Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblack222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel my setup fits the "cheapo" standard but it has served me well for almost exactly a year now.

Rack- Fitness Gear FR600 from DSG. After DSG points redemption and coupons it was less than $300 OTD. I had't seen many reviews on this one specifically when I picked it up, but after seeing it in store and the price I went ahead and bit the bullet and I am glad I did. It did have one bolt hole that had a little slag in it I had to clear out with the dremel while assembling, but other than that there have been no issues. I will upgrade the J-Cups and safetys soon, but not out of need. It has been solid and has held up to a couple of 405 squat fails and many more fails in the 300+ range with no problems

Bench- I had this one years prior, its a Fitness Gear FID but I am not sure of the model. It doesn't resemble any current offering. It is solid (I've hit a 355 bench on it this year), but a bit narrow, tall and I don't like the gap from the the base to the moveable portion. I would have started with the Rogue fixed bench had I not already had this around.

Bar- Started with a cheap chrome one from a set but it bent on a deadlift attempt. I picked up the CAP OB-86B after this and have been very pleased. However, I am running smolov at the moment and the knurling is certainly making itself known haha. I also picked up a cheap trap bar from Amazon to do trap bar things

Plates- I had ~ 200#s of plates laying around the house from years prior that lasted for a bit. I made a post on a local forum asking about buying some and was actually given another 300+ as long as I took everything out of the way. After that I picked up a pair of 45# bumpers from DSG.

Plate Storage- The Rack came with some, but I got 2 trees from the guy that gave me the plates so I have been using them instead.

DB- 10-25 from a yard sale and then plate loadable handles were in my "free haul".

Mats- Tractor Supply

Dips- Picked up a dip station from a no- name seller on ebay for $60 and it has been perfectly fine. I weigh ~200 and do sets with 45+ added and it has never wobbled at all. Weight rating was around 500 so I think I am good.

Dip belt- I had a short 5ft tow/pull strap that I hadn't used for it's intended purpose and thought "Hmmm, I bet I can make that work for a dip belt." Yep, it works awesome. The strap is thick and slighlty padded so it doesn't dig in and it's just long enough to add a plate and loop it back around and attach with a carabiner.

Cable/Pulley- This is probably the most expensive piece and also the least used. It is an older Fitness Gear (you see a theme here?) Smith that has multiple cable attachments that are plate loaded. I got it probably 5 years back from Craigslist and I think I paid around $600 for it and the bench I talked about above. It's main use at the moment is my 4 year old using the smith bar to do pull ups. While I don't currently use it that often, it is nice to have the ability to do pretty much any cable exercise I can think of. If I didn't already have it there is no way I would go out and but it again now.

Next items on the list will be a GHD, and some accessories for the rack as I think I have 90% of my bases covered at the moment.

CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, so the recommended PPR200X is going to cost $800 CAD, is 14 gauge, has less holes in the uprights. The AmStaff TR023 and TR025 doesn't get as much love, but is 2mm or maybe 13~14 gauge steel. John Phung has posted here about 10 times, but does maintain a video log on his own website and has lifted 500~600 lbs squats / rack pulls in them.

The TR025 is about $50 more, but replaced the saber style safeties with quick change safeties.

I did a forum search and, while it's not all positive, for the price it's not so bad.

For the price of the PPR200X, I'd rather go with the Northern Lights CrossBox; I would get 11 gauge steel. I don't know if that's still "Cheapo".

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    very much this. i have read a few reviews and they were along the lines of Dicks Sporting Goods quality...

i wish i could help but prices go wonky north of the border. have you checked the used market in the nearest large city? a truck rental and a day off of work might save you money on a high quality setup
    I keep looking, I can find weights but not decent racks. The rest are the same retail stores advertising their brand new racks. U-Haul would cost me about $80~$100 to drive around 2~3 hours away, so I'd rather get new and pay shipping than used and pickup.

I was inclined to get the stands originally, and later on acquire a pair of monolift hooks. With the spotters at 20 inches, it should cover where I lift off from the hooks without moving much. Worst case, on a failed bench and missing the spotters I would hit my legs but not the neck or head. But no other stuff, so the rack is indeed better, but at the same time I don't want to get a really cheap quality rack.

Going to do more digging. The AmStaff TR025 needs a little more investigation ...

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CanadaBuilder View Post
    Ok, so the recommended PPR200X is going to cost $800 CAD, is 14 gauge, has less holes in the uprights. The AmStaff TR023 and TR025 doesn't get as much love, but is 2mm or maybe 13~14 gauge steel. John Phung has posted here about 10 times, but does maintain a video log on his own website and has lifted 500~600 lbs squats / rack pulls in them.

The TR025 is about $50 more, but replaced the saber style safeties with quick change safeties.

I did a forum search and, while it's not all positive, for the price it's not so bad.

For the price of the PPR200X, I'd rather go with the Northern Lights CrossBox; I would get 11 gauge steel. I don't know if that's still "Cheapo".

I keep looking, I can find weights but not decent racks. The rest are the same retail stores advertising their brand new racks. U-Haul would cost me about $80~$100 to drive around 2~3 hours away, so I'd rather get new and pay shipping than used and pickup.

I was inclined to get the stands originally, and later on acquire a pair of monolift hooks. With the spotters at 20 inches, it should cover where I lift off from the hooks without moving much. Worst case, on a failed bench and missing the spotters I would hit my legs but not the neck or head. But no other stuff, so the rack is indeed better, but at the same time I don't want to get a really cheap quality rack.

Going to do more digging. The AmStaff TR025 needs a little more investigation ...
    The powertec power rack is 800 CAD.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CanadaBuilder View Post

from what i've heard, the Northern lights seems to be a good rack, but i can't remember too well. i wouldn't buy the ppr200x for that much money.

if you want to buy new, you have no choices: you have to buy the cheapest usable equipment you can find.

if you buy used, you can shop for used commercial quality equipment and STILL spend less than you would if you found new. all my best pieces are 2nd hand.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like CABuilder is banned.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Any idea what he did wrong? I didn't notice him trying to sell stuff here or post an avatar of his waxed leg or anything....
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪
    ▪()()-----()()▪ York Barbell Club #83 (DD) ▪()()-----()()▪
    ▪▪█─────█▪▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #83 ▪▪█─────█▪▪
    ▪[M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #14 ▪[M]===[6]▪

Seeking: Knowledge

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Oh, weird, didn't even notice
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is strange. Seems like a decent guy, clearly not a clueless newbie. He claims to have learned a lot by lurking. I like that. I was going to try to hook him up.

Hopefully this is a temp ban.
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CliveWarren View Post
    This is strange. Seems like a decent guy, clearly not a clueless newbie. He claims to have learned a lot by lurking. I like that. I was going to try to hook him up.

Hopefully this is a temp ban.

Yup. Seemed polite enough.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    multiple accounts - Questions?... Contact --> bb.mod@aol.com

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

If you have questions about this ban, contact the presiding moderator at the email address provided above. If no email is listed or you receive no response, contact the admin at forum_admin@bodybuilding.com. Very rarely will a ban be overturned.

NOTE: Sometimes this message shows up in error, especially if it says there is "no reason" for the ban. Please try again and see if the message goes away.
    I feel like the main character in The Shawshank Redemption. I have not violated any forum rules as far as I can tell, but clearly (and I might get banned again because of this) I am forced to create this second account. No pictures. No spam. No advertising. Just barbell equipment and stuff. And I sincerely apologize to anyone I have ever offended, although I try not to in the first place.

Prior to today, I don't have any other accounts. I can still access the first account, so Mr. CliveWarren, I did get your message, I just can not reply from there, nor post anymore. I appreciate the offer, and if this account isn't banned soon I will PM you. Or if this does, I'll PM you from another one. As you know, I'm new to this country. (Fortunately, I feel no need to carry; in Mindanao ... well.)

I'm not going to waste my time trying to get the first ban lifted. Everyone can click my profile and see all my 100+ posts, ... the reason about multiple accounts is just bizarre to me.

I have different accounts on different forums and different websites, and they are all separate. I like it that way. It's a privacy thing. Maybe bb.com does not value privacy and thinks I violated their "all disclosure" terms of service or something, and I didn't bother to read that one.

were you not informed of why you were banned? you can get banned for having a 2nd account, so you might delete this post and take it up with the moderator that banned you or ForumSentinel to find out what happened first.

CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But back to the topic of Cheapo setups: My choices seem to be between the following:

1. NL CrossBox Squat Stands with Spotters for $451 CAD ($347 USD) (and a set of monolift hooks in the future). 11 gauge.
    2. AmStaff TR025 for $574.77 CAD ($442 USD). 13~14 gauge. But comes with monkey/pull up bars, dip attachment and quick change swing in spotter.

I am considering recreating my wood flat bench, but I am probably not going with anything wood for the stand or rack.

Back in the Philippines, I lifted with DIY 2x2 14 gauge squat stands, custom cut and welded by a friend. I don't have pics of that anymore or I'd post in the DIY No Excuses thread.

were you not informed of why you were banned? you can get banned for having a 2nd account, so you might delete this post and take it up with the moderator that banned you or ForumSentinel to find out what happened first.
    I did not get any message except the one I quoted above. I don't have any other accounts. Just this one. It's not a big deal to me.

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CanadaBuilder2 View Post
    I did not get any message except the one I quoted above. I don't have any other accounts. Just this one. It's not a big deal to me.
    Sounds to me like it was a mistake. In any regard, welcome back.

1: i wouldn't get either of those, i would contact Clive and see what assistance he can offer.

2: sucks about the ban, but it might be an issue with IP or something, you might consider emailing the mods, but that's up to you.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm officially submitting a stronger endorsement for the Atlas (Barbells4Me) flat bench on Amazon. For the price you simply can't go wrong, the bench is solid and the padding is plenty wide and stiff for stable benching. The price jumped a tad following my order, I believe it was $10 cheaper than the current price shipped. The material on the padding is similar quality to what was on my GetRXD GHD, as well as the materials used on the frame and quality of the powder coating. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me if they both came from the same factory in China.

I see no reason to upgrade this bench as the specs are perfect, and this is coming from someone who dropped down in quality from the Hammer Strength flat bench (just sold). Eventually when/if the pad wears out I would contact FullCirclePadding and just have a higher quality one made for this frame, that is the only area where I could foresee any issues developing (plywood is on the thin side).
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

great to know. i see from the last few posts that you seem to be consolidating your setup. any reason you decided to sell the Hammer Strength?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mobility mainly, it was a great bench but frankly I got tired of having to bend over to pick it up. That, and with the rubber feet on rubber floor it was not easy to make quick adjustments, so if it wasn't lined up right it would make a horrible rubbing noise if I tried dragging it a couple inches. REALLY small complaints to be honest, but these days I just feel like everything should be standard with wheels/handle.

Originally Posted by dieselmike View Post
    Sounds to me like it was a mistake. In any regard, welcome back.
    Thank you. I never left. Might have to come back as a "real" person, I'm a bit "shy" you know, so ... Mod or Admin must have been trigger happy.

1: i wouldn't get either of those, i would contact Clive and see what assistance he can offer.

2: sucks about the ban, but it might be an issue with IP or something, you might consider emailing the mods, but that's up to you.
    1. I might be meeting Clive next week or so. I'm always trying to make new friends. I've got my bar, I'm getting plates next. In a former life I got stuck with a 200 lbs squat, because that's all the plates I had. I consider myself cheap, which is why I'm in this thread in the first place.

2. I'm pretty sure it's IP related, but I would prefer if a mod just PM'd me and I can explain. I'm trying to look for any rules or terms of service of this forum now, maybe I'm not allowed to create accounts from school or from free wifi in the subway or something along those lines (although I don't think that's a good rule if it is.)

I mean, they're mods, they should look at post history and stuff, not just my IP address. I'm not Edward Snowden, but I like my privacy. I might post a workout log, but that's it. I'm anonymous, but I'm not causing any trouble. I just have secrets. Everyone has secrets. Even my secrets have secrets.

Anyway, I'm going to buy some waffles for the wife. See you guys later.

wants2befit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all,

I am looking to get some recommendation for a starter 300lbs Olympic weight set. I did look through my local Cl and nothing there. I don't mind the cheap stuff for now, since I am just starting to lift.

Is the dickssportinggood set good enough for my needs?

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you. I never left. Might have to come back as a "real" person, I'm a bit "shy" you know, so ... Mod or Admin must have been trigger happy.

1. I might be meeting Clive next week or so. I'm always trying to make new friends. I've got my bar, I'm getting plates next. In a former life I got stuck with a 200 lbs squat, because that's all the plates I had. I consider myself cheap, which is why I'm in this thread in the first place.

2. I'm pretty sure it's IP related, but I would prefer if a mod just PM'd me and I can explain. I'm trying to look for any rules or terms of service of this forum now, maybe I'm not allowed to create accounts from school or from free wifi in the subway or something along those lines (although I don't think that's a good rule if it is.)

I mean, they're mods, they should look at post history and stuff, not just my IP address. I'm not Edward Snowden, but I like my privacy. I might post a workout log, but that's it. I'm anonymous, but I'm not causing any trouble. I just have secrets. Everyone has secrets. Even my secrets have secrets.

Anyway, I'm going to buy some waffles for the wife. See you guys later.
    I saw a Toronto area Kijiji ad for a full setup for $500 yesterday. GPR378 rack, olympic weight set, and a Northern Lights FI bench. It was gone ten minutes later it seems. Such is life.
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by wants2befit View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking to get some recommendation for a starter 300lbs Olympic weight set. I did look through my local Cl and nothing there. I don't mind the cheap stuff for now, since I am just starting to lift.

Yes. In that regard. Weight is weight. But I find it hard to believe you can't pick up any old Olympic weights on CL for cheap. Might not match, might not be pretty, might have some rust. But pretty readily available.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wants2befit View Post
    Hi all,

Originally Posted by dieselmike View Post
    Yes. In that regard. Weight is weight. But I find it hard to believe you can't pick up any old Olympic weights on CL for cheap. Might not match, might not be pretty, might have some rust. But pretty readily available.

Seriously. Where are you located wants2befit? Save the cash for a more important item - like an upgraded bar (which you'll want to get even if you buy a brand new set
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've done some googling and looking online and I'm trying to get an adjustable bench with leg attachment. I have an at home gym and my setup is below
    Fitness Gear Pro Utility Bench - credit card pts bought from dicks
    Weider Pro 255L Bench - free find on craigslist
    power tower - $15 on craigslist
    1090 selecttech dumbbells - new yrs ago for prob 500 and some..forget price
    CFF Squat Stands Gen 2 - credit card pts from amazon
    olympic plates - 450lbs - accumulated over the years for $150 or so..some came with benches that I just flipped and kept the weights
    numerous olympic bars and ez-curl bars

So basically I can do most programs from bodybuilding.com except those which call for leg presses/hack squats/etc and I get by with bands for leg extensions and leg curls but it blows doing that and I'd really like a bench with a leg extension attachment and the one I have does not have that option to add

Front squats are your friend, leg extension attachments on most benches are lackluster and you will have to spend a fortune to get a halfway decent one new (like Ironmaster bench + leg attachment). Also the movement in general is not all that great, narrow stance front squats for the quads

jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrompola is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah i get all that and I do front squats

I just have never really done them since using my home gym type workouts since 2013 and really feel like doing them

The current bench I use is not all that "high" quality, but I feel it does a great job. The only ones I find that are in my price range are the XMark ones and I am not going to get one of those, so just wanted to see if others had any recommendations

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The mods are openly anti-Canada

Originally Posted by jrompola View Post
    Yeah i get all that and I do front squats
    If you got all that, then you would have said "Damn I love front squats and see no reason to ever do leg extensions".

Just saying...

just watch out for Goblet Squats

Well thanks for the recommendation anyway...I just like to mix it up and at least have the option to do them if I want. Itd be like saying no need to do a particular chest move bc bench takes care of the muscle better