nyxmetsfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Met RX 4200mg Creatine - Daily Dose

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a repost...I searched on the forums and didn't find much.

So I just started taking creatine in pill form offered by Met RX (4200mg pills). I'm a little confused though about the daily dose and what I should be taking. On the bottle, it recommends six pills daily, which added together would be around 25g a day. I asked my bodybuilding friend what he recommended and he said eight pills a day. While I am fine taking this much, it seems that the general consensus is only 5g per day.

My questions are:

Why would the bottle recommend such a large dosage? Besides for profit?
    Is taking this much for an extended period of time harmful?
    Is there any benefit to consistently take six pills everyday like the bottle recommends?
    My friend also recommended I take half before and half after. Is there any additional benefit to a specific time where I take it?

Thanks everyone, and again, sorry if this already came up in the forums.

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The serving size of 6 pills gives you 4200mg of creatine. Each pill is not 4200mg itself. So you should take 6 pills daily like the bottle states.

Take creatine consistently to keep it in your system. Some people will say take half before and half after your workout, others say take it pre, others say take it post. What's most important is that you take it daily. Don't worry about the timing as much.
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^^^ Exactly. Follow the bottle and you're good man! Dosaging is 4200mg for the serving, not per pill. So 6 pills = 1 serving worth 4200mg. You're good man, just follow the bottle.
    Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

nyxmetsfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you! I feel like an idiot now since the supplement facts are per serving!

supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supermaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha it's all good man. Creatine builds up in your system over time. Just stick with the bottle. It's legit stuff. Let us know how you like it
    275 Raw
    677/507/728
    1912 total
    Ranked 16nd nationally

Youtube: Mazzaiii
    Insta: nutellastrong
    ********: John Mazza III