Closed Thread
Page 51 of 299 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 8948
    Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heaney has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    And the health care workers laid off? What about them? This should be targeted. Our governor (CA) has done a decent job, however my county, and most other counties are far below capacity. Delaying cancer treatments and other procedures in states and counties that are not hot spots seems ridiculous at this point. There is a 40-50% drop in stroke and heart attack hospital admissions right now in California-what about their lives? The media has people scared schitless to enter a hospital even when it's necessary. We need facts, not fear mongering going on right now. The fact is, outside of hotspots, this is likely not even a blip, and to put peoples lives and livelihoods at risk without taking into account all the facts is probably killing people. Good luck to those people unemployed and now on the streets looking for a job so they can get health insurance again, right? Probably didn't think about the fact that millions of people are going to be without health insurance for a while did you?
    Ontario's health minister said today that people are dying due to cardiac surgeries being cancelled......even though hospitals here are ghost towns. Makes no sense at all at this point.

Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And the health care workers laid off? What about them? This should be targeted. Our governor (CA) has done a decent job, however my county, and most other counties are far below capacity. Delaying cancer treatments and other procedures in states and counties that are not hot spots seems ridiculous at this point. There is a 40-50% drop in stroke and heart attack hospital admissions right now in California-what about their lives? The media has people scared schitless to enter a hospital even when it's necessary. We need facts, not fear mongering going on right now. The fact is, outside of hotspots, this is likely not even a blip, and to put peoples lives and livelihoods at risk without taking into account all the facts is probably killing people. Good luck to those people unemployed and now on the streets looking for a job so they can get health insurance again, right? Probably didn't think about the fact that millions of people are going to be without health insurance for a while did you?
    I think you are confused or you just needed to rant. I was replying to a person who wanted justaflucels to be taught a lesson. I have no idea what your reply has to do with anything I said. Yes, good luck to people who are unemployed. Yes, I've thought about people who don't have insurance. Again, wut.

waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bcl2 View Post
    Did you ever consider the healthcare workers who would be taking care of an influx of positive patients? What about those healthcare worker's families at home who are infected? I understand that you're frustrated by mouth breathers and retards, but your "honest conversation" is somewhere between evil and psychotic.

Did you even read one thing I said?

Or you just that emotional that you cant see the forest from the trees?
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    >>>>>Lakers Fans Crew>>>>>
    >>>>>Tampa Bay Buccaneers Crew>>>>>

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably didn't think about the fact that millions of people are going to be without health insurance for a while did you?
    People who are unemployed are now eligible to get directly onto the ACA marketplace as soon as their regular insurance ends, and I believe they can get the subsidy.

Unfortunately, long-term unemployment from the partial rearrangement of our economy due to the virus is probably going to be a much bigger problem than the shutdown itself. People think we're just going to reopen and our troubles will be over. The number of voluntary closures and the stock market's reaction in the month before the shutdowns should be a warning to people that this is going to be a slow grind and that we're probably going to end up having some really difficult political discussions about more and different types of relief in the coming months.

The sheer number of people who are likely going to displaced from employment related to travel alone, both directly (restaurants, hotels, gambling, airlines, etc.) and indirectly (aircraft manufacturing, oil production and distribution, etc.) is just ridiculous. Then there's the knock-on effects of reduced tax revenue cutting state aid to rural areas, etc. That's going to trickle down to schools, police and fire departments, hospitals. It blows.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post

Yes, we all did. Here are all of the responses to your honest conversation.

Originally Posted by iamxclusive View Post
    imagine wishing for transmission and death on people who don't agree with you just so you can say I told you so.
    Originally Posted by HtotheOV View Post
    doesn’t sound like having an honest conversation to me..sounds like you want this to continue to worsen so it can prove your argument
    Originally Posted by TrinnieBuu View Post
    I actually don’t at all. If anything I’m more nervous about their loved ones dying just bc some people want to make a point about having rights (I’m not talking about wanting businesses open, I want businesses open, I’m talking about idiots purposely not wearing a masks just bc they can).

Also wish people have a bit more empathy and humanity. Quoting stats that 60% of fatalities are from long term care facilities... not sure what the point of this stat is supposed to accomplish? Do people know assisted living facilities have a median stay duration of 28 months? They don’t all die either, some are in their 60s and by all standards... too young to be dying, that typically just needed around the clock medical care while recovering from something. Nursing home duration is 13 months. Idk about you, but if someone told me that my dog has cancer, supposed to live another 13 months, and then he drops dead a week later. I would be devastated. And that’s a dog. Not my grandpa.

We get it, you’re young and healthy and won’t die from it. Have some heart for the people that raised you.
    Originally Posted by ymer View Post
    Did you also wipe your vagina with clorox?
    Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    you're a real fukkin ass hole
    Originally Posted by Blasting View Post
    Yes, there are people like you in here, and you all are scumbags. Have fun trying to justify mass death on innocent people that have loved ones, you fukking loser.

Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bcl2 View Post
    I think you are confused or you just needed to rant. I was replying to a person who wanted justaflucels to be taught a lesson. I have no idea what your reply has to do with anything I said. Yes, good luck to people who are unemployed. Yes, I've thought about people who don't have insurance. Again, wut.
    Read your post out of context and replied to what I thought you were saying, argh.

I've had enough of this and chit posting for the day, good day fellas.
    Virtue is its own reward.

Read your post out of context and replied to what I thought you were saying, argh.

I've had enough of this and chit posting for the day, good day fellas.
    I figured, it's all good man.

Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Johnez has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ANumber1 View Post
    People who are unemployed are now eligible to get directly onto the ACA marketplace as soon as their regular insurance ends, and I believe they can get the subsidy.

Unfortunately, long-term unemployment from the partial rearrangement of our economy due to the virus is probably going to be a much bigger problem than the shutdown itself. People think we're just going to reopen and our troubles will be over. The number of voluntary closures and the stock market's reaction in the month before the shutdowns should be a warning to people that this is going to be a slow grind and that we're probably going to end up having some really difficult political discussions about more and different types of relief in the coming months.

The sheer number of people who are likely going to displaced from employment related to travel alone, both directly (restaurants, hotels, gambling, airlines, etc.) and indirectly (aircraft manufacturing, oil production and distribution, etc.) is just ridiculous. Then there's the knock-on effects of reduced tax revenue cutting state aid to rural areas, etc. That's going to trickle down to schools, police and fire departments, hospitals. It blows.
    Right on so many levels. After the actual virus goes away we're facing another long struggle. It'll hit a lot of us indirectly, even further out than we can imagine. I picked my career to be recession proof (HVAC/R) and even this field is at risk with facilities guys in schools, malls, public places out of a job. The amount of available jobs in many industries is going to contract, even the safe ones. I can go apply as a supermarket tech, however as a novice am I going to get a job when a 20 year facilities guy goes applying too? I know many of these positions will eventually get filled, but after taking such a hit on their revenues, I don't imagine they'll all be hired right away and employers will probably try to make do with less workers, like after the last recession. Multiplied over other industries...I don't think it spells "doom," but it definitely is going to hit people, young and old, very hard.

Personally I'm in limbo. I work warehousing at a beverage place, I applied for their refrigeration division and my app is now stalled. I had a high chance of getting hired, and that may never happen. Meanwhile, with risk of losing a job elevated I'm hesitant to move out of state. Fuks me over. I know it's nothing compared to what NY, Italy, Spain, and yes Wuhan have gone through, but damn. Chit sucks.
    Last edited by Johnez; 04-28-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    Virtue is its own reward.

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As an aside, Bench Made Modern, a custom furniture company that does their manufacturing in a California workshop and made some very cool stuff for me, is doing $10 masks with their upholstery and using the profits to buy restaurant meals for hospital workers. Kind of a cool way to add value all the way down the line:

https://benchmademodern.com/products/custom-face-masks
    Last edited by ANumber1; 04-28-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Random260 View Post
    Or maybe you are wrong and maybe it is a big deal? Because even Kim Jong Un is retreating.
    How is it a big deal? Honestly other than this notion we need to save everyone.

Ask yourself the important questions (try not to tie emotional context that people die.... people dying has never been a big deal... people have always died and always will die)

Are we endangered as a species? No. In fact, even with COVID-19 we've managed to add to the population. So no threat there.

Are we facing a percentage of people lost too quickly that would make our infrastructure difficult to maintain? No. In fact, most of the deaths are from elderly/retired.

Are there long term consequences to our health for those who become infected and recover? Now this one is TBD. But a better question to ask would be will the shutdown even reduce total number who become infected long-term anyway? It doesn't sound like it. It sounds the shutdown is just to buy time but there's really no way to eliminate it. So just like the flu, you'll likely come down with this at some point or another in your life. And when you do become exposed the majority of us will just fight it off without even knowing we had it.

Sorry but the only argument you have for it being a big deal is that people don't want to lose other people close to them. And from a logic and reasoning perspective, that's not a big deal. It's actually inevitable at some point. Most arguments you have to point to this as a big deal are emotionally driven plain and simple.

Now in terms of economic stability, on the flip side, there are very valid and logical reasons why this is a big deal. If you want I'm happy to outline those for you, but most people have dug their heels into one side or the other at this point and my guess is that it's not worth my time or energy really having a discussion with you on this. You've long decided this is a big deal and likely have no interest listening to anything on the contrary.

If you'd like to take a crack at telling me why I'm wrong, go for it. But if your leading argument is 1 million people could die then you might want to try again. It's awful to see people die, I certainly don't disagree, but logically is it really a big deal to how the world functions. That's the question you've chosen to pose so hopefully you have more than the emotionally charged we can't let anyone die ever argument.

I can actually make a case why the world would be a better place with a lower population if you'd like, lol. Disclaimer, this is not me saying we should execute people to accomplish that. There's a difference between executing and just continuing on with life and letting the chips fall where they may.
    Last edited by SoutheastBeast1; 04-28-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It has nothing to do with the innocent

It has EVERYTHING to do with the "just the flu" crowd and all of the inpatient people that just cannot wait to go out to do what? Go to a mall? Go to a bar for what?

Its almost like "I can show you better than I can tell you" scenario when it comes to these types of people.

I am in no way wishing death upon the innocent. I am saying its about time that the doubters, naysayers, just a flu people start to learn a lesson and a hard lesson at that.
    You realize 26 million people are unemployed, right? We've cracked 20% unemployment. Great Depression was 24.9%. And we did it in just over a month.

I'm sure they all "just want to go to the mall" though.

Fuking morons.

TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ANumber1 View Post
    First up, nah. I politely ignored your off-topic and false answer to my question about testing, then tried to provide you with real information to help you with chalup's anecdote about antibody testing. For that, you decided to start throwing insults when TrinnieBlu asked you WTF you were talking about misrepresenting the link I gave you and claiming that I was pushing "the agenda". You not only wanted to do this, you wanted to talk chit about doing it, so no need to pretend you're a victim.
    Here's what I said...
    Lack of FDA approval doesn't make them invalid. Covid is a new disease so how much vetting could one expect for these tests?. Seems like a strange hill to die on.
    ^
    Where is the insult? You replied to me dude. And I gave you a one sentence reply back. And all I said was lack of FDA approval doens't make the test invalid.

You then went with another long passive-aggresive reply, and I pointed out that my issue was the tests being called garbage, but that I'm for vetting. I also alluded to your agenda with replies because it's been obvious for a while.

Everyone else in that thread understood why attendance was down 50%, and you were alone in making the bizarre claim that it was proof that the shutdowns had to be eased immediately. The link I posted was two other Miscers specifically asking you WTF the you were talking about, and you doubling down with some especially cryptic silliness.
    50% of the workers didn't show up because we're in a lockdown society right now where fear has set in nationwide. I pointed this out, and also alluded to similiar things here in CA. Not sure what "bizarre" or cryptic" crap you're going on about.

Most "workcels" are not actually in the hysterical and dramatic situation you attributed to "98-99%" of people. In fact, most are still at work. Yet in "the real world", telling people they've hit rock bottom and need to get their chit together is sometimes what people do when they actually care, rather than enabling.
    I already corrected you once, but here you go again with your agenda. I say 98-99% of people will survive covid. I then pointed out that Americans livelihoods nationwide are being ruined. Clearly, I'm not saying 98-99% of livelihoods would be ruined, but you know this....and simply do keep saying that to be disingenuous.

The government forced them from work, and is preventing them from finding new jobs. Those people would love "to get their chit together", but not allowed . We have people ITT who have openly talked about how they're getting screwed by things.
    6'3 Master Race
    GOATCal Crew
    No Pillow Crew
    Pureblood Crew

TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TaeBoNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    You realize 26 million people are unemployed, right? We've cracked 20% unemployment. Great Depression was 24.9%. And we did it in just over a month.

Fuking morons.
    I've been stunned by some of the reactions I've seen around the Net, social media and MSM to people losing jobs and businesses. Just blown away
    Last edited by TaeBoNinja; 04-28-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    6'3 Master Race
    GOATCal Crew
    No Pillow Crew
    Pureblood Crew

Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000) Witrebel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    How is it a big deal? Honestly other than this notion we need to save everyone.

Ask yourself the important questions (try not to tie emotional context that people die.... people dying has never been a big deal... people have always died and always will die)

Are we endangered as a species? No. In fact, even with COVID-19 we've managed to add to the population. So no threat there.

Are we facing a percentage of people lost too quickly that would make our infrastructure difficult to maintain? No. In fact, most of the deaths are from elderly/retired.

Are there long term consequences to our health for those who become infected and recover? Now this one is TBD. But a better question to ask would be will the shutdown even reduce total number who become infected long-term anyway? It doesn't sound like it. It sounds the shutdown is just to buy time but there's really no way to eliminate it. So just like the flu, you'll likely come down with this at some point or another in your life. And when you do become exposed the majority of us will just fight it off without even knowing we had it.

Sorry but the only argument you have for it being a big deal is that people don't want to lose other people close to them. And from a logic and reasoning perspective, that's not a big deal. It's actually inevitable at some point. Most arguments you have to point to this as a big deal are emotionally driven plain and simple.

Now in terms of economic stability, on the flip side, there are very valid and logical reasons why this is a big deal. If you want I'm happy to outline those for you, but most people have dug their heels into one side or the other at this point and my guess is that it's not worth my time or energy really having a discussion with you on this. You've long decided this is a big deal and likely have no interest listening to anything on the contrary.

If you'd like to take a crack at telling me why I'm wrong, go for it. But if your leading argument is 1 million people could die then you might want to try again. It's awful to see people die, I certainly don't disagree, but logically is it really a big deal to how the world functions. That's the question you've chosen to pose so hopefully you have more than the emotionally charged we can't let anyone die ever argument.

I can actually make a case why the world would be a better place with a lower population if you'd like, lol. Disclaimer, this is not me saying we should execute people to accomplish that. There's a difference between executing and just continuing on with life and letting the chips fall where they may.
    Popping in to say this is 100% the correct attitude.

Yes, left unchecked there may be a non "trivial" number of COVID19 related deaths. But that is not a reason to destroy the economy. There will be death if we open back up, but not enough death that it objectively MUST be avoided.

As long as we go into it with a healthy appreciation for what comes next, opening back up is the right move now that we have a handle on how lethal this really is.

The only unknown that could seriously affect things is the morbidity. Are there lasting impacts to your health? We really can't know that for many months to come. Is it worth keeping things shut down and further impacting the economy because we don't know what the lasting effects of Wuflu are? I can't say I personally think it is.

Also, GJDM ANumber1, ether these fools
    We are all gunna make it

cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000)

It has EVERYTHING to do with the "just the flu" crowd and all of the inpatient people that just cannot wait to go out to do what? Go to a mall? Go to a bar for what?

Its almost like "I can show you better than I can tell you" scenario when it comes to these types of people.

I am in no way wishing death upon the innocent. I am saying its about time that the doubters, naysayers, just a flu people start to learn a lesson and a hard lesson at that.
    Get out of the country you commie hack. You want the numbers to increase so you can be like HUR DUR I told you so. We don't need that ****. Just leave and take your left wing ideology with you... and stick it bud.

cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000) cEEk732 is just really nice. (+1000)

You are a commie hack. Leave the country we don't want you guys here! Spreading that negativity. You want the numbers to increase so you can be like HUR DUR I told you so. Just no.. ****ing loser

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Negged!

Wuhan lab 'most likely' coronavirus source, U.S. government analysis finds
    A Wuhan laboratory is the “most likely” source of the COVID-19 outbreak now ravaging the globe, according to a U.S. government analysis that catalogs the evidence and concludes that other explanations for the origin of the coronavirus are less credible.

The document, compiled from open sources and not a finished product, says there is no smoking gun to blame the virus on either the Wuhan Institute of Virology or the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, both located in the city where the first outbreaks were reported.

But “there is circumstantial evidence to suggest such may be the case,” the paper says.

“All other possible places of the virus’s origin have been proven to be highly unlikely,” the document concludes. A copy of the report, compiled this month, was obtained by The Washington Times.

Chinese authorities have said the origin of the virus is unknown but initially stated that it came from animals at a “wet market” in Wuhan where exotic meat is butchered and sold. They said the virus may have jumped from bats to animals sold at the market last year and then infected humans.

U.S. officials have grown increasingly skeptical of that version of events. President Trump confirmed this month that “a lot of people” are investigating the origin. Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. intelligence agencies are investigating whether the virus escaped from a lab or was the result of a naturally occurring outbreak.

“At this point, it’s inconclusive, although the weight of evidence seems to indicate natural,” the general said on April 14, “but we don’t know for certain.”
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rus-source-us/
    6'3 Master Race
    GOATCal Crew
    No Pillow Crew
    Pureblood Crew

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    60k deaths for a population of 327 million, pro rated to my city of 80k people, would equal to 15 deaths in the past month.

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

Fuking morons.
    Comparing peak unemployment numbers doesn't tell you much, the two events are fundamentally different. The Great Depression was a legit financial crisis that spanned a decade whereas this is a public health crisis that will lead to a really bad Q2 followed by what will likely be a relatively quick recovery

It's remarkable how fast the economy was shuttered from this, but the impact won't be anywhere close to the Great Depression. And that's considering the fact that we also have a massive oil price war happening at the same time

Originally Posted by Destor View Post
    Comparing peak unemployment numbers doesn't tell you much, the two events are fundamentally different. The Great Depression was a legit financial crisis that spanned a decade whereas this is a public health crisis that will lead to a really bad Q2 followed by what will likely be a relatively quick recovery

It's remarkable how fast the economy was shuttered from this, but the impact won't be anywhere close to the Great Depression. And that's considering the fact that we also have a massive oil price war happening at the same time
    It's hard to imagine right now but once this thing is in our rear view mirror people will forget about it, and quickly.

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    It's hard to imagine right now but once this thing is in our rear view mirror people will forget about it, and quickly.
    Yeah you're probably right man. Hopefully we (governments etc) take some learnings going forward and avoid economic damage like this in the future, because this won't be the last viral outbreak we deal with

MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hopefully officials realize this isnt a walk in a park and lifting the lockdown even partially isnt the smartest thing
    Cherish your life. Live to tell your story

Was reading about the 1918 flu, basically everything happened in October, cities locked down for 4-6 weeks, cases waned and that was that.

https://www.influenzaarchive.org/

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MEDITATE View Post
    Hopefully officials realize this isnt a walk in a park and lifting the lockdown even partially isnt the smartest thing
    Disagree with you with regard to lifting the lockdown partially. While the loss of life is tragic, the loss of livelihoods is just as tragic and likely lead to more loss of life.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Destor View Post

Hopefully you're right and we're able to course correct in a hurry and the only major impact is a couple trillion added to the national debt.

But that would require everyone getting back to normal NOW. The majority of state governors are still dragging their feet. I think there were 8 states that never closed? And maybe 3 that are opening this week. That's a lot of people still not normal.

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Infectious Disease Society of America -https://www.idsociety.org/globalassets/idsa/public-health/covid-19/idsa-covid-19-antibody-testing-primer.pdf

Interesting info regarding antibody testing.

I'm always a bit skeptical when researches are constantly pitching for funding, though it's definitely needed in this instance.

MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    Disagree with you with regard to lifting the lockdown partially. While the loss of life is tragic, the loss of livelihoods is just as tragic and likely lead to more loss of life.
    No it doesnt lead to more deaths.... an aggressive virus leads to more deaths.... a lockdown controls it
    Cherish your life. Live to tell your story

No it doesnt lead to more deaths.... an aggressive virus leads to more deaths.... a lockdown controls it
    You can't be this dense to not realize how the loss of livelihood would potentially effect an individual.

Obviously meditating didn't do chit for you. Dumb is dumb. Paniccel is a paniccel

Closed Thread