Thread: Squats everyday

Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squats everyday

What would happen if someone squats 365 days per year heavy, doing just one set per session?
    Follow my INSTA: fit_thanos

You should only compete with yourself, breaking your personal record again and again,week after week, year after year!
    5 reps to failure for the win!
    Citius, Altius, Fortius!

JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You’d be tired and would have **** all growth.
    Jesus, kang of kangs, accept me into your heart and kangdom.
    Amxn.

Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thanos7Rocks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JoshLV View Post
    You’d be tired and would have **** all growth.
    Thank you for the answer.
    I dont argue for or against the argument. Whats your reasoning?
    The weekly total volume and intensity seems fine as far as I am concerned

You should only compete with yourself, breaking your personal record again and again,week after week, year after year!
    Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Thanos7Rocks View Post
    Thank you for the answer.
    I dont argue for or against the argument. Whats your reasoning?
    The weekly total volume and intensity seems fine as far as I am concerned
    You didn't say what the intensity was.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you trying to increase weight weekly?
    Don't think you are allowing enough rest to see good growth/gains..but I typically warm-up with squats just half of my max

JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoshLV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    This essentially. If you’re blowing your ******* out each session, I believe you’ll grow. Not ideally, but grow. You will be wrecked though and progression will not last.
    Amxn.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends what you did.

Overuse injuries of some description probably likely
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

The intensity of a single set in my book is low because the total work performed is low

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    Are you trying to increase weight weekly?
    Don't think you are allowing enough rest to see good growth/gains..but I typically warm-up with squats just half of my max
    What about the bukgarian training system where athletes were performing basic compounds they needed, including squats, multiple times per day?

I have good reasons to believe that the motor skills to perform the lift will be improved and weight will go up as result of adaptation

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Just to be clear, its a post clearly for the sake of challenging and discussing a concept.
    i dont know the answer, but I challenge the conventional ways to learn more

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The intensity of a single set in my book is low because the total work performed is low
    That's not how intensity is defined.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just to be clear, its a post clearly for the sake of challenging and discussing a concept.
    i dont know the answer, but I challenge the conventional ways to learn more
    Why not do it, then you'll know the answer. At least as it pertains to your body, which I assume is where your interest lies.

There's no point in us guessing, especially since there's lots of ways you could approach that "one daily set" over the course of a year both by itself and integrated as part of an overall routine.

There’s an established definition for intensity. Yours is not of convention.
    Amxn.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You could make it work if you controlled exertion levels.

Thank you all.
    INteresting read on the issue
    https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/s...e-set-training

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    In fact 7 sets a week is on the low side volume wise...

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    In fact 7 sets a week is on the low side volume wise...
    exactly. whats the reason something like this not to work

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Thank you all.
    INteresting read on the issue
    https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/s...e-set-training
    That article touches on a different mode of training to achieve a training effect. You're talking about everyday training which is something else entirely.

That article touches on a different mode of training to achieve a training effect. You're talking about everyday training which is something else entirely.
    There are two parameters involved. Is there enough rest and weekly volume for growth

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

There are two parameters involved. Is there enough rest and weekly volume for growth
    Perhaps you should reread the article.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When would the affected muscles grow if they're never allowed recovery time? Especially if it's a failure set, yikes. Anything can be a dangerous exercise if it's overused, in my opinion.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I remember reading you need about 24 hours to recover and 24 hours to grow. If you are working them (even light) you are constantly recovering and don't have time to grow. Maybe double your volume but do squats every other day.

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    When would the affected muscles grow if they're never allowed recovery time? Especially if it's a failure set, yikes. Anything can be a dangerous exercise if it's overused, in my opinion.
    In the ~23 hours between exercising. Of course that period might not be long enough (cumulatively) if exertion levels are too high.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I remember reading you need about 24 hours to recover and 24 hours to grow. If you are working them (even light) you are constantly recovering and don't have time to grow. Maybe double your volume but do squats every other day.
    Maybe, maybe not, it depends on volume tolerance and cumulative muscle damage. It''s additive over time, so there is probably no discernible difference between what you're describing

The main reason that every day training can lead to overreaching is because it actually much easier to get a much higher weekly workload compared to what you were doing before

Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Seanbroadie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can do squats every day with a low enough intensity that your body will recover from in 24 hours, no problem. But after those 365 days, you will see less muscle gain than if you followed a standard structure. If you do just one set per day, even if you go to failure on that one set, you probably fall into this category.

If you start on day 1 and go in at max intensity with multiple sets, then on day 2 you will manage a lot less volume because you have not recovered from day 1. Then on day 3 you will see even less volume. You will continue to see decreases your volume each day, and you will feel more and more like poop. You will never recover and never build muscle or make any strength gains. You will quickly develop many injuries. After a just a few days, you will feel like poop every single day, and you will not be a happy bunny until you stop doing this. No-one would actually be able do this even if they tried really hard. If you aren't forced to stop due to injury, you will be so exhausted that you will not be able to keep the intensity, or you will just quit. I think i would quit after 3-4 days. Even if someone was paying me to do this, i don't think i could do it for a week. If you kept going, you would have to keep dropping the weight on the bar until there was no weight, and then you would need to do assisted squats because you can't even handle body-weight. It won't be long until you can't get up from the sofa or walk any more. You will need hire someone to do your cooking and cleaning for you. You will spend most of your time crying into your pillow. If you did this for 365 days, then on day 366 your doctor will recommend you get your legs amputated because they're never gonna work again.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't believe we are still getting testosterone from lifting and 24 hour muscle recovery comments on this forum.....

Squatting frequently is fine and easily achievable guys, probably even up to 6x a week for a while, or even daily for a set period.

A year is probably overkill and unecessary since you will have long maxed any neural gains before that point
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee