fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Paramount Seated Leg Curl Ext Combo FL-30

Anyone have experience with the selectorized, seated Paramount FL-30 Leg Extension/Leg Curl machine? I rarely use machines, but do have a Body Solid GLCE365 plate-loaded machine (seated ext & prone curl) that I occasionally used for curls. Considering replacing it with the FL-30 for curls only. If you have any experience with the FL-30, can you share your impressions? Thanks.

Link to one that was auctioned for photo reference.

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0007-...loaded-machine
    Last edited by fedewab2; 02-01-2018 at 05:57 AM.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fedewab2 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the selectorized, seated Paramount FL-30 Leg Extension/Leg Curl machine? I rarely use machines, but do have a Body Solid GLCE365 plate-loaded machine (seated ext & prone curl) that I occasionally used for curls. Considering replacing it with the FL-30 for curls only. If you have any experience with the FL-30, can you share your impressions? Thanks.

Link to one that was auctioned for photo reference.

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0007-...loaded-machine
    I haven't used this combo machine , but I did have a Paramount seated leg curl machine. It was well built, but I didn't care for the strength curve on it. It was fairly easy up until the last couple of inches and then was very difficult. I prefer a steady/gradual strength curve. I replaced it with a commercial line TuffStuff combo leg ext/leg curl machine and I like it very well. I noticed on the Paramount, the cam was a perfect circle, whereas on the TuffStuff it's more oval shaped. the Legend pieces I've owned had a more oval shape also and they too had a great strength curve to them. Different people prefer different things, so if possible, try it out before buying. OR, if it's cheap enough, buy it, use it and sell it if you don't like it.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Paramount makes some really nice light commercial peaces at an affordable price point. True Fitness now owns Paramount.

Its a huge step up from Body Solid products. I have used it a few times, the movement is pretty standard.

Check on the weight stack, they do make heavy and standard weight stacks.

fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for the quick replies.

irongrandpa, I already read your comments about the dedicated curl machine after searching the equipment forum. Thank you for thoughts, and I am happy you found a unit that better suits you.

Ripper238, thanks. I previously verified the specific unit in question has the optional 250lb stack.

Unit appears VG condition or better; non-commercial history. ~$290. Shrug. That would be more than I paid for my entire collection of Parabody equipment. I will continue to ponder this further.

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fedewab2 View Post
    Thank you for the quick replies.

irongrandpa, I already read your comments about the dedicated curl machine after searching the equipment forum. Thank you for thoughts, and I am happy you found a unit that better suits you.

Ripper238, thanks. I previously verified the specific unit in question has the optional 250lb stack.

Unit appears VG condition or better; non-commercial history. ~$290. Shrug. That would be more than I paid for my entire collection of Parabody equipment. I will continue to ponder this further.
    Well that's a super sweet deal for a very good LE/LC with the heavy stack. That unit lists for about $3000.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Every Paramount machine I have ever used seemed to be 10% away from being just the right movement.

At this time I intend to thoughtfully consider this situation till the machine is no longer available. No interest in trying to flip it. So very little quality equipment pops up in my area, and this seems almost quality at a fair price. It intrigued me. However, do not believe I have even used my GLCE365 in over a year. I think it was alexth… who suggested banding the GLCE365 to improve the resistance curve. Maybe I will look into doing that when I finish my gym area and move the GLCE365 back to active status.