Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2320
    Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey! Glad you had good weather, sorry about the mild fukkery, as well as getting sick and hurting your back

As far as conventional DL goes, Wade usually yells at me for my hips being too high. I work on getting them further down and starting almost like a squat, pushing the floor down with my legs and then finishing up with the butt squeeze.

Not saying that's right, but that's the direction I'm going now...
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^Butt squeeze solves a lot of issues. Struggling on squat? Squeeze your butt. Bench press shaky? Squeeze your butt. Lose your phone? Squeeze your butt. Ok ok, it works like 2 out of 3.

I hope your back feels better Luna! That's a good idea rearranging your workout days if it'll help something like that. I'm very particular about that. I always have certain lift days far apart from each other and do certain ones on the weekends when I have more time for sleep and rest.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Hey! Glad you had good weather, sorry about the mild fukkery, as well as getting sick and hurting your back

As far as conventional DL goes, Wade usually yells at me for my hips being too high. I work on getting them further down and starting almost like a squat, pushing the floor down with my legs and then finishing up with the butt squeeze.

Not saying that's right, but that's the direction I'm going now...
    Meh, the back problem acts up to varying degrees, been that way for a few years. I still think seeing a chiro would help some, since there's definitely an issue with my hips. I also noticed a posture thing I want to try to fix. When I stand I tend to put my weight towards the front of my feet, and push my hips forward. Just forward, not APT. When I pull my weight back to my heels a bit my posture (and overall figure) look better, so I'm wondering if that causes some lower back strain.

Yeah that's how I heard to do it at first. I was looking at PRs DL videos though, and hers look like they're closer to where mine rise to vs where I think I start at, lol. I suppose as long as my spine is neutral, I can try both methods to see what works. I'm not PL'ing either, so I don't have to be too concerned as long as the lift is safe and solid.

I know things are busy at the moment, but are you still going to vlog once things lighten up?
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    ^^^Butt squeeze solves a lot of issues. Struggling on squat? Squeeze your butt. Bench press shaky? Squeeze your butt. Lose your phone? Squeeze your butt. Ok ok, it works like 2 out of 3.

I hope your back feels better Luna! That's a good idea rearranging your workout days if it'll help something like that. I'm very particular about that. I always have certain lift days far apart from each other and do certain ones on the weekends when I have more time for sleep and rest.
    3/3 Squeezed butt, found phone.
    I don't even have a phone. O.O

Yeah, I moved deads to Monday because my weekend cals were higher during my cut, but given the amount I'm eating now any day should be fine. I don't want my heavy squat days to suffer either so since I'm aiming for M,W,F leg days I have room to shuffle things. Clearly some accessories are better with it than others, so if I can stick all of those on the day it tends to be worst, I should be set.

Still gotta keep trying to do things to improve it, hopefully a mix of increasing core strength, trying to be mindful about posture, and almost daily stretching helps.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pendlay Rows - Home

Pendlay Rows
    77lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5
    97lbs x 3
    77lbs x 6

DB Shoulder Press
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 9

Rear Delt Flyes
    5lbs x 15
    10lbs x 12
    10lbs x 12
    5lbs x 15

Lat Raises
    5lbs x 15
    10lbs x 12
    10lbs x 10
    5lbs x 12

BB Curls
    47lbs x 8
    47lbs x 6
    42lbs x 7
    37lbs x 10

+ Stretching, and rolling.

Can you tell it's been awhile since I've done curls? lol. Well, I did some concentration curls on vacation, but it seems if I take a break from strict curls they get hard as chit even if I'm doing a different bicep isolation. Was going to do a heavier set of RDFs but something in my right trap felt tight, so I stayed lighter, and paused some to try to make it more difficult while trying to loosen that up a bit.

Overall it was a solid workout. Felt a bit lazy getting started but once I actually got into my first set I was feeling pretty awesome about it.

anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Yeah that's how I heard to do it at first. I was looking at PRs DL videos though, and hers look like they're closer to where mine rise to vs where I think I start at, lol. I suppose as long as my spine is neutral, I can try both methods to see what works. I'm not PL'ing either, so I don't have to be too concerned as long as the lift is safe and solid.
    Lifting form opinions are like azzholes, everyone's got their own Powerlifting is about lifting the most weight. It's about getting strong too, but there's a lot in figuring out the leverages that work for you.

I know things are busy at the moment, but are you still going to vlog once things lighten up?
    I plan on it - I can't believe I let it go this long. I think I've been concerned about the location/production quality because I never seem to have a nicely lighted quiet spot. I've done too many cars and dog walks... And of course busy season is coming as well >.< glutton for punishment

3/3 Squeezed butt, found phone.
    I don't even have a phone. O.O
    Lolz
    Team Ogre Mascot

Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Lifting form opinions are like azzholes, everyone's got their own Powerlifting is about lifting the most weight. It's about getting strong too, but there's a lot in figuring out the leverages that work for you.
    That's so true too. You can have two people who lift 100% correctly, but very differently, just because they have different proportions. As long as it's not bad advice across the board like "twist your spine mid lift for your PR attempt" lol.
    I plan on it - I can't believe I let it go this long. I think I've been concerned about the location/production quality because I never seem to have a nicely lighted quiet spot. I've done too many cars and dog walks... And of course busy season is coming as well >.< glutton for punishment
    Yay! Looking forward to it.
    I get it though, I get off track with most chit, it's amazing I managed to keep lifting for almost three years. I don't have being busy as a valid reason either, just stop doing things, lol.

----
    Side note. Forgot to mention in my post that I'm doing less cardio right now, and maybe cutting it out overall. Given some struggle to meet calories as is, burning a little less may be a good thing. At least until my diet stuffs is more figured out, still trying not to resort to just having sodas (teeth reasons, plus I've found when you don't have soda much you start to not care for it much either).

Also, thing that came up that bugs me to no end: insulting compliments. In short, I didn't work my ass off (or on?) for three years to be told it's my genes, or comes from my mom. It's meant with all kindness, and sincerity, but I work hard for my results. It's like "hey none of that matters, and your progress is nothing!" Am I the only one who feels that way? It feels bitchy to complain about a compliment, but at the same time, you feel good and accomplished because you're working towards your goals, and people act like that's irrelevant. Like it's not insulting someone to say "your hard work pays off," and I'm not insulting myself by saying I'm putting on weight, or I carry fat in a certain spot. I don't have to have super fragile self worth, and need constant ass pats just because I'm working to change my body for my own goals.

/endrant (I'm proud, this could have been a much longer rant, lol.)
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 09-26-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Yay for holding back on rants! Although you don't have to

Yes, people are generally really clueless about the crap that comes out of their mouth. I'm sure I do it too, but I try to think about what I say before I do. Leave the genes compliments for your facial bone structure and chit.
    Team Ogre Mascot

Yay for holding back on rants! Although you don't have to

Yes, people are generally really clueless about the crap that comes out of their mouth. I'm sure I do it too, but I try to think about what I say before I do. Leave the genes compliments for your facial bone structure and chit.
    Lol, I could ramble so much about it though. it just makes things uncomfortable when people comment that much on me/my appearance anyway. Like, I'm an anxious person, fluff off. >.<

It was my aunt though, and even my mom was trying to help me out. She'll be the first person to tell you she thinks I'm the most beautiful girl in the world (she's a mom), but she knows I've been working hard, making progress, and it makes me happy to do so. She knows she can tell me I'm making visible progress, and that it's not implying that anything was wrong before. I appreciate that, it gives me some credit, and come on, it's great when people notice your gains.

Beats having someone who only just more recently got in your life, didn't see you before you lifted, or before you lost weight act like "oh you can do whatever, eat whatever, and still be the same all the time." It's like losing 50lbs, and having someone you just met say "you're lucky you're naturally thin" like, ok forget busting ass in the gym, being more active in day-to-day things, quitting binge drinking, and overhauling my eating habits.

See, rambling. >.<

Guess I'll just have to keep making gains to make my point. :P

Lower Accessories - Home

Glute Bridges
    147lbs x 20sec + 3 Thrusts
    147lbs x 20sec + 3 Thrusts
    147lbs x 25sec + 3 Thrusts

Paused Squats
    52lbs x 8
    57lbs x 6
    52lbs x 8
    47lbs x 9

Good Mornings
    27lbs x 12
    32lbs x 3

Core: 100 Reps

+Stretching

I pulled the left side of my back/trap area on the GMs, and I don't really understand how. >.<

I added Bulgarian split squats, because I thought I found a manageable way to do them, but not so much. Leg days are kind of a pain in my ass, no pun intended, because of the accessories. I want to hit them 3x a week, but given my equipment limitations, my options suck. I don't like doing the same exercises in the same day, (ex: I can do a type of squat each leg day, but I won't be inclined to have two squat variations in one), and I don't like doing certain exercises more than 1x a week (ex: lunges).

I don't want to have to force myself through it, because I've learned from experience that I won't always do it, and I don't want to start to hate working out. I'm trying to balance out optimal, and sustainable. I want to hit them 3x a week, I want to do heavy deads and squats, and I want enough overall volume.

If I could do isolations it'd help, because it'd add variety, and I just like them. I feel better MMC, and it's a nice way to finish out after compounds. But, that's not an option for the meantime. I technically can do deadmans, but they fluff up my knee more often than not, and even if it's not an injury risk, it's pretty off-putting. I technically can do split squats, but trying to look back to see why your foot's not hitting the flimsy little chair while you have the weight on you, well that is an injury risk. At least a bench is wide enough to not have so much guess work (reasons I need a bench #283).

Just ranting really, I'll figure it out. Workouts might change up a bit until I do.
    What do you think is better though, hitting legs with a couple exercises 3x a week, or hitting them 2x a week with more exercises?
    Like, even if the overall amount was the same, or close to (ex: 8-9 over 3 days, or 8-9 divided by 2)?

First, I have heard that the more times you hit a muscle group each week, the faster they will respond. Of course there is likely a point of diminishing returns, but 3x a week is probably okay

Second, I do multiple squat variations on squat day, including paused, close stance, wide stance, etc. so more than one squat variation is okay. Lunges can FRO though And I only say that in your log because I have the feeling that Wade might make me do them if he knows how much I hate them
    Team Ogre Mascot

First, I have heard that the more times you hit a muscle group each week, the faster they will respond. Of course there is likely a point of diminishing returns, but 3x a week is probably okay
    I know frequency helps as long as your recovery is good enough for it, but I was debating more if it still helps to have more frequency is the volume is the same, or lower.
    Like, if the only way I can make a plan I don't have to force myself though each week (as far as legs) was either to have two higher volume days, or three less volume leg days.
    Example: 4/4 vs 2/3/2

Technically the second scheme would be more exercises over the week, it's just that I'd admittedly feel kinda lazy/stupid logging two leg workouts, with some assorted core work. lol. The days with two would be my heavies, and I'd probably do five sets on the accessory (5 heavy deads, and 5 volume front squats), it just doesn't look that great on paper.

Maybe I should do, and track warm up sets to make it look beefy. Lol.
    Second, I do multiple squat variations on squat day, including paused, close stance, wide stance, etc. so more than one squat variation is okay. Lunges can FRO though And I only say that in your log because I have the feeling that Wade might make me do them if he knows how much I hate them
    I know I can, I just don't like too. lol. Like I can do them 3x a week across three days, but give me two types of squats in one and even with the variation it feels like "what the fluff I just did this?" Been working hard to make squats something I don't dread, so I have to keep that golden. >.<

My big issues with lunges was how out of breath I'd get, like heaving, chest hurty, out of breath. I think I hate them a little less now because I'm able to not get as winded, but it's like volume squats that take twice as long, and with the added difficultly of not falling over. If it's my only unilateral accessory for that day it's not as bad.

It's like those games where you have to figure out where things go according to the clues "Lucy can sit next to Kyle, but not Jake. Kyle needs to sit next to Timmy, but also likes to sit next to someone with blue pants." If I can get the right things in the right slots, I'll have solved the puzzle!

----
    Two sides notes:
    1) Am I the only one who's been getting on IG to come across people I have no recollection of following? Like, I look at their page, and a lot of times it's someone I can't even see why I would, it's not content I'd follow. It's been happening a lot, and it's fluffing with me.

2) No disrespect to vegans, but I related so much to this video, and thought I'd share. "It's a menu full of toppings!" Fluffing dead. :'D

"Thank fukking jeezus they got booze" LOL

I think frequency helps mostly with volume, even if each day is slightly lower you will still get more overall. And I hear you on hating exercises.
    Team Ogre Mascot

OHP - Home

OHP
    52lbs x 8
    57lbs x 6
    62lbs x 4
    57lbs x 4

BB Bent Over Rows
    62lbs x 12
    67lbs x 12
    67lbs x 10

Lat Raises
    5lbs x 15
    10lbs x 12
    5lbs x 15

Superset With:

Front Raises
    5lbs x 12
    10lbs x 10
    5lbs x 12

Added two reps to my first OHP set, and one to the rest.

I was late getting here today so I was late getting to my workout. Skipped the french presses this week, and nearly entirely cut the rest out of my superset so that was really burny.

Overall it was good stuff. I made scallops for the first time! It was my post workout snack, I've had them but never made them myself so I wanted to give it a try as a smaller thing versus a whole meal. The ones I had were smaller and battered, so while I want to make a pasta thing sometime I wanted to err on the safe side and went with breading and pan frying them a bit.

Came out so tasty! Some Italian seasoning from the breadcrumbs, but mostly a lot of salt, pepper, and garlic. Didn't "shallow-fry" them so much, just used a small amount of olive oil, since it pools in one spot I could fry them without wasting so much oil (and I don't end up eating as much oil either, win-win).

Took a picture, but I've been too lazy to find a photo hosting site that doesn't suck. PB charges to share, imgshack charges to upload after a trial period, and imgur doesn't have privacy settings for the stuff I don't want to share. -_-