Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Spin class this morning, a mix of sprints, hills, and tabata. My legs are sore AF so it was a challenge.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I need to know what you do in yoga that keeps the back pain away!!!!
    5'6 140lbs
    1rm:
    220/95/250 (Nov 2017)
    240/115/285 (March 2018)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174268291

astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How was your trip and how did the move go?

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jessswooo View Post
    Most of it is actually stretching out the hip flexors and various groups in the lower body to relieve tension. But you can also get two yoga blocks and place one of them horizontally right at the bottom of your rib cage, and the other vertically between your shoulders, and just lay on them for a while to undo all the hunching in front of a computer.

Originally Posted by astronut96 View Post
    How was your trip and how did the move go?
    OMG..... the whole trip-then-pack-then-move is an ongoing disaster. My stress is through the roof. My friends are AMAZING and I had about 8 burly guys who got me out and in to the new place quickly with little fuss. But my packing was atrocious and rushed so I can't tell where anything is and I haven't had time to unpack much. To top it off, my boyfriend's parents are visiting from out of state for the first time, so I'm trying to entertain them in addition to unpacking. Plus, I'm slightly appalled at the idea of living in other people's "filth" (it's not bad, but the little messes that add up like cleaning insides of cupboards) so I am compelled to deep clean everything before I unpack. AND I have 400+ emails and a really important deadline at work set for Friday with mandatory Wednesday off.

As for working out, I lifted on Thursday and then haven't had time since. Considering I've barely sat for the last 4 days I'm sure I'm doing fine for fitness. I honestly don't think I can make it to the gym this week between working long hours, entertaining guests, and trying to get my condo to a livable level of chaos.

Oh, and I love, love, love my new home *but* I forsee having to replace the kitchen appliances sooner than I hoped. Was trying to hold off until Black Friday to snag the best deals, but the stove is still mega-ick factor, the dishwasher is installed wrong, and the refridgerator is TINY! If I have any spare time before Wednesday, I might try to shop around Independence Day sales. I hate to hit my budget right now (moving is expensive!) but honestly I don't know that the fridge will work for a family of 4 (oh, did I mention we have the bf's kids for 2 months? yeah... that too).

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jessswooo View Post

I like Child's Pose and Triangle Pose for lower back issues. It's very easy to forget to sit properly in a chair or get up every few minutes. Those work well for me, but what mavd said is pretty good. I didn't know about the stretch she mentioned, will try and cry/report back.

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    OMG So much stress, stress, stress and a bit more stress.
    I started to tense up reading that. Do the cabinets only, deep clean and store what you can. Move onto the next item. Don't go crazy trying to do it all at once. BF needs to make a good impression for the parents, no? If so, #teamworkmakesthedreamwork.

My method of madness for cleaning when it's out of control or I'm away from home for a bit is 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there once a day (20 total). Another one is to start cleaning and clearing from one corner of the room to the adjacent corner then to the diagonal corner and then adjacent again. I do cheat though as I employ and break most child labour laws by having my kids help clean up everything, their stuff and my stuff, because I've been cleaning everyones stuff for more than a decade now and it helps them to build character right*?

End of the day, you moved, accomplished something, and own something, it's bound to be a bit messy at first.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    I started to tense up reading that. Do the cabinets only, deep clean and store what you can. Move onto the next item. Don't go crazy trying to do it all at once. BF needs to make a good impression for the parents, no? If so, #teamworkmakesthedreamwork.

My method of madness for cleaning when it's out of control or I'm away from home for a bit is 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there once a day (20 total). Another one is to start cleaning and clearing from one corner of the room to the adjacent corner then to the diagonal corner and then adjacent again. I do cheat though as I employ and break most child labour laws by having my kids help clean up everything, their stuff and my stuff, because I've been cleaning everyones stuff for more than a decade now and it helps them to build character right*?

End of the day, you moved, accomplished something, and own something, it's bound to be a bit messy at first.
    Thanks for the reality check! I think I needed a bucket of cold water dumped on my head to get me out of the self-imposed panic. I got home yesterday and bf's mom had finished cleaning the inside of the cupboards and put new liners in them and scrubbed the stove and microwave. I am extremely grateful and kind of sad that she's spending her vacation doing housework. But I was able to unpack 80% of the kitchen stuff so I could make coffee before work this morning, so life feels slightly more controlled. Still haven't found most of my work clothes, so I'm obligated to wear dresses and heels (I tend towards slacks and flats most days). I also got up at 5 am on move day to steam clean the carpets, so in reality the two biggest cleaning items are already done. And I have to acknowledge that I *was* panicked at one point about furnishing the two extra rooms for the kids, but the seller let us keep her bunk beds+trundle for the girl's room and during the move a friend-of-a-friend gave us a really nice queen set for the boy's (mattress is bad, but that's replaceable). So now I actually only need a dresser for the girl, a dining set and a coffee table and I'll be fully furnished.

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh man, moving is the worst. Hope you're feeling less overwhelmed. Take bf's mom out to dinner for sure xoxo
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Okay I no longer have guests as an excuse for skipping the gym (still unpacking, but that might take months lol). With the kids being here all summer, I can't really commit to going to the gym on Saturdays (only full uncommitted day with the kids, so we want to do fun things like beach, hiking, etc) and kickball is going strong on Sundays, so I've decided to do full body M/W/F, and try to hit spin class on both T/Th. We take the kids to a day camp that is right across the street from my work and I need to pick them up by 5:30, and I still have to put 9 hour days in, which means I need to drop them off around 7:45. All in all... that means I need to get up at 5am to get all this in, and go to bed by 9. This is my life now. -.-

Anyway, not really following a plan as yet so winging it and hitting major lifts for every body part. Goal will be lose fat/maintain muscle, ish, because calorie counting isn't happening.

Saturday
    Beach. About 2 hours in the ocean body boarding, which is actually a decent workout I think.

Sunday
    Kickball, effing hot as h-e-doubble-hockeysticks, but we won 9-4. We are 4-0 this season and this was our closest win.

Monday
    Back Squat 5xBW 3x95 5x5x135
    Bench 4x95 5x5x95
    SLDL 5x95 4x5x115
    Row 5x5x95
    OHP 3x8x45
    Lying leg lift 4x10

Tuesday
    50 min spin class. It was rough, leg and shoulder DOMS plus the heat (75 by 6am) and humidity (82% in a place that's practically a desert) really dragged me down.

Wednesday
    Had to modify what I planned to do because my quad DOMS might actually be a slight strain to my left quad given current pain level)
    Trap bar DL 3x45 3x130 5x185 5x190 5x195 5x200 5x205 (this is quite a bit lighter than pre-break but felt incredibly heavy *sigh*)
    DB Incline Bench 4x8x30s
    Wide grip assisted pullup 3x8x70 8x80
    Lying leg curl 4x8x50 (just the pressure on my quad from this was almost unbearable)
    Busa mountain climbers 4x10

Thursday
    50 min spin class, endurance (i.e. one speed, medium-high load). Glad instructor did an endurance day because after about 10 min my sore quad had enough stretching and blood flowing to it to ease up some. Also, I tend to get the equivalent of a runners high after about 25 min and the extra energy seems to last all day.

Friday
    The same workout as last Monday (squats, bench, OHP, row, SLDL) but didn't write down the weights day of so now it's long gone from my memory.

Saturday
    It was San Diego Pride, so I walked a lot. In heels. My poor feet. And then some pool time with the kids which is kind of active-ish.

Sunday
    2 hours at the beach (about an hour of actual swimming) plus the usual shopping and meal prepping. So basically I barely sat down all day.

Monday
    Trap bar squat 5x45 5x135 5x185 4x3x205 (still feels so heavy, whyyyyy)
    DB incline bench 5x5x35s
    Assisted pullup 5x5x70
    BB lunge 3x8x65
    DB lat raise 3x12x10s
    Busa mountain climbers 4x10

My back is quite sunburnt from yesterday so the workout was uncomfortable.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So busy but getting things done. Ouch on the sunburn. I always thought it was crazy how many walked around pride in heels. I can barely walk in them in general cause rarely ever need to wear a pair, so not something I've tried yet for such an event where have to stand/walk for hours.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    So busy but getting things done. Ouch on the sunburn. I always thought it was crazy how many walked around pride in heels. I can barely walk in them in general cause rarely ever need to wear a pair, so not something I've tried yet for such an event where have to stand/walk for hours.
    I didn't plan on walking as much as I did. I meant to go to a brunch house party hosted at the parade staging area, see everything there, and then grab a Lyft home. I ended up walking to a bar half a mile away mid-parade route and not being able to get a ride there and having to walk another half mile before succumbing to pain and calling the bf.

Tuesday
    Feet hurt and I didn't feel up to spin. I actually woke up on time for it and everything, not tired, just not up for it.

Wednesday
    Squats 3x45 3x95 5x3x140
    Bench 3x45 5x5x95
    Row 5x5x100
    SLDL 5x5x100
    DB OHP 5x5x20s
    Busa ball mountain climbers 4x10

Work is bad right now. Shouldn't say much else on that. But the stress is really getting to me. House is going well, everything is unpacked except things that need to go into storage, and I just need time to sort and compact that all to fit in our tiny storage unit. Really need a dining table. Feels wrong to let the kids eat on the couch every meal. I guess I never realized how "family" it feels to sit down and have a dinner when you are forced to look at each other. Maybe I'll buy one this weekend.

I woke up at 5am to a traffic warning on my phone because of Comic Con. My gym is way closer to that than my condo. I'm not sitting in traffic at 5am to go to the gym. I'll be taking a training break until Monday. *grumbles incoherently*

Guess it was good I took a few days off because I ended up being sick Thursday-Sunday. Still am not 100%.... I think it's actually severe allergies not a cold. It's so dusty here because of the lack of rain and higher than normal heat.

Sunday
    Kickball, another win. We are 5-0, only 2 undefeated teams left. I didn't get as much exercise as usual because I used a designated runner due to the fact I was at about 70% normal lung capacity. But I played well, an RBI and my runner got on base and both kicks.

Monday
    Squats 5x45 3x95 5x3x140
    Bench 3x45 5x5x95
    Row 5x3x100
    Single leg SLDL w/ DB 5x5x20
    OHP 3x8x50

Notes: I think I might be developing complications with my hands from the hypermobility/EDS. I have lost grip strength over the last few years (not so much during lifting, but stupid things like being able to twist open a jar), and now during my bench the pressure from the bar feels like it is moving things around, and it's quite painful. I hope I'm making a big deal out of nothing, because this can be a really bad sign as I'm only 30.

Tuesday
    Spin, 50 min. Lots of climbs. I have one hell of a sinus headache. *sigh*

Wednesday
    It was a close battle with my desire to sleep in and skip the gym. But I prevailed. Barely. -.-
    Trap bar DL 3x45 3x135 5x3x210
    Assisted wide grip pull up 5x5x50 (so, 100ish because I haven't been on a scale in a while but I suspect I've crept back up to the 150 mark)
    Incline DB Bench 5x5x35s
    Bulgarian split squat w/ DBs 5x5x27.5s I effing hate these so much
    DB side lat raise 5x8x12.5s

I have already sneezed approximately 15 times today and it's 8am. I'm over it.

astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) astronut96 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Must be something about wednesday’s ... I struggle to get up for the gym on just about every one of them. Being sick sure doesn’t help. I hope you get to feeling better!

Sorry to hear about your hands. Any idea if there are any exercises or therapy you can do to stem the hyper-mobility in your hands?

Originally Posted by astronut96 View Post
    Must be something about wednesday’s ... I struggle to get up for the gym on just about every one of them. Being sick sure doesn’t help. I hope you get to feeling better!

Sorry to hear about your hands. Any idea if there are any exercises or therapy you can do to stem the hyper-mobility in your hands?
    Yeah that whole hump-day thing probably, you've been trudging half the week already and the end is not even near yet. I'm mostly better, just some lingering sneezes and sniffles. It's definitely just allergies. It's sooooooooooo dusty. We need rain really bad.

I haven't really looked into therapy. I don't think I really realized that this was a common complication until recently. I've always had weird pain at my joints if they took pressure at just the wrong place.... but recently they've been weak and achy which is new. I worry that lifting actually makes it worse, as the continuous strain causes micro-damage that could be adding up.

More updates in the "Home-ownership is hard and painfully expensive" category: Fridge is still too small (I organize it on Sundays to get everything to fit and then the kids just wreak havoc on it all week and we're back to a stress inducing avalanche every time you open it), the oven definitely does not heat to the stated temperature given my cooking results, the dryer motor can't tumble heavy loads, and the washing machine decided to start flooding the entry way last weekend. I also decided to spend $1000 on a gooorgeous dining set (approximately 20 minutes before the washer decided to say eff-you, of course). And *then* we met the president of the HOA and he warned that we're going to need to repave the driveway this fall so expect a $1200 bill for that soon. Anyway we had a home warranty thingy provided by the seller, so a repairman is coming to look at the oven, washer, and dryer tonight. So they'll either fix them or give us a cash value which will help toward replacement costs. I knew the appliances were all going to need to be replaced eventually, I was just hoping the washer/dryer would hold out a year or so. Looks like those might have to take priority over the kitchen and carpet replacement. :'(

Thursday
    Spin, 50 min endurance. I was effing miserable. TOM hit which is still still causing higher than normal pain because of the LEEP, plus the heat, plus downtown near the bay the humidity is through the roof (how can we have humidity from the sea and still be dusty and dry as a desert a few miles away? total nonsense!), and I have a spasm in my lower back. Usually cardio helps with the cramps and the back spasms, but today it was just an uphill battle. A sweaty, miserable battle.