TysonMln is on a distinguished road. (+10)

AM and PM Workouts

Hey guys,

So I'm doing GZCLP tiered workout. Loved it so far and its worked pretty good. I have hit some new time constraint issues and was wondering if it would work to split it up between before work and after.

My idea is that I would either hit my Tier 1 and Tier 2 lift in the AM and then Tier 3 in the PM. Unless those heavy lifts are better to be done at night. Would this work at all? Or is this type of program best done all together. I've only got say 30-45 minutes to use to workout at a time.

My other thought is just a warm up and compound lift in the morning. I would appreciate sk.e help cause I'd hate to have to pause and go in to a workout hibernation.

Thanks guys!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry to add a bit of an irrelevant reply as I am not familiar with the program

However in general and in reality it doesn't really matter how you spread lifts throughout the day. The whole "everything must be done in one hour" is more a convenience thing which has become a psychological constraint for many people

So long as the workload is the same and you are warming up sufficiently before each session/lift then spread how you want

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the bars and rack at home. So I do a few barbell lifts in the mornings. But I have a couple gym memberships, and will do other workouts at different times during the day. I plan accordingly.

delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000) delineator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Sorry to add a bit of an irrelevant reply as I am not familiar with the program

However in general and in reality it doesn't really matter how you spread lifts throughout the day. The whole "everything must be done in one hour" is more a convenience thing which has become a psychological constraint for many people

So long as the workload is the same and you are warming up sufficiently before each session/lift then spread how you want
    Agree with this.
    Many think splitting a workload into 2 sessions will mean session 2 will inhibit the recovery process that has already been initiated by session 1 earlier in the day.
    There is nothing to support this.