AGeneticFailure is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Semi-Noob Needs Lifting advice for squats. [Post from misc]

Been lifting since last september so just over 16 months now.

I've been lurking these forums for a few years now and it's actually because of you guys that I decided to get into it.

What routine do you recommend to go from 3 to 4 plates?

I struggled to squat 110lbs when I started but now I'm at 315lbs for 5x5. I know it's not much by the numbers as there's people here who probably warm up with this weight, but im proud of it so whatever.

I've been doing SS 5x5 with isolations and my squat progress is going a lot slower than it was before and maybe I thought it's time for a new routine?
    Student
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    "I used to think my life was a tragedy, Now I realise it's a comedy" - Joker

MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100) MtMoriah is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am 58, been weightlifting since age 14. Use the 5x5 method - 3 times per week. Never injured like every man I've worked out with who went too far too fast and permanently injured - not the way to do it. Strong as an ox and nearing New Hampshire state records for my age and weight plus walk and snowshoe 5 to 10 miles a day in these mountains.

The clue is to also eat right - drop useless junk food as that causes decreased strength improvement. As you advance you will slow down - keep that weight the same amount for a week or two or even take a week off. Generally you will continue to advance. Another thing you can do is instead of adding 5 pounds a week do 2.5 pounds or even half that.

As you age past about 27 or 30 you naturally start to loose some strength and endurance. Adjust and keep going.
    Robert Rogers - Odin Sisu
    Live Free or Die
    BitCoin = 1 Million in Property, 1.1 Million in cash for me. Bought several hundred 5 years ago at $250 each and after taxes made this fortune. Still have half of them left. Value of bitcoin is increasing. Bitcoin is taking on the Fed. Bitcoin will win.

We are all self made but only the successful will admit it. -Earl Nightingale

My 12 year successful business creation
    BitCoin

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ignore the idiot in red.
    There's no such thing as food that decreases strength performance.

You need higher volume now and better intensity regulation

Anything by the barbell medicine crew like The Bridge would be good
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by wolfrose7 View Post
    ignore the idiot in red.
    There's no such thing as food that decreases strength performance.

You need higher volume now and better intensity regulation

anything by the barbell medicine crew like the bridge would be good
    spot on