zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Military press form Check.(2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHkkYZ0BOM

The title,thanks in advance.

dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000)
    isn't bad, I'll give you one thing to work on

[img]ht tps://im gur.c om/a/ykVWAjy[/img]

dont mind the extra pen mark at the bottom, that's just me messing up. But you can clearly see from this picture how far the bar is in front of you it isn't a very efficient bar path at all. You're basically arcing the bar path meaning the bar has to travel more and youre effectively making the weight heavier by putting more strain on your shoulders by having it this far in front of you and making it harder. Picture somebody deadlifting but the bar isn't brushing up against their shins. Also imagine trying to go for a 1RM and then having the bar that much in front of you, you'll fail for sure

You want a straighter bar path which can be done by retracting your scapula and creating more of a thoracic arch. Also make sure to keep your head out of the way. You want to press with as straight of a bar path as possible.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it's reasonable form, not perfect, but perfection can be a hindrance. Doing it without lock collars is dangerous and you didn't really work your hardest there though.

zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) zanisbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dazitmayn View Post
    isn't bad, I'll give you one thing to work on

[img]ht tps://im gur.c om/a/ykVWAjy[/img]

dont mind the extra pen mark at the bottom, that's just me messing up. But you can clearly see from this picture how far the bar is in front of you it isn't a very efficient bar path at all. You're basically arcing the bar path meaning the bar has to travel more and youre effectively making the weight heavier by putting more strain on your shoulders by having it this far in front of you and making it harder. Picture somebody deadlifting but the bar isn't brushing up against their shins. Also imagine trying to go for a 1RM and then having the bar that much in front of you, you'll fail for sure

You want a straighter bar path which can be done by retracting your scapula and creating more of a thoracic arch. Also make sure to keep your head out of the way. You want to press with as straight of a bar path as possible.
    tons of thanks for the tip,and the photo.

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    I think it's reasonable form, not perfect, but perfection can be a hindrance. Doing it without lock collars is dangerous and you didn't really work your hardest there though.
    can you explain a little bit on lock collars?i have seen many youtube videos on form,but they don't seem to mention it.

also i have read that keeping 1 rep in tank is as good as failure,as far as growth and strength goes,and training to failure can hinder recovery in short term which can reduce volume,so i guessed maybe leaving the last rep is for the better,should i change the approach?

and thanks for replying.

EDIT-oops,i though "lock collars" had something to do with collar bone,sorry about that,just googled it,i get what it is now.
    Last edited by zanisbar; 09-19-2019 at 05:50 AM.

dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zanisbar View Post
    can you explain a little bit on lock collars?i have seen many youtube videos on form,but they don't seem to mention it.

also i have read that keeping 1 rep in tank is as good as failure,as far as growth and strength goes,and training to failure can hinder recovery in short term which can reduce volume,so i guessed maybe leaving the last rep is for the better,should i change the approach?

and thanks for replying.
    Usually a good idea to use the pins to lock the weights into place, especially if you are cleaning the weight up to your sternum, the weights might shift around a bit. At worst they keep the weights from shifting around, throwing off your balance and at best they prevent them from sliding completely off. I don't use them for bench however because in case you fail you can just slide the weights off to one side. You can't do that with the pins locked on each side.

You had 1 rep left for sure. If you kept your lats and your whole body tighter you probably would have had 2 more. But that can be difficult to do with multiple rep sets and you'll learn over time. So I think your effort was fine, training to absolute failure is something you don't want to do very often and it can hinder your gains if abused.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nah bro, don't hold back, unless you do it so you can do more in the following set, total failure in set 1 can ruin the rest of the sets, but that's another story. At some point you need to go right to failure or you are literally missing out on muscle stimulus and the biggest fibers won't fire at all.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nah bro, don't hold back, unless you do it so you can do more in the following set, total failure in set 1 can ruin the rest of the sets, but that's another story. At some point you need to go right to failure or you are literally missing out on muscle stimulus and the biggest fibers won't fire at all.
    let's say i managed to do 3x4 last week and aim to hit 3x5 this week. am i not supposed to do 6 reps on the first set even if i could hit 6-5-4? is it better to do 5-5-5 anyway?

nope

type in studies called "is repetition failure critical for development of muscule strength and hypertrophy" and "is resistance training to muscular failure necessary"

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haven't watched the video yet because no wifi but I wanted to chime in on going to failure.

1 rep in the tank is good towards the beginning of a workout but I think as a newer lifter at some point you need to make a maximum effort. The reason being is you may think you only have 1 in the tank but you actually have 2 or 3. You may surprise yourself every once in a while and get more reps than you thought.
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 225x13, 235x9, 250x5, 280x1
    Squat - 295x10, 340x5, 375x1
    Deadlift - 430x12, 450x9, 485x5, 515x1
    OHP - 150x11, 170x6, 185x2, 190x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 195 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=6

goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodworkouts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Actual pressing form looks good. Maybe be careful how you pick up the bar and put it down. Your back is rounding a lot to get the bar from such a low height. If you start with the barbell up on a rack, it will save your energy. You won't have to power clean the bar, just start with it at chin/shoulder height and do your set from there. Then, re rack it.

Great job and just keep at it. You will keep gaining strength and one day you'll be doing a 45 on each side, and beyond!
    My workout journal
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177525261

My website
    https://buildingyourhomegym.com

Originally Posted by goodworkouts View Post
    Actual pressing form looks good. Maybe be careful how you pick up the bar and put it down. Your back is rounding a lot to get the bar from such a low height. If you start with the barbell up on a rack, it will save your energy. You won't have to power clean the bar, just start with it at chin/shoulder height and do your set from there. Then, re rack it.

Great job and just keep at it. You will keep gaining strength and one day you'll be doing a 45 on each side, and beyond!
    actually i don't have a squat rack or any rack in this gym,i plan to join that gym after getting my form at acceptable levels in all major lifts(press,bench,pendlay,etc)

and thanks for feedback,i really appreciate it,i have forum members to thank for this though,lol,looking back my form was quite bad few weeks before.

Originally Posted by Millz12323 View Post
    Haven't watched the video yet because no wifi but I wanted to chime in on going to failure.

1 rep in the tank is good towards the beginning of a workout but I think as a newer lifter at some point you need to make a maximum effort. The reason being is you may think you only have 1 in the tank but you actually have 2 or 3. You may surprise yourself every once in a while and get more reps than you thought.
    thanks,will keep this in mind.

Originally Posted by dazitmayn View Post
    nope

type in studies called "is repetition failure critical for development of muscule strength and hypertrophy" and "is resistance training to muscular failure necessary"
    I've done research on it, plus understanding the theory behind it. Muscles fire all or nothing, if you hold back, the big fibers simply don't fire. All studies are essentially worthless because they deal with casual college age men who get hardout noob gains from anything so they can't prove the hypothesis. None of them would say not going to failure is better, they always say no difference. For example, for decades there was no good proof steroids did anything because studies with groups of 20 men in each group couldn't determine which ones were using the rods and which ones weren't, so that tells you a bit about how accurate the results are.