jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdcole4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Performix - Ion Preworkout

I was fortunate enough to receive some samples of this preworkout from Performix and wanted to share my feedback with the community.

Flavor - 8/10
    I received the Ice Punch flavor and it was definitely enjoyable! Easily something I would look forward to each day before my workouts. I was actually a big fan of the "Terra Beads" that they use in their powder. It gives the drink a really nice texture.

Energy - 9/10
    About 30 minutes after slamming back the mix I was kicked in the face with a rush of energy. Was a really good pick me up on the days when I could barely drag myself out of the house to the gym. Delivers as promised here!

Focus - 6/10
    I didn't really notice much of an enhanced focus during my sessions while taking Ion. I'm usually super tunnel vision already when going into the gym so it's pretty tough for a preworkout to noticeably impact me in this department.

Pump - 8.5 / 10
    I'm currently on a bit of a low carb diet so getting a pump going in the gym is damn near impossible at the moment, but Ion sure helped solve that problem. While not completely skin tearing, it was easily an amazing boost with new veins popping out all over!

Overall - 8 / 10
    I really enjoyed trying out this preworkout. It gave me some great results in the gym and was a nice treat to chug down. The two main issues that are holding Ion back for me were the lack of improved focus, and there was a little bit too much Niacin for my taste. Taking the 2 servings that came in the sample package I got a nice hot flash that lasted about 15 minutes. That wasn't something I particularly wanted during the summer months, and already sweat too much as it is! Minor nit picking aside, this is definitely a quality product and would suggest that anyone looking for a new preworkout give it a try. The combination of energy and pumps was very good, and it's easy on the taste buds!
    "You're either pro or your noob, that's life."

Glyco-Energy Log (COMPLETE): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154746253&p=1107996033&posted=1#post1107996033
    Muscleology Sledgehammer (COMPLETE): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156063553&p=1115146633#post1115146633