ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

100 day experiment - how much fat can I lose?

Greetings,

A brief history: I've been pretty jacked before, ended up hurting my back at a work accident as a Hardscaper, double herniation about 3 years ago in L4-L5 and L5-S1 as well as some minor neck vertebrae issues. Gained a ton of weight falling into a depression, eating whatever, drinking a lot all because I wasn't able to workout or move for that matter. For the first year I couldn't pick myself up off the couch, my girlfriend had to help me. The pain was unreal and I refused to take any sort of medication given my family's extensive addiction issues, I didn't want that for myself. I was just suffering through it.

Fast forward to about 9 weeks ago, I've been feeling better. Stiff back still, some minor pain here and there but nothing to keel over about. So I got back in the gym with my cousin, slowly. After 9 weeks my strength has come back to where it was before my injury. I'm able to bench 225, dumbbell presses actually surpassed my previous personal record from 90s to 95s just recently.. so I'm feeling confident and motivated.

That said, it's time to shed. I've gained about 60 lbs in three years of my injury and that's just kind of sickening to me. If I could go back I would have carefully watched what I ate instead of being a worthless POS couch-potato. I'm going to keep a weekly log here, as well as document my weigh ins via GoPro or some other sort of camera and take monthly photos of my physique as it (hopefully) changes. I'll be weighing myself every Monday morning. I'm at a pretty significant caloric deficit for the first two weeks. I'm basically eating only green veggies and low-fat protein most days like turkey or tuna. Once a week I will eat a fatty meat like a steak. The only carbs I get are sweet potatoes and brown rice but very sparingly. I understand that with such a deficit I will probably lose strength, but strength isn't my current goal right now. I'm looking to shed some weight, fit into my old clothes, and have a stronger back/core. Once I shed significant amounts of weight, then it's time to work on my strength gains. I'll post my before picture with my month 1 picture.

Height: 5'11"

4/8/2019: 254 lbs.
    4/15/2019: 247 lbs.

Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roboloni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Get it!

I’ll be subbing bro. Get it!

ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Roboloni View Post
    I’ll be subbing bro. Get it!
    ^Many thanks!

----------

Day 4: The fatigue I once had for the first 3 days is now diminished. It was probably because of my low carb intake. I'm only following this low carb plan for 2 weeks and then I'll return to a more normal yet caloric deficiency-esque diet....erm not diet; new way of life. I haven't really felt hungry either. I can notice my push lifts are weaker, I normally rock 90s-95s but I settled with 85s for high reps on chest day this week. I'm alright with that for a little bit as previously mentioned, so long as I shed some fat.

4/22/2019: 245 lbs. (Easter weekend, had a couple drinks - probably stunted my gains a bit but only for that day.)

Day 13:

Feelin' good at the gym, I've been getting some compliments at work that I'm looking thinner in my face and my shoulders lookin' heavy, pants are starting to fall down. Been taking weekly photos, once week 4 is complete I'll post my first before and after picture for the month. Started hitting the gym about 4-5 times a week. Went in yesterday and felt symptoms of Tennis Elbow so I stopped lifting after about 3 exercises as to not damage anymore. Went in today and did some isolation stretches on my arms with a barbell by leaning back and holding my weight with each arm by itself and I feel that helped because I felt almost no pain today.

Eating about 2,000-2,200 calories a day aiming to hit the right macros. Had some trouble the first couple of weeks eating enough. Once I stopped drinking alcohol regularly it seemed like my appetite went with it, but that has balanced out now and I have no problems eating the right amount of foods.

I'm mainly eating copious amounts of green veggies all throughout the day, I try to get a shake in every day with creatine, whey and chia seed, low-fat protein for 3 days of the week followed by steak or chicken for the other days, and for snacks it's mainly nuts, veggies, hummus, things like that. Haven't really stuck with a cardio routine, but I feel with the way I workout I'm getting into the fat burning zone by continuously super-setting my workouts to keep my heart-rate up. I am trying to get up early enough to go for walks before I need to start my day, I've done that a few times but need to do it more.

4/22/2019: 245 lbs.
    4/29/2019: 243 lbs.

Started taking pictures 4/15/2019, will finish one more week and upload before and after pictures for the month. I've been comparing the first 3 weeks and I can definitely notice some changes. Stomach has shrunk, lovies are going back down, shoulders look more bulked. Feeling good, keepin' disciplined. Time to step up the cardio.

Today marks my 1 month completion of clean eating/lifting/progress. Unfortunately, I didn't snap a photo today. I will get one tomorrow and post progress from a month ago weekly until today.

I seemed to have obtained a muscle spasm in my trap muscle, it's affecting my neck majorly. Should hold off on weights for a few days.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good job so far, um, on the weight loss, not the muscle spasm. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to continuing to follow along.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401