Rolfe18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

BCAA's whist training during Fast

Hi guys,

I know this has been asked a few times but i've seen few different answers from various sources, i've started Intermittent fasting and fast from 10PM-2PM. The problem is due to work i normally workout in the mornings around 10AM is it ok to drink a BCAA drink during my workout or is this breaking my fast? Also is there any pre workouts people would recommend that would't break a 'fast'.

Sorry for asking a question thats been asked before, just new to all this and would like to be on the correct path early on.

Thanks-

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just meet your macro during your feeding window each day and you'll have plenty of amino acids. BCAAs have calories and can break your fast.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anything you consume will technically break your fast. Do you feel you need some extra energy to push you?
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Registered User FormulaLT1poweR's Avatar
    FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rolfe18 View Post
    Hi guys,

I know this has been asked a few times but i've seen few different answers from various sources, i've started Intermittent fasting and fast from 10PM-2PM. The problem is due to work i normally workout in the mornings around 10AM is it ok to drink a BCAA drink during my workout or is this breaking my fast? Also is there any pre workouts people would recommend that would't break a 'fast'.

Sorry for asking a question thats been asked before, just new to all this and would like to be on the correct path early on.

Thanks-
    Pretty much taking anything preworkout will "break your fast".

alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alphaproject is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BCAAs are three amino acids namely Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine which have a tremendous role to play in muscle protein synthesis particularly Leucine. And unlike the other supplements mentioned in this list so far; BCAAs actually, technically, “WORK”.

HOWEVER, just like Glutamine, pretty much all of one’s BCAA needs will be met if their protein intake is adequate because actual dietary protein contains all 3 BCAAs and many other amino acids.

The only case where BCAAs are truly effective is when your protein intake isn’t adequate. But if that’s the case, FIX YOUR PROTEIN INTAKE! That is what you should be doing in the first place instead of trying to do patch work by adding in BCAAs.

Not just that, it’s a LOT cheaper to consume protein than to supplement with BCAAs. So it literally makes NO SENSE to spend money on this product. AT ALL.

From what I've been reading lately they are a waste of money. Sadly they might not do anything for workouts. I just bought some
    In-Kaged. So in theory they work, but only if they were combined with the other EAAs which most companies do NOT include so you would be better off just taking a protein drink during or before the workout, which sucks because the last thing I actually want to drink during my workout is a whey shake in any form. I want something sweet and refreshing. I basically like taking BCAA drinks but I'm starting to think there is a better alternative.
    Last Log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165837041&p=1328019051#post1328019051
    All Store Reviews http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/supplement-reviews/alphaproject

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Anything you consume will technically break your fast. Do you feel you need some extra energy to push you?
    In a way yeah, some days I feel really hungry and deflated at the gym and thought a pre workout would fix this.

thanks for all the replies guys, will try to just push through this. Might just be because im only just getting used to Intermittent fasting. May try upping my carbs slightly during my feed and see if this helps the following day at the gym.

Kebooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @alphaproject is right. Science has proven that for BCAAs to work effectively, other EAAs are needed.
    *TRIED PUTTING 2 LINKS TO SCIENCE STUDIES HERE BUT DONT HAVE ENOUGH POST COUNT, MSG FOR LINK*

BCAAs alone do nothing, so it's better to stick with it to supplement within a meal. Actually, science has also proven that consuming BCAAs and doing exercise while in a fasted state will ACTUALLY DECREASE muscle protein synthesis
    *TRIED PUTTING A LINK TO SCIENCE STUDY HERE BUT DONT HAVE ENOUGH POST COUNT, MSG FOR LINK*

You are better off consuming some simple carbs 15-25 minutes before workout (depending on your digestion) to fuel you through it.