SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Natural Protein Sources

Where do most of you people source your protein from? I was eating 260g of steak and 10 medium sized egg whites to source my nutrition naturally. I also consume cheese and other healthy fats like olive oil and other nuts. But it is quite boring to repeat the same meal every day. Also, the meat i eat has fat in it and its not a lean cut.

So, i will be continuing this diet for a couple of months. So i need some natural sources of protein so i can eat when Im bored of these regular stuff.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175488761&p=1545838421#post1545838421
    Follow My Fat Loss Journey - Ctrl Alt Diet

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are hundreds of ways to cook meats: Stew, grilled, baked, shishkabobs, stir fry, in the crock pot. Same with eggs: omelets, scrambled, poached, hard boiled, over easy...

It is not the sources that are limited for you, just your methods of preparation.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What do you mean 'natural'?

All protein comes from natural sources - plant or animal based. All has varying degrees of processing applied to it - not that processing is bad per se... Don't fall foul of the naturalistic fallacy.

SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    There are hundreds of ways to cook meats: Stew, grilled, baked, shishkabobs, stir fry, in the crock pot. Same with eggs: omelets, scrambled, poached, hard boiled, over easy...

It is not the sources that are limited for you, just your methods of preparation.
    I totally agree with you i never looked at it that way. Thank you for enlightening me and showing me a different path(methods of consumption), but how good is it to consume red meat on a daily basis. I have read some posts around this place telling me that consuming beef everyday can be harmful if its not lean.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

All protein comes from natural sources - plant or animal based. All has varying degrees of processing applied to it - not that processing is bad per se... Don't fall foul of the naturalistic fallacy.

When I said natural, I mean meat, veggies and all other stuff which are fresh and not artificially developed in labs like the supplement powders an stuff.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175488761&p=1545838421#post1545838421

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SyedZeeshan View Post

When I said natural, I mean meat, veggies and all other stuff which are fresh and not artificially developed in labs like the supplement powders an stuff.
    I don't know of any artificially produced proteins, they all come from a plant or animal source. Whey is from milk, hemp protein is from hemp, pea protein is from pea etc.

It's fine to want foods that have a wide spectrum of nutrients - but where there is a specific shortage in our diets (like protein for example), there is no harm using processed products to up the numbers in those areas.

Some foods are actually better when they are cooked or processed in other ways. Our entire civilisation is built on the ability to process and mass produce foods. Again, don't fall for the naturalistic fallacy.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I find eating a balanced an varied diet easily provides for adequate protein. Two sources seems unnecessarily boring and restrictive to me.

I'd make a list of sources for you OP but it would have 40-50 items. Perhaps review the sticky topic on macros, and make a list of all the foods you enjoy and see where that gets you?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I don't know of any artificially produced proteins, they all come from a plant or animal source. Whey is from milk, hemp protein is from hemp, pea protein is from pea etc.

It's fine to want foods that have a wide spectrum of nutrients - but where there is a specific shortage in our diets (like protein for example), there is no harm using processed products to up the numbers in those areas.

Some foods are actually better when they are cooked or processed in other ways. Our entire civilisation is built on the ability to process and mass produce foods. Again, don't fall for the naturalistic fallacy.
    This. Beat me to it.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Umm, basically what you mean to say is its okay to source an amount of our missing macros through the processed food?

Umm, basically what you mean to say is its okay to source an amount of our missing macros through the processed food?
    Exactly.

The majority of foods should come from relatively unprocessed sources, especially vegetables which have nutrients in them which are not even well understood (phytonutrients). It's just that the pendulum has swung too far the other way and people think that processed foodstuffs are somehow toxic. They can play a useful role in our diets as long as we still get all the nutrients we need from a variety of sources.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The problem is you're using the buzzword "processed" and failing to realize most of the food we consume is processed in some way or another. The greek yogurt i eat is processed, but that doesn't mean it is someway less beneficial than the protein i would consume from eating an egg i grab straight from my chicken coop. That raw chicken breast in the store, it's processed. And don't even get me started on the nonsense that is "organic."
    Psych & handcuffs

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was eating 260g of steak and 10 medium sized egg whites to source my nutrition naturally.
    What a waste

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I totally agree with you i never looked at it that way. Thank you for enlightening me and showing me a different path(methods of consumption), but how good is it to consume red meat on a daily basis. I have read some posts around this place telling me that consuming beef everyday can be harmful if its not lean.

Some do not consume red meat daily due to a possible link to increased cancer; personally I eat it every day but I am not to worried about it.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Some do not consume red meat daily due to a possible link to increased cancer; personally I eat it every day but I am not to worried about it.
    I seriously don't know what i would do without my Friday and Saturday night Filet Mignon.
    Psych & handcuffs

shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000) shyguylifts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Black bean and quinoa salad