stlk12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Fat Burning - Diet, Workout & Supps *NEED CRITICS*

Stats -

5'9
    250lb

-------

Supps -

Fish oil
    CLA1250
    Creatine
    Vegan Protein w/o GMO & Soy (lactose intolerant)
    Multivitamins

-------

Diet -

Caloric Intake 1800-2100 p/day

Low - Moderate Carbs (Only source of carbs is from vegetables and sometimes fruits. No breads or any starches but if I do have pasta which is rarely I will only use wholegrain protein plus pasta).

High Protein (Lean Red Meats, Skinless Fish, Chicken and Turkey) - I like having my quinoa salad mixed with a can of tuna in the morning or for lunch.

Little to no sodium at all.
    No sugar unless from small amount of fruits I ingest.

A couple grams of fiber daily.

For a little flavor I like to use franks red hot and lots of ground black pepper.

-------

Method of Cooking: Grilling & Baking, sometimes I fry things and use extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil.

-------

Workout Routine -

*My routine is never the same, I like to switch things up and keep my body guessing.*

Working out five to six times a week I only focus on one or two muscle groups per day and high intensity cardio 20 mins per day, also will be incorporating 10-15 mins more high intensity cardio in the mornings for a total of 30-35 mins daily. - Working on increasing my cardio times each day.

Cardio Machine of Choice: Elliptical always on LV.10

Also when lifting weights I'm only doing light weights high reps now for toning.

-------

What should I change, add or remove in my diet and workout routine? If anything at all.
    Any recommendations on how to accurately calculate how much calories I should be in-taking daily to lose fat?
    Last edited by stlk12; 05-22-2016 at 09:23 PM.

tunamayopanini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just take your current body weight in pounds and multiply it by 14 and 17. Somewhere in between those 2 amounts will usually be your daily calorie maintenance level. For example, a 180lb person would do 180 x 14 and 180 x 17 and get an estimated daily calorie maintenance level of somewhere between 2520-3060 calories.

Take that as a rough mark though, make sure you weight yourself daily or weekly and if you are not losing weight eating a certain amount of calories, reduce it by 300 calories and see how you go.

Consider a beginner workout routine e.g. Fierce 5 or 5x5 as they are great at working all your muscles and you as they use big heavy lifts you are burning more calories and also using multiple muscles rather than isolating. This you do 3 days a week, giving you more time to add in cardio or chill out.

add all calories up using myfitnesspal, its easy as and can help you monitor how much macros you are having and if your having too much.

Originally Posted by tunamayopanini View Post
    Just take your current body weight in pounds and multiply it by 14 and 17. Somewhere in between those 2 amounts will usually be your daily calorie maintenance level. For example, a 180lb person would do 180 x 14 and 180 x 17 and get an estimated daily calorie maintenance level of somewhere between 2520-3060 calories.

Take that as a rough mark though, make sure you weight yourself daily or weekly and if you are not losing weight eating a certain amount of calories, reduce it by 300 calories and see how you go.

Consider a beginner workout routine e.g. Fierce 5 or 5x5 as they are great at working all your muscles and you as they use big heavy lifts you are burning more calories and also using multiple muscles rather than isolating. This you do 3 days a week, giving you more time to add in cardio or chill out.

add all calories up using myfitnesspal, its easy as and can help you monitor how much macros you are having and if your having too much.
    Thanks for all this info.

Would squats and push-ups be great as well? I love doing those.

GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stlk12 View Post
    Caloric Intake 1800 p/day
    this is the only important part of your plan. no range. hit 1800 cal on the button. 0.8 grams of protein per lb of LBM. 0.4 grams of fat per lb of LBM. the rest fill as you like with carbs, fat, or protein to hit 1800 cal

find a structured lifting plan such as all pro's or fierce 5.

keep the fish oil and creatine, ditch any other supplements.
    "I've had tits since I was 15 tru story.
    Haven't touched 'em in forever." -moore93

Originally Posted by GSXRMax View Post
    this is the only important part of your plan. no range. hit 1800 cal on the button. 0.8 grams of protein per lb of LBM. 0.4 grams of fat per lb of LBM. the rest fill as you like with carbs, fat, or protein to hit 1800 cal

find a structured lifting plan such as all pro's or fierce 5.

keep the fish oil and creatine, ditch any other supplements.
    Could you kindly explain more in detail why I should get rid of everything except for the creatine and fish oil?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cla is a scam
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    cla is a scam
    Thanks for the heads up, only got one bottle so I might as well check it out..even if it helps a little bit.

Have you tried it yourself?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stlk12 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, only got one bottle so I might as well check it out..even if it helps a little bit.

Have you tried it yourself?
    I have not, but the research doesn't support that it does anything for fat loss.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

EveTheSupreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EveTheSupreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EveTheSupreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EveTheSupreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're on a low carb do you eat high fats? You need an energy source
    260 to 225
    Instagram & Twitter: eveayoola snapchat:evieayo

Originally Posted by EveTheSupreme View Post
    If you're on a low carb do you eat high fats? You need an energy source
    No, I get low to moderate amount of fats and it's usually healthy fats like from fish or avocados plus I'm not completely restricting myself of carbs just getting it from healthy greens and sometimes fruits.