Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Post Summer 2015 Log: Food, Exercise, Weigh-In, Photos, Videos, More...

This is my second weight loss log in here.
    You can see my first one here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167191141

A bit of background

November 2014:
    • weighed in at 316 lbs
    • started losing weight by removing refined Carbs & Sugars from my diet
    • added Intermittent Fasting, usually Mon-Fri

March 2015:
    • weighed in at 275 lbs
    • joined this website

April 2015:
    • weighed in at 260 lbs
    • started 1st log (257 lbs)

May 2015:
    • May 2nd weighed in at 248.4 lbs
    • May 30th weight in at 234.4 lbs
    • end of first log

Total Weight Lost So Far:
    82 lbs

====================

My New Log

Today is June 1st. I will keep this log during the months of June, July, August.

On this second log I will share the following:
    • food & exercise logs
    • weekly weigh ins
    • progress photos (ouch)
    • videos
    • health-related literature I find interesting: articles, books, online content
    • random thoughts and comments that are health-related

While I welcome comments, questions, input, and especially advice, I realize that most readers don't reply. My main purpose is not to generate a large number of replies, but rather to be accountable to myself, and to have a place where I keep an account of my progress and my thinking process along my journey.

If people do reply to my posts, that is always appreciated. If anyone can actually benefit from this account of my own journey, that is always a plus!

Thanks for reading my log.
    Ah. Summer is here

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here are some photos from this past Saturday, May 30th
    234.4 lbs

I don't look as eww with a shirt on, but without it...

Went to Cheesecake Factory tonight. I had the Lemon-herb Roasted Chicken. Replaced the mashed potatoes with a side of steamed brocolli.

Everyone else had great dishes also.

And I did NOT touch desert.

Last edited by NoCarbsNoSugar; 06-01-2015 at 09:34 PM.

New numbers for daily intake:

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FYI: Not sure if you know, but that number posted is your TDEE (amount you need to maintain your current weight), you have to minus calories to create the deficit.

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    FYI: Not sure if you know, but that number posted is your TDEE (amount you need to maintain your current weight), you have to minus calories to create the deficit.
    Right... in order to lose weight, I need to be 15%-20% below my TDEE, without going below my BMR. I have had 3 weeks of experimenting with different foods, which combined with a very small Intermittent Fasting eating window resulted in very low calories: 800-1000 calories per day. Not good.

Starting last week, I brought my intake up to around 1900 calories daily, with pretty good macros. Much better!

Thanks for the input.
    Very much appreciated.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No problem, I'll be following along and goodluck!

Thank You!

Monday, June 1, 2015

Intermittent Fasting - eating window 5PM-11PM

Meals
    Fresh Food:
    Steamed Broccoli

Cooked/Processed Food:
    Lemon-Herb Chicken (Cheesecake Factory Dish)
    Cottage Cheese (1 cup)
    Mountainhigh Lowfat Yogurt (1 cup)
    Chewing Gum (2 sticks)
    Isopure Protein Shake
    Cellucor C4 Pre-Workout

Daily Totals:
    C:1795 F:37g Cbs:50g Sg:35g P:175g

Exercise
    Lifting Routine

Comments
    A bit low on calories and protein today.
    I over-ate on Sunday a little bit and felt quite stuffed throughout the day today.

Lilou03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

First of all great progress

Wanted to ask, have you seen a big difference since you started the intermittent fasting method?

Originally Posted by Lilou03 View Post
    Hi,

First of all great progress

Wanted to ask, have you seen a big difference since you started the intermittent fasting method?
    Thanks for the kind words.

IF is not for everyone. That much I know already
    Some love it, some hate it, and then there are lots of people in the middle.

I love IF!
    Besides creating a state of Ketosis, which I don't know too much about , it has benefited me as follows:

• control daily caloric intake
    • increase discipline & self-control as far as food intake
    • increase appetite control
    • steady weight-loss
    • increased levels of energy
    • increased sensation of cleansing
    • create an increased ability to listen to my own body, as it tells me when it is really full

I should mention that in my case, the main change I made was to remove all refined Carbs and Sugars from my diet, and IF was done in combination with that. Also, I exercise moderately: I lift three times a week, in my home, using basic dumbbells, a blanket, and a tall barstool

I used to do IF every weekday, ever week.
    I now reduced that to just 2-3 days a week, depending on what's going on.
    I did this mostly because I had a hard time eating enough calories during my eating window.

Besides the benefits mentioned above, IF works wonderfully with my work schedule.
    I work in a professional environment, and I do get a lunch hour. However, most days I have personal things to attend to during my lunch hour, and often there isn't enough time to sit down and eat. Also, my workday seems to pass very quickly when I do IF. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it is not the same for others.

The biggest problem I see with IF is the eating window. If you allow it to get too small, like I often do, you end up not being able to fit in enough calories and macros for the day. One has to be careful though, because one can still over-eat inside that eating window.
    Just because you fasted for 16 hours, it doesn't mean you can now binge and have 3 buckets of ice cream, topped with 7 slices of bacon , followed by a gallon of Pepsi Over-eating is over-eating, even when one does IF. So finding the right balance is important.

I would say that the most important thing with IF is that you do not go hungry.
    If you are starving during your non-eating hours, you are doing something wrong.
    In my case, I think what helps a lot with hunger is drinking LOTS of non-calorie liquids during my non-eating window. I love tea! I will have a BUCKET of herbal tea, some green tea, some coffee, and other calorie-free and sugar-free drinks. I don't drink diet pop.

You can look up Intermittent Fasting online or here on the forum.
    Basically, you go calorie-free for at least 16 hours, which provides an 8-hour eating window.
    Some make that eating window shorter.

Sorry about the rant.
    Thanks for stopping by

This week I am reading articles from the June edition of the Costco Connection.
    If you are not a Costco member and do not get this in the mail, you can access it online, here:
    http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201506#pg1

This month's issue has a fairly large section dedicated to health-related topics.
    Here's a shot of the cover:

The article I am reading today is titled A Call for Calm - Enjoy Life More By Doing Less

Written by Stephanie E. Ponder, the article discusses the idea of decluttering one's daily life in order to actually get more done. The author focuses on a decluttering of the inside, rather than the outside, with sub-ideas like:

• dealing with busyness
    • finding your slow
    • slowing your stay slow rather than fast
    • enjoying/savoring moments throughout the day
    • meditation pointers (not a big fan of meditation, but I do pray)
    • employing mindfulness
    • finding calm in WhiteSpace (time between main activities)

Two quotes from the article:

Lots of great advice in this article that can also be applied to weight loss. Often people who try to lose weight will end up moving too fast, trying to get too much done in a short time, and eventually end up giving it up. The article is a reminder for me that whatever I find myself doing, whether it is getting healthy or completing a task at my job, it is always important to remind myself not to go too fast.
    Last edited by NoCarbsNoSugar; 06-02-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Some foods I am enjoying this evening:

Two burgers with onion and mustard, on red cabbage:

And some Eggplant salad/paste with Gypsy Peppers and tomato:

sorry about the flower design... I was bored

Both dishes tasted wonderful!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Intermittent Fasting - eating window 6PM-11PM

Meals
    Fresh Food:
    Red Cabbage
    Gipsy Pepper
    Tomato
    Onion

Cooked/Processed Food:
    Eggplant salad/paste
    Kirkland Real Mayonnaise
    Cottage Cheese
    Mountainside Yogurt
    4 Large Eggs
    Kirkland Beef Patties
    LiftOff
    1 Gum Stick

Daily Totals:
    C:1756 F:73g Cbs:85g Sg:58g P:111g

Exercise
    None

Comments
    I was going to drink my protein shake, to make it up to 1900 cals, but just could not stuff it in.
    Did not want to do IF today, but had not choice - got home very late.

Last edited by NoCarbsNoSugar; 06-02-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Reading the next article in the Costco Connection magazine today.

Written by Christle Fiedler, the article deals primarily with stress. It is titled Stress Can Kill - Learning To Relax Could Add Years To Your Life

One main topic that is discussed is the close connection between stress and disease, as well as different ways to break what the author calls the stress cycle.

Seven sub-ideas presented are:
    • take stock
    • take inventory
    • mobilize your resources
    • be available
    • be in control
    • thank people
    • stay grounded

Many more ideas in this article. An easy read.
    You can see the entire article here: http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201506#pg39

Here's one of my dishes this afternoon.
    Simply delicious!

markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    ...Eggplant salad/paste with Gypsy Peppers and tomato:

sorry about the flower design... I was bored
    Recipe and nutrition for Eggplant salad/paste? Looks good and I have a half an eggplant waiting at home...
    Oh, and who doesn't like a little whimsy!? lol
    Instagram: MorbidlyObese2FreakinBeast
    Tumblr: morbidlyobese2freakinbeast.tumblr.com
    MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/itsarchietime
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9KGsmBlfmWJMHDqVvyEchA
    -------------------------------------------------------
    7/13/16 - 345.2 @ 51.3%
    ----------------
    Progress (8 Weeks Remaining)
    14 / 45 lbs Pounds Lost
    ----------------
    Goal
    8/25/16 330 lbs
    ----------------
    Overall Goals
    200 lbs @ 15% BF
    180 lbs @ 10% BF

Originally Posted by markprivinius View Post
    Recipe and nutrition for Eggplant salad/paste? Looks good and I have a half an eggplant waiting at home...
    Oh, and who doesn't like a little whimsy!? lol
    More of a family recipe than anything... I've had this since I was a child.
    Used to eat it as a bread spread, but now eat it as a veggie spread or dip.
    Yesterday, I had it as a dip, with Gypsy Peppers and tomato.

1. Grill eggplant for about 30 minutes (can also bake in stove)

• 10-15 minutes before flipping over
    • the inside should be soft and mushy
    • the outside should be hard and sort of breaking apart

2. Peel the top off and cut the stem (throw out)

3. Chop up the inside of the eggplant - a fine chop

4. Cool in the fridge for next step

5. Grate some onion in the mix - about 1-2 Tbsp

6. Add mayonnaise (by eye, according to taste) - I like a lot

7. Mix and serve cooled.

No guarantees that you are going to like this, and I am no chef, so my recipe may be a bit off on the cooking time.

The nutritional information can be figured out by counting it for each individual item.
    The amount you see on the plate yesterday was like follows:

Weight: 123g
    C:195 F:15g Cbs:28g Sg:7g P:2g

After all the food I managed to get on my plate today, I was still some 400 calories short of 1900 calories.
    This delicious plate should get me closer to that number.
    This is some tuna mixed with 1 Tbsp of Mayo and some chopped onion, as a dip for Gipsy Peppers, Celery Sticks, and Tomatoes.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

No Intermittent Fasting - Ate Throughout The Day

Meals
    Fresh Food:
    Tomato • Broccoli • Celery • Gipsy Pepper • Onion

Cooked/Processed Food:
    Smoked Pork Loin • Perdue Chicken Breast • Canned Tuna • Kirkland Canola Oil • Kirkland Real Mayonnaise • Cottage Cheese
    Lowfat Yogurt • Isopure Protein Shake • Cellucor C4 Pre-Workout

Daily Totals:
    C:1905 F:71g Cbs:60g Sg:37g P:223g

Exercise
    Lifting Routine

Comments
    I felt totally over-stuffed today, even though I only ate 1905 calories.
    Almost felt guilty about it, like I over-ate or something
    Did good on calories and macros - amazing how much Protein one can get from... FOOD

my breakfast this morning

This morning I read the next article in June's edition of the Costco Connection.

Written by Heather Larson, the main idea presented is that of traveling or taking a vacation with WELLNESS as the main goal. The author refers to this as a Wellness Trip.

It is a shorter article that offers insight about WHY and HOW one should engage in traveling of this sort, with some specific examples of destinations.

While I enjoyed reading this article, it did seem a bit as more of an advertising attempt, rather than an attempt to offer advice. Costco does have quite an extensive travel program, and right at the end of the article, there is a direct reference to this service, phone number included

Still a pretty decent article.
    You can read it here if you wish: http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201506#pg44

Just read an article by Rachel Frederickson.
    Remember, the young lady who won season 15 on the Biggest Loser?

I remember sitting on the couch during the final show (I was very fat at the time ) and thinking that she is way too skinny. Apparently, she would have agreed with me.

It's been a while, and I was a bit out of the loop on what followed in her life, after the season was over. It appears that she accomplished two things, quite successfully:

1. She won the contest by losing the greatest percentage of body weight.
    2. She went home and found the right long-term balance for her - she purposefully gained 20 lbs back, and seems to be in a place of comfort, and also in a place of personal balance.

A little while after she won the contest, she wrote an article for Today.com, which I read today.
    You can read it here if you want: http://www.today.com/health/biggest-...ial-1D80338786

It seems to me that many (most) of the watchers, myself included, failed to differentiate between the purpose of the show (to find the biggest loser for that particular season) and on the other hand to find balance in one's personal life. On this show, those two things don't always go together. Not right away anyways.

I, for one, am inspired by what she did, by how she responded to the public reaction, and especially by how she maintained a balanced life since winning the show two years ago.

Here's a before-and-after shot:

And here she is after putting 20 lbs back on, purposefully, in order to find a comfortable place of balance:

I am inspired by this great warrior

Came home this afternoon and the family was grilling
    Throwing this on the grill with some broccoli.

the burgers are for the kids

markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    More of a family recipe than anything... I've had this since I was a child.
    Used to eat it as a bread spread, but now eat it as a veggie spread or dip.
    Yesterday, I had it as a dip, with Gypsy Peppers and tomato.

1. Grill eggplant for about 30 minutes (can also bake in stove)

• 10-15 minutes before flipping over
    • the inside should be soft and mushy
    • the outside should be hard and sort of breaking apart

2. Peel the top off and cut the stem (throw out)

3. Chop up the inside of the eggplant - a fine chop

4. Cool in the fridge for next step

5. Grate some onion in the mix - about 1-2 Tbsp

6. Add mayonnaise (by eye, according to taste) - I like a lot

7. Mix and serve cooled.

No guarantees that you are going to like this, and I am no chef, so my recipe may be a bit off on the cooking time.

The nutritional information can be figured out by counting it for each individual item.
    The amount you see on the plate yesterday was like follows:

Weight: 123g
    C:195 F:15g Cbs:28g Sg:7g P:2g
    Thanks man!
    Instagram: MorbidlyObese2FreakinBeast
    Tumblr: morbidlyobese2freakinbeast.tumblr.com
    MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/itsarchietime
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9KGsmBlfmWJMHDqVvyEchA
    -------------------------------------------------------
    7/13/16 - 345.2 @ 51.3%
    ----------------
    Progress (8 Weeks Remaining)
    14 / 45 lbs Pounds Lost
    ----------------
    Goal
    8/25/16 330 lbs
    ----------------
    Overall Goals
    200 lbs @ 15% BF
    180 lbs @ 10% BF

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Props for posting pics, cant wait to see you kick that guys ass

Originally Posted by markprivinius View Post
    Thanks man!
    You're welcome.
    Next time I make these, I will make a video, for my own logging experience.
    Yours looked pretty delicious as well

Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
    Props for posting pics, cant wait to see you kick that guys ass
    Thank you!
    I appreciate it

and here's what that looked like on the plate:

tasted pretty awesome, too!

Not bad.
    Not bad at all.