MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Can I be ready for an NPC show by April? (pics)

So my goal was to finally compete in my first bodybuilding show in April either in men's physique or classic physique. Was hoping to get an idea if I can actually be contest ready by that time. I've been bulking after a little mini cut that was somewhat successful, my idea was to continue bulking somewhat cleanly till after the holidays and starting dieting and implementing cardio starting january which would give me somewhere between 12-16 weeks of prep time depending on which show I wanted to do. To give you an idea of where I'm currently at, I'm 5'8'' 184lbs, my chest measures at 45.5'', arms ~16.75'', thighs 23.5'', waist 31.5'', these pictures were taken today.

Do you think it's possible for me to diet down within that time frame? Or should I give myself more time and just start immediately which would give me 16-20 weeks? I carry a lot of fat mostly in my lower abs/lovehandle region that I've never actually been able to get rid of in the past, but I'm willing to bust my ass to finally get rid of it. My goal is to actually be competitive, any critiques on my physique are also welcome, I'd preferably like to compete in classic physique, but if physique is more realistic I wouldn't mind doing that either or even both.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MeuMuh View Post
    So my goal was to finally compete in my first bodybuilding show in April either in men's physique or classic physique. Was hoping to get an idea if I can actually be contest ready by that time. I've been bulking after a little mini cut that was somewhat successful, my idea was to continue bulking somewhat cleanly till after the holidays and starting dieting and implementing cardio starting january which would give me somewhere between 12-16 weeks of prep time depending on which show I wanted to do. To give you an idea of where I'm currently at, I'm 5'8'' 184lbs, my chest measures at 45.5'', arms ~16.75'', thighs 23.5'', waist 31.5'', these pictures were taken today.

Do you think it's possible for me to diet down within that time frame? Or should I give myself more time and just start immediately which would give me 16-20 weeks? I carry a lot of fat mostly in my lower abs/lovehandle region that I've never actually been able to get rid of in the past, but I'm willing to bust my ass to finally get rid of it. My goal is to actually be competitive, any critiques on my physique are also welcome, I'd preferably like to compete in classic physique, but if physique is more realistic I wouldn't mind doing that either or even both.
    From a coaching perspective
    I think you could be ready, yes. You would have to see how the cut goes to decide on which classes/ categories.

I think you will have to work hardest on glutes and hams from what I see.
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

Natural Competitive BB euro7muscle's Avatar
    euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For sure...same as above though, get those hamstrings up. Other than that, you have a good base to work with.
    6'3
    240 lb. (off-season)
    220 lb. (competition)

Competition History:
    2016 NPC Midwest Naturals
    2017 NPC Battle of the Falls
    2018 GNBF Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Like others said.. hamestrings needs the most work.. but it could be the angle, lighting, and posing. Size wise, you can be ready, you are there.

Dieting, presentation, posing, etc. that's a different story and much more work. Can it be done by april.. yes. Get to work though.
    ….

NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NattyLunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can definitely do it dude.... I've completed against guys much smaller than you and I myself am smaller than you. 16 weeks is enough if you diet hard
    Find me on YouTube... "Natty Lunk"

uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000) uksenior is just really nice. (+1000)
    16 weeks is plenty...

MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeuMuh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So an update: I decided I wanted to start the prep early starting Thanksgiving week since I have no experience with contest prep and I'm doing this all on my own. I wanted to give myself extra time to learn as I go because I was sure there would be some hiccups along the way. I'm currently 10 weeks out from the earliest show I would like to do, I also decided I wanted to do classic physique.

My current weight is around 168lbs, my measurements currently offhand are: chest: 43" arms: 16.25~16.5" waist: 28~29.5" legs: 22.5". I'm going to attach some current pictures, the ones in the red I'm kind of depleted but the ones in black I just finished eating. I've been busting my ass (literally) on my glutes and hams like people said, they're still not amazing but I think they've improved a little.

So what do you guys think? Am I on track for 10 weeks out?

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good improvement!!
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You look great man! Definitely on schedule. I'm about 10 weeks out from my next show; we gonna make it boyo!!
    Props for doing it mostly/all by yourself. I do too and I think you learn more that way; the knowledge stays with you.
    What are your plans for the next 10?
    Where do you plan on landing your weight come show day?
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Strong Mind, Strong Body. LoganBrown's Avatar
    LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jealous of that waist brother. You'd kill it in classic physique or mens physique for sure! Open BBing is a whole different story, but I think you'd do well there as well.
    Strong mind, strong body.

445 Squat/500 Dead/295 Bench

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it helps a lot.

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    You look great man! Definitely on schedule. I'm about 10 weeks out from my next show; we gonna make it boyo!!
    Props for doing it mostly/all by yourself. I do too and I think you learn more that way; the knowledge stays with you.
    What are your plans for the next 10?
    Where do you plan on landing your weight come show day?
    I don't plan on changing much, my overall goal was the typical lose 1lb/week, trying to take it as slow as possible to maintain muscle. So far I've averaged losing about 1.5 a week but it has slowed down some. My strategy was pretty much do as much cardio as possible, giving me more leeway diet wise since that's where I tend to struggle. I train everyday and if I have time I make myself do cardio afterwards, typically somewhere between 20 minutes-1 hr moderate intensity cardio on an elliptical or something. I'll eat somewhere between 2000-2500 calories a day, depending how I feel, what I weighed that day, or what body part I'm training. I do cheat more than I should, but it hasn't hurt me too much yet. I expect I'm probably going to be somewhere in the low 160's when it's all said and done.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Focus on your look.
    Judges don't ask how big body parts are.
    Keep taking pics every couple weeks.
    Lots of posing to harden up.
    Try to find pics of other competitors from last years show or a comparable show of guys in your class.
    True you you don't know who will show up but it will give you a rough idea of where you need to be.

smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smlfam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Looking great sexy!!!