DCdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Identify this bar for me

Can someone help me ID this bar? No markings on it.

Pictures show 1) end view, 2) pin lock, 3) outside collar, 4) inside collar, 5) shaft of bar with center knurling.

Weight = 45 pounds.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DCdan View Post
    Can someone help me ID this bar? No markings on it.

Pictures show 1) end view, 2) pin lock, 3) outside collar, 4) inside collar, 5) shaft of bar with center knurling.

Weight = 45 pounds.

Thanks.
    Looks like the regular bar that used to come with the Nautilus Home gyms that used to sell years ago... such as the NT905 and NT907. if you take off the set screw the front metal cap (where the screw is suppose to be) should just pop right out.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Typical cheap Chinese bar with chrome that will soon be flaking. If it has seen any real use, it is bent.

Someone will usually pay you $20 to take it since there is no easy way to dispose of it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Someone will usually pay you $20 to take it since there is no easy way to dispose of it.
    This. I usually sell beater bars that I get when flipping for $20-40. If they're bent or seized, it's sometimes hard to sell for even that price...

Lol! Local thrift store here was asking $20 for an Olympic bar that was so rusty all over that BIG pieces of chrome were raised up and flaking off the collars, like over 1/2 inch square each. So covered in rust, the chrome may well have already flaked off everywhere else.

Now that it's been mentioned, a few small pieces of chrome have flaked off one collar and the shaft.

My main interest was to determine whether this was a quality bar I should keep and use myself, vs maybe selling it. So far, the concensus appears to be that it's nothing special! Thanks for the responses, although more are welcome.

At the risk of demonstrating my ignorance, is it typical to be able to unscrew the sleeves from the collars? I've never noticed being able to do that before. Do some bars have collars and sleeves that are a single unit?
    Last edited by DCdan; 05-27-2020 at 12:29 PM. Reason: accurize

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dagdafitness View Post
    This. I usually sell beater bars that I get when flipping for $20-40. If they're bent or seized, it's sometimes hard to sell for even that price...
    One of my local flippers recently listed a rusty, bent bar as a Buffalo bar for $50. A+ for marketing.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    One of my local flippers recently listed a rusty, bent bar as a Buffalo bar for $50. A+ for marketing.
    Seen a cheap hex bar with one end broken off listed for 100 as a open end bar today.

That being said where are all these cheap beater bars, I'd go for one right now.

200 pound British on ebay atm for beater bars.. Would make a fortune buying them for your lots prices
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Registered User zerchanddestroy's Avatar
    zerchanddestroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks a bit like an Okie bar lol, they have the same end caps and screws on the sleeve

Originally Posted by zerchanddestroy View Post
    Looks a bit like an Okie bar lol, they have the same end caps and screws on the sleeve
    End caps do look exactly the same as okie I found, but this bar is 86 inches long, rather than 91" for okie. Weight, according to bathroom scale, is 44.2 lb. Knurling is not particularly aggressive, and diameter doesn't feel small.

Registered User zerchanddestroy's Avatar
    zerchanddestroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never seen an Okie in person but I do know that the stats you just listed match their power bar more or less (weighs 44lbs, 28.5 diameter, 7’1 5/8 length); pretty standard dimensions for power bars though so it doesn't necessarily prove anything

Originally Posted by zerchanddestroy View Post
    I've never seen an Okie in person but I do know that the stats you just listed match their power bar more or less (weighs 44lbs, 28.5 diameter, 7’1 5/8 length); pretty standard dimensions for power bars though so it doesn't necessarily prove anything
    Seems to be exactly 86 inches, and 31.8 mm diameter, as best I can calculate without calipers.