laurensimons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help/Recipes for 4weeks2shred and can i eat avocado?

Hi , I've just started 4weeks2shred and its very limited on the shopping list to what i can have.

Also the plan said there would be recipes but i cant find them? if there isn't any, can anyone recommend some please?

According to kris gethins table i'm allowed this.

169lb x 1.18 = 199.42g of lean protein
    169 x 0.65 = 109.85g starchy carbs
    As much fibrous carbs as i like.
    He says nothing about fats in the plan, apparently there is enough in there? :/

Do i need to calculate anything else?

Please help

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by laurensimons View Post

Calories.

Calories in vs calories out. Will this diet see you eating 750-500 calories below your BMR?

This might be useful; https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator
    Currently cutting.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is not a good program, more protein than you need, no mention of dietary fat intake...

Learning the basics would do you far better than this cookie cutter plan.

NUTRITION

This is the largest factor in your success, learn the basics to get started and then move into more advanced if needed.

BASICS
    Spoiler!

Sources and More Information

TRAINING

Start with a solid beginner routine, these are designed to get the most for you; they are designed by professionals and use progressive overload. Read through them and pick the one you like most, follow it as it is written.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    BabyLover's Starting Strength
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    StrongLifts 5x5
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Coolcicada's Push Pull Legs

Calisthenics routines
    Spoiler!

SUPPLEMENTS

Remember one thing, supplements are only that; they supplement something and are never meant to be replacements. A multivitamin will not replace fruits and vegetables, a fat burner will not replace a caloric deficit, and a meal replacement is not meant to be your only source of calories.

This is a brief run down of the 'basics', for further breakdowns of specific ingredients (like Yohimbe, Forskolin, Glycerol, ect) more research on your part would be needed.

Protein
    Spoiler!

Multi-Vitamins
    Spoiler!

Fish Oil
    Spoiler!

Creatine
    Spoiler!

BCAAs
    Spoiler!

Fat Burners
    Spoiler!

Pre-Workouts
    Spoiler!

Meal Replacements/Mass Gainer
    Spoiler!

CLA
    Spoiler!

Glutamine
    Spoiler!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    You're probably thinking why are these guys telling me this program/diet is no good? It is on the main page and written by a pro. Things aren't always what they seem. Trust the advice given here.

Avocado is fine. Nutrition isn't so complex. You don't need fancy recipes or any of that. Tracking your calories, fats and protein per day is all you really need to do. You'd be fine on 150g of protein and 70g of fats. There are no "bad" foods so long as you stay within your calories and fat/protein goals each day.

Also understand that less than 5% of your results will come from supplements. Don't get overzealous when it comes to spending your hard earned money on them.
    Experience, not just theory

Thank you

Thanks for your replies , I’m on day 2 and really struggling o eat 199g of protein and even the carbs
    I didn’t buy kris’ supliments as they were too expensive so I invested in bcaa, cesien , whey isolate , gluetamine , white kindney bean for fat burner and a pre workout. Keeping to them already is rough, I bought casein without flavour and it takes like chalk 🤢
    I’ve done the calculator and it says 1339cals to lose weight , so thank you for the calculator
    I will try to stick to the calories and fats/protein you mentioned
    and keep posted.

Any more tips to shred the weight would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Lauren

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I invested in bcaa, cesien , whey isolate , gluetamine , white kindney bean for fat burner and a pre workout.
    I would advise a multi vitamin to nearly everyone, creatine and only a protein of any kind if you have a problem eating 150g of protein through normal foods.

That said, when you run out of your current supplements I wouldn't be buying any of these again except maybe one of the proteins. Marketing is a powerful tool to convince us we need things that we really don't.

Best tip I can give about getting in better shape is to stay consistent. You put in the work and it will show over time.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for your replies , I’m on day 2 and really struggling o eat 199g of protein and even the carbs
    You don't need that much protein. If you're lifting, you want probably closer to 100-120g. There's nothing inherently wrong with eating more but you don't need to eat close to 200g.

Any more tips to shred the weight would be much appreciated.
    Simplify it and ignore any fads. Calculate calories, lift some weights & keep consistent with your macros. Reassess in 3 months time.
    Currently cutting.

Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’ve done the calculator and it says 1339cals to lose weight , so thank you for the calculator

Lauren
    1400 calories at 170 lbs seems low to me, sure you calculated it right?

Re

Yes it said for extra weight loss reduce to 1400
    If I find it difficult I will change but at the moment it Seems to be ok.

Sorry if this is a silly question but do I calculate the carbs in fruit?
    I had a banana today and it said it was 27g which is a lot considering I need to keep it around 109 per day.
    Also do I calculate the carbs or the sugars in the carbs?

Many thanks
    Lauren

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Of course you count all calories from everything that passes your lips.

Better to count calories rather than carbs - because some carbs aren't digested efficiently (some types of fiber are also a type of carb). You should see that for every gram of carb, there are 4 calories - if not, it may be because some of it is fiber.

Yep, bananas have around 90-120 calories depending on size.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hi , I've just started 4weeks2shred and its very limited on the shopping list to what i can have.

Also the plan said there would be recipes but i cant find them? if there isn't any, can anyone recommend some please?

According to kris gethins table i'm allowed this.

169lb x 1.18 = 199.42g of lean protein
    169 x 0.65 = 109.85g starchy carbs
    As much fibrous carbs as i like.
    He says nothing about fats in the plan, apparently there is enough in there? :/

Please help
    The simple fact that dietary fat is ignored (btw, fat is an essential macronutrient; IOW, the body cannot survive without it in adequate amounts) should be enough of a red flag for you to ignore that entire program.

....as if the program title alone isn't bogus enough.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    The simple fact that dietary fat is ignored (btw, fat is an essential macronutrient; IOW, the body cannot survive without it in adequate amounts) should be enough of a red flag for you to ignore that entire program.

....as if the program title alone isn't bogus enough.
    This man moderates the forum because he speaks the truth without bias.