That's all that matters in the free world. LOL..

The M14 were nice rifles. When I left the army and became a civilian I loved the M14 so much I bought the civilian version Springfield M1A Match, which I used in competition. Easily grouped less than 1-inch shots at 100-yards.
    This above all..

You been watching Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons or Gunsmoke reruns or what?

What old time rural communities had a classroom full of guns? I'd like to read more on this.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    You been watching Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons or Gunsmoke reruns or what?

What old time rural communities had a classroom full of guns? I'd like to read more on this.
    I graduated in the early 2000s and still remember the principal telling us to stop bringing our guns in our vehicles or make sure to park them off school grounds.

It's definitely not that far fetched to me.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I graduated in the early 2000s and still remember the principal telling us to stop bringing our guns in our vehicles or make sure to park them off school grounds.

It's definitely not that far fetched to me.

I want to hear about the classroom full of guns tater is talking about, not what you kids had in your vehicles. Had a shotgun or rifle in mine most of the time as well during hunting season. That was life.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I want to hear about the classroom full of guns tater is talking about, not what you kids had in your vehicles. Had a shotgun or rifle in mine most of the time as well during hunting season. That was life.
    Rifles and shotguns in cars & trucks were common, only guns in school were the ROTC ones.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

To be fair, some evidence supports by knowing there is an armed person there can dissuade trouble.

There is circumstantial evidence Adam Lanza was actually intending to shoot up his high school, but the presence of a school resource officer's vehicle in the front lot may have made him leave and go to Sandy Hook instead.

Dad, I will have a Master's degree in the coming year, much of my research and work is actually in security.

When it comes to finding the solutions to these problems unfortunately there are others things that are involved that we as a free nation can't do much about. The gang banger culture is huge in the youth, it's worse in kids from suburbs, they don't live the thug life for the same reasons as the real poor kids from bad areas and whom are around the life. The kids from suburbs are looking to be "hard", it's in their gangster rap music, and the other loner kids are hooked on violent video games.

I grew up obsessed with Rambo and I played Contra, and listened to NWA but I knew it was fake, money making BS (except NWA street life, I was more of a GodFather gangster fan, over the rap chit) and not to be acted out.

I'm a fan of youth strength training programs and sports to save these kids without fathers and wanting to live destructive lives. When I was finishing my undergrad as an adult, I was looking a new school, the campus didn't have a gym, the dean snickered and said "this is an educational institution, we don't need a gym". I said, I don't care how smart you are, your health don't care about that, plus many young people need it. In school I always included strength training in every topic, because they didn't, it's the key to many problems.

But then again I've seen some strong mofos who use their power for bad, like gang activity, intimidation, you name it. It helps, but it don't help the true evil in the world.

Dad, I will have a Master's degree in the coming year, much of my research and work is actually in security.

When it comes to finding the solutions to these problems unfortunately there are others things that are involved that we as a free nation can't do much about. The gang banger culture is huge in the youth, it's worse in kids from suburbs, they don't live the thug life for the same reasons as the real poor kids from bad areas and whom are around the life. The kids from suburbs are looking to be "hard", it's in their gangster rap music, and the other loner kids are hooked on violent video games.

I grew up obsessed with Rambo and I played Contra, and listened to NWA but I knew it was fake, money making BS (except NWA street life, I was more of a GodFather gangster fan, over the rap chit) and not to be acted out.

I'm a fan of youth strength training programs and sports to save these kids without fathers and wanting to live destructive lives. When I was finishing my undergrad as an adult, I was looking a new school, the campus didn't have a gym, the dean snickered and said "this is an educational institution, we don't need a gym". I said, I don't care how smart you are, your health don't care about that, plus many young people need it. In school I always included strength training in every topic, because they didn't, it's the key to many problems.

But then again I've seen some strong mofos who use their power for bad, like gang activity, intimidation, you name it. It helps, but it don't help the true evil in the world.
    Congrats though on being almost done with your MS.

I was curious about the firearms in schools statement which I don't think I could have disagreed with more. GrouchyUSMC made a very valid point and I'll agree with you both that in many cases the threat of retaliation can be a deterrent to an attack. Obviously firearms have a roll in some types of security and personal defense, but I'll always argue that more firearms in student hands isn't an effective way to intervene. Not unless those students are taking up a firearms related sport, making friends, and learning proper respect and handling habits. When you realize 40% of school or "mass casualty" shooters kill themselves, you have to wonder if some of them would be happy to have a bunch of other students grabbing rifles and possibly firing off rounds inside the building. What a catastrophe we could create...

I do agree there's no single cause or obvious solution, and I appreciate you letting me know about the security work and your thoughts. Fits some for me with what I suspect was a reflex response to JBC's posts. I can also see your thoughts on this issue aren't nearly summarized by that one line, so thanks for the reply.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    Anyone figures out how to get the Witcher streamed to our retinas using Pfizer nanites?
    Last edited by JustTheDad; 12-10-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Page 197 of 242 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast