ImAnooob is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rate my diet boss

Hi, so I set myself a daily diet, and I was wondering if it's good enough or something could be added.

Breakfast : 3 boiled eggs, 2 slices whole wheat, 1 avocado, 1 banana and 1 apple.

Preworkout meal : 125g salmon, 120g kidney beans, 150g boiled potatoes, 1 tbs olive oil to cook,mushroom, and 1 banana

After workout meal : 1/2 cup of white rice, 150gram chicken breat, 1 onion,paprika (red yellow orange or green) 120g of kidney beans (i love them so much), and an apple at night if i feel hungry

Total calories intake is around 2320~2450, total protein 132g, total carbohydrates 283~300, total fat 82g.

I workout 5~6 times a week, I'm male, i weight 57kg (125lbs) height 162cm (5'4)

I just started working out 2 months ago.

if there are any tips to add to my diet please let me know, I wanna gain some weight and put on muscles.
    Last edited by ImAnooob; 08-27-2020 at 09:19 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Do you have reason to believe that your maintenance calorie level is around 2200? If so then it may work.

Although we would also like to know the protein and fat content. You could also use more vegetables.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Do you have reason to believe that your maintenance calorie level is around 2200? If so then it may work.

Although we would also like to know the protein and fat content. You could also use more vegetables.
    I used myfitnesspal calculator to calculate my maintenance level, it was recommended by many people.

my main source of protein mostly comes from the eggs, salmon fish, chicken potatoes and beans.

for fat, it's from eggs, avocado,salmon fish and olive oil.

Which vegetables do you recommend ?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ImAnooob View Post
    I used myfitnesspal calculator to calculate my maintenance level, it was recommended by many people.

my main source of protein mostly comes from the eggs, salmon fish, chicken potatoes and beans.

for fat, it's from eggs, avocado,salmon fish and olive oil.

Which vegetables do you recommend ?
    It's only an estimate. You can start with that number - but if you aren't gaining a steady 1-2lbs a month, you'll need to increase it.

We need to know how many grams of protein and fat. MFP should give you a macro breakdown if you put the above into it.

Which vegetables do you like

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are eating that every day: Terrible

If that is just an example of one day and you will eat other things with similar nutrition and macros: good

You can't eat the same thing every day for the rest of your life, every crappy eating plan starts with a list of meals and food.

All good eating plans have a general macro and calorie goal. The food you use to reach those goals should be varied and tasty to be sustainable. Learn why you are doing what you are doing and then you can be flexible with what you eat

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    We need to know how many grams of protein and fat. MFP should give you a macro breakdown if you put the above into it.

Which vegetables do you like
    He does actually provide a macro breakdown in there!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    All good eating plans have a general macro and calorie goal. The food you use to reach those goals should be varied and tasty to be sustainable. Learn why you are doing what you are doing and then you can be flexible with what you eat
    this OP, don't make a "meal/diet plan" unless you WANT to eat exactly the same thing every day. it's easier to be flexible and eat "on the go" without messing up your carefully thought out plan

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You’re eating zero veggies?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

He does actually provide a macro breakdown in there!
    Whoops you're right. Protein and fat intake looks OK.

As mentioned OP, you can use this as an exercise to specify an acceptable typical day - but in reality you both want and need more variety over time.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You’re eating zero veggies?
    I'm going to add some now !!

If you are eating that every day: Terrible
    How is it bad if I eat the same thing everyday (supposing that I added few colorful vegetables to the diet) ?

For sure I wont stick with this diet everyday for the rest of the year, however I'm trying to build a healthy eating and cooking habit.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A healthy new eating habit is not you eating the same "healthy" foods all the time to be 'healthy'

A healthy new eating habit is a change in mindset and the ability to choose foods and eating patterns that will benefit you, understanding why they are beneficial and applying those principles to any foods you might eat.

If you don't have something which can be applied to a normal life and a normal way of eating, isn't something which can accomodate flexibility, variety, different eating circumstances and change then it is not a lifestyle change. It is just a list of foods. You are not teaching yourself how to eat well outside of this meal plan and you are not teaching yourself how a wide range of different food styles and types can be combined to meet your goals. It is basically the equivelent of a "12 weeks to ripped" workout routine rather than actually learning the principles behind lifting, programming and progression so that you understand them and can apply them to your lifting career forever.

EDIT: Also lack of variety is unhealthy by definition either way
    Last edited by AlexSays; 08-27-2020 at 07:34 AM.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A healthy new eating habit is not you eating the same "healthy" foods all the time to be 'healthy'

A healthy new eating habit is a change in mindset and the ability to choose foods and eating patterns that will benefit you, understanding why they are beneficial and applying those principles to any foods you might eat.

If you don't have something which can be applied to a normal life and a normal way of eating, isn't something which can accomodate flexibility, variety, different eating circumstances and change then it is not a lifestyle change. It is just a list of foods. You are not teaching yourself how to eat well outside of this meal plan and you are not teaching yourself how a wide range of different food styles and types can be combined to meet your goals. It is basically the equivelent of a "12 weeks to ripped" workout routine rather than actually learning the principles behind lifting, programming and progression so that you understand them and can apply them to your lifting career forever.

EDIT: Also lack of variety is unhealthy by definition either way
    But would you not deem more stricture in the name of a short term goal to be valid? Provided that it's understood that this is a leg in the race, and not a checklist to be followed indefinitely, why would something a little more disciplined and deliberate be a bad move?
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    But would you not deem more stricture in the name of a short term goal to be valid? Provided that it's understood that this is a leg in the race, and not a checklist to be followed indefinitely, why would something a little more disciplined and deliberate be a bad move?
    Exactly this, I don't understand how can such strict diet be bad for my health,

Just saying it's terrible idea without really knowing what you are talking about is really confusing, you could always expand on your negative opinion so it could help beginners like me to go in the right way.

PS: i do know why I eat what I eat, I didn't randomly make a meal plan that meets my macro and vitamins needs

I thought that's what I had said but to be clearer - you can use this for a while but you will get bored of it in any case. You don't have to totally revamp it every day, you can make progressive changes as you go along - and depending what you have in the cupboard.

Just the experience of counting calories and macros and adjusting based on what you have and what targets you need to meet is useful.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ImAnooob View Post
    Exactly this, I don't understand how can such strict diet be bad for my health,

Just saying it's terrible idea without really knowing what you are talking about is really confusing, you could always expand on your negative opinion so it could help beginners like me to go in the right way.

PS: i do know why I eat what I eat, I didn't randomly make a meal plan that meets my macro and vitamins needs
    A varied diet helps ensure you're getting all the vitamins and minerals you need. Plus its far more sustainable. It may feel fine now but after a few weeks or months its going to get boring which tends to lead to binging or falling off the wagon. Happens all the time and we see it on these forums all the time. Plus as soon as you hit your goal weight then what? Same boring chit forever? Back to what you did before?
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're basically only eating 13 foods.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why that is sub-optimal...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ok now I understand, it's ok to use it for a short term until i discover more meals that could result in the same outcome, just so i don't get bored in the future, thank you all for the feedback I very much appreciate it.