Registered User GilbertTheGoose's Avatar
    GilbertTheGoose is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice needed to reach 3500 calories a day

Hey all,

I'm new to this eating loads of stuff everyday thing and could really do with some help.

I weigh around the middle of the 10st mark but want to reach 12st and after some research, I reckon 3500 a day would be best for reaching that.

The only issue is... what do I eat?

Right now I'm only just reaching the recommended 2500 a day - also I'm on a student budget so wooh for that.

I guess the main thing I'm asking for here is a bunch of high calorie foods/meals.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fat cuts of meat, whole milk, peanut butter, ice cream...

Side note, what is your weight doing at 2500? If you are looking to add some weight to your body, do it slowly and controlled unless you want to gain extra fat too.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Registered User GilbertTheGoose's Avatar
    GilbertTheGoose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    fat cuts of meat, whole milk, peanut butter, ice cream...

Side note, what is your weight doing at 2500? If you are looking to add some weight to your body, do it slowly and controlled unless you want to gain extra fat too.
    I'll give 2500 a try - thanks for the help

Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nuts/nut butters? My favourite is almond butter, but you can also get cashews, peanuts, walnuts, whatever. I can get like 500 calories in without even noticing lol

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GilbertTheGoose View Post
    Hey all,

I'm new to this eating loads of stuff everyday thing and could really do with some help.

I weigh around the middle of the 10st mark but want to reach 12st and after some research, I reckon 3500 a day would be best for reaching that.

Right now I'm only just reaching the recommended 2500 a day - also I'm on a student budget so wooh for that.

I guess the main thing I'm asking for here is a bunch of high calorie foods/meals.

Thanks
    I suggest reading the stickies here, you only need a ~300 kcal surplus.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...3439001&page=1

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Adding 1000 calories all of a sudden is going to have you looking soft and pudgy in no time.

You don't need a very drastic caloric surplus to gain weight, I would shoot for 300-600 extra calories
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

ShawnBrooks59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawnBrooks59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawnBrooks59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    smoothies are the quickest Ive found to make a jump up in calories. Its easy to add whole milk, peanut butter, protein power, ice cream, fruits, flax seeds or w.e you want to make a high calorie meal that doesn't leave you feeling overly full.

You could also try to cook with more oils to add healthy fats.

IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by GilbertTheGoose View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks
    You want to gain lean muscle, to do this you cant eat any old food. 3500 cals sounds like a lot for a 10st guy.
    If you want to increase your food intake, make sure you eat enough carbohydrates pre and post workout.

Although I am much heavier than you, to give you an example, ill have as much as 150 grams of carbs from vitargo post workout, followed by another 100 grams of carbs from solid food 2 hours later. Thats a key time to eat carbs without getting fat.
    Current stats:
    Height 5ft 8"
    Weight 234
    12% body fat
    Best Lifts:
    Bpress 475
    Squat 572
    Dlift 704

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by IronElder View Post
    to give you an example, ill have as much as 150 grams of carbs from vitargo post workout, followed by another 100 grams of carbs from solid food 2 hours later. Thats a key time to eat carbs without getting fat.
    No, it's not. When/time is NOT the issue. It is total amount of calories.