Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wintersun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NickM205 View Post
    That's not a cut and dry answer. It depends on the type of background check being done. They aren't all the same. What kind of job/company are you applying for, and why would you want to lie on a resume or application?
    I havent applied to a job, just asking in general for when I do apply to something in the future.

A few years ago, I made a bad decision to take a job that was 50 miles away, and I left after three months... I suppose it would be better to just include it on the resume, and explain what happened when asked about it.

So, it is possible to find all past places of employment? Would that be an employment background check, as opposed to a personal/criminal background check?

SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much does HR care about degrees that IT pros have? Does a bachelors from an online school carry less weight than a BS from brick and mortar school assuming both accredited by the same organizations or equivalent?

NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wintersun View Post
    I havent applied to a job, just asking in general for when I do apply to something in the future.

A few years ago, I made a bad decision to take a job that was 50 miles away, and I left after three months... I suppose it would be better to just include it on the resume, and explain what happened when asked about it.

So, it is possible to find all past places of employment? Would that be an employment background check, as opposed to a personal/criminal background check?
    It can be possible, sure, it depends on how deep of a background check. If its to verify whats on your resume or to call references, then yeah skipping something and including work prior is not a great idea.

The real point of a background check is to verify your stated facts about who you are. And if you fundamentally can't be honest about who you are, and what your background is, it says a lot about your character.

We have caught a person or two, who lied about something on an application/resume and the truth came out later, and in both instances I can think of, they were fired over it. If you're not fired over it, its going to forever change how someone internally looks at you, that you lied to become employed there.

Stand by who you are. If you left a job because of a long commute, then say so, but be prepared to say what you were doing inbetween jobs, thats much more important.

NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickM205 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SynapticCleft View Post
    How much does HR care about degrees that IT pros have? Does a bachelors from an online school carry less weight than a BS from brick and mortar school assuming both accredited by the same organizations or equivalent?
    Degrees count for something, but not everything. It depends on what kind of level of job you're going for too.

If you're trying to get into a difficult industry such as management consulting, then the better your degree, the better the firm that will open its doors for you. If you're 45yo with 20 years of experience, your education was a long time ago and means less.

Degrees are qualifications, but your experience and what you can do is more important.

For example, we might post an IT job that says something like:

Minimum Qualifications: BS in Computer Science, or IS Business degree, with 7 years of progress experience. MBA or Masters preferred with 10 years+ experience.

In this case, we'll hire someone with a bachelors and 7 years experience, but we prefer a masters or MBA with 10+ years experience. Where the school physically is, is it an accredited university or not etc, means less and less the more experience that you have. If this was for something entry level, then yeah, we're gonna look harder at where you went and how competitive the program was.

Its hard to give a blanket answer...so GENERALLY SPEAKING, the better a school, the less it will hurt you.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wife has an MBA in HR and had been managing a staffing agency for the last few years. Pretty much a dead end job, but she doesn't seem to get a single call back for hr related jobs. Any tips?
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

Originally Posted by lexbishop View Post
    I posted here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=170725831

Then saw your thread after, regardless you can answer here if you like. I work in a hospital and everybody is abusive. Never had this high a salary so I've just dealt with the abuse. But I'm 2 seconds away from quitting which would devastate my family so I need a quick new job /career. I'm literally at wits end. Anything you can suggest would be great.
    I'll take a look at the thread later on today when I have more time after a few meetings.

Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    Wife has an MBA in HR and had been managing a staffing agency for the last few years. Pretty much a dead end job, but she doesn't seem to get a single call back for hr related jobs. Any tips?
    What types of jobs is she aiming for? Is she shooting for the moon, or looking for similar jobs? Managing a staffing agency means shes probably got pretty good recruitment or recruitment management experience. Because shes managed a staffing agency, maybe its being perceived her salary expectations might be too high for what shes applying for? Maybe shes not catering her resume directly for the positions shes applying for? The more she can cater her resume to the job posting the better off she'll be. Don't make the mistake of doing a "look at me" resume that has great experience and qualifications but doesn't really speak directly to the requirements of the job shes applying for. Just some general tips.

because MERICA that's why TheAmericano's Avatar
    TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm someone who used preach going to the career fairs

- But now looking back, I think they were a waste of time in respect to landing a job

- I did however gained a lot of confidence talking to someone in a professional way

So how important do you feel career fairs are?
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

- Everybody wants to make it, but nobody wants to put in the work!

Originally Posted by TheAmericano View Post
    I'm someone who used preach going to the career fairs

- But now looking back, I think they were a waste of time in respect to landing a job

- I did however gained a lot of confidence talking to someone in a professional way

So how important do you feel career fairs are?
    It depends upon where you live and who is hosting the career fair.
    We attend 2 per year, but we do so just as good PR with the local chamber of commerce who hosts it.

1) Look at the list of employers attending

2) If there are employers that you are interested in meeting, look at the current job postings on the employers website in advance so you are prepared to talk about the details of a particular position.

3) Go with a plan. Ask for a separate meeting to learn more about the company or how you could become employed in the area that you are interested in. Do your homework about the company and know it well.

jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    -had interview for different dept. at my company
    -haven't heard back in a week
    -emailed recruiter
    -she contacts me saying let's chat in person next week (i'm remote until then)

prediction on whether or not i got it?

ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000) ProboscisMonkie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a masters and Im struggling to find an entry level job, should I take the masters off my resume?.. lol

TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interviewed on site and at end of interview was told probably 1-2 weeks to hear back. 2 weeks later I haven't heard back so I send up a follow up email asking for status, no response. It is now week 3/week 4. Should I send another follow up email until I hear a response or is it over? There has been no status update to the position such as 'filled' or 'not selected' in the online career portal. How often do companies actually update the online status for all other applicants?

Now on to a different company/scenario...

I was given an email for an HR contact by my friend who currently works at a company. His dad is a VP at the same company, and I had a quick informational interview with him after which he said he would recommend me for the position. It has been a few weeks and I haven't heard anything (I am potentially over qualified, entry level position with stated minimum of 0-1 years experience and I have about 2), is it cool if I go ahead and shoot over an email to HR?

Originally Posted by jj00ee View Post
    -had interview for different dept. at my company
    -haven't heard back in a week
    -emailed recruiter
    -she contacts me saying let's chat in person next week (i'm remote until then)

prediction on whether or not i got it?
    I have no idea, sorry. Am not a wizard.

Originally Posted by ProboscisMonkie View Post
    I have a masters and Im struggling to find an entry level job, should I take the masters off my resume?.. lol
    Probably not a great idea, but use your cover letter to express why a job appeals to you to remove any doubts that you would be happy doing the work.

Originally Posted by TXDStone View Post
    Interviewed on site and at end of interview was told probably 1-2 weeks to hear back. 2 weeks later I haven't heard back so I send up a follow up email asking for status, no response. It is now week 3/week 4. Should I send another follow up email until I hear a response or is it over? There has been no status update to the position such as 'filled' or 'not selected' in the online career portal. How often do companies actually update the online status for all other applicants?
    Sometimes we're good at it, sometimes not. Sometimes theres a real reason internally nothing has happened, sometimes not. Recruitment for many organizations is rarely a straight line, and a week can turn into 2 weeks very easily.

I would call for an update if you emailed the last time.

Now on to a different company/scenario...

I was given an email for an HR contact by my friend who currently works at a company. His dad is a VP at the same company, and I had a quick informational interview with him after which he said he would recommend me for the position. It has been a few weeks and I haven't heard anything (I am potentially over qualified, entry level position with stated minimum of 0-1 years experience and I have about 2), is it cool if I go ahead and shoot over an email to HR?
    Sure, there's nothing wrong with following up. Just don't be obnoxious about it, and don't CC the DadVP friend guy. The rest of the department or whomever you're dealing with probably wouldn't appreciate you trying to throw your weight around that you know a VP. You could send him a separate email, thanking him for his help and advice and mentioning that you followed up directly with HR.

TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is it true that some applications get lost or is it just bs? Had a similar situation that jj00ee had but with an internship last summer

- Applied and never heard back
    - Decided, fawk it let me send another follow up email
    - They call me back, told me my application got lost some how and to send my resume again
    - Got email back within 2 days went in and got the internship.
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dp51134 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How does HR in general view job hopping? For example, I will be approaching a cumulative two years at my current company; one year in one position and one year in another with a lot more responsibility. The thing is my gf and I are considering a move out of state. Will this be frowned up on as me being a job hopper?

Is it true that some applications get lost or is it just bs? Had a similar situation that jj00ee had but with an internship last summer

- Applied and never heard back
    - Decided, fawk it let me send another follow up email
    - They call me back, told me my application got lost some how and to send my resume again
    - Got email back within 2 days went in and got the internship.
    It depends how they track applications.

Here, we only accept applications through our website which is linked to an applicant tracking system (software). Theres no such thing as "losing" an application for us.

But, smaller organizations might not have such software and may manually collect applications or resumes. So sure, just as likely as you are to lose something, someone might lose or accidentally delete your resume. Same concept of a doctor making a mistake; mistakes happen.

Originally Posted by dp51134 View Post
    How does HR in general view job hopping? For example, I will be approaching a cumulative two years at my current company; one year in one position and one year in another with a lot more responsibility. The thing is my gf and I are considering a move out of state. Will this be frowned up on as me being a job hopper?
    Changing jobs is inevitable. Globally its a real trend that folks are staying at jobs for shorter amounts of time and longevity overall is decreasing. Especially the millenial generation is changing perceptions of work.

Changing jobs has to be able to be explained. You should have your story straight about why you have left every job you have ever had. If its due to increased responsibility, then thats fine, say so. If it was a significant pay raise, then say so.

If someone is changing jobs often with no real rhyme or reason, no increases in responsibility, no jump in stature, etc then yeah that raises red flags.

2 different people could have 3 different jobs in 5 years and have two completely different stories about why.

I would ask to hear your story, and how changing jobs has led to the best developed you.

Changing jobs is inevitable. Globally its a real trend that folks are staying at jobs for shorter amounts of time and longevity overall is decreasing. Especially the millenial generation is changing perceptions of work.

Changing jobs has to be able to be explained. You should have your story straight about why you have left every job you have ever had. If its due to increased responsibility, then thats fine, say so. If it was a significant pay raise, then say so.

If someone is changing jobs often with no real rhyme or reason, no increases in responsibility, no jump in stature, etc then yeah that raises red flags.

2 different people could have 3 different jobs in 5 years and have two completely different stories about why.

I would ask to hear your story, and how changing jobs has led to the best developed you.
    So could that part-time job I took for six months before moving to another company hurt me? Would it be fair to say that you should stick it out for at least a year.

How's this Resume objective:
    - Seeking a position where I can [use] my education and skills to assist in the success of your organization.

or

- Seeking a position where I can [utilize] my education and skills to assist in the success of your organization.

or neither

~ Merica

So could that part-time job I took for six months before moving to another company hurt me? Would it be fair to say that you should stick it out for at least a year.

How's this Resume objective:
    - Seeking a position where I can [use] my education and skills to assist in the success of your organization.

or

- Seeking a position where I can [utilize] my education and skills to assist in the success of your organization.

or neither
    Resume objectives are a little old school. We know you're looking for a job.

Instead of an OBJECTIVE, use something like PROFILE.

Here is one I wrote for a career coaching client:

Landscaping, facilities and construction management professional viewed as a problem solver and leader, with proven success delivering successful projects, improving processes, and managing large diverse teams. Thrive in challenging situations where initiative is valued. Competencies include planning, organizing, and executing projects. Intelligent and productive individual motivated by achievement, making a difference, and delivering on high professional standards.

This guy plows snow and cuts grass for a living.
    See the difference?

up again, keep em coming

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Do you review resumes? If so, subscribed.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got hired at a job, and my start day is Early April. What are the chances this employer will allow me to take 1 week off for a flight trip I planned for on June 15?

Keep in mind I purchased the flights in February. I plan to tell them before my start day, will they be ok with it?

Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    Do you review resumes? If so, subscribed.
    Yes, but some quick general comments are free. If you want something really extensive, I do that too, but its not pro-bono.

Originally Posted by Chargr View Post
    Got hired at a job, and my start day is Early April. What are the chances this employer will allow me to take 1 week off for a flight trip I planned for on June 15?

Keep in mind I purchased the flights in February. I plan to tell them before my start day, will they be ok with it?
    I would have told them before agreeing to a start date. I think you should tell them as soon as possible.

Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP,

stupidest thing you had to fire someone for?
    I keep pushing because I think I'm untouchable. But I'll learn the hard way because I'm only a popcorn fart away from a 30 day ban.

Originally Posted by Lightsoft View Post
    OP,

stupidest thing you had to fire someone for?
    Stealing keurig cups.

Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would have told them before agreeing to a start date. I think you should tell them as soon as possible.
    What would you do about this?

Originally Posted by Chargr View Post
    What would you do about this?
    Depends, is there a probation period of time?

If you start in April, and have a trip in June, you are technically still in probation here and not eligble for vacation. Unless its pre-approved. Thats why I would mention it as soon as you can, and get it approved.

Depends, is there a probation period of time?

If you start in April, and have a trip in June, you are technically still in probation here and not eligble for vacation. Unless its pre-approved. Thats why I would mention it as soon as you can, and get it approved.
    Well I sent them an email about it and they haven't responded. Its within the probation period of 90 days.

I got hired at another job today, 2nd interview. After they told me I got the job, I let them know about my flight and they where ok with it (I hope). So we will see...

dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dolphan34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm in my late 20s, has a masters degree in my field (finance) and have worked for the same company since graduating 4 years ago. I'm interested in taking a year off to backpack around the world and have the funds to do so, but I'm a pretty risk-adverse individual and worry about my job prospects when I return. Assuming I can't get back with my old company (which is a possibility), how would you as an HR professional view this break when you're looking at my resume? Is this career suicide? Thanks

roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) roko79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dolphan34 View Post
    I'm in my late 20s, has a masters degree in my field (finance) and have worked for the same company since graduating 4 years ago. I'm interested in taking a year off to backpack around the world and have the funds to do so, but I'm a pretty risk-adverse individual and worry about my job prospects when I return. Assuming I can't get back with my old company (which is a possibility), how would you as an HR professional view this break when you're looking at my resume? Is this career suicide? Thanks
    god I hope not. You should be able to enjoy the time you have on earth without thinking it will ruin your career.
    If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary

**New Jersey Crew 908**
    Upstream, Red Team

inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) inq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im in my first post-grad job, about full year now, working in healthcare admin at a top hospital system. I was very lucky to network and be entrusted to this role fresh out of grad school (required 2 years of prof. exp. but they allowed my masters to supplement). Have learned alot and looks great on my CV.

Was just accepted to a weekend-format masters (which my dual specialties makes me highly competitive for my field) and this upcoming 1yr program feeds into my goal career in Mgt. Consulting, where Id specialize in Healthcare Strategy & Operations.

Question for OP: Would leaving 1.25-1.5 years be "acceptable" and not burn bridges? Even though this program is made for working professionals, I am starting to look at opportunities outside my current job, since internships are what most Student Consultants do before offered entry into the Firm. My current hospital role has a lot of sole responsibility and has taken half the past year just learning it. They expect me to stay 2 years minimum....but really they are grooming me for management and I can tell it will be major disappointment if I left... much less only after a year or so. I was a big investment and they took a chance on me, which I am eternally grateful, and that is my only hesitation to leave.

I do like my hospital org. and dept. and can see myself coming back as a sr leader down the road so I dont want to burn bridges.
    ---
    ---
    Aware Thread: You know you can TRIPLE the Chipotle Bowl, right?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168524803

S&P crew
    CollegeTrad.com - "A young man's perspective on timeless and youthful style"