dragonshadow58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Past My Prime Journal

35 year old mother of 2 (2015 & 2018) starting to workout again after MANY starts and stops.

I technically started in High School 2004-ish when I took Weight Lifting as an elective. I enjoyed it but stopped for lack of private equipment and general life busyness. Started again in 2007 when I enlisted in the Coast Guard but stopped again in my first unit. Resumed once more after getting out in 2012, starting the P90X workout but not finishing due to life and general laziness. Started AGAIN using Bigger Leaner Stronger modified for just dumbbells at home in 2019, stopped with the Pandemic stress...

Now I'm starting, hopefully for the last time, using Thinner Leaner Stronger and the local Planet Fitness. My diet is Keto/Carnivor and I will be using a keto/glucose meter to check my levels daily. I paid for the blackcard membership so I can bring a guest (assuming I ever get the chance) and am taking advantage of the red light therapy for ten minutes before and after each exercise.

This is my first entry, but technically I started last Monday the 7th. I have yet to find my starting numbers for most of my lower body lifts but am unsurprised to find my upper body highly underdeveloped. My biggest concern, besides maintaining consistency due to depression, is loosing fat and possibly loose skin issues.

Today I did two days' worth of lifting, yesterday and today's lifts, as I had a bout of bad depression and didn't workout yesterday. Hopefully I'll have more to write about in the next few days if I remember to check in.